Nioh Beta Thread

Techniques:youtube.com/watch?v=NXDi0AdgXOQ

kodamas: youtube.com/watch?v=DZRbv9fXL9k

Rewards for beating beta:
1.Mark of the conqueror
2.Mark of the strong
3.onryoki mask- just for defeating the main boss. You need to keep your save file

What do the elements do:

Fire
>Damage over time
Lightning
>Slows attack speed and movement / chance to stun
Earth
>Increases Ki cost
Water
>Reduces Physical Defenses and stacks elemental build up
Wind
>Poisons, Damage over time, may effect Ki & movement
(interrupts or causes flinching with each re-application)

How do i quit a mission?
use a himorogi branch

Old beta guide: pastebin.com/VEHby7kd

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Adams_(sailor)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

post screenshots

brb gonna go find a flash drive

Just upload it on twitter.

i dont use social media

I want to kissu the blacksmith

I don't like how much gear matters in this game meaning you can overgear shit so easy

is lightning really better than water? muneshige's water katana has so much more attack

No matter what it turns out to be, The Mark of the Conqueror in Nioh is significant.

Before I say why I need to divide the Souls community into two general groups - Conquerors and Conquered - and quickly define both.

Both have basically been around since Demon's Souls, but the very nature of the Conquered demands that the Conquerors come first. Why? Because Conquers beat the path and light the way. Afterward, like mold or a rot, the Conquered seep into the community, ever at the heels of the Conquerors.

How is that? Either by a lack of information upon release or due to a self-imposed restriction, the Conqueror goes in blind. Conquerors embrace the challenge From Software has extended with each release in their Souls/Bloodborne Series while the Conquered abhor it. While Conquerors scratched and clawed their way through levels and boss fights, the Conquered poured over FAQs, Strategy Guides, Wiki Articles, Google Search Results, Let's Plays and How to Videos.

Therefore the Conquered subsist by virtue of the illumination spread over From's games by the Conquerors, entirely dependent on it. Overtime they've let themselves forget this, fancying themselves old hands as they bring their borrowed knowledge and tactics to bear on each successive release.

And then here comes fucking Nioh, reminding the Conquered who they really are. And with little to no documentation in sight they hide behind shitposts so they can cling to that "gud" status they worked so hard to attain. Eventually they'll be back. Once the Conquerors have shown the way, that is.

And that's why The Mark of the Conqueror is significant. No matter how superficial, uselessly cosmetic or quickly outclassed it is, it stills says I'm not

whats the agility stat determine?

run/dodge speed

Roll speed and stamina consumption.

post fashion

Movement

Cute hat.

how fast a nigga can run away from his massuh. or in laymen's terms : how fast a t.conquered can away from a conqueror

t. conquerer

>Yamabushi apparel

There's a Tengu set? Please show the full set, that sounds fantastic

how long before the beta ends in eu?

>muneshige's water katana
can you post the stats?

>beat scarlet orgress
>go back in by mistake
Do i really have to do this bullshit again?

I wish I got anymore of it. That and the ambush unit set. Shit seems rare as fuck.

This is mine
Refashioned

how should i level my character if i mostly use a 1hand katana i'm level 15 pls help i'm confused and can't beat the samurai boss

>white samurai

nips white washing themselves

Oops forgot pic

why are the percents in blue? does that mean they were reforged?

Well, you don't have to post there anything, just use it as a storage.
Seriously, if you want to take screenshots, it's much easier that way.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Adams_(sailor)

No reforging

We're reaching levels of bullying never thought possible

what is refashioning?

Max lvl or % maybe?

transmutation.

you're probably right . ill make a fake account

>got downgraded graphically
>made even easier than the previous beta

lel

>moonshiggy summons thunder doggo
>hide behind that rock
>dog smacks face first into it and explodes

It means they're being boosted by high familiarity.

It generally either doubles or just plain increases