>tfw Sup Forums rarely talks about shenmue

>1 or 2?
>Do you think sega will release 1&2 hd?
>are yu excited for 3?

Other urls found in this thread:

whois.domaintools.com/shenmueremastered.com
youtu.be/oXOwfsnDVms
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>>Do you think sega will release 1&2 hd?

whois.domaintools.com/shenmueremastered.com

It's coming. Sega registered for the domain name.

>1 or 2?

I think both are great games I prefer 1 for the amount of detail and 2 for the amount of combat and mini games.

>Do you think sega will release 1&2 hd?
Yes but I don't think they'll do it in a timely manner. They needed to capitalize off of the Shenmue 3 news and we still don't have an official announcement.

>are yu excited for 3?

Yes, from what I've read on the Shenmue dojo it seems promising and I trust yu Suzuki.

shenmue with updated graphics, modern controls, and better voice acting would be greatly welcomed by me.

>shenmue with updated graphics

i think it just needs a resoultion bump and widescreen support. Shenmue still looks pretty good.

>modern controls
Eh, Shenmue only takes a few minutes to get used to. It's not much different from RE tank controls

>and better voice acting

I liked the VA as cheesy as it was it had that Hong Kong cinema feel.

modern controls are a given if sega decides to port them.

>are yu excited for 3?
1>>>>>>>>>>>power gap, not even close>>>Do you think sega will release 1&2 hd?
I don't care. They are both products of another time.

>are yu excited for 3?
No. It will be bad and rushed.

Serious question, is six million dollars a lot for a modern game? I mean can they comfortably design something with the scale of the first two games with that amount? I don't know jack shit about development costs, so I'm seriously worried that 3 will feel underwhelming and like it's missing something.

don't get me wrong, the game is beautiful (especially for the time), and i find the voice acting charming, but if i'm going to re buy the game it better be a new experience and not just a resolution bump.

holy shit pls be true

next the just need Yakuza 1&2 HD localized, and I can die happily.

Shenmue is "le water temple" tier now. People pretending to like the Dreamcast so that they can be special snowflakes. Real Shenmue fans know that the series live on in Yakuza which is infinitely better on every aspect.

>but if i'm going to re buy the game it better be a new experience

Shenmue is almost 17 years old m8. I'll buy it again with a res bump simply for the convenience of not having to hook up my dc everytime to play it.

This.
I just want a convenient way of playing it at 1080p and with a controller.
I never digged emulating.

please fucking off yourself

Yes and no.

Games are generally a lot more expensive to make now yet lots of expansive as hell games were made on tiny Slav budgets because lots of dev stuff is cheaper, even if overall costs are generally higher

Shampoo were ever good no matter how much you parrot this shit.

Why do you faggots always try to start this nonsense? It's the same thing with Yakuza threads were some random fag will come in and start shitposting about how "Shenmue is so much better!!!". Has it ever crossed your mind that some people like both series?

underage: the post

Please fuck off.

>real fans of the series now it sucks
You're a fucking idiot if you thought that made sense

Shut up Haruka you're a slut and a failure of a daughteru

To shitpost. Just ignore it.

>tfw no Ryo easter egg in Zero.

damn shame

Oyabun ;_;

Enter
Japan, 〒238-0041 Kanagawa Prefecture, Yokosuka, 本町2 Chome−7

into street view. Thank me later
You know people can like things without having to compare them to everything else constantly?

Shenmue combat>Yakuza combat

Shenmue world detail>Yakuza world detail

Shenmue ost>Yakuza ost

Shenmue story>Yakuza story

You can only argue over which story is better.

This is coming from a huge yakuza fan. I love both games but yakuza is a poor man's shenmue.

Tell me where you think Yakuza has surpassed shenmue (with the exception of graphics) and I'll respond.

For a place that was supposedly a huge shithole in real life, Shenmue 2 somehow managed to make Kowloon feel comfy as fuck for some reason.

HARUKA IS A SLUT! A DIRTY SLUT! ENJOY YOUR COMA YOU DIRTY SLUT!!!

GTA will always be better than Yakuza though.
So, in a way, Shenmue's true form is GTA Online.

youtu.be/oXOwfsnDVms

wew lads

>GTA will always be better than Yakuza though.
I thought you shitposters had moved on to comparing it to Sleeping Dogs now. Did you guys miss the old "it's like Japanese GTA" meme or something?

Sleeping Dogs is the Shenmue of open world games, so no.

Shenmue on the switch would be great

Who was the best girl and why was it Shenhua?

3 is great, but it's been out for a while already.

No seriously, shenmue is shit and everyone giddy that it's continuing is fucking retarded.

