What are some games where I can play as a thief?

What are some games where I can play as a thief?

Besides the Thief franchise

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/g7iencreljQ?t=4m33s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

thi4f

I hear Oblivion has decent Thief quests

Literally 99% of RPG's.

youtu.be/g7iencreljQ?t=4m33s

ass creed 1

I don't think holding down a button until an animation happens counts as "playing as a thief"

You steal people's lives.

Aladdin

>thi4f
No such thing

The Dark Mod is not an official sequel

Stealing implies that someone loses property and someone else gains it.

>mfw no stealth game will ever surpass thief 1-2 in quality

Why is it so hard to make good stealth games that are actually about stealth rather than "hurr I'm le cool ninja master assassin *teleports behind you*"?

No simulation-focused developers in the industry. And the actual remnants of Looking Glass are making Ultima Underworld or Rock Band games. Nobody is bothering to have stealth AI with over 30 factors determining the player's detectability, or level design with specifial audio geometry meant for processing sound propagation.

(Me)
>specifial

lol I tried to change "specific" to "special"

Thief 1 had vision based detection, audio based detection with some very primordial version of audio geometry, and guads would become suspicious if they notice a door is open/closed when it was previously closed/open. If the guys at eidos put more resources into these things instead of LE EPIC MOTION CAPTURE AND VOICE ACTING meme, the game would be substantially better.

>some very primordial version of audio geometry

On some old sound cards if you plugged in a microphone, your voice would get filtered through the game's environment. A small room with carpets and wood panel walls would muffle your voice, and a large empty cathedral would make it echo.

It's not translated, sadly

What was that 2d co-op heist game called?

Monaco. That's what it was.

The biggest thing that bugs me about modern stealth games is the sound design.

I fired up Deus Ex Mankind Divided for the first time today. I got spooked when the first enemy I ran into talked like he was right behind me, even though he was downstairs and there was a thick floor in between.