twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nothing.

No fashionsouls
Shit game in general

Shity PvP

>let's make invasions a pain outside the gimmick covenants

This is the Star Wars VII: The Force Awakens of video games

Literally everything.

But that's true for every single one of From's creations. All of which are essentially the same dull clunky shit game.

Seen it all before

Lack of creativity and poise

Water-downed combat, bad DLC, poor build variation and obnoxious fanservice

it just felt hollow ;)

>No fashion souls
This is the best souls game to customize your character.

If you hate them so much, why do you play them?

>imblynig Rosaria's or Makers have a difficult time invading vs Darkmoons getting summoned
Yeah, nah, fuck off

You weren't a blowjob.

that's exaclty what it is: no creativity and nostalgia

this

Just wait till Matthewmatosis makes a video btfoing DaS3. No one on Sup Forums realized DaS2 was bad until Matthew had to point it out.

PvP in Dark Souls has always been shitty (except DS II, that is at least acceptable).
Remeber the Giant Dads and Havel mages?

>giantdads
That shit was awesome though?

I didn't like how much it referenced DS1. Apart from that, it was pretty good.

On first playthrough I was thoroughly disappointed. But since recently replaying it and going through the DLC I have to say my opinion has changed. It is an amazing game that gets a bad wrap because it wasn't the second coming of Jesus Christ like DaS 1 fags thought it would be.

It's lore and attention to detail is phenomenal, while also retaining and conveying it's own new stories. The bosses are some of the best in the series by far and it has the best boss weapons.

While it does suffer in its NPCs quality and it's mostly bland grey/brown aesthetic, it's still very good. People need to appreciate it for what it actually is, and not what they wanted it to be.

The geography is all messed up. Three legendary cities (Lothric, Irithyll (which is also Anor Londo) and the Profaned Capital) are all within spitting distance of each other. What made DS1 great was it felt like you were exploring this huge ancient city layer by layer. DS3 was just going from place to place.

Besides that nothing else really.

>No real freedom to choose hair color so a lot of hair colors end up just being brownish
>Game's armor mechanics make not wearing any armor (regardless of quality of the armor) in a slot very suboptimal due to lost damage reduction
>Heavy armor is shit because it's inefficient for its weight
>The modelling is very lazy with helmets being the worst and most obvious examples as many of them introduce helmets being modelled shut, visibly blocky black voids or slabs of low res iron on the inside of the helmet where a face should be.

Just when you're the dad, bcuz when you try pvp seriously and every single person in the fucking game uses a zweihander and havel it gets sooo annoying

It's a fine send-off for the series. I just hope it ends here.

Weapon arts weren't as cool as they could have been, and the weapon variety is pretty samey

They're all together because wibbley wobbley timey wimey is starting to have an effect on space as well, and anyway they all need to be in one place for the coming age of the deep.

literally who

Where is this ever stated or alluded to?

Waiting forever for DLC to complete the game

In the LORE

Even with all it's flaws it's still more enjoyable game than ds2

it doesn't matter if your armor is shitty as long as it looks good... Many sets in the game are fuckin' awesome; they have new ones and the ones from the other games and they look way better in the new engine. Face and body still shit tho but i don't care as long as im wearing a helm

So which item than?

My major peeves:

NPC quests were too easy to fuck up.

Matchmakng based on weapon reinforcement lead to fewer connections in general.

Game never really branches as much as one would hope. It's almost always two paths with the key to the third path hidden behind the first or second. Playthroughs really feel the same not matter what progression extremes I impose on myself. From the star of DaS2 and DaS1 there are at least 5 different bosses you can go kill. In DaS3 it's 2.

I'm going to be so pissed off if they don't add the Wanderer set in the next DLC

Agreed. Watching some VaatiVydia lore videos you can truly see how much detail has gone into the world.

>DaS2
>Poise is practically worthless, get stunlocked to death by constant rapiers and running stabs
>Parrying is so fucked that you can't parry those run-stab cunts

Were you not reading the rest of my post?
Helms are plagued by shit models.

The actual improvement of the models from previous games is marginal at best.

Linear
Not interconnected
Lazy modelwork
Lazy and obviously overlooked issues, like Greirat stocking the wrong items or Taurus demon dropping the wrong loot the first time around or dogs teleporting
Shit magic
Not being able to be invaded after completing an area
Bad invasions
Shit infusions
Sidequest progression that ended up being strictly regimented if you wanted to get all the items and gestures, especially with invading phantoms
Fucked stamina management
Weak covenants

I really like weapon arts. The dancer sword for example is amazing

>they look way better in the new engine
Yeah nah

I think there is a secret NPC. You got to use the white branch and transform and have all the characters be dead so you can talk to the one skeleton cage guy.

They could improve on the covenants a bit, namely how lackluster the rewards are and how little investment they require.
Aside from that though, I like it a lot and there's nothing you can do to stop me!

You can replace DS2 in that post with DS3 and nobody would know the difference

It will, Myiazaki is probably working on Bloodborne II and this was the las Dark Souls game.

It was pretty good.

I liked how the weapons weren't all terrible like in DS2 where you would constantly miss enemies if you locked onto them. Try killing a crystal lizard while locked on in DS2. Pretty stupid shit.

couch PVP cough

In the opening cinematic, the voice over says that Lothric is where "all the lands of the Lords of Cinder converge", implying that time-space as melded together. It's kind of a cheap scapegoat when it comes to the lore, but it lets them get away with a lot of stuff that normally wouldn't make sense.

Rewatch the intro
"where the transitory lands of the Lords of Cinder converge"
Where the game takes place is smack dab in the middle of fucking everything.
Whether the locations are actually being pulled closer to one another by some force is speculation shit.
The area around the Kiln of the First Flame pretty strongly alludes to it, with entire castles/towns being pulled over cliffs and into the crater where the Kiln is

Literally the opening cutscene

Lothric
"Where the transitory lands of the Lords of Cinder converge"

muh convoluted flow of time was only acceptable when they used it to bullshit up a quick lore reason for pvp/coop and new game +. The moment they expanded it to the actual lore was when shit got retarded.

Too many of them were recycled, and a lot weren't really that useful. Some of them were good and it added some nice variety to the combat but it still felt pretty half-baked compared to BB's trick weapons.

having game mechanics and lore working together is a lot better than "well that's just how video games work" bullshit

You also see how it all ends after exsiting the last hub, where everything is converged and fucked up.

Kek hivemind

youtube.com/watch?v=BIi-zuwP9ms

By the looks of it he's making Armoured core

They should have made Grand Archives accessible right from the start.
Also shitty bland linear world, no interconnectivity.

Thanks for letting me know, Sup Forums, I was going to play DaS III soon since I love Dark Souls but I wouldn't enjoy it after finding out Sup Forums doesn't like it.

Agreed, but BB don't have as many weapons as DS III.

I would honestly have rather they gave a bullshit excuse if "time is convoluted" was going to become such a tumor on the plot.

They tried to recreate Bloodborne by making lots of fast enemies swarm you at once but your character was not nearly as fast as the hunter in BB so it ended up being shit.

Dark Souls 2 players
>WOAH, COMBAT IS MUCH FASTER NOW
>SO MUCH CHOICE WITH WEAPONS

Bloodborne players
>WOAH, I CAN'T MOVE FOR SHIT NOW
>NONE OF THESE WEAPONS ARE GOOD

Play it
Its not so good but it still enjoyable

All magic sucks

It was basically just parry attacks from DaS2 but they use up spell casts now.
Also no more 2H parries unless the WA is a parry because that's the slot they fill.

True, but each one felt more unique, there wasn't nearly as much recycling in terms of looks and movesets.

>it's mostly invasionfags that hate ds3

holy shit

buying it now

>So much choice with weapons when DaS2 had far more weapon choice

DaS3 is almost more copypasted and doesn't have powerstance or good offhand weapons

enjoy irithyll :^)

Shit dragon form, no covenant, and no other transformations after the really cool ones in Bloodborne is the the only thing I'd say they got horribly wrong

There are a lot of small to medium sized flaws with the game, but none are as much of a dropped ball as that, at least to me.

i have just burned out

>let's make twinking the only viable way to invade
>oh let's also make every boss strong fast and have giant hitboxes so only over levelling cucks could ever win

Git gud

but that set is so ugly. even in das1. the black leather set is god tier though for light armour (in looks and functionality).

>trying to beat pontiff at level 20
>he one shots me
>my attacks barely show up on his health bar

Poise

excuse me while I face tank ruin sentinels like a boss. poise is a live and well in das2. you're just bad at mastering tank builds.

>Never get invaded because I never have any phantoms with me

In my NG+2 playthrough I only got invaded twice, and one of those was after Pontiff where you expect to get invaded.
I just want people to try and come try to kill me without having to constantly pop Dried Finger, is that so much to ask?

Double handing a dagger hits for 91 poise. Tell me again how that's working

Its alright

but that wont stagger me trust me. I hope you one day come up against me in fully upgraded ironclad armor (turtle armor), ring of giants +1, ring of blades +1, chloranthy +1, steel ring +1, havel's greatshield, and a +5 demon's great hammer. I smash everything in my path.

I thought 2 set up some interesting lore after the dlcs
>manus was literally just some random dude with an average slice of humanity but when it mutated it created an entire dimension growing cancerously on the world
>even after he was defeated it spread, and the fragments of his soul were still powerful enough to destroy entire kingdoms
>the witch of izalith fucked up so hard by tampering with the first flame that izalith went from a smouldering ruin to another cancerously spreading dimension of pure chaos
>the first flame is dwindling, the hollow curse spreads more each time it's kindled
>hollowing can be permanently staved off, but it requires doing horrible things like what aldia had to do to himself to save himself and vendrick; this may also be a way to stave off the death of the first flame for good, at even worse cost

But basically all of this was ignored or retconned in favor of yet another "muh cycle, this time the first flame is snuffed for good, we swear"

Resins give a flat damage buff regardless of level. Raw infusion requires no level investment. You can literally parry this guy. Git fucking gud

>absolutely awful PvP and covenants
>multiplayer in general was half baked at release, probably still is
>clear lack of original ideas in the story.the entire game feels like the second half of pokemon gold.
>"remember all this stuff you liked in the previous games? here it is again for whatever reason"
>they cant even pick a game to repeat and stick to it,i mean its clearly mostly dark souls 1, but theres also obvious tower of latria and archdragon peak inspired areas
>mechanics are the worst in the series, no poise, steps backwards in dual wielding, build variety, magic/faith/pyro arent even worth using especially in PvE. no single player covenants, the multiplayer ones dont or didnt work when i was playing it

the plot and setting are derivative of souls games, the combat and the way certain stats and derived stats affect combat is derivative of souls and BB

its a shameless cash in/rehash of every previous From game without recognizing any of the previous games' faults or things that should have been carried/omitted

or baneful bird ring in place of the steel ring +1 for full turtle mode.

>they have new ones and the ones from the other games and they look way better in the new engine

most of the helmets from the previous games that had eye holes or slits in them, such as creightons steel mask, dont have holes any more, the place where the eye hole should be is just filled in with a shitty muddy texture

Scholar had best fashion

>the entire game feels like the second half of pokemon gold.

10/10 analogy

I only disagree with mechanics, I liked how that went but rest is spot on

Nothing but, everything is so overbalanced so that you're always better of using a strait sword and a halberd, even in pve.

Other weapons just don't have enough damage or stagger to be worth the more punishing stamina use.

I get it that it's so you can't cheese though the game or grab a strong weapon or spell and use it at a low level.... but then that makes starting as a knight and using his equipment the way to cheese through the game and a basic sword and board is the cheap way to pvp.

It's a great game thing imo but it should have been pve re-playability first and pvp nerfing way down on the priorities since you can just play offline if you don't like how invaders are playing.

only invasions, summoning people who want to fight is fine.

>tfw STILL no areas accomplish an atmosphere like ash lake
>all ash lake did was slap some background music over an interesting skybox

That was something 3 was lacking in general, interesting locations. I mean, slowly realizing that you were in anor londo in irithyll was alright, but what the fuck did we get with the rest? hollow infested shitholes, more than one bland "big lordly castle", more than one swamp, shit. People rag on 2 for being bland and high fantasy, but at least some of those locations did something new for the series. The only thing I can say that about in this game was the untended graves.

>10 more damage by going raw on +2
>do two slivers of health with parry instead of just one
>wasting souls on resin that will give another 10 damage boost
maybe you are underestimating how weak I am. Probably beat pontiff at level 40 and thinks he wasn't overleveled

>This is the best souls game to customize your character.
But it really isn't, most sets don't work with other pieces. You get plenty of seams and clipping in most instances, on top of other problems. Previous games done it way better.

archdragon keep was cute, but if they added some good npc's that area could have been amazing.

dude, parry him or just play carefully, he like the rest of game is beatable sl1

maybe you are underleveled? if the normal enemies in irrythill aren't suppoused to one shot you.

irrythil is when a lot of people, including me, realized they are underleveled.

Sup Forums

Try putting on Symbol of Avarice, shield of want, and Silver Serpent Ring every time you killed a boss. It will help compensate for you being shit.

If you fuck with the RGB sliders you can get almost any hair colour. The default ones do look very brown though.

boring af

this. and please, there is no such thing as being underleveled in any dark souls game

just learn to dodge ffs

the game just lost its magic.
I know they want a faster paced combat but I roll roll roll without Bloodborne combat system is just lame.
it's still a good game. I never want to replay it but every time I happen to out of boredom I don't hate it.

It stood out because it was bright and had that windy effect, which made it stand out against the gloomy, claustrophobic rest of the game, but it wasn't special otherwise. Dragon Aerie did the same thing.