Just bought Demon's Souls. Anything I actually need to know about the game before starting...

Just bought Demon's Souls. Anything I actually need to know about the game before starting? Stuff like don't revel resistance and stuff iframes being tied to a stat?
Other than that wanna go in blind like I did with the other games of the souls series

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/XhBxC/layout/grid
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Watch your fucking weight limit, you have one for carried items too.

in demon souls when you are in hollow form your hp is stuck at 50%. locate the ring in world 1-1 that ups it to 75% when equipped.

its a pointless handicap

crystal lizards are limited to 3 spawns I think. Point is, if you're not sure you can kill it, leave it alone for the time being, because fleeing from you decreases the spawn count too.

Thanks!

literally the best souls, enjoy op

Its pretty much Dark Souls Lite™

dont fucking die ever out side of the nexus while in full HP mode - just dont -

How alive is the online? I guess that there could be a few first time players like me because of the sale on PS store and the game is only 5€ currently.

will do

Dying once just ups the difficulty by a smidge and enemies give more Souls as a result.

Worst that can happen is now some enemies die in 3 hits instead of 2 and only by a dot of hp which can be fixed by simply putting one point in Str or Dex because of the extra souls you get you can afford it.,

I replayed the game a few months ago. it's dead.

>what is white and black world tendancy

As i stated unless he is playing online and realy wants to 100% the game b/w tendency is pointless.

And he did state he wants to play it blind.
And its not a mechanic for people who want to play the game blind.

- Either play online or don't die in body form outside of Nexus ever.

- For that matter if you plan for 100% completion or even fighting all possible opponents, don't use Stones of Ephemeral Eyes during your normal playthrough and just accept lowered HPs. Those stones will make things much simpler later.

-Magic and fire weapons, particularly fire, are better than normal weapons at SLs you're likely to obtain in a single playthrough. You can pick such weapons relatively early.

-You can permanently lose items if you pick them and don't have enough stats to carry them. Be careful about carried weight and drop everything you don't need into the storage at Nexus. You can use your upgrade stones right from storage, by the way.

-Once you have access to 5 worlds, you are supposed to go through worlds one level in each at a time, rather than complete each world from start to finish before taking on the next.

So are checkpoints in this game more rare than Dark souls? Seems like it

DeS is all about unlocking shortcuts.

here is a DeS album with over 700 pics of official art, fanart, and comics for whoever is interested.

imgur.com/a/XhBxC/layout/grid

on NA it still has a small amount of players. JP is the most populated and EU is pretty much dead.

You already fucked up user by not going in blind. Just about anything you fuck up can be corrected so don't worry about looking anything up.

Except 1 part. Towards the beginning you will have to find the monumental. The monumental is an NPC in the nexus on an upper floor. Here is a pic of the monumental cause its really fucking easy to miss.

It's not dead in EU, but it's not that active

You are an excellent human being.

>Stuff like don't revel resistance and stuff iframes being tied to a stat?
Iframes: no.
Resistance: yes, but very negligible.

>crystal lizards are limited to 3 spawns
Wrong.
Crystal Lizards spawn once, and respawn once again every time you kill a boss in their respective world/area.
Example:
>Crystal Lizards in 1-1 will spawn once
>you kill them once and they will not respawn>
>kill Phalanx
>they will respawn again and when you kill them they will not respawn
>kill Tower Knight
>kill Penetrator
>Kill False King
>they will respawn again and when you kill them they will not respawn again until you start ng+

God damn, why is the Fluted Set just so fucking sexy-looking? I think it's my favourite armour out of the entire series.