Can I play this one without having played the others?

can I play this one without having played the others?

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20170121013119/http://www.egmnow.com/articles/reviews/yakuza-0-review/
thejimquisition.com/yakuza-0-review/
yakuzapatch.tumblr.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>0

What do you think faggot?

Yes, this one takes place before all the others with its own story.

Yes, but you will find it impossible to go back to the other ones due to 0's vastly improved gameplay.

Yes, you gonna miss some small references kinda like MGS3 but go for it, it's actually a good set up for 1

It's like life. It starts out awesome, and you are able to do so much. Then by the end (5), you're old, and have absolutely no fucking clue what's going on.

And then 6 happens and, well, the less said the better

6 is abysmal.

what's bad about it? It looks so beautiful

Not him but the only inherent problems with 6 are the framerate (they didn't prioritize 60FPS for god knows what reason) and Haruka getting YELLOWED

Performace is shit, Combat is clunky as fuck and made me feel pretty dirty, some random dude explosing inside Haruka, the ending

Smallest city in the series, smaller than in Y1.
Y1 tier terrible camera and combat.
Screen tearing unless you buy PS4 Pro and play in performance mode, otherwise you get silky smooth screenteraing 20 FPS at dynamic ~900p on regular PS4 or upscaled 4K at silky smooth 25 fps with screentearing.
Worst story in the franchise to date with terrible ending that doesn't even end Kiryu's story properly and ends on a semi cliffhanger

It's the worst game in the series.

>Smallest city in the series, smaller than in Y1.
Seemed to be the regular size in the demo, what sections got cut?

Underground
Hotel District
Champion District
Purgatory
Most of stores disappeared and there's only like 2 stores now copypasted all over the map in their place
Minigames cut entirely
And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Fuck Y6.

w-what happened?

>Hotel District
>Champion District
Ah fuck no!

China happened.

Around the time of 0 or Kiwami, the series exploded in popularity in China.

Hence why the story in Y6 is literally massive CHINA THE BEST CHINA STRONK LOVE CHINA pandering to the point of knocking up Haruka for real with a literal who chinese prince of chinatown, and why the game cut corners all across the board for quick buck development aimed at china.

About Yakuza6, is the combat worse than Batman or Ass Creed? Y6 combat looks much better than Batman to me. Y6 just seems more dumbed down like a Musou game. I can handle that.

But but but, Yakuza 6 at least has Puyo Puyo and
VF5 FS. Really if it weren't for all the mini games, I'd probably just youtube the entire series since my enjoyment from this franchise stems more from its exploration & adventure parts rather than its action.

The action is just serviceable but way better than that autolockon batham asscreed crap.

You have to do some hardcore searching to find a game with worse combat than ass creed

>the series exploded in popularity in China.
>Hence why the story in Y6 is literally massive CHINA THE BEST CHINA STRONK LOVE CHINA

Are you fucking serious? Hearing about this and hollywood going full shill mode to chinese audiences can't be a coincidence.

What I really hate about this franchise is how Y4 - Y6 have the lamest last boss battles. Y0, Y2, & Y3 at least ended with badasses who could take on Kiryu in 1 on 1 combat. Y1 gets a pass because the entire game was filled with tough scary bastards with the final 2 bosses being a bunch of wimps. It worked though, in an 80s action movie sort of way.

Pretty weird how Yakuza is more popular with Chinks than Sleeping Dogs, then again Sleeping Dogs has a very American styled plot with Americnized character who just happen to be gooks.

I dont have a system to play the others unless there's a ps4 remaster coming. If I could play the others, I probably would. I dont really care that much about graphics and whatnot.

WHY THE FUCK DOES CHINA RUIN EVERYTHING.

We can spend a whole day shitting on Aizawa as a last boss, but the fight itself was legit as fuck mate

Play in release order, idiot.

>I'd probably just youtube the entire series since my enjoyment from this franchise stems more from its exploration & adventure parts rather than its action.
>The action is just serviceable but way better than that autolockon batham asscreed crap.

