Why did people shit on this game? It's really fun

Why did people shit on this game? It's really fun

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7mueAMMvg2s
mynintendonews.com/2016/11/02/capcom-wants-monster-hunter-to-grow-in-the-west-and-feels-handhelds-are-limiting-sales/
youtube.com/watch?v=0NENYcdp5IE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>tfw no mhgenerations on vita

I've never played any monsta hunta games. Which one should I pick first?

It sure is, since it's still a MonHun game. But it's a step down in almost all aspects from 4U.

>Easier than previous games
>Less content and replayability
>Gathering quests everywhere instead of slaying and hunting

That's it.

youtube.com/watch?v=7mueAMMvg2s

it´s fun if you´re 12 years old

4U is the best introduction for the newcomers (and the best game in the series) imo.
Generations is newer, which would usually mean it has the most active playerbase. But Generations is also a non-G or non-Ultimate edition of the game, which the western releases haven't seen for quite a while. Since the ultimate editions are expanded, so non-ultimates are more like cut editions in comparison. And Monster Hunter XX has already been announced, so unless you want to buy the same game twice, I'd advise against buying Generations and at least wait for Generations X/G/Ultimate whenever it comes to the west.

Generation also borrows quite a few things from the MMO counterparts of Monster Hunter, which imo doesn't really improve it, compared to the usual mainline MH games.

>they never ported 4 to the Wii U

And that's why I stopped playing it after a month.

>And Monster Hunter XX has already been announced, so unless you want to buy the same game twice, I'd advise against buying Generations and at least wait for Generations X/G/Ultimate whenever it comes to the west.

You can transfer saves from X -> XX and Generations -> Generations Cross or whatever the fuck it's called. Assuming it's coming to the west which we don't know for sure.

Dont bother.

You can, but you will still be buying the same game twice. XX isn't an expansion pack, it includes the entirety of X content.

Man, that looks nice and surprisingly unfrontierlike.

Every MH thread since MH4U release

Its one of the downsides of Capcom realizing that the west market for MonHun has a lot of potential.

In one hand we get to play it earlier than we normally would, but on the other we pay twice for the whole thing.

Since i've dumped 400 hours on the vanilla Gen i'd say the money was well spent to be honest.

Less content, before this game i was clocking 100+ hours on MH4U, played it a lot with my friends on weekends.

Yeah, but you bought it at release, back when everybody thought it was a one-time thing and wouldn't get a G-rank edition. Buying Gen right now, after XX has been announced would be unwise.

Villager requests effectively require you to put in more work to max out things like the trading and kitchen facilities compared to other games, and online they're treated like urgents in that only the host gets credit. I'd be fine starting over in 3U or 4U, but all the shit I have to go through in Gen before the endgame is something I don't wish to ever do again.

Personally I reckon that styles and arts are nothing more but a novelty in their current form.

Here. Made this for /mhg/ a few days ago and tried to keep it to mostly facts.

Indeed, but hopefully people will think twice before buying the next mainline MonHun game since they now that Capcom will most likely release the vanilla, then their ultimate or whatever they call it.

>locked to 30 fps
I wish. It's capped at 30 fps.

Is the MH community ready for Anderson to rape its franchise like the RE movies

This.

I put hundreds of hours into Tri and 3U. I'm not a squinty-eyed nip, I want my huge monsters on my huge TV so I can actually be comfortable sinking a retarded amount of my life into it.

Thank God for the Switch.

There's literally nothing to rape.
Also, the first RE movie was good.

Capcom actually acknowledges that the series being limited to handhelds holds it back from gaining more popularity in the west. I myself wouldn't mind hunning mons on a big screen, on a PC or a PS4...
>Thank God for the Switch.
Oh, god, fuck no, you moron. Monster Hunter deserves better than another dead gimmicky Nintendo hardware.

