So when does this game get fun?

So when does this game get fun?

As soon as you realize it is a role playing game and not a shooter with RPG elements.

when you realize the map forces you to take a path until they allow it to fork

around novac

was thinking the same thing

was boring atmosphere too

That's the thing though, the game has garbage shooting\combat in general, I wish It was more roleplaying oriented, I just hope it's like at the start and picks up after.

I just recently beat the gothic games which have clunky as fuck ass combat and I had more fun from the get go with those games than with NV.

When you mod it

You can take the way around Black Mountain without any trouble.

HA! You pussy, if you kill Cobb and take his stealth boy and have balls of adamantium, you can go straight ot new vegas from novac past sloan.

Go do it, it feels magical. The game doesn't lock you in,it just tells you "dude, there's deathclaws everywhere, shit's nasty.

*from goodsprings

mods help but if you if you don't like it, you don't like it

i've sunk 300 or so hours in it, so i'd say it's pretty gud

Never. It's complete trash, a walking simulator with lame story.

what mods then senpai? This is what i have s

Do you get a proper feel for the three factions by doing that?

Isn't the idea of ncr or legion factions being strong diminished by doing that?

Immediately. If you want a specific point, the game went from good to phenomenal to me after Beyond the Beef. Come Fly With Me is another fantastic quest. If you're zerging through the main story, you're doing it wrong.

Not really. You pick up on the power of the NCR the second you step over to the dam. That shit blew my mind, the scale of it and the sense of urgency and dominance its posession by them gave.

The Legion, you pick it up from the fear that's raging everywhere.

It's never had any effect on my experience to go straight to vegas, but then i love to explore the map and see everything, it's not like i miss out on nipton or anything

I had a tough time getting into it directly after FO3 because I hated the setting and the ugly environment.

Was a blast when I tried again a year later.

as simplistic as it is, I feel the idea of house as a third way is most evident by house being the third faction you meet

Fallout Character Overall and New Vegas Redesigned are must-haves. Flora overall, Nevada Skies, Ceasars New Regime, NCR Trooper Overall and many others

The rule is mod it till it crashes

>He fell for the NV is good meme

NV is awesome because neither 3 or 4 got guns right

NV has good gun diversity with interesting mods (mostly)

I wish there was a fallout game on 4's engine like NV FUCK

Sexout

>2 female companions in main game
>one is a cutey who turns out to be a lesbo
>the other one cucks you in the end if you side with her favourite faction

would purge the mojave by siding with caesar again and again/10

that's what you get for not wanting to be my waifu.

there are no must haves other than bug fixes

definitely do not listen to this poster, FCO, the newest NVR, Nevada Skies, and Caesars New Regime are all shit tier mods

At least it's not 3 or 4.

That's because you basically played two games in a row that feel very samey gameplay wise.
No wonder you got your fill by the end of F3, especially if you're anal about doing sidequests and shit.

>NCR Trooper Overall
NCR Ultimate Overhall is the way to go.

Why? I really like them. FCO and NVR make the NPCs and some questlines way more realistic and enjoyable.

Isn't it the same thing? I don't play this anymore and I can't remeber the mods name

Dude xd
You can imagine you're a cowboy, what more do you want xddd
Also ammo crafting

Ultimate only came out last year, but I'm pretty sure it's made by the same people.