I can't wait for news to come out that the dock scratches the screen

I can't wait for news to come out that the dock scratches the screen.

I can't fucking wait to see an image of a joy con getting stuck in a slot

And the cartridge falling out of the slot, like the 3DS

I've actually yet to see HOW the joycons slide off, are they always in a state of release?

Every bit of video you see of them the person just places it in the dock and then the controllers just slide right off with no extra help.

Surely that wouldn't happen if say someone was just holding the thing normally and happened to jolt it slightly and the screen slides down to the floor?

>there's probably going to be numerous people complaining about the screen sliding off because itd slots will become too loose like the whore it is

They click into place. Behind the ZL and ZR buttons are small release buttons that allow you to remove the joycon

Autist doesn't know that rubber exists

rubber didn't stop the 3ds from scratching itself

There was no rubber there to begin with.

And if you actually used your fucking eyes you could see what the inside of the dock

All 3DS models had those shitty rubbers to protect the screen from scratching.
And guess what? The screen scratched anyway.
That's why I will wait to buy a Switch, I know the damn console will have some sort of design error that they will fix in the next revision.

For some reason, this still feels like a shitshow waiting to happen

show me the rubber inside the dock with your special eyes, fampai~

I'm not seeing any rubber

Apparently this is the rubber.

but then what's the lighter gray part

What would be really, really funny is if the Switch was so fucking cheap that its panel was topped with soda lime glass instead of a high quality scratch resistant product like Gorilla Glass.

The dock probably does have some rub strip inside of the dock since its a low precision injection molded plastic part. The thing is basically an entirely empty plastic shell housing a laughably tiny USB hub.

>im so frustrated at my life that my dick gets hard at news of shit going wrong

fixed your post for ya, kiddo.

wtf why is there a dock anyway? To make the westerners not start their autistic screeching at the idea of handheld?

>not liking the drama
>not enjoying schadenfreude

Plastic. Seems like the rubber or whatever is supposed to help you guide it in so it connects with the USB-C plug.

I sort of wonder how precisely measured the dock is and if things like a case or even a glass screen protector would get in the way?

Nintendo needed a marketable gimmick, and they needed to hide the fact that the console is too weak to render two screens at a time. Thats why the dock has a superfluous plastic wall that obscures the screen.
Every fanboy on the internet has already been duped by this. They could have had a neat little minimalist dock like pic related, but then everyone would be asking why they were staring at a black screen while gaming on their TV. The screen is there, so why not use it?

The whole reason for the dock is a farce.
The hardware is too weak, so they just hide the screen.
The portable device only has 32GB of built in storage, and games still need updates to be installed.
Breath of the Wild apparently takes up 15GB on the device. So you can have 1 or 2 games installed on your Switch at a time.
You'll need to storage games on an SD card, which are unreliable and have limited write capacity, or you'll need to store them on an external hard drive.
That means you'll only be playing certain games while docked unless you move them to the built in storage, uninstalling something else.

Nintendo developed low latency screen mirroring used in the WiiU. They could have built that into an HDMI dongle and allowed you to wirelessly connect to any TV, no wires necessary. They didn't because fuck you.
Nintendo could have chosen to use a 128GB or even 256GB UFS package instead of shit quality 32GB eMMC. They didn't because fuck you.
Nintendo could have built in a wireless inductive quick charge battery. They didn't because fuck you.

They made an incredibly cheap system, with loads of incredibly cheap plastic accessories, because they want extremely high margins. They didn't even remotely try to produce a quality product.

>Breath of the Wild apparently takes up 15GB on the device. So you can have 1 or 2 games installed on your Switch at a time.
thats not how it works, user...

The device only has 25GB available for use.
As a digital download Breath of the Wild takes 13.4GB, not including any save files, or patches and updates.
Patches and updates will take internal storage space regardless of whether or not you have the physical cartridge or not.

Wait, you can't swap the built in storage for a larger one?

>You'll need to storage games on an SD card, which are unreliable and have limited write capacity

Now that you mention it; my 64gb Class 10 MicroSD sticks all die in about a year or so and they all become unwriteable and locked.

>Wait, you can't swap the built in storage for a larger one?

Its eMMC soldered onto the board, just like any other smartphone or tablet.

>what are cartridges

>Patches and updates will take internal storage space regardless of whether or not you have the physical cartridge or not.

You dont swap it, theres a microsd slot under the kickstand for up to 256 gig cards

>what are 256 gig sd cards that you yourself mentioned already

Oh no i bought a shitty one that stopped working after a year, guess ill get another and reinstall my update

Why though? What's made you that vindictive, just arguing on here?

>buying multiple expendable SD cards because Nintendo cheaped out on shit tier eMMC instead of equipping their Foxconn manufactured Chink tablet with higher capacity UFS.

This is a shitty solution and you know it. SD cards burn out in phones just from having music written to and read from them. A dedicated gaming device relying on them is pathetic.

I guess he wasn't in on the joke that everyone here is merely pretending

>the switch is just another Nintendo machine xd
>I will buy to play my Ninendos and i'm buyin a real console for the real gamz

This company has the worst most autistic fans right after Sony