So i got Nier a while back and I'm excited for Nier Automata, but i had never played Drakengard...

So i got Nier a while back and I'm excited for Nier Automata, but i had never played Drakengard. I want to play through so i fully get exactly what's happening here, and i know Nier is a sidestory that takes place after one of Drakengard's endings. How long will it take me to get all the endings in this game with the knowledge that 5 of them exist?

Other urls found in this thread:

lparchive.org/Drakengard/
youtube.com/watch?v=__q_Nx9WbgY
ign.com/games/drakengard/ps2-497011
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

jesus fucking christ user

im dead serious with you

just watch the cutscenes on youtube

if you seriously want the entire story, you'll haave to go through fucking hell and back to get it

it's not worth it

Watching cutscenes on Youtube always felt wrong to me in the end because I always like to get my stories on my own. At least on games i might enjoy. I don't mind having to fight for it, it's time constraints I'm worried about since Automata is coming out in March. Also, on that note, how well does Drakengard 1 emulate?

Emulates well
Like almost everything
Plays very very bad

Trust him dude, its not worth it.

You will not enjoy mashing square for fifteen hours

I dunno,I started enjoying it after some point.
I say it's worth a shot.

Not worth it. Read this:
lparchive.org/Drakengard/

Is the rhythm game in 1 really easier than 3? The one in 3 only has one type of note and only goes up to six beats max, whereas from what I saw in 1 it goes like stupid crazy near the end.

A guy is currently doing a breakdown of the entire series in short 15-20 minute videos
youtube.com/watch?v=__q_Nx9WbgY

takes an hour or so but it's a decent option
the story is great but not worth the gameplay

It's easier than 3's,the only hard part in 1's rhythm game is 20 seconds left where there's forty-nine sequence of button presses that come out non-stop for thirty seconds and must be hit flawlessly or it's back to the very beginning of the entire mission.
The timing is way easier too.

I respect you user, go for it. I played it myself, it's fucking awful but it was worth it. Watching in on Youtube or from some LP shit isn't the same. You need to feel the DESPAIR by yourself.

It gets much worse the more you play though.

Drakengard confirmed worst game on PS2?

yeah, it's not really rhythm

you do have two kinds of inputs you must respond to, but you don't have to be precise like in 3

also you can just pause and look what's coming at you

The trick anyway is keeping your eyes focused in one point, possibly slightly to either side of the boss

>It gets much worse the more you play though.
Oh,I finished it and I still hold my claim.
He should download a save file for Ending E if he ever plays it,though.

>Drakengard 3
>DMC wannabe instead of Musou shit
>linear
>no dragon riding at will
>story has little to do with 1
>everyone is edgy for the sake of being edgy instead of subtle edge like in 1
>set before 1 yet everyone speaks modern English
>watchers are a bunch of anime monsters
>grotesquerie queens are hot
>endings A and C are pretty much the same except the brother is gone for some reason
>real ending isn't even in the game
>the babby dragon is the best character
>music is great instead of mind-numbing

why

Your post suggests you haven't gotten far into it.

Why? Looks pretty spot-on

>watchers are a bunch of anime monsters
Watchers weren't created when DoD3 happened,BrOne creates it.

Yoko said
>It's not Drakengard or Nier. If you're expecting that, you'll be disappointed.

It feels kind of weird to compare 2 games, and talking about DoD1 like it's the good one, but I agree that the game needed more dragon riding, and the shitty performance was probably the cause of it.
The rest are things that I may not consider necessarily bad, or are just very subjective.

I remember playing this when I was younger, I thought the dragon riding stuff was fun as fuck and I had never experienced anything as dark as this

But seriously is this franchise still fucking going

I thought the Angels are Watchers?

Well shit, would've been nice if someone told me that before I played it. "This isn't very Drakengard 1" was in my mind constantly when I played the early parts of the game.

Pretty enjoyable game regardless, would go back and platinum.

The director is a crazy person with a natural 18 in charisma.

