Would you play a soulslike MMO in the dark souls universe?

Would you play a soulslike MMO in the dark souls universe?

In my wettest, wildest dreams, user, what the fuck do you think

Only if players can become as warped and powerful as boss monsters

It would be unbalanced as shit if it were PvP.
That being said PvE would be a joke

So no

>Soulslike mmo
Yes
>On the Dark Souls universe
No

>The more souls you collect from killing others, the more powerful you become
>this encourages more people to hunt you down for your souls and the cycle continues
I need this.

I would play an imaginary "good" one in theory.

I would not play the shitfest that we all know a real one would be if they actually made it.

I'd prefer a Diablo style one, with a limit on the players in the session.

>MMO
>Massive Multiplayer Online

So just another Souls game?

I would prefer them to release dragons dogma for the west

>play souls mmo
>first guy you see kills you

WOOW

slither.io

yeah but like in a real game

hell fucking no, too casual. I used to play Ultima Online get on my level.
Now an ultima-online-like game in a whatever universe, I could be interested in

kys

this.

mmos are trash
i wouldnt want that to stain the souls series more than das2 already has

Souls is shit. Artificial difficulty THE GAME. and the graphics suck dick.

>my first souls game was demon souls

Shitty clunky controls.

Yes. An MMO with actually decent combat would be nice. We all know that's never going to happen though.

No because mmos are repetitive grindfests

I want a Bloodborne/Souls like MMO in a Bloodborne/Souls universe

>Artificial difficulty
Who started this meme?
I've played DSI and Bloodborne, and both games have fair difficulty
As long as you don't dodge the wrong direction in those games you will be fine

It's a meme used by casuals and spergs on the Internet who want replies.

No

This sounds rad as fuck. But there might be some issues:
>Where does the fight happen? If it's a random hallway, it won't be epic and the gameplay might be hindered. Maybe you can only fight them in some "arena" rooms?
>Since they're not limited by their AI, wouldn't it be too OP to give players the damage of a boss? I think it would work better if you can only increase your HP, so that your lifebar will show up on the other player's screen like a boss lifebar
>If you die against a boss player, you won't learn his mechanics, HP, damage, etc, like you would with an actual boss. Instead, you will respawn, go back there, and he will be gone

How about overtime you become a boss monster?

Maybe only be able to become a boss monster in certain areas

>would you play an mmo
No.

But I already play it, my dude. Check "Dark Souls 3". You'll love it.

no, all mmos rely on grind and grinding in souls is fucking stupid. just let miyazaki do what he wants, either end souls with 3 or make some other game/spinoff.

>hurr durr the post

>you will never have a guild of WALLS with shields on their backs and in their hands

Shit,I forgot that's was a book

sure

One guy became a huge demon and is too OP? Gather up enough adventurers to slay him then. What's that, he has a cult following and protecting him? Then get your own fucking demon too.

FUCK balance.

I just think an MMO that used the Souls combat system and possibly level system would be amazing. It's such a refined combat system that imagining it in a world PVP situaiton just gets me fucking excited.

I think an MMO in DS universe would kind of ruin the feel and atmosphere that's important to those games, though. I'd prefer a new setting with lore and story just as good.

everything in that sentence is mutually exclusive

Sure, but i'm assuming there will be some stupidly broken, overpowered build that ruins the online for everyone like in the souls series. A meta build that 80% of the shitter playerbase will flock to because they want to feel a sense of accomplishment.

>Dark Souls MMO during the peak of the Age of Fire
I want this so fucking much

Caster classes would be a fucking nightmare.

Pursuer can either be an NPC or a player, can even have both up at the same time hunting for the same target.

The amount of players at any given location would have to be severely limited because lag would probably kill the combat system completely, but having people in the same location but unable to interact wouldn't be good either...

So how to do it? Some mechanic that randomly disperses people out of the area if the amount is too much to handle? Or a system that turns extras ethereal and unable to interact with people so the combat doesn't become an awful mess?

I assume we'll get one sooner rather than later. But I won't play it because it will be insanely popular to start off with and then will start to die off after several months when all the memesters start leaving and we will only be left with the small group of hardcore players whop gain their powers by not bathing.

Maybe if they make it an actual rpg and tone down the grimdark. Have some real safe zones like towns and villages. And a different currency that isn't souls which implies you've killed people.

>And a different currency that isn't souls which implies you've killed people.
You could go balls to the walls and have ephemeral eyes, humanities, human effigies and embers.

I was thinking more of coins like a normal rpg? Only fucking weirdos in the shitholes of the soul series take souls.

yes I would love to grind those spike club fatties for a chance of super rare golden poo drops for 2 weeks straight while leveling up twice during that time

It's a world where weird is the norm, gold means shit to these weirdos.

I would but it would be unbalanced as shit.