>MH community
The hollywood movie is not for japs, it's for west and capcom's plan to expand in the west.

mynintendonews.com/2016/11/02/capcom-wants-monster-hunter-to-grow-in-the-west-and-feels-handhelds-are-limiting-sales/

There's nothing wrong with high rank games themselves. I think Capcom just needs to rethink how they can handle releasing both high and G-Rank games in the west, like some kind of reimbursement or discount for owners of the former.

Stfu retard.

Turn off flashy effects and fix your eyes

considering it takes place irl with monster coming to our world its safe to say its shitting on any kind of story the same way re did, and re was cancer except for the cgi meh movies

It's not my eyes that need fixing.

The lack of content and lack of polish relative to MH4U is what killed it for me.

making a movie that has nothing to do with the games isnt going to help its franchise, also its pretty obvious its for the fucking west when its being made in the west with a western director ffs

Playing MHGen feels like a chore to me.
I'm honestly trying to like it, but the singleplayer is so boring and I refuse to go multiplayer til I finish it.

Regardless capcom has big plans to expand mh in the west.

Shut up and get back to those quests. That royal fern ain't going to collect itself.

I always get nervous when I hear this shit.

>series isn't doing as well as we'd like
>ruin series to get tons of sales

It's like there's no middle ground.

What's the middle ground?

You get the trader upgrades through the multiplayer urgents.

I'm so thankful for Prowler, though.
Fun to use, useful, AND infinite gathering?

Fuck, that's swell

Adjusting their approach moderately in the interest of increasing sales, but with a heavy focus on not alienating the current fanbase.

They can't be happy with MH simply doing well, they want to turn it into some AAA trash now or something that appeals to normies.

>infinite gathering
The only correct part of your post.

Go drink the special juice under your kitchen sink

>Adjusting their approach moderately in the interest of increasing sales, but with a heavy focus on not alienating the current fanbase
They already did this with the switch to nintendo but at the cost of alienating the old psp audience. Of course they lost more sales than gained sales though.

>They can't be happy with MH simply doing well, they want to turn it into some AAA trash now or something that appeals to normies.
When did they say this? What the ceo said was handhelds are limiting sales in the west because it's only 10% of the market.

It's really not once everyone runs adept style and every hunt becomes a joke if no one is retarded

>PS4
HAHAHAHAHAAAA
>muh grafix
HAHAHAAHAAAA

Or, a DLC expansion. Does that concept even register in the nip mindset?

Unlike you I'm actually a fan of the series, and not just a brand loyal console drone.
No sane person would want to see their favorite game on Switch over any other platform in this gen.

Its fun but its so easy shit, every weapon is op. As a main HH that shit is op

This. There isn't even that many quests where you're locked into an arena with two fucking ridiculously crazy monsters to actually pose some threat to a team of 4, which is atleast masochistically fun for both wasting everyone's time and seeing how good everyone actually is. It's disappointing; I love picking quests that atleast gaurantee someone is going to die once or twice that quest for the thrill of it.

>Unlike you I'm actually a fan of the series, and not just a brand loyal console drone.
You are, stop kidding yourself.
>No sane person would want to see their favorite game on Switch over any other platform in this gen.
Because
>muh Grafix and I'm totally not a shit eating sony drone.

Crapcom isn't going to give you good graphics no matter what and this thing is mostly played by the japanese on their 3hr commute to work. Goodluck thinking they aren't going to go for a tie in and the only company that provides both the portable aspect and the possiblity for home play like the filthy gaijin demand is Nintendo.

youtube.com/watch?v=0NENYcdp5IE

I'm actually curious to just how portable a switch is: is it small enough to fit in a pocket like the 3DS were? Cause if it can't, then it's not going to be "portable" by any means to a lot of people.

>buying

Who the fuck carries the 3ds in their pocket?

Switchfags sound like Vitafags now. Isn't it sad? At least Vita launched with MHP2G and MHP3rd.

I carry my OG 3DS in my back pocket back when I was still playing MHX. As a healthy attractive adult male I don't carry a manpurse around like a numale faggot.

I keep mine in an inner layer jacket pocket; it keeps me warm during a cold Canuckistanian winter's day.