>''I see... If there are no Intoners left to protect the world... Then I'll just protect it myself! We'll form a new religion. A religion that worships my sister, One.''
>''...No, I am the true One. From this day forward, all will call ME One!''
That's the Watchers.
And then there's a shit manga too.

The ride never ends.

Even if the games sell like 4 copies each time. You should definitely play Nier if you haven't already.

One creates the cult, the entities were already there
is correct
The thing Intoners do is being able to summon Angels/Watchers/Demons(things they turned into Angels, like Gabriella and the other dragons) even though the seal barrier is still up. (yes, seal magic was a thing before the multiple seal system we know of in D1 came to be, even if it was still flawed back in D3 times)

You're right,I meant the Cult of the Watchers.

But that's just him forming the cult

>play Nier if you haven't already
>not in stock everywhere locally
>no digital version
>only option is to import

Yeah I know,I mixed the Watchers and Cult of the Watchers.

Your best shot is probably to regularly lurk second hand stores. I once found 2 copies of the PS3 version and 1 of the 360 on Cex at around 20 bucks. They're pretty rare though.

They really need to release a digital version before Automata. It's like Squeenix hates money.

kinda makes me wanna try and emulate so I can re-play it

Which of the endings in the original is canon

It has pretty shit gameplay and music.

It's just a wild ride story is all.

>nier
>rare
i've never understood this, do you people live in europe or aus or some shit? i'm in northeastern america and i've never been in a gamestop where there wasn't at least 1 copy of 360 Nier, usually two or three. the game must've been printed and shipped by retards

E begins Nier

It's fucking stupid, 2B and Platinum have boosted the series's recognition to an all time high and they're not taking advantage of it

Asia for me

Yurofag here, but yeah, 360 versions are a lot easier to find, PS3 versions are very rare.

True ending/Goddess Statue is the canon ending.

you're gonna have to explain E

Was it the one with the giant man eating babies or the flash forward into the future vs jets one

you'd have to import then, anyway, so as not to be playing a gimped version of the game

>Even if the games sell like 4 copies each time
drakengard sold half a mil, do we have anything remotely official about nier's sale numbers?

the latter

It branches.

Ending E is also True Ending is also Alternate World ending. It leads to Nier and is canon.

Ending A is Dragon Seal end. It leads to Drakengard 2, the noncanon spinoff idea that is the only happy ending this series can have. Surprising no one, happy ending was shit.

godhand is worse

please tell me that level will still be in the game

Ending A goes into Drakengard 2.
Ending E goes into Nier.

Half the enjoyment of Nier is in the stellar dub though.

Check rekkas timeline

shit taste

ign.com/games/drakengard/ps2-497011

interesting, drakengard is even better than imagine party babyz

It's from a new issue so it's probably in. I just hope there'll be more enemies than just simple robots

come to speak of enemies, there really weren't that many in Nier, were there?

shades had maybe 8 or 9 variants (some of which were very similar), but apart from that it's wolves, robots of 3 varieties, and... that's it? there couldn't have been more than 15 enemies unless i'm missing something

360 version is dirt cheap, PS3 is very rare to find or is sold for insane prices on the Internet

>clown emil-bots

This is starting to get crazy in ways we can no longer understand

>nier meets amazarashi
>nier meets shitty generic rock music
I guess that'll bring some more sales

>dat fish

>robot fish

What is happening

Is there anything wrong with playing the new Nier without the first? I have a PS3 too, but you guys are saying it's hard to find anyway. Plus I have such an action game backlog anyway. Working through the DMC series followed by Bayonetta series.

