Why don't we see games like Tomba anymore?

Why don't we see games like Tomba anymore?

They felt like the quintessential games, they had everything.

I

FAST PANTS

Because the kind of creative genuises that made Tomba no longer bother with videogames anymore.

Videogames stopped being pure entertainment long ago, user. People don't make games just because they sound fun anymore, they make them because they want to fulfill some manner of deep artistic expression or make a quick killing off the back of hobbyist.

Yuka Laylee and the few gems that swim in oceans of indie filth are our last bastions of pur videogames anymore. Other than that wrap up in nostalgia and burn away your life with the empty twaddle of the new world good enough to you that you can engross.

Because what's the fucking point? Normie only eats up cinematic and sandbox game, so why bother?

doesnt sell season passes to retards or day dlc shit eaters

I would really prefer if you'd be quiet.

TOMBA

HIS ARMS WIDE.

man Tomba 2 still looks fucking good.

THAT STUFF REALLY LOOKS MATURE YOU KNOW

Im surprised there hasnt been an indie game in the same style or a kikestarter. I loved the concept of a fuckton of items and figuring out what they all do

God the Ninja Storm games are so good

>the speedrun meme spouting autists will forever plague Tomba threads

nu-Sup Forums was a mistake

Then let's have some genuine discussion.
Tomba 2 is fucking garbage even at launch itnwas an ugly slow piece of shit. And you?

why did whoopee camp go out of business? they seemed to be doing good with tomba! on that demo disc and tv commercials for tomba! 2, and everyone I talked to that ever played the games loved them. so what the fuck? finding out they died while I was still playing tomba! 2 depressed the fuck out of me.

I only remember loving it as a kid but I'm afraid of replaying it in case it doesn't hold up. I still think the concept of purifying worlds/levels is amazing.

None of you guys are funny. If you want to prevent cancer, consider standing out in front of the shuttle that is running in front of the hotel on the hour. Thank you.

For the most part it plays exactly like it did when I went back a couple years ago. I say it's shit but I did beat it and get all the powers and weapons and shit.
I think you might like it still.

It was fucking amazing you stupid retard I liked it better than the first one so suck my dick

>if it's not muh platformer vidya it's not entertainment

You are wrong you shit eater. The game wastes your time with stupid cutscene shit and painfully dull quests like HAHA LEAD THE ELEPHANT THING BUT REAL SLOW. Only good thing is the soundtrack you bastard.

jesus christ what is this

Then I'll give it a try, thanks. I know I liked the first one even better on my replay.

I would really prefer if you'd be quiet.

Modest production values don't sell. Fuck off with your "But Minecraft!" bullshit, spectacle games dominate the console market and most small team releases make no money on PC.

Are those pigs evil?

Isn't it coincidentally how in most games pigs are evil?

I. LIKE. THAT. JUMP!