Found a dirt cheap physical copy of this for pc, looked very interesting

Found a dirt cheap physical copy of this for pc, looked very interesting.
Any pro tips and tricks before diving in?

>hey guys, I just bought a taco
>the taco is right here in front of me
>I'm about to eat the taco
>but first, what do you all think about tacos?
>what can I expect from this taco?

It's Far Cry combined with Mirrors Edge, there's not much to it.
Fun game tho.

Dont expect to play it for long.

Don't listen to this guy. Most dum-dums dismiss Dying Light as a Ubisoft-lite game.
It has more in common with a Looking Glass game than a Ubisoft game.

There's a lot of systems at work and various ways to interact with the world. It's worth a try and is a long game.
Lots of good side-quests and challenges in the open world for you to try out.

Expect a really repetitive soundtrack.

It's actually one of the best zombie games out there I find.

Don't let random faggots join because they'll most likely be max level and fuck up your experience by 1-shotting everything and dropping you overpowered weapons. But do it if you want Ez mode

Shitty story but decent gameplay.

you should play the enhanced edition, it's run better

Also featuring a literal QTE as final boss.

Add me on steam (if you are from the americas)

sent ;)

Start on the hardest difficulty and don't let players join

yeah i really hate when stories try to pull the "YOU'RE JUST DOING WHAT THEY'RE TELLING YOU TO DO" shtick, when the only way to progress through the game is to do what they tell you to do.

user don't EVER UNLOCK THE GRAPPLING HOOK POWER

IT RUINS THE FUCKING GAME.

one of the better open world zombie games. a whole lot of fun and loaded with atmosphere and night time is genuinely frightening when playing on higher difficulty. One of the few AAA games that I justified at its launch price.

i'm not sure if i'd suggest playing on the hardest difficulty, zombies become almost tediously hard to kill and it sort of ruins the fun, especially when you don't have the stomp execute ability.

>turning the game into first-person spider man ruins the game

>good side quests
>go fetch this item and bring it back to me!

>night time is genuinely frightening
At first, maybe. Then you craft yourself a 5k damage kitchen knife and steamroll everything.

>completely removes all challenge
>removes route planning
>removes momentum
>destroys all tension since you can go web go the fuck out of any situation
>makes night trivial
Yep

That's when you turn the game on hard where 2 or 3 slaps kill you.

Play on Hard from the start so that the game feels like a good episode of the walking dead where you have to pay fucking attention to your surroundings or you will die. (NOT NIGHTMARE (nightmare turns every enemy into a gigantic bullet sponge; it is NG+ content)

More than 2 people makes the game too easy, so see if you can sequester a buddy to play through the Co-op story with; nighttime navigation with one guy taking point and the other following him is super fun.

DO NOT LOOK UP ITEM LOCATION GUIDES, it drools the fun. Police vans with the highest difficulty locks have the best loot and the best chance for gun spawns. Have one of you pick the lock while the other guy runs interference.

You can walk up the big suspension bridge cables on the right side of the first map to get to a place with tons of loot, but wait until level 12 to go there because it spoils the scavenging fun.

Do not choose the survivor skill that let's you make boosters from plants because those make the game too easy.

If you find air drops already in the map without having been dropped, those respawn after a while.

There are actual boss figths in the game thoug. Bit they went full retard and didnt put another one at the very end.

A trick is to kick zombies from rooftops for easy exp in the early game. Also kick them into spikes, its instakill for them.

It ads a lot of roplaying. But in a few hours you get absurdly OP no matter what difficulty so at last hard mode lets the game be challenging a bit longer

I did play on hard, never tried nightmare though.

Dying light is a shitty game and not worth your time, let alone money.

t. someone who beat it

>Until you get a gun (halfway in the game)
uh huh
stopped reading there

THIS.

Started playing one day, had the game for about a day or two, ans some random dropped in on me and within 30 minutes I had like 15 million dollaridoos and an assload of top-tier weapons and shit.

Fucking around with that stuff was fun for about an hour, but after that I was like "well shit, what's the point now?" Totally killed the experience for me and I stopped playing long before even the half way mark.

Before that it was an interesting experience though, if you play through it without randoms it's actually not half bad.

How can someone be so bad at videogames.

>Any pro tips and tricks
Yeah, you can animation cancel by pulling out the shield. Makes things like the drop kick much quicker.

Dying light will always be a shitty, uninspired game.

not an argument

too lazy to refute any of the facts I highlighted

All tacos are just inferior sandwiches

>get a gun (halfway in the game)
>facts
sorry but that attempt doesn't deserve anything more than ebin reaction images
not even any more (you)s

Dying Light is overhyped by the people that love it, and overcriticized by the people that hate it.,

The reality, it's a fun game with neat little mechanics that are sometimes really cool, and sometimes really annoying. It's not a revolutionary game, but it's not a heap of shit, either. Good enough for a little fan-cult sequel, really.

PROTIP: explore and unlock all the safehouses before the first night, because time starts to progress only after that. also the search the map for easter eggs some are really OP weapons and others are PURE FUN!
I missed this game at the release because I was sick of the fucking zombie games every two steps, but damn is this a good game.

It's not shitty. It's flawed, sure, but you'll have some fun with it if youre not a contrarian faggot.

I wouldn't pay, $60 for it, but if you could get it for like $15 you'll have enough fun with it.

>The final boss is a QTE
This was the only good point of your argument user. This guy is right though, you should probably stick to DR4, its more suited for people new to gaming.

Or unlock it but dont use it like me

Why would I want to play DR4 when DR1, which is supposedly better, blows so much fucking ass?

I liked it a lot. The parkour was great and the melee combat was good too, a massive step up from Dead Island. I felt that the nights were underused and could've had more of an impact since personally I never actually bothered going out at night until the second city and by then you were so powerful none of the night zombies posed a thread.

Not alot to argue against when you make shit up.

Meele combat is ez if you play it carefully. And multiple zombies are supposed to be a threat, thats why you have the ability to run away and climb shit

If you are honestly having issues with the zombies in the game, you must be real shit.

Also if you are using the Q ability you are playing on normal which further proves your pleb-like behaviour.

Best zombie game ever made imo

It's a great co-op game with an amazing open world, one of the best honestly. The only problem is that after you finish the story there is no reason at all to play it anymore.

With the quality of the world they created you would of thought they added some survival, base building or something to keep people playing after they beat the story but nope.

If they added loot boxes or something maybe they would care to keep people playing, as it is they made all the money they are going to make so don't care anymore.

Spike traps instakill volatiles even on hard.
The game becomes pretty much trivial once you realize that.

Does it? I've been too busy hauling ass to watch out for spikes.

Really? That's pretty funny. I just flared their shit and beat the crap out of them with my legendary katana of super electricity.

The protagonist intercepts a supply drop of medicine

Then he burns it

The immediate next day he turns around and become the errand bitch boy of the villain for vials of the very same substance he burned the previous night.

FOR THE VILLAIN WHO HE'S SUPPOSED TO KILL

Fuck I just got an idea. How about if he PULLS OUT A FUCKING GUN AND BLOWS HIS BRAINS OUT

>but he's surrounded

HE KILLS EVERYONE LATER IN THE GAME ANYWAY FUCK

>You played it on normal, you can only appreciate a game if it's on the hardest difficulty

not an argument, it's called NORMAL because that's supposedly the most balanced difficulty.

I beat the game, seeing everything it had to offer from the beginning all the way to the credits.

I played it once. The first time I received a gun was roughly halfway into the game. In single player the game focuses on melee combat then sparingly introduces weapons (takes them away for the cliche arena battle and once again when you're near death in the museum).