How do you guy game in the heat?

How do you guy game in the heat?

It was 41c here today and I wanted to play some games but my cpu was 50c just idling (usually 31c)'

I rent and they won't let me put a aircon in.

>water cpu cooler
>dust filters

Fallout 4 = 68c CPU temp
Far Cry Primal = 75c CPU temp

Those are not hot day temps.

Oh I have a i5-4690k standard if anyone is interested.

Idk mate, all things considered those temps don't seem awful at all.

Oh I misread the "not", my bad.

Do you have a mid or full tower? A shit load of case fans? Is there sufficient airflow to to the case? Have you considered water cooling?

Also where the fuck do you live where it's 40c in january?

>68c
>75c
These aren't really that high temps. 85+ is the dangerzone.

>Those are not hot day temps
So how hot is ambient room temperature when you get these temps? How's you case airflow?
Is your CPU overclocked?

41c in January? What?

Optimize your case fans.

t. Arizona fag where it gets 40c+ in the summer for two goddamn months straight.

Australia, it's summer in the southern hemisphere.

Straya.

Full size tower.

Two fans on top, one fan on the front.

not OC

Damn today was a just an off day. Will look into getting more fans.

My CPU and GPU are both at ~60 degrees whenever I play video games. They don't go past 60, but never stay below it either. I've had to change some fans but the CPU and GPU are both 9 years old.

3 fans only? 140mm? With a full tower you should have 3 fans on top, 1-2 on back and 1-2 on top. With front blowing air in and top and back out.

You're using liquid cooling or air for CPU? If Air place the heat sink fan so that he air blows upwards. If liquid place the radiator inside the top part of your case.

Make sure you have nice Push/Pull in your case. I have my fans set to Max speed at all times and my gpu to 100% at 70% load.

Gets me through the summer just fine, and I never power down my pc.

Then again, I put together my pc so I know how well my CPU is pasted.

˙ʇi suiɐldxǝ ʇɐɥʇ 'ɥO

Shut down your pc when you're not home kids

I live in South America, it's hot all year. My CPU/GPU temperatures are around 40ºC when I'm not doing anything fancy and rise up to 50/70 when I'm gaming.
Something is definitely wrong with your stuff.

i have exact same CPU

i have noctua DH-14 and load temps are like 10 degres above ambient in summer

Pop open the side panel.

>brazil
>35-38c
>i5 4690, stock cooler
>49c idle
>65c load (games)
>83c load (compiling games)

yall niggas is spoiled

i play consoles on those days instead

>tfw no AC
winter a best season

What are them now?

I have 26ºC to 30ºC on an i5-2500k and a Dh-14

Also does your Noctua hit your RAMs? Mine has always hit them

I have one too with stock cooler and my cpu went up to 71C on a 42C day under load the other day. I dunno, maybe try cleaning your cpu cooler with a can of compressed air?

overclocked
stock cooler
often reach 100C
#YOLO

What a waste of quints you aussie piece of shit

>tfw live in shitty tropical country near the equator

it's 30+ degrees (ambient temp) of heat all year round I know the pain of terrible temps

My old GPU used to hit 95C because of the stock fans for a good year or two. All that happened was instability due to poor circulation after dust clogged the fans. You're fine.

>I rent and they won't let me put a aircon in.

You don't have window AC units in Australia?

>i5 3470
>Stock cooler
>idle temp
>50c
>gaming temp (GTAV, BF4)
>65-70c
>at 3.0-3.33Ghz
>gaming temp when Intel Extreme Tuning Utility OC's me to 3.60Ghz
>75-80c

I have CoreTemp set to alert me when my CPU reaches 80 and that happened this month actually when IETU again fucking OC'd me to 3.60 and I didnt notice.

Are temps as high as 75C while gaming for 2-4 hpurs sustainable and okay? So long as I dont cross that 80c threshold?

>Stick a big cup full of ice cubes in front of the PC's intake fan
Problem solved. Give your computer a cold drink.

Rusted components have a certain charm to them I agree

I run most games in 4K so my GPUs are around 80c all the time.

Something wrong with your cooler. Either your fan, airflow, or heatsink contact.

My ac broke during summer last year, but my cpu still gamed along at around 70c. I sweat buckets when I played for over hours, but my cpu didn't overheat.

>centigrade

>R9 290 during summer and no AC

Fahrenheit literally makes no sense, fuck off amerilard

how? Just because its not 0-100?

Fahrenheit is more accurately able to depict a range of comfort and tempature

buy a $100 heatsink for your $500 CPU.
get a big case and fill it with fans.

But the important static numbers are arbitrary, while 0 and 100 are easy to remember.

0 degrees Fahrenheit - pretty cold.
100 degrees Fahrenheit - pretty hot.
0 degrees Celsius - You are dead.
100 degrees Celsius - You are dead.

thats true, but really any idiot can remember 32 and 212. and since the range is widened, you can be more specific with your tempature, its better for describing the weather, an setting a temp for indoor heating and air

>0 degrees Celsius - You are dead.
What?

>Fahrenheit is more accurately able to depict a range of comfort and tempature

Non-Americans aren't deadly afraid of decimals.

>0 degrees celsius you are dead

australian spotted

Maybe they haven't invented clothes yet.

>Check on converter
>0F = -17C
>Pretty cold
I guess that user wearing russian bear custom

>0 degrees Fahrenheit - pretty cold.

You do realise 0°F is colder than 0°C?

>last year I lived in a building with single glazed windows in the middle of winter
>shivering at all times because the heating was shit

At least I had low CPU temps right?

