Captain. What should we do? There's no Skyrim thread on the list

Captain. What should we do? There's no Skyrim thread on the list.

Other urls found in this thread:

moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Its been 5 years
please

Forget the list. It's time to play a better game

>try a destruction mage
>empty the whole magicka bar to tickle enemies down to half health
Even with added spells mod it was so shit

One post on a dead thread and there's already someone shilling witcher3, impresive.

this to be honest
all you could be is a warrior/stealth archer with mayyyybe one or two spells, it's not viable to be an archmage or a bandit

After almost two years, it was time to try it.
Never touched it before thanks to you contrarian hipsters

>contrarian hipsters
What did he mean by this?

But that looks like shit user...

Have you ever tried skyrim

Is that seriously the saving grace of w3?
That its simply not Skyrim?
They're both shit faggot

I don't mod Skyrim and I've never had trouble with a Destruction playthrough even on Legendary. Why do so many people have difficulty with it? Are you just not taking the relevant perks / equipping the appropriate gear?

I refuse to play games where you are a character with a predetermined and defined personality/backstory/appearance/ect. If I wanted something like that'd I'd read a book.

Maybe he plays mage with unenchanted armor instead of mage robes.

So you basically can't and won't play 80% of all the videogames ever released

Why should someone trust your opinion then

to be fair, even hipsters tend to admit good games are good, when it's so objectively true

TW3 = Skyrim > all other games because I haven't been able to enjoy any other games since they came out

Maybe BF4 and NV, those are fun too, and Lego games, and Mario Kart DS and MW2 and Morrowind.

But for the rest nothing

I'm a pleb

That's got to be it. Because with spells like Incinerate being a guaranteed stagger and just a few perks putting it well into triple digit damage, you easy mode your way through the game.

ah, such vistas

>Is that seriously the saving grace of w3?
>That its simply not Skyrim?
Genuinely laughed irl

>So you basically can't and won't play 80% of all the videogames ever released

Correct

>Why should someone trust your opinion then

I'm not asking anyone to trust my opinion. I'm just saying that I'm not going to play the other user's "better game" because of the reasons I described previously.

>taking pictures of your screen

Please remember to report these threads to get the redditors off Sup Forums once and for all.

>I'm not asking anyone to trust my opinion
Stop talking then, nobody will listen anyways

Joke's on you bitchtits, I got it from google.

I'm listening him you dense fuck.

I don't think anyone trusts anyone's opinion on this site so it seems like a moot point anyhow.

>mods! he's talking about video games on Sup Forums!

Then you're even worse

Because you said so?
Alright mate, settle down.

I'm listening, and you are obviously, too

>Because you said so?
No, because you're literally listening the opinions of a guy who admitted he will never know what he was trying to talk about.

No, I used appropriate robes and perks
And still I couldn't kill a single enemy before emptying the bar (i was upgrading 2:1 with health), if there were two more enemies I was basically forced to equip a weapon and abuse potions which is something I wanted to avoid
Not sure what I was doing wrong except the potions bit

Alright.

I never said I didn't think I knew what I was talking about, just that I don't believe I am entitled to have people listen to my opinion. If my post was worded in such a way that this was misunderstood, then I apologize.

Your point of view is respectable as it is debatable, but that's how you're living videoames so nobody can really say shit about it
Thing is, refusig to play a game doesn't make you the most indicated person to listen when it comes to criticize such game

I never meant to criticize it, I just stated that I didn't play it when it was suggested I should do so, and why. I understand that I don't have much knowledge of the game, and didn't really expect I'd need to apply my non-existent knowledge of it here, since this is ostensibly a Skyrim thread, which is why I am here in the first place.

I refuse to play games where I determine my own personality/backstory/appearance/etc. If I wanted something like that I'd play a tabletop RPG.

That's perfectly fine and I respect your opinion, it just isn't for me. I actually do have two tabletop games I'm in, funnily enough. Rogue Trader and Shadowrun. But I'll save that stuff for /tg/.

So you prefer shit like Tetris over FFXII? Fuck is wrong with you?