It has characters from the first game, but Taro said it's fine. I'd still play it one day when it's cheap or when you put cfw on your PS3, it has great music and some nice moments and gameplay ideas

>DoD1 protag: generic-looking rpg guy who turns out to be kind of crazy in the game
>Nier protag: old man, totally unappealing in looks but is an endearing character in the game
>DoD3 protag: cute girl who draws in animu faggots and then is a total slut and a bitch for 99% of the game, tables turned fucking hard on animu faggots
>Nier automatic: cute girl who doesn't appear to be crazy or a bitch or even that rude really in prerelease
what does taro have planned for this new expansion of the DoD audience?

what the fuck

Fuck off IGN

its probably fine storywise, but the polished gameplay might put you off from playing the earlier games after enjoying Automata. its a series where the games generally get more fun to play as you progress, so doing them backwards can add to the pain somewhat

deepest lore

there're no humans on the moonbase, emilbots are the last pieces of what's left from humanity and you're destroying them for the glory of mankind, god wins

The story doesn't go as far as the Drakenguard and Nier games. You still see the playwrights that are Japan only. If you want to understand the story you have to drop the gameplay arrogance.

If the game takes place as far into the future as speculated...then how is that even there? The buildings and bridge should have collapsed ages ago, and that car should be nothing but a tiny rust pile.

Underwater.

I was born in a small village

>muh realism

Emulation quality isn't great. It's the only game I've ever had to mess with my emulator settings to play (invisible models, weird boot errors), but it plays now. Sequences on the dragon get some good stutter and the emulator really chugs through it giving you distorted audio and all that.

It's repetitive and simple but I'm like you in that I can't just watch that shit on YouTube.

I'm having fun though

She'll be in Automata right? Will we engage in TIME TRAVELLING?

Thats a huge fucking boar compared to the ones we have seen
Still not riding double with 9S though

2B is a literal monster and just slaughtered what's left of humanity for her secret robot overlords ending.

I hope not

Probably this.
She'll finish killing off the Replicants and doom humanity.

no, just mentioned

Worked for Nier, which took place about about 1500 years in the future.

Literally fucking impossible
Please help

What are you, gay?

I know your pain,schronize the youtube video to the game or give up.

Drakengard 1 is incredibly boring but has amazing story. Play it for the narrative and lore.
Skip drakengard 2. Is non canon and the story is bland as fuck.
Drakengard 3 is neat but poorly optimized ( terrible framerate and screen tearing). The story also feels a bit different from the first. It is more over the top, not as serious as drakengard 1 was.

>PS3 is very rare to find or is sold for insane prices on the Internet
Snagged it second hand on ebay for $60 AUD without even looking hard.

Enable hw hacks and set skipdraw to 30 to avoid issues
My thoughts, but considering there's a bit dressed as clowns, they probably took care of it for some reason, maybe even built it.

Maybe Emil asked them to, he seems like the type who could enjoy a theme park at the worlds end, despite what he is

20 tries and it's ez pz, just be wary of the last note

When Mikhail says "I'm" you press the button

I can't think of anything worse than time travelling shenanigans.

>second hand being that expensive
glad you found it but I stand by what I said
I got mine at fucking Gamestop for 9€

QT!!!! The park looks like it's going to be Alice in wonderland looking.

Dude an out of print second hand game for $60 in Australia is a steal. Plus I got it for $40 because ebay gave me a $20 discount.

man, really? that was like the full price when the game was out over here, that sucks

So is Yoko or Taro his first name? I keep seeing them alternating and can't figure it out.

At release games are typically on sale for $80 minimum over here. The more hype around a game the more the retailer has an excuse to jack the price up to $100.

Taro is the first name, Yoko the surname

9S, where did you find that hat and outfit?

These guys are fucking each other, right?

I hope so.

It would be kind of funny that after all this Toobieposting, the game ended up being fujobait. I wouldn't be surprised coming from Yoko-san.

>mfw I picked this up for the PS2 when I was younger
>mfw I spent ages wrecking dudes with the dragon
>mfw I completed it once, but on the second try I couldn't get past the bit where your dragon tries to kill you
>mfw I thought this was just some obscure game nobody knows about
>mfw people know about this shit on Sup Forums
>mfw it's time to fire up the old machine once again