Go play Shenmue 1 & 2 ASAP. As much as i love Yakuza the combat and exploration in Shenmue is better than Yakuza.

Shenmue also uses the same fighting mechanics as VF

Story-wise, yes, since Yakuza stories past 2 aren't worth much, and Zero lets you meet characters that are around in 1 and beyond, but in a way that fleshes them out later.

Gameplay-wise, I'd say no. Playing Zero might make it hard to move back to the much, much clunkier PS2 games, and maybe even some of the PS3 games.

>Minigames cut entirely
You act like thats a con

What are you doing here

>Around the time of 0 or Kiwami, the series exploded in popularity in China.
Didn't China get a sick manual as soon as Ishin?

Start with Ishin first, it's the best in the series and released right before Yakuza 0.

Not playing minigames obviously

how do you play these games if you don't speak nip? looking at a guide every 2 seconds sounds like more trouble than it's worth

>reviews coming out
>getting 9s and 9.5s left and right

where did it go right?

Spam Sega twitter to come in english. It worked for Yakuza 5.

They fixed the actual gameplay.
Im actually having fun with 0's combat system unlike the previous few games.

Cause I feel like paying these ridiculous fucking prices for a game they haven't remastered in english

you can also pirate the game on ps2 or emulator

web.archive.org/web/20170121013119/http://www.egmnow.com/articles/reviews/yakuza-0-review/

5/10

thejimquisition.com/yakuza-0-review/

9.5/10

Is Akiyama the least autistic Yakuza protagonist

>yakuza guys act like yakuza
>5/10
everytime

Who >No tracking information available
here?

here, but i know that it will arrive on tuesday

Mine still says "in progress".

Say it ain't so. I was so exited for yakuza 6

Playing through 2 right now, but I gotta know, what's up with the camera during cutscenes? Some things are completely out of focus and it looks like someone smudged over the lens. What gives?

Probably, yeah

this game looks comfy as hell
money FX flying everywhere
chunky sound when boxing dudes

any other games got some satisfying melee hit sound fanfaire? I don't have ps4

God Hand

>Y1 tier terrible camera and combat.

I'm gonna need some elaboration on the combat bit because I can't picture them ever going back on the barebones combat 1 had.

>listen to some of the OST
>Friday Night sounds like the song playing at the end of that Ed Edd N Eddy episode where they were trying to find Johnny a new imaginary friend

I'm sold

Ideally: no
If you're crunched for time: sure

fpbp

Ishin then, my point still stands.

You forgot how it took an already shit Haruka from 5 and completely ruined her. Also forgettable music and insanely easy bosses.

again it's not about time or not wanting to play the others, it's about me not having a ps3.

but I just read fat fuck jim's review and apparently I'm good to go. I'm looking forward to next week already.

I'm afraid it is so user.
Is this your first Yakuza thread on Sup Forums in recent months?
Everyone was bummed as fuck when information about 6 started flooding after release.
The game is just flat out bad.

Remove styles
Remove 80% of the moves
Replace half of the remaining ones with new shit that doesn't look or feel like Kiryu at all
Have about as many combat upgrades as Y1 did
Revert to Y1's "lock on" aka non-existant one
And you have Y6 combat.

Fuck me, and they hyped it as the finale.

JUST

BUY

A

FUCKING

PS3

The developers of these games aren't known for remasters and Kiwami was one off thing.
So no, there won't be PS4 remasters of the PS3 games.
You would be very lucky if you even got Y2 Kiwami but I doubt that will happen.

You're a faggot for skipping PS3 and it's 10 times bigger library of exclusives than anything PS4 has.

I'm not going to buy a fucking ps3 for a single game series

the fuck are you smoking nigga

Hey, at least 0 is god-tier.

I'm telling you to buy a PS3 for a lot more than just Yakuza you literal underage nigger scum.
Get cancer and die, fucking get flayed alive you piece of shit.

>one-off
I think Yakuza 2 HD will happen but that is as far back as it will go.