That doesn't really have a character to create at all though, so it doesn't really hold my interest either. But yes, I'm not really interested in FFXII either.

I prefer games like Dwarf Fortress, Mount and Blade, Kenshi (Or did before the devs fucking dropped the ball on everything), Saints Row 2, the TES series (I've modded Skyrim to be like Mount and Blade so that helps), Elona+, and probably quite a few more games but I can't quite remember them right now.

I'm listening hoping the retard kills himself.

Rude.

I see your point then.
If a character's background bothers you this much, it really can't be helped. (but then again, a lot of customizable characters from past RPGs already have a story)
Thing is, W3 protagonist can actually becustomized a lot. Also, despite having a previously established personality, the way Geralt acts, his morals and attitude are decided by the player.

But if you don't like books don't even bother, game is mostly narrative and almost structured as a book from its series

What do you guys think of my painting? Took me a few days to get right but I am pretty happy with it.

I get you. And uh what I meant by "If I wanted that I'd read a book" is that books are actually better than videogames at structured narrative experiences, so if I wanted such a thing I would read a book instead. What I like about videogames is the potential to make your own character and carve out your own unique place in the world, something books and movies don't let you do.

I think it looks neat.

artfag here
really cool

Thanks, first time painting since I was in school so was pretty happy with it. Will do a Telvanni one next.

Thats really nice.

Magic in general was gutted in this game. Which is sad, in previous games you could become a walking god with maxed magic skills and crazy custom spell configurations.

Enchanting, bruv. One of the first things any Mage character should be doing is enchanting his gear with [Spell School] Fortification. At low levels you'll probably only knock off some 30%, but as Enchanting levels you get closer and closer until hitting 100% spell cost reduction. But casting all spells at full cost? Good way to hate playing Mage.

>GOD tier builds
Conjuration + Illusion
One hand and shield
>Top tier builds
Archer
Sneaky dual daggers
>Decent tier build
Dual wield
One hand + restoration
Two hands
>Shit tier builds
Destruction magic
Unnarmed

>One hand and shield
What did she mean by this?

> Not Enchant Archer.

Also is it actually possible to unarmed Skyrim on the harder difficulties?

That honestly looks like garbage compared to my modded Skyrim.

>Unarmed bottom tier

I can see someone doesn't know about the Khajiit + Daedric Gauntlets & Fists of Steel + Fortify Unarmed + Ring of the Beast + Poison Claws + Dual Flurry & Dual Savagery + Elemental Fury.

Watch Legendary Dragons melt on Legendary Difficulty.

>losing interest in games
>only play games from my childhood/teens
>lose interest in most new games i buy
Life is suffering. So is death

If only it had spellmaking.

The only god tier build is stealth archer.

Pretty decent I guess, what about alteration?

>Not using Alternate Start

It's nostalgia goggles! :^) Games today are fine!

Thing is, this looks and plays decently even if you don't mod it.

Enchanted Stealth Archer :p.

t. Self Insert beta
Life so boring you need to live it through something else eh user?

It just makes the game too easy, desu senpai

>Stealth Archer

"Captain, tell your men that the should all buy Skyrim Special Edition. The same goes for all who read this."

Is that armor a mod or does the witcher 3 take some crazy turn?
I'm at the part where Santa Claus hangs himself because BLACKED.

poison claws works outside of Vampire Lord form? Also every time I tried to use elemental fury it told me I needed a weapon equipped.

If I refused to read books that also had predetermined, structured narratives then you would have a point. I enjoy stories like The Witcher series offer, but since books always seem to do them better, I don't see the need to bother with the gamified version. What videogames have over books is the ability to create your own story, like I said earlier, so I just play games that let you do that.

