What did Sup Forums think of Nintendo 2DS?

What did Sup Forums think of Nintendo 2DS?

I have one.
I asked for it for christmas two years ago specifically in protest of the stupid gimmick that is 3D
I like it, but I make sure not to get the screens dirty by keeping it in it's case when I'm not using it

bigger than my pocket and therefore a horrible idea for a handheld

Why do you go out in public with a handheld?

>out in public
i just really like pockets

Its cheap and fits nice in my hands. The small 3ds is dogshit. either get this or a big 3ds

everything about it angers me

>ugly af doorstop design, especially when there's a vastly superior clamshell design
>uncomfortable as fuck, either move the buttons and shit down or round the corners so they don't dig into my fucking hands
>more expensive than a second-hand 3ds
>one sided speakers
>all around inferior to the XL in general

It's cheap, it's comfortable and I don't use the 3D anyway. I like it. I'd have bought one if I didn't already have a regular 3DS.

Would've been the best if they had made a New2DS version of it.

Looks fucking retarded and isn't as portable, but I bet it's okay. My biggest gripe would be that you can't angle the screen, which is how I play my 3DS.

The bumper buttons suck
The shape of the console without a hinge is bad, but not as bad as you'd imagine
but it was more than passable for it's price, allowing people who didn't care about 3D and tight on cash to still play 3DS games

If its cheap, it makes for a good spare

otherwise it feels nice just for some certain games, but otherwise its not that special

Whatever game compliments the shoulder buttons I geuss

I keep mine in my bag, if I have a long break between class at uni I might play a few rounds of smash.

i forgot that was a thing

its cheap and actually comfortable as fuck. I have yaoi hands and using the shoulder buttons on the 2ds is the best I have ever used on a controller/handheld, it hits the right spot. I didnt get the bumbers at first but once i realized how to actually press them in the right spot its fucking jizztastic

No 3D gimmick, no NFC reader for amiibo-shit, reasonable battery-life, reasonably sized screen because im not 80 years old and can read normal sized font

good for small children.

I like that they released a model without the dumb 3D gimmick but it looks retarded and is ergonomically trash, and can't keep up with the New 3DS in performance so overall it's just a toy for young children who can't be trusted with a 3DS

As I'm not a manlet, like everyone here, I really like the design of the 2DS because it fits perfectly in my large hands. Playing the 3DS for a while my hands get pretty tired from it but no problem with the 2DS. Also never use that 3D shit so it's fine that it's not included.

I bet you have a big dick

Considering you could get it as cheap as 50€, it was/is a fantastic deal.

I'd probably have one if there was a New 2DS.

I think it was a shit idea on papers because they kept the ridiculous small screen size. But I never held one, so I don't know.

And I love the 3D effect.

best version of the 3ds.

Comfortable to hold and operate.
Cheap (equivalent of 100 USD with a 40 USD game included).
Almost never use 3d on my new 3ds or old 3ds so lack of 3d don't matter to me.
I personally don't mind the size because I never put handheld in my pocket.

Wish they made a "new 2ds" as well.

A good cheaper alternative if you only want the system for a couple games.

Does the headphone port allow for stereo? Because the system can only output mono to the speaker.

yes but you need to set it to stereo in the settings

Got a N3DSXL now, but I still use my 2DS from time to time. It really comes in handy when I go to places like cons, where it's easy to get your shit lost or stolen, so if it did, I don't feel like I've lost much.

When I first bought it, I was pretty amazed at how comfortable it was to hold, and I like the shoulder buttons. I don't like the mono speaker, but they did make it really loud to compensate, so that's nice. Overall I prefer it over the original 3DS, even if it's lacking the 3D, because I never use that anyways.

Good for grown ups or people without baby hands.

It's not the way 3DS games were meant to be played, so it's shit.

But I understand that Nintendo has to scam cheapass parent too somehow.

>uncomfortable as fuck
2ds is comfy user, lemme guess, never owned one?

It's all right.

The d-pad is a bit shit but it makes up for it with superior ergonomics and really nice triggers.

>he actually uses the 3d like an elementary kid

When do you get to hike school billy?

not him but i use the 3d for monster hunter, it makes it look better and you get a depth feell to it.

It's not Nintendo's fault if you have worst eyesight than a mole and you can't enjoy 3D, user.

20/10 vision. The games are better in 2d, kid.

>Sup Forums
>Is it Nintendo?
>It's uncomfortable

Don't even bother mate.

Would have been my preferred system if they had clamshell XL model. I never use 3D

Bought one at a pawn shop for $50. BEST FUCKING money I've spent. Hacked the hell out of it and got a 128gig SD for it. Now I have every game along with ROMs. I'm extremely happy with it.

pretty great if you can get them on cheap.

If you live in new york it probably wouldn't be a geat idea to use a handheld in public because nigger will steal anything

I like the 2ds.

I prefer the squishier buttons and d pad and it doesn't feel horrible in my hands either. The price is also great, I got mine for 50$.

The biggest problem is obviously the fact that it can't fold so it's kind of a bitch to bring it around with you unless you have big pockets.

It's pretty good.

My only complaint about it is the stretch to hold the L shoulder button along with the D-pad. It makes a game like Azure Striker Gunvolt annoying to play. You can hold L shoulder + circle pad just fine, though.

Mine ended up getting some very strange damage around the circle pad, causing some sticking issues when it is moved in one direction, so I picked up the New 3DS for $100. That's worked out very well, although the standard 2DS is perfectly fine for every game I played.

mono-only sound is a major downside, but its a great option for kids

I liked mine until it broke. I had it in its case in my bag and it must have broken at the slightest knock.

I got a new 3DS and much prefer it.

It's shit.
The mushy face buttons and shoulder buttons that sound like they're going to break ruin it. Not to mention the battery life is the same as a regular 3DS. It's cheap for a reason.

Do you wear skinyjeans or something faggot