>No screen protector.

I guess someone's going to be making a fucking killing off selling something like that.

there are other bags availabe instead of a fucking manpurse you tard.

Nintendo themselves make a killing selling 3DS chargers that they don't put in the 3DS boxes.

Seems like they're eager to rebuy the games at full price over there. It may need to change somewhat if they're looking to expand in the west, but I guess the overall culture in the west has changed a bit since Freedom 2/Unite, with GOTY editions, season passes, previous gen re-releases, and whatever being shat out the ass these days that people still buy anyway. If that rumor of a 'westernized' MH on PS4 is true then the game will probably be nothing like what we're used to, so there's that.

I guess Capcom loves the extra re-release money, too.

Oh, right. I forgot they pulled that scumbag shit with the chargers. Jesus christ, they're such fucking jews.

Honestly, it's much more fun if you play Guild-Style only(Or just pick any other style and only use that) and don't take 15 minutes setting up the loadout because you want to be ""Efficient" and swap styles for every hunt.

I had issues grasping that at the beginning and it made the crawl through HUB1 and Village up to 4 exceptionally boring as shit. I did a replay using only 3 weapons and Guild and it was just a watered down 4U with a really annoying upgrade system.

That was because of the EU, and their shitty directive.

You can save sets without manually swapping parts or styles, you know.

Also in Japan. 3DS chargers are always in the top ten on Amazon there.

Chargers aren't included in Japan either. It's actually only USA that got them 'cause they probably wanted to avoid getting sued.

>It's actually only USA that got them 'cause they probably wanted to avoid getting sued.

Holy shit, that's fucking hilarious that the only place that wouldn't accept their jewish tactics would the burgerland.

not as good as 3 or 4, that's why

Well I don't know why they did that for Japan but in Europe they did it because EU gave them shit for it. The first iteration of the 3DS came with the charger in Europe

> go to dino
> fight him for 1 hour
>??
> repeat ad hominem

its shit

I put 120 hours in X, then I realized I would have to hunt Deviant Rathalos and Rathian for 30 more hours to finish the sets I wanted so I quit

I hate fighting those so much

Yes, you can, but you missed my point

the styles add too much extra shit to the side, even with set saves. The game's about hunting big lizards that fly, not spending hours researching if X style is better than Y for THIS specific monster in question(Depends on weapon main desu). They should have only added 1 or 2 styles for this and added more as mainline progressed.

If you want to be the most autistically efficient per hunt, you have to ignore using the loadouts and manually pickout out what armors + Gems work for what monster in what style with what weapon. they added an extra step to the already annoying forced skill-building mechanics.
The game is much more fun when you treat it as a mainline and just equip an armor + gems and your favorite Weapon that you're comfortable with, and don't think about what style you're in. Just play it like you would a mainline and its actually pretty solid. The extra shit can be ignored, but its always in your face and you subconsciously feel the need to use it since it is definitely part of the game's mechanics.

Just remove the gay ass styles.

you act as if your forced to do as you say? why not just play the game how you wan tto play?

>The game's about hunting big lizards that fly, not spending hours researching if X style is better than Y for THIS specific monster in question
Nigga, you haven't even scratched the surface of MH if you don't realize it's hardcore number crunching and minmaxing at its core.

Regardless, styles do suck and add more unnecessary complications to the formulas, and tend to be generally worse than Guild or Striker anyway.

Except Adept gunning, I was spoiled by it so much, I cannot go back to normal gunning. Maybe turn it into a high level armor skill in the future games or something,

No hate, 4U was clearly better but even that had problems and I recognize why I liked 3U too, nostalgia fucking goggles, because everything else about it was a good game riddled with problems.

And I've done just about everything in those 2. So its MHgen's turn now. People that bitch about it oughta find friends to play with. Not online, together in a room chilling and having fun. Like it or not its the most fun way to play. I've done dual apex 140GQ rajangs solo, I still don't give a shit about gitting gud or that epeen. Fun fuckers, fun.

