Daily Reminder: if you prefer the top row to the bottom, you are the cancer killing video games

Daily Reminder: if you prefer the top row to the bottom, you are the cancer killing video games.

Nah fuck mario

I like both!

i like both because i'm not autistic and enjoy video games

Galaxy is the best Mario and they've all but admitted Odyssey is going to be shit

Daily Reminder: if you play Mario games you are a child

What does it say in front of 3D for both?

I hate the top row because I can't move freely at all and I don't think "trusting" Nintendo's vision matters.

galaxy shouldn't even be lumped in with 3d land/world, it keeps the control scheme of sandbox mario for starters

>implying video games aren't for autists and homosexuals

>top row
>an actual representation of Mario in 3d, in which you move past obstacles from A to B
>bottom row
>something completely unlike Mario where you stumble around a course multiple times doing stupid shit for stars
forgive me if I prefer the top

I can tell you also prefer Smash 4 or Brawl. You don't care for the slick movement of the previous titles at all.

Galaxy/3D >>> 64 and Sunshit

>It isn't exactly like a 2D game!!!

>an actual representation of Mario in 3d
you're one of these spergs who think other m is a more faithful adaptation of super than prime aren't you

haha, queer.

>You lived long enough to see a sequel to Mario 64

I've never more felt like something was meant to be

What 2D Mario game caused the Mario timeline to split?

The lost levels

>just because something is more faithful to its roots (read: uninspired) that makes it better
By your logic the NSMB games are better than all of the 3D Mario games, as they play even more similarly to classic Mario games.

It's not a timeline, lad. It's a difference in game direction/control.

To be honest I'm kinda surprised Nintendo actually bothered to do this.

I thought they would lump all 3D Mario games in one line. Not go out their way to call some of them different from others.

it actually amazes me that mario galaxy games turned out so fucking good. i can play that shit all day every day.

This is the best image I've ever seen to be honest. I always knew everything past Sunshine was completely boring. Now they confirm.

If you want a non-meme answer Yoshi's Island DS actually features Bowser traveling back in time as the final boss.

end ya lyf

Retard

The only one I don't like on the top is 3d world and sunshine is garbage.

good taste

I'll take Row 3 that has everything pre-Mario 64.

>likes 3d land
>not 3d world

Maybe if Nintendo made a course clear-type game with the complexity and depth of movement of the more sandboxy games, I wouldn't be so hard on the top row. But honestly, Mario's felt gimped in his abilities since Galaxy, and not very fun to control at all. It's more about overcoming the level design the way the devs wanted you to, instead of feeling like a badass by pulling off crazy jump combinations. It honestly could work in a more linear Mario, but Nintendo also pushes course-clear type games towards more casual players, so...

This.

64 was a masterclass on how to do 3d games back when nobody had half an idea of it.

I don't know why people on Sup Forums hate Sunshine. It was a bit more straightforward than 64 and could feel a bit repetitive if you want to 100% it (blue coins and too many red coin missions) but the world was extremely well crafted and some missions were instant classics for me.

Mario 64 controls with more responsive camera controls woukd be the best thing ever. 64 is only really hanstrung by the archaic camera, otherwise Mario controls like a fucking dream.

I would agree if it weren't for Mario having a huge turning radius in 64, that's also inconsistent. If you want to turn around and go in the opposite direction you have to walk/run around first and especially when walking it's so big that it can easily result in some accidental death due to walking off a cliff. I know it's happened to me several times because I got to the edge of a cliff, thought I had stopped and wanted to turn around and yet Mario walked forward off the cliff when I moved the control stick in the opposite direction.

>blue coins
The only thing and I mean only thing I don't like about the whole blue coins thing, is that there is no indication of how many coins there are on each stage and how many more you need to collect on them. Which can leave you searching endlessly on a stage that no longer has any coins for you to find.

I've stopped giving a shit about Mario, personally.