>Work with this older dude
>He hardly ever speaks.
>The most I can ever get him to say is "Hello" or "How are you?" when he comes in.
>Yesterday, we're working on a project together. He's strictly business. Only says the bare minimum and stays focused.
>Towards the end of the day, I see him staring out the window.
>"You like older video games, right?"
>I'm really shocked. He wants to talk about THAT? NOW?!?!
>Before I can answer him
>"Have you heard whether they've released any more info on Shenmue 3?"

I've spoken more to him in one day than I have in the three years I've worked with him. Video games broke the barrier.

Dreamcast is a pretty cool little console, hooked up with vga next to my ps3 and ps4 and games still look good to this day.
To be honest I would like them to release the Saturn prototype rather then upscaled hd port

Shenmue is too good for this shithole.

The GTA and Yakuza games have rendered Shenmue rendundant.

Did you kiss?

shenmue is nothing like yakuza or gta. Have you played it?

Nice bait, but both of them are totally different from each other.
How hard is it to understand that Shenmue is Shenmue and yakuza is yakuza?

Sad but true. I plan on going to Shenmue dojo when 3 comes out, this place is just too underage to have actually played any of these games, so all they can do is shitpost about them.

WE MADE FUG

Is Sega still alive? I haven't seen that mother fucker in years. Sad.

Go ahead and leave now, then. Shenmue was shit when it first released and I'm still mad i'm not going to get back the hours i spent playing it.

Go find a hugbox so you can fellate each other with the thought of looking for sailors.

S-Stop liking what I don't like :(((
How about you tell me what your favorite video game is so I can shit on It, little faggot?

Because Shenmue only set up the incomplete foundation for both.

>How hard is it to understand that Shenmue is Shenmue and yakuza is yakuza?
How hard is it to understand both are Sega and Sega doesn't want to compete with itself.

>that nigger who hustled all my money in 2
Fuck you barry

Was he the same one from the docks in 1?

I can understand why faggots like this game, since the MC is the gayest piece of shit I've ever seen in a game.

>hot childhood friend is leaving, throws herself at MC
>ignores her
>black guy at docks is leaving
>MC starts crying cause he'll not be able to suck that cock anymore

At least that "hugbox" actually discusses video games and isn't full of edgy teenagers just looking for attention by shitposting in threads for games they've never played before.

Oh, so... Daytona USA is the same as Virtua Fighter then because both are from Sega? What I meant is how they are different games

>everyone who doesn't like this game is an edgy teenager
kek

Damn it, he's right...

Panzer Dragoon After Burner crossover when?

>Open world
>Cinematic storytelling via lengthy cutscenes
>Combat plays a visceral and integral component to the gameplay
>Can play classic Sega games at arcade centers in-game
>Focus on seedy organizations being responsible for the unfolding events
>Both protagonists dressed in 80s duds
Give it up, Senpai.

I just want a new sega console

>shenmue
>sonic
>streets of rage
>afterburner
>yakuza
>condemned
>Daytona usa
>jsr
>nights
>panzer dragoon
>pso
>shinobi
>skies of Arcadia
>virtua fighter

>incomplete foundation

Shenmue is still one of the most detailed open world till this day.

why else would you be in a thread calling people retarded for liking a video game that you don't like?

Holy shit you're new

>>>/reddit/

>chinese revange story
>day/night system, game tries to be as real as possible
>slow Adventure type of game with orchestral and synth soundtrack

>Same as
>Heavily influenced story and characters from most popular 80/90's yakuza movies
>Closed off red light district set at night
>Fast gameplay with a lot of encounters and rock soundtrack
Dude lmao same game bcus It has Sega Arcade Games!

Put Big Boss in there

So not acting like a complete retard means I'm from reddit? Ok

>he actually believes this

Go home user, even in its current shitty state this board isn't for you.

Don't question it, you're just expected to shitpost in every single thread, even for games you haven't played. It's part of le epic board culture expecting everything to be the new TORtanic. Go to /vg/ or /vr/ if you actually want to talk about video games.

who is this board for then?

People who can recognize a piece of shit when they play it.

Why does Sup Forums have so many threads for Blizzardshit and The Witcher 3 then? Checkmate atheists.

alright, you don't like the game.Now please explain why you are still in the thread.

Because you keep replying to him.

Because pointing out the games numerous failings to its blind fanboys is enjoyable. Especially when they become super defensive.

I don't think it's blind fanboyism. I think it's more to do with shenmue threads being a rare thing on Sup Forums. Nobody here has said shenmue is a flawless game.

Was it autism?

Nah, he was /lgbt/ before it was even a thing.

No, it's called being Japanese.

I hope Shenmue is able to re-surface. Especially considering 3 is coming to PC. Hopefully Yakuza does too. I think Nagoshi needs a break though, as Kiwami and 6 were beyond bad.