Has a touch screen

>has a touch screen
>screen will be inside the dock a large majority of the time

Uh, what? What's the point? You can touch menus instead of pressing the A button .2 inches away? Hooray????

They think it's a hand held.

PSVITA
3DS
WII U
Youre a retard whos nitpicking every shit he sees as a "SWITCHES BIGGEST FLAW"
Worse than clickbait

so does your phone what's your point

So it can have a DS virtual console.

>PSVITA
>3DS
>WII U
What

>Uh, what? What's the point? You can touch menus instead of pressing the A button .2 inches away? Hooray????

I'm guessing he means in a dock where you dont look at it, because youre looking at your tv. unless youre misunderstanding on purpose, in which case go ahead.

Shitposters aren't even trying anymore

>more features is a bad thing
Why do I still come here?

No game will use the touch screen.

It's pointless.

In fact the entire Switch is pointless. Just get a Wii U and you can play the new Zelda and Splatoon 2 will be on Wii U too with free online.

What is the point of a touch screen if you aren't going to be holding the tablet a large majority of the time

Developers can't have any major gameplay elements rely on it, all it can be used for is navigating menus, which doesn't make sense because you've already got the buttons right there. You're never going to be using the tablet without the controllers.

>Uh, what? What's the point?
because fuck it the tech is cheap enough these days might as well throw it in

So when you're using it in portable mode, you're telling me you'd rather navigate gridded menus with the buttons?

Dumbass

more features are a bad thing if they wont be used. think about the shitty touchpad on the back of the vita. If they took that out it the vita would be cheaper and most customers wouldnt miss out on anything other than some sections in tearaway

op's a fucking neet who dosent leave his basement
proof?
>screen will be inside the dock a large majority of the time
in a portable, touch screen is a must have

It's not a portable. It's a home console. Nintendo is calling it a home console. Portability is just a feature that isn't being focused on. It's primary purpose is to be played at home, on the dock.

Are you an idiot. Its for games that require clicking specific spots on the screen with ease. A standard game pad is bad for that.

So i will give you a piece of shit and say its food
Eat it
Thats what sonyfags do anyway

unless you can connect an undocked switch to a docked switch it is pretty useless

you're being really epic right now senpai

I just noticed how awful the D pad on the Switch looks.

That's how its being marketed in the west. Nintendo has taken the opposite approach for Japan

Nintendo is calling it a hybrid console. Its primary purpose is to be played both at home and on the go.

Nintendo never used the word "hybrid" during the event. The phrase "home console" was used multiple times.

anytime you need to use the touchscreen, you undock it, press the screen, then put ot back.

you can't be this dense...

Wii Fit included with every system

It costs barely anything to add a capacitative touch screen to the switch. It'll be useful for menus and shit at the very least. Also dont compare a tablet having a touch screen with a portable console having a retarded back touch screen.
Why? Games won't require it. The few that do will probably be small eshop titles made to be played on the go, something people that refuse to undock their switch (why buy it then?) would be aware of and wouldnt buy

What did he mean by this?

This is the Nintendrone defense force arguments.

Part 1.

>You're simply nitpicking RETARD TRASH

>It's a feature!

>Hey it's cheap tech so it's fine even if it isn't used at all!

>So when you're in portable mode you won't use it if you can use the buttons? DUMBASS

>OP IS A FUCKING NEET TOUCH SCREEN IS A MUST HAVE

>YOU'RE AN IDIOT. It's for games that support it!! (missing the point)

>Food reference.

>It's a hybrid, except Nintendo never said it's a hybrid or a portable. BUT IT IS BECAUSE I SAY SO!

>JUST REMOVE THE CONSOLE FROM THE TV TO USE IT HOW HARD IS THAT!? YOU FUCKING DENSE RETARD!!!

>Pfft... games won't require it and more features that bloat the price is fine by me. DON'T COMPARE IT TO A TABLET DEVICE REEE!!

To be continued.

what if...
DS ports/VC

>I cant understand that some games can be designed for clicking specific areas on the screen

Why does ps4 controller have lights? It just drains batteries

>It's a hybrid, except Nintendo never said it's a hybrid or a portable. BUT IT IS BECAUSE I SAY SO!
Even if Nintendo doesn't explicitly say it's a hybrid, that's exactly what the fuck it is. The "First Look at Switch" video focused almost entirely on portability.