They should skip 2017, and make Yakuza 7 actually good. Or soft-reboot it with a new city, new characters etc

>Y1 tier terrible camera and combat.
So you're saying that they went back to fixed camera angles and they removed the ability to change the direction of your attacks mid combo?

tell me how you really feel young buck

Y1 didn't have fixed camera angles in combat, shitpost harder.
And you could change direction mid-combo but it was clunky and imprecise.

The emulation causes the bloom effects to be slightly off to the side of where they should be so the image ends up being blurry. You can fuck with it to make it look better but there's always gonna be some visuals that are fucked no matter what. Software mode doesn't have any issues but it also has the ps2 resolution so it doesn't look too hot.

I didn't want to bother so I just got the PS3 HD remasters of 1 & 2 and played through them that way.

You uh

You okay user?

The series is on practically on yearly quota. The exceptions were Kenzan and Ishin, and even then they were only 2-3 months too late to be considered yearly release titles

So should we expect a yakuza 7 next year or is it spinoff time again

No need to be so hostile user.
Maybe chill out or something.

I'm honestly expecting a spin-off/remake again so that they can refine the engine more and so they can fool around while coming up with story ideas for 7.

Oh who am I kidding Yokoyama will probably write cheap shock value again like Haruka's babby

Is Y1 recommended for someone new to the series? Like would it turn a new player off if it's super clunky?

Or am I better watching cutscenes on Youtube? What about that movie, Like a Dragon?

Try not to be turned off by 1. Its short like 12 hours and really clunky. Then get into 2 and see if you like the series by then

If you don't like it you could always watch the reminiscence

I liked Y1 well enough when I got into the series about a year ago.

Don't know if the movie is any good.

Can I call people who only played 0 secondaries in the following weeks after release?

The movie is awful and almost completely unrelated to the game beyond vague premise.

Yes

I think not, because series should always be played in chronological order.

Any tips for 2? In the first game there was a bunch of stuff that you could miss based on which chapter you were on. I don't mind missing out on a few things, but I'm curious about if there's anything really good that I can just obliviously skip over.

Is it chapter-based like the first game? Can I manage by just giving the areas a good looking around in each chapter?

You better be lying to me right now.

Yes

1 is still a great game it's just every entry that came after it has improved what it laid out so much it's easy to shit all over when comparing.

He isn't. You can't even create weapons and pull of sweet heat actions. You don't even have people train you like previous games.

Some of the upgrades for Kiryu are for hostess shit.

Virtua Fighter 5 is great though.

>he doesn't watch EZA

>the fucking yoooooooo image

>mfw I know a guy who ACTUALLY pre-ordered this

Yakuza introducing memes?

Would would it be referencing though? I haven't played mgs3 so I don't know how they did it

HEY! Anybody want to translate all of Ishin, Kenzan and missing content for Yakuza 3?!
You'll get:
A virtual hug from many Yakuza fans
Maybe a drink if we'll even meet

>trying to get into Yakuza because a buddy says its good
>same friend goes on a trip to Japan and grabs me a copy of Yakuza 1+2 HD for PS3
>It's completely untranslated
>"oh dude its notthat bad, just pull up some Youtube videos of the english ps2 version for cutscene!"

Man fuck that, I'll probably just emulate the PS2 ones.

I'm not lying. It really is that bad.

You can play that VF5 on PS3 already so what's the fucking point?
I mean, I guess if you're desperate for VF5 on PS4 then it's your only option but still, you can just play the PS3 version.

RUBBER

yakuzapatch.tumblr.com/

tl;dr we're working on Kenzan and Y3, but we really need help to get it done in any conveivable timeframe
Looking mainly for a translator atm, preferably one with a PS3.

Y1 is mega clunky and also has the silliest English dub of all time. If you really don't want to start with it just go straight to 2 and watch the flashback at the gravestones

I have a slim NTSC PS2 but live in a PAL territory now. I don't know what to do about the voltage difference. And the only NTSC copies of Y1 and Y2 I can find in-country online are bid-only eBay listings, and I don't know how to bid well. Life is suffering.

It's worth playing for that dub alone Kazuma-chaaaaaaaaaaaaan.