It makes sense not to bundle 1 2 switch with the switch wii sports was viable as a singleplayer game 1 2 switch looks...

It makes sense not to bundle 1 2 switch with the switch wii sports was viable as a singleplayer game 1 2 switch looks like it will be pretty much entirely multiplayer.

That said they should have bundled it with fucking something

Pic related is single player though. There's probably other single player content though, and there's nothing that looks like it has to be multiplayer except maybe the sword catching game.
It doesn't look like a good game though.

It would be a $350 bundle that no one would buy. This way they make $360 off people who want it and still make $300 off the people who don't.

Hm maybe your right
I do think some of the games should be fun at least.
The fastdraw one will be fun for like 3 minutes

I played the shit out of this at the reveal event, ask me anything

Did you enjoy it?

It was easily the most fun thing at the event, and I played almost every game they showcased.

It was a riot with my friends.

Does HD Rumble add anything special?

It's actually absurd how realistic it feels

One of the 1 2 Switch demos has you hold the controller between your index and thumb and tilt it around pretending it's a small box with some ball bearings in it. You can feel them roll along the base of the controller, hit the side, bounce off of eachother, just like it was actually right there in your hand.

Now sure that's good in theory and it impressed me but as far as actual gameplay I'd say the best example I saw was Breath of the Wild where just doing actions had it rumbling in my hand. But I noticed, it was the first thing I noticed as I tried to rush my way out of the demo area to explore was how the controllers Rumble felt weird, not as kinda just flat like your average controller. It rumbles in specific spots all over the joycon, it's weird.

It was realistic and "HD" enough to get me to instantly notice it, of all the gimmicks in the joycon I'd rate that one as the most impressive.

I wish it was an accepted practice to pick out a free game of your own choosing when you're buying a new console. No need to rely on game bundles you probably don't even want.

Did all the showcased games make use of it?

The cow milking one relies on feeling the rumble in your hands as your feedback because all the games are about maintaining eye contact. Mario Kart was great with it because it rumbled as you drifted and shit, kinda actually helped my immersion, I was proper fuckin tryharding that shit and ended up coming 3rd, my friends came 4th and 5th

Splatoon was pretty obvious: gun shoots, you feel rumbles. Most of the third party games were showcased with the pro controller so I didn't notice anything special.

Don't the pro controllers have HD Rumble too?

>It's actually absurd how realistic it feels
Oh look, another drone, like clockwork.
These damage control threads are getting fucking ridiculous. Give it a rest already.

You're right. I didn't try it and I hated it! It's shit and DOA.

Damn I want this now.
Fuck you nintendo.

Is this part of the basic package?

No. It's a $50 game.

Calm down.

I'm not sure on that one, I'm gonna have to assume not.

Try it for yourself buddy, I'm not a Nintendrone by any means but I'm optimistic of course because I was invited to this event personally so of course I feel buttered up. Obviously that just means take what I say with a grain of salt.

I have plenty of bad things to say about the Switch too, you know.

>I have plenty of bad things to say about the Switch too, you know.
Say em

Because they're not marketing to the ultra casual crowd until Christmas. Until then gaming enthusiasts will be their primary target who see no value in this game. Expect to see it bundled in the holidays.

Alright, I'll try and keep it broad

Joycons without the grip attachments feel horrible and jagged, probably why they didn't give me any real opportunities to try it. I bumped into a cosplay friend working one of the 1 2 Switch stands and had them pull a few strings near the end of the day.

It still feels too expensive, I know it shouldn't considering what you get but the games definitely feel overpriced to fuck. £60 base for any launch title that isn't a triple A Nintendo title is absurd.

Everything is small, playing in tablet kickstand mode is something nobody will ever do. Every demo that showcased it that way had people leaning in and squinting. Uncomfy as fuck.

Splatoon 2 felt literally no different from 1.

I can deal with 30fps but I had drops from that in the opening area of BotW, not a good sign. I was told it's the E3 demo and not optimized like the release version. I believe it runs on solid 30fps but that's still not particularly fantastic. I feel like BotW is too ambitious for the hardware they have.

I appreciate the staggered releases because I'm poor as sin, but after Splatoon 2 there's a very big gap in the year where no games are releasing. A bit concerned about that one.

Arms felt uninspired and empty, fun but I hope the finished product just has "more"

B-b-but you're a drone ...

>not marketing to the ultra casual crowd until Christmas
>Until then gaming enthusiasts will be their primary target
So how are they exactly doing that? The actual games that aren't ports aren't coming out until Christmas if you aren't into Splatoon, and 1, 2 Switch is the type of game Nintendo would make for the casual crowd, which is releasing at launch. Everything you said seems backwards to me, there's no Wii Sports genre thing releasing in the last quarter of this year.

I am not suprised to hear the joycons feel off without the grip
Little disapointed to hear that about arms but i am excited by what you said about the rumble.

Rumble adds another layer of depth that feels like it shouldn't have been there since the Wii, it's great. You punch in Arms, it rumbles when you hit, it smoothly vibrates as your hand flies through the air. Very natural.

The Joycon does everything right and I'm happy paying for the abundance of features. I just hope that other devs use them.

Because enthuiasts are more likely to invest in the product thinking it will get more games in the future. Casuals don't look at release dates.

I'm kind of worried ARMS is going to end up being a small game they bundle together with a joycon pair like they did with Wii Play.

If anybody is wondering why it's releasing now instead of later when the games are ready here's your answer: Investors

Nintendo have done literally nothing of worth for 2 years, besides Pokemon last year was literally empty. Don't think the people who fund this shit would be happy if Switch wasn't out the door the moment it was ready.

That'd guarantee a sale from me, though

That's my worry too. Between me and my housemate though we're gonna grab every decent title available because he's social head at our Universities Gaming society so demo-ing all these social type games seems like a dream come true

right now the socials just turn into "everyone plays smash because it's all we have"

From what I played Arms feels a lot like Mario Kart but with boxing, you pick from the roster, pick an arena and then whack eachother for 2-3 bouts of first to 2 knockouts.

You know it'd be a $100 bundle though, right?