They literally cannot release a tablet looking device that doesn't have a touch screen. Do you know how many people try to touch literally every screen they see assuming it's a touch screen? It's pretty much an assumed feature at this point. (happens all the time at my electronics store, especially with children, who are a major part of Nintendo's demographic)

Both features are just as useless.

your image is a poor choice the gamepad allowed for touchscreen at all times and it worked as a second screen so your fingers aren't blocking the action when you use them

Nothing to see here folks. OP is just a retard who doesnt know about fun games where you click on things.

Exactly and people have complained about them since the beginning.

And you can't even turn them off, just dim them.

Why are you even bringing up Sony shit? Why do you retards think every poster you reply to is a Sony owner?

>Sooney boogeyman

Jesus Christ you faggots are cringy.

I can only assume it's for Mario Maker.
>make levels in portable mode
>play them in tv mode

So you are forced to play off the dock in those games?

This is the only answer so far that makes sense. I hope it has a stylus.

This is actually a pretty good point now that i think about it

You can't use the touch screen when the thing is docked.

When it isn't docked, you can't use it on the TV.

How dense are you?

This is as retard as it makes the replys look like

No you fucking idiot. Thats what the IR point on the right joycon is for. Its a wii mote.
Fucking idiots I swear.

>that grammar
I think the retard here is (You)

i said the gamepad you fucking illiterate nigger

Did Sup Forums suddenly forget that the Switch is a portable gaming device?

That's not how the joy-con's sensor works.

No you said his image is of bad choice you fucking retard. The topic is about Switch you mongoloid shit eater.

Its like you have came to this thread completely ignorant intentionally.

It's a home console. Portability is not a focus of the development or hardware, as evidenced by the 2 hour battery life and severely reduced performance while not docked.

it's a picture of the gamepad are you blinded from all the jizz in your eyes faggot

Can I charge the switch without docking it? I like watching videos before I sleep with my Wii U gamepad.

Yeah it does seem a little odd.
There may be the ocasional game that forces you to take the screen out but i imagine it will mostly just be menus as you said.

The joycon's IR camera can recognize objects a short distance in front of it. It's not the same as the Wiimotes IR sensor, which looks for the IR lights on the sensor bar to relay its position to the console.

Who gives a fuck what the picture is about. The thread is about Switch you fucking retard and Mario is dumping Wii U in the dumpster because it failed in this gimmicky shit and so will the Switch. Your idiotic rantings about the Shit U 2 are irrelevant to the fucking thread. Go fuck yourself retard.

No

>Portability is not a focus of the development or hardware
Delusion at its best.

Yes, it has a lot of functionality. Try educating yourself on them instead of coming off like a retard. The object detection is the feature that was being shown off.

Damn, I thought the usb c at the bottom of the tablet would charge it. Oh well.

There's no cord or something?

He means you will have to constantly get off your fat arse and walk over to the doc to use the touch screen
Its exercise

>getting up to do something

I thought we ditched these dark times with the TV remote

Have you seen the switch? Or the presentation? Or literally any video where people discuss the switch?
It's usb c. Plug your smart phones cable into it and it will charge.

FUCK
That makes perfect sense

>When it isn't docked, you can't use it on the TV
I doubt it.

If you said the gyros could be used as a pointer you would have a point, but that isn't how IR works.

>that isn't how IR works
Yeah, the wii totally isnt a thing. Fucking retards I swear.

The Switch being a tablet isn't really aiming for being used outside of the house, its more for laying on a couch without looking at a TV. Though Nintendo is marketing it as something that jet setters can play while flying on a plane, or playing with a group of hipsters on a roof top NY party.

They really didn't think this through. Its a half baked idea, and their piss poor excuse for voice chat support is ample proof of that.

>use your phone to download some app that you need a subscription to run
>whoops you can't use headphones with the switch and hear people in chat at the same time
>not unless you have your phone in loud speaker mode and everyone around you has to listen in on the conversation
>or you use a pair of ear buds underneath a pair of over ear headphones
>half man nigger ape Reggie with a straight face claimed this was a good idea

This is an abysmal marketing failure. They could have just told people to use skype or discord for voice chatting. They don't have a viable solution because the Switch is a rush cheap piece of shit. Low quality hardware, rushed, no real thought put into its design.

You can't be this much in denial.

>Portability is just a feature that isn't being focused on.
the ENTIRE first commercial was a normie playing in a park while his dog pooped, then Karen bringing her Switch to the cool white-people urban Millenial rooftop party.

>yfw usb c connection means it will charge off phone cables and external battery packs.

Did you not read my post? The Wiimote uses an IR sensor that detects the IR lights coming off of the sensor bar. The Switch lacks any sort of IR beacon for the joy-con to detect.

The joy-con itself is simply detecting and emitting a small amount of IR light so it can recognize nearby objects. This is a lot similar to how the Kinect works, but on a much smaller scale. It's not possible for the IR sensor to be used to control a cursor on the television because there's no way for it to know where its pointing. The gyros can do that like they do in Skyward Sword, but the IR in the joy-con can't. It doesn't work the same way the Wiimotes IR worked.

Yeah and Koizumi spent the majority of his segment talking about HD rumble and ice cubes.

>ygw 3 hour charge time
>They couldnt get fast charging because the people that made it are jews and only let smartphones using snapdragons use it

I am genuinly excited for that.
Although aparently valve did it first

underrated post

LOL kid you have no idea what you are talking about. The wiimote uses an IR camera capable of detecting the 4 brightest IR sources. You can replace the sensor bar with a candle and it still works. The joycon has an upgraded ir camera capable of more. And hmm, its almost as if a dock with leds doesnt exist.

I'm definitely interested. Seems like something cool, but I don't see it being used to its full potential and will be forgotten rather quickly. I hope it isn't.

>3 hour charge time
Wait what
The 3 hour battery life did not bother me but if it takes that long to charge i am a little concerned

stay mad you dumb little faggot

yes, you can. they even said to take a power brick with you to charge on the go because the battery life is shit.

it's a USB-C.

When you're charging it doesn't pull battery from internal power, it pulls it from the socket. If you aren't using a shit charger it will charge at the same rate as usual and still power the console if you're using it.

maybe there will be games that require u to use the touch screen?

Koizumi was my fave part of the presentation. that's a damned handsome chink, he now the best Nintendo husbando

The dock has already been confirmed to be just an empty shell with some ports for power and video. If anything the IR light would be coming from the tablet so you could play Wii games in table mode like you can on the Wii U.

I hope this continues and he's the new face like Iwata was. Kimishima just doesn't cut it.

Tons of devices support quick charging, its not exclusive to Qualcomm powered hardware, though Qualcomm does have their own proprietary quick charging standard.

You can charge a 4000mah device to 80% in 20 minutes. Only slows down in the last 10% to 20% as current steps down.

they said from 0-100% it's a 3 hour charge.
I was hoping that usb-C meant the refresh rate would be better, but then again that would mean Nintendo spends extra money on a smartcharge battery, and that's where I fucked up

You realize there are leds on everything. You are literally retarded. Having leds isnt a feature. Its generic as fuck.

Did you even watch the fucking presentation, or was your head stuck in your ass again?

That means it will go from 0-80 in under an hour. Thats how batteries work.
Id prefer nintendo play it safe and not have exploding quick charging usb c batteries

see

>Kimishima
it's said that he's a cool funny dude, but his serious face is intimidating. he looks like a hardass professor, or a mid-level Yakuza boss

The connector itself has absolutely nothing with how the battery charges.
Nintendo only has a Type C connector because they're doing HDMI over USB 3.1, and several countries have ruled out proprietary connectors.

If anything that just gives more credibility to your theory. The tablet is going to be docked anyways if you're going to use the joy-con as a wiimote. It makes more sense to put the LEDs on the tablet than the dock since they would be multi-purpose.

The Switch cannot compete and everyone knows it, it is a better step for Nintendo but it's still shit and cannot come close to Xbox One S and PS4 Pro

Youre the retard who doesnt know what an led is lol
Oh look, theres no way theres an led on the doc. Thats impossible. Having glowing lights is a feature they said it didnt have (they never said).