>but since books always seem to do them better
I read three Witcher books and played two games, and I really can't say which one is doing it better

The books feel like a written cutscene from the games and the games are like an interactive version of the same kind of stories

>not playing as a Dwemer Weeb

what mods do I install to make skyrim into anime? I want to play as a cute anime girl

>The books feel like a written cutscene from the games and the games are like an interactive version of the same kind of stories

I suppose its a matter of personal preference then, and I would choose the former. Another thing to consider is that TW3 is a good game, from what I can tell. Like, judging on story alone, most videogames with structured narratives cannot compete with movies/shows and books about a similar subject in terms of how in-depth and well-written they are. I am aware that this is because there needs to be a compromise between story and gameplay mechanics, but that's just the way it is. Videogame storywriters start handicapped, so to speak. So I just don't bother with them, and focus on games that tell stories in a way that movies and books cannot replicate.

Is illusion viable? And conjuration? I did it in oblivion and I could just invisible through every dungeon, but couldn't kill a single thing by midgame

Go crazy my dude

moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

Ten gigabytes of total jap conversion.

>So I just don't bother with them, and focus on games that tell stories in a way that movies and books cannot replicate.
I mean, it's not like TW3 is some kind of movie game
We aren't talking about Uncharted or The Order kind of story driven videogames

Your choices in this game have actual and quickly visible consequences, a lot of characters either die or change their lives according to your morals
Your impact on the game's world is palpable and you can actually roleplay it the way you want; two players can create a deeply and dramatically different protagonist for their games, and get a different story and experience as a result

Thing is, this particular game is mostly focused on narrative, so every single mission or side quest have an actual plot and specific characters, despite being almost countless

Illusion is easily thne most dull school without mods. It's lots of fun with Apocalypse and Ordinator though.

Well that does sound a lot better. I just wish there was a way to be someone other than Geralt. Like in Dwarf Fortress (adventure mode), you can be anyone from the mighty hero to the peasant who needs his help to the bandit who the hero tries to slay, or even all three. I might pick it up though if I have some extra money. Or at the very least give the books a read.

Skyrim may let you choose how black and long your dong's gonna be, but it's utter trash compared to W3.

Also, you're not really choosing who you are in Skyrim - you're the fucking Dragonborn and that's it.

>you're the fucking Dragonborn and that's it.

Oh I should clarify, I agree that vanilla Skyrim is trash. Buuut I've modded it to be Mount and Blade so its more fun now.

Both are trash, but Skyrim is slightly better than the Witcher 3.
Both aren't really good RPGs.

You're fucking kidding. Even if you enchant everything to make you have infinite magicka (for destruction spells), Legendary is a whole other business. I managed to finish the main quest that way, but I was being one-shotted by those Draugr Archers o' Doom. The thing with a full mage is that:
From level 1 to 10 = Hell
From level 10 to 40 = Sweet spot, dominate everything
From level 50 to 81 = Good luck fighting anything

I mean, I remember two-shotting the Centurion during the main quest, but the Draugr Overlords in the sidequests just ragdoll me to death.

Awesome I'll get those then thanks. Always wanted to be a true illusionist. You know any other good magic mods?

Game has no protection, you can pirate it. If you like it you can always buy it later.
It wasn't easy to get into it to be honest, I dropped it two times before actually playing it as it deserves. It's just too big, you're overwhelmed by the amount of lore, characters, informations, quests, and overall by its freedom. It's just really huge and you can do/go pretty much whatever/wherever you want, which can be frustrating if you percive it as dispersive.
When you play an Elder Scrolls game for the first time you don't think you're missing out stuff, you just discover things during your adventure. The Witcher make you feel ignorant about the game's world if you don't read some of the countless descriptions of literally everything, you feel like you're missing out stuff because the settings is somehow alive and it's clear it has a deep story

a story that isn't starting at its core when you start playing, you're just thrown into it and you need to catch up

It would be easier if its mechanics were at least easy as an Elder Scrolls game; instead it's a mess at the beginning, you actually need to learn how shit works

There are truly too many RPG elements for a game with a pre-existing character as protagonist

I just fus rah doh my enemies and slash them with my sword till they die. If they get up I just bash them with my shield and repeat the slashing procedure.
And when shit gets though, or for those enemies that you can't send flying with your thu'um. I summon a dremora with the sanguine staff and let him and my companion do the killing.

I'll look into it then.