>tfw remember it was designed to handle the higher temps
>once saw it go to 90c and had a mini panic attack

>Woke up one morning with my PC still on to the sound of all the fans sounding like a fucking air plane
>Liquid cooling pump failed
>It's idling on windows with nothing running at 80-85c
>Swap out the cpu to a stock cooler
>CPU now idles at 60-65 during games
>FPS tanked from 130-140 fps average on utlra overwatch to 60-70 during fights

Was there permanent damage or is it the fact that it's now running on a higher temperature that's causing this shitty performance?

I use a 144hz monitor. So those frames matter.

Liquid coolings a fucking meme.

Intel CPUs have built-in thermal throttling which kicks in at 100c to prevent any damage. If your CPU doesn't even reach 85c-90c then you shouldn't worry too much.

nVidia cards will be in danger after you exceed 100c. Stock cards stabilize at 82c through a combination of automatic fan control and core frequency downclocking so they're always safe. Cards with aftermarket coolers don't even reach 82c so GPU wise you are also safe.

TL;DR Your temps might be higher than usual but they're far from dangerous.

>12 degrees
>only 4.0hz

holy SHIT why buy a 6700k if youre not going to oc it? you know they sell a cheaper 6700 and the only difference is you cant overclock it

Its probably throttling to prevent heat damage. I know your pain bro my tubes on my h60 broke a few months back and fucked my system up. Had to get a new case just to support the new one they sent me.

you ever heard of this thing called thermal paste?

I walk my dog until it hits -25C. My house is at a balmy 10C because electric heat is bullshit. 0C sounds tropical to me right now.

But yeah, no fan noise is nice.

I havent changed mine since 2014

Speccy doesn't show OCs.

It's at 4.6 but speccy doesn't show that

>live in central europe
>since the past decade temperature has risen from 28°c in high summer to 39°c
>summer starts in march now and lasts until september
>nobody has an installed AC here or knows what it is
>have to fly in some american technican to install one in order to not suffer anymore

Trying to videogame at almost 40 degrees is suffering

probably using mayo

What's the problem? It's not gonna go anywhere.

I have an H100i and idle temps range from 40-50c depending on how hot out it is. Never reaches 70c even under 100% load though, so it's not all bad. But honestly these things are designed to run fine even at 85c for extended periods of time so it's not that big of a deal.

get a 212x user

>niggabyte

You can fucking use decimals in the centigrade system to be specific.
Now that's how you are MORE SPECIFIC without having to use hunders of different numbers for fucks sake.

Get a portable unit
they most likely just dont want shit hanging out the windows because it could damage them or be a liability if it falls out.

How fucking fat is that cat in the reflection

Australia
Not even once.

Fahrehnheit
>The lower defining point, 0 °F, was established as the temperature of a solution of brine made from equal parts of ice and salt.

Celsius
>The scale is based on 0° for the freezing point of water and 100° for the boiling point of water.

How the fuck can you defend this? It's like the Fahrenheit scale was made by a fucking autist in seek of some special attention while Celsius was actually made to be useful.

see

>tfw achieved 18c with an Intel stock cooler

Granted my house is fucking freezing right now and I've got a 200mm intake. But the numbers don't lie.

this was a h100i v2

do you reckon I should just roll with air cooling? I don't know if I can trust another one if the unit only lasted me 3 fucking months.

>water freezes at 0 degress celcius
>human body is 99% water

durr think about that for a second retard

I have central a/c because I don't live in a shithole

low end temps aren't really accurate, here's my stock cooler

V. chilly

Meh, I'm sitting around 30C with mild OC, but hey, heating and silence.

>An outsided temperature of 0ºC means the temperature of my body is 0ºC
Can you think before writing? I'm gonna say it just in case you're really a retard: the body can heat itself. Magic, right?

I'm pretty torn on it myself. Even in AIO water coolers failure is regarded as a freak accident. When doing research I could barely find any cases. But I think air cooling would be better just for the fact it cools other parts, not just your CPU. Had to stick 5 extra fans in my new case, and its cooler than its ever been but I still think an air cooler would've been better. An H100i is $140. You could get an amazing air cooler for that much.

They same way I always do. You do release the recent Intel CPUs can go up 80c

There's no point in liquid cooling, in my opinion.

I have an i7 that I overclocked to 4.6 GHz and it runs on a silent as fuck fan at around 45°c on maximum loads. Temperature isn't even a problem, it just becomes unstable if I go higher. Even my 1080 GTX is silent.

There's just no point in why I would go liquid cooling. It just adds extra maintance and work for nothing I don't already have. To be honest, the most annoying part of my PC is the 4 tb mechanical drive I added recently which occasionally makes a quiet scratching noise, to put it into perspective how redundant I think liquid cooling is.

Holy shit Americans are fucking stupid. You're like the only country in the world that uses your stupid measurements, yet you'll still rush to defend them. Not even your own scientists use your retarded, backwards system. There's literally no defending it.

Why would you rent a computer?

>heat

>the body can heat itself. Magic, right?
say that to our face and not online, see what happens fucker

I never have understood these threads.
Do you fuckers not have central a/c or something?

get that in canada sometimes to

and not even dry hear
wet nasty heat

not everyone is rich

I literally live in a government apartment, and I have central heat/air

I think the only merit water cooling has is size. It requires less space than a regular air cooler. My old case couldn't even hold a hyper 212 evo. Otherwise I'd agree with you, but most people water cool just because they can.

buy a portable air conditioner you fucking DUNCE

>How do you guy game in the heat?
80 W maximum consumption.
One fan for the entire system.

I'm poor as fuck and I have central a/c and it stays 65f in my house all year long