There's actually half a bottle of whiskey under my sink.
Bottoms up.

>Fun is just a buzzword

i want styles and arts removed from the next main line game.

My problem with gen was that because there was no g-rank armor had less skills and slots meaning less options for mix matched armor. This was one of the motivations for playing 4u, getting practically every piece of armor and the seeing what I could come up with, Relics added on to this. Devient soul skills are cool but they usually require a full set.

>Not online, together in a room chilling and having fun
I had this. Then one went to the military. The other left to write literature, mired by depression and a literal swamp. We play online sometimes, but it's just not the same.

>MH and Switch moving away from 240p
>moving to paid online

one hand giveth the other says fuck you pay me

>online is free until the end of the year
>they delay MH to January

JUST

That's exactly the point I was trying to make. The styles ruin the game's flow in such a harmful and retarded way its not even comedic

Styles and Hunter Arts ended up killing more variety than they added.

Retards compare a base game to expansions

MHXX won't come to the west. Capcom America and Capcom UK fucked that up for everyone. There will only be a Japanese version on the Switch/3DS.

5 is coming though that's why there won't be a western release of MHXX

Because you fucking are

Try not using Absolute Evasion or Adept style against CHAz above the first Capture quest on it if you're GS'ing or HBG'ing. Git Gud aside, You HAVE to use specific arts and styles against some of the monsters or you're going to just end up a huge liability to your team and hating the games format. They balanced all the deviants around the knowledge that you'd be abusing Arts and Arts are tied into the shitty Styles. They fucked up implementing this on soo many levels it just needs scrapped and put back on the drawing board(Like swimming); instead they're adding even fucking more useless fucking styles in XX that will wear out their welcome within 5 hunts.

>Capcom America and Capcom UK fucked that up for everyone.
What'd they do?

The hunts are fun, its just the shitty gathering quests the game throws at you non-stop that suck.

Mate, any co-op game can be fun by just not playing with randoms in general. That does not change the fact that the game has fucking awful pacing among other complaints people have by comparison. 3U is still a fine game, while underwater has problems it's way overblown.

That's not a problem exclusive to high rank though, that's a Gen problem. Are people forgetting that both 3U and 4U high rank armors still had a healthy amount of both slots and skills by comparison? Even HB + RS + WE was possible in MH4.

MH4U practically has a copy of MH4 inside it, and that's a fine game. I don't think Gen is a great foundation, they're likely not going to change whatever else is already in outside of weapon/style/HA tweaks that'll likely happen.

Don`t bother, it`s ass.

>max number of daily quests
>microtransactions to circumvent this
>no location damage
>damage numbers
>FU hitboxes

>while underwater has problems it's way overblown
Its not.
It deserves all its complaints to the last one. And there's other issues besides that. Again, take those nostalgia goggles off.

Somehow Generations felt too long and too short at the same time.

As someone that's dumped 2k hours and 1500 hrs in 3U and 4U respectively, Gen sucks. Too easy, too boring, not enough new stuff. The new monsters are great but in every way shape and form it's just not as good as 3U or 4U.

A straight port of XX is questionable due to the lack of save transfers, it could end up being a situation like P3rd/3U with them being slightly different games with (mostly) shared content, and in that case it would probably come out in the west too.

The problem with XX on 3DS is that, being so late in the console's lifespan, it would've underperformed sales wise due to a possible localization coming out 5-6 months after the Switch. It's basically the same situation as AAI2 and the 3DS.

Other than that, with Nintendo moving away from handhelds and HD development becoming mandatory, I woulnd't bet on Switch being the next MH's platform. Capcom chose 3DS over Vita because the DS sold better than PSP, but 3DS underperformed against mobile while also limiting the potential growth in the west, so why would they stick with Nintendo when there's already platforms with bigger install bases and the same development costs?
Multiplatform is also improbable due to them not wanting to split the userbase, although that reasong may have applied mostly to local play which will stop existing either way.