Month almost over

>month almost over
>DLC character still not out

I fucking hate capcom so much.

>waiting for on disk DLC

You're fucking retarded. Fuck off from my thread and never come back.

>January 18
>month almost over

I don't understand. You already willingly paid for silhouettes. Just stay hype and don't forget to rise up!!!

Do we know what other characters are coming out from this DLC? I bought this shit ages ago but I'm not playing until Makoto comes out.

Yeah, fucking Capcom. I'm tired of waiting for Ingrid!

I bought the deluxe edition during the steam winter sale for like 40 bucks

I don't even know who's coming out, and I don't really care.. I'm having fun with Ken, Ryu, akuma and bison

All completely new, donut steel OCs.

>Buying an unfinished game

They never said that they will release characters monthly this time, user.

tbf more of the month past than there is left so technically he aint wrong

Are any of the new characters unsuitable for new players? I have my eyes on yuri and balrog but have no idea how they play.

Fuck sake I'd pay $10 just for Makoto.

Neither of those are new characters

Just use Laura

Did they say that the characters are coming every month again?

They just said they would ANNOUNCE it at the end of this month,op is just frustrated.

Balrog is one of the easiest characters to learn if you're fine with charge inputs. Juri has one of the steeper learning curves of the cast but is easier than she was in sf4.

thanks

Probably the other best beginner characters are Ryu, Guile, Cammy, and Birdie.

So how's Nash this season?Also any tips for him?

For a game with "free unlocks" I've spent like $100 in DLC.

hes gonna be placed in the lower end of the tier lists. its so bad infiltration is gonna switch to juri or ibuki

He's bottom 3 pretty much.

This pose is cool as fuck

That makes you a retard

This is on top of the premium price I paid for the game itself.

That makes you a double retard

I learned basics with ryu and switched to necalli

Iv spent the initial 45$ on Greanman gaming .
And unlocked pretty much all the stages and characters and a bucnh of costumes by using trainers intelligently in survival.

Although if you just want characters you wont need a trainer.
Characters refund between 30k to 60k Fm from clearing there sp content depending on how good or persistent you are.
Although even a scrub can get 30k fm back in less than 1 hour.

I hope you're wrong, every new character capcom makes since third strike is completely garbage.

since when laura does karate

Let's see...

SF5 Limited Edition - $100
Season Pass - $30
Capcom ProTour DLC - $25
Character Pass 2017 - $30
Various standalone DLC - $20

Altogether $205.

Making Cammy clones takes time.

Why doesn't they just fucking release Ultra Third Strike or some bullshit like that instead of fucking Ultra SF 2? I mean, god fucking damnit, Third Strike is the best SF game out there and Capcom loves to pretend that it's not a massive success.

Did they? Must have missed that.

Not that new DLC characters can save this mess.

>5 characters to go in the FUCKING 2017 SEASON PASS

If you think that you're getting a character a month, you are a moron.

It's Juri. The only character your shouldn't play if you're new to fighting games is Dhalsim.

>he thinks capcom won't sell multiple season passes a year
lmao

More like 120 $ bitch
Why would you buy the limited edition and the Capcom Pro tour?

You sound like a spoilt pathetic little child. Pitiful.

That's because it isn't. It almost killed fighting games, the 3 series ushered in the dark age of fighting games.

Why do you say that?

Multiple season passes made out of reused assets from story mode. People would sure love Abel, Decapre, Azam, Ed, and 4 other dolls.
I admit I would love Azam

What do you mean why do I say that? The game was a commerical failure, arcades started dying and it was nowhere near as popular as the games before it like 2 and alpha and it was nowhere near as popular as 4 and 5. It's a cult classic at best and that's only because it gets dick-rided by idiots who don't have even the slightest bit of a clue about fighting games who watch evo moment 37 and thinks it's the greatest fighting game of all time when they've put less than 10 hours into it themselves.

I dunno, man, the sprite work is gorgeous and the game is really fun to play. I'm just not sure if parry like the ones in third strike is a good or a bad thing to put on fighting games.

You're right, you don't know. My main point was that 3s was never a massive success like you said by any objective metric.

EU LOBBY WHERE?

You sound like a brain damaged retard.
>hurr how can people even expect to get anything in a game they paid for

Go fuck yourself.

>January 18th
>expecting a character
You dumb sack of shit. You must be terrible at noticing patterns

The dark age happened because so many fucking games were coming out not because SF3 was bad lol

"oh, Capcom fucked up the hype? Common, they won't be stupid enough to do it again"

Every single time.

I wouldn't be surprised if 3S ended up on the ps4.

SF3 being bad was one of a fair few reasons the dark age happened.

What the fuck even is this "dark age" you guys are talking about? Is it some time period of shitty fighting games all around?

This is funny.
>Capcom shits out SFV
WHOA WHAT THE FUCK DUDE YOU GUYS SHOULD HAVE TOOK YOUR TIME NOW THE GAME IS FUCKED
>Capcom takes time with post-release content
GUYS WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TRYING TO GET ME TO SELL THE GAME? PUT STUFF OUT RIGHT NOW

>capcom promises to improve communication after shit hit the fan last year
>continues to drip feed content and says nothing for months in between

2D fighting games mostly dwindled around where SF3 popped up and didn't draw people in.

Didn't affect 3D ones at all and they sort of got into their groove around that point.

Not shitty fighting games necessarily, it was just the periods from when arcades died super hard but before SF4 came out.

A mixture of shitty fighting games and nothing releasing that was worth a damn. Likewise arcades died completely in the west and it wasn't until SFIV that the genre was revitalized.

>hakan
>abel
>garbage

lol

Also the genre at that point was just getting absolutely flooded. At that point, why bother playing any of them when they were probably going to get an even better version half a year later. The many iterations of SF2 are actually mostly to blame for this. SF3 is looked back fondly now because it ended up ONLY getting 3 versions that actually significantly improved on the previous.

Are we talking design or how effective the character is?

Abel is kind of a boring design but he plays well
Hakan is surreal but he plays awful

Abel is interesting enough in terms of playstyle, but as a character in terms of personality and aesthetic he is quite possibly the most dull and boring character in the entire series. Not him by the way.

design

i think hakan is funny to play, i'd love to see him again

were you even around for the first wave of dlc?
one of the characters came out a month after he was suppose to so why even be surprised about this

Hakan was pretty funny
Shame he was so awful though, never was allowed to catch on because of it.

that's if you want that shit and if you actually play the game you can just unlock the characters with fight money, that's what i did

>tfw Hakan has a lot of potential through the v-system but we'll never see him again because people are more interested in Ingrid and Q

>Go online
>Every fucking dickhead is using Guile
>Every Match plays the same

>Inch forward defensively backing Guile against the corner while blocking a gajillion sonic booms

>Pressure Guile
>Pray he doesn't just flash kick randomly.

Guile is cancer.

He was a retarded gimmick character anyway. Basically a joke character.

yeah we'll prolly never see him again, im hoping for at least 3 or 2 sfiv characters but its clear sf3 and sfa characters are more popular

First DLC character is going to be Helen.

If ou really expected them to release a character each month then you're deluded.

Remember when that one shitposter spread the rumor that Karin was owned by the author of 'Sakura Ganbatte!' and she'd never EVER have a chance to show up in another Street Fighter game?

Feels just like it was yesterday when people were arguing left and right that if UDON had rights to her likeness then Capcom owned her.

Not like El Fuerte. Still pretty technical with some goofiness. IV just wasn't a system that fit him.
As far as IV goes, we'll probably get Abel and Viper before anyone, which is pretty boring. Would rather see Hakan and a Rufus on weight watchers a la slim bob.

You know flash kick isn't invincible unless he spends meter, right? Maybe don't leave mile-wide holes in your pressure or learn to meaty properly.

What I hate about Guile is that it feels like his hurtboxes retract everytime he does something. Shit is insane. I don't even trade with his buttons.

>play the same character over and over
>don't learn anything
>complain about it later
Set the CPU to some combos and go into training. Figure out what your issue is and fix it.

>I fucking hate capcom so much.

^Kinda guy who thrives on being abused in relationships. You'll be back.

As a new player, how do I deal with Kens getting all up in my face?

Don't let him in.

"""January"""

Tatsu from the other side of the planet. now what?

If it's an air tatsu anti-air it. If it's a ground tatsu just block and punish.

Oh. didn't know you can AA air tatsu because of the extended legs. Neat.

Who do you play?

>giving a fuck about DLC characters when all the season 1 DLC's were either useless or obnoxious/broken and there will be no more legacy characters
Dead game.

I was talking about what I spent.

I've never taken the casual way out (I snub shit like time saver DLC) but for SF5...I don't know, it just captured my attention.

>1 fucking year after release
>game is still early access garbage
You can only blame yourself for buying that crap.

there is no fix, retarded silverfag. stop posting

You're not going to see any of them again, at least not in V

They said all DLC characters from here on in are newcomers.

No Makoto? No Dudley? No Fei? No buy.

>Game is still early access

What are you even talking about?

Guile has stubby ass buttons in this game. Are you playing Mika or something?

>They said all DLC characters from here on in are newcomers.

No, they didn't. They said the next 5 characters, which are considered season 2 characters, are newcomers.

He probably played it once when it released early for the tourney scene and never picked it up again.

That or he's in buttfuck, Egypt and the rollback netcode means he can't play online because his connection is 10 tons of shit and there's no 5-second-delay to stabilize it.

It is pretty retarded that they put out a full rebalance as if they were putting out Super SFV. They fucked up their own model and without the allure of a bunch of new characters all at once there's no point in launching a rebalance. Fix your shit as you go.

So the confirmed ones so far are Ed and Rashid's butler right.

None confirmed, None of the characters look like either of them though. One looks like it could possibly be Azam, one looks really like it has to be Helen.

>he thinks SFV will last long enough for a season 3
They're already at less than a sixth of their playerbase and that's with the (tiny) bump from Akuma's release.

SFV had a couple of good ideas that they should absolutely bring to the next game (larger link windows, crush counters) but in terms of character variety and balance it's a shitshow.

>hey is the new fighter gonna be this guy we know dick about!?
>no I bet it'll be this guy we know dick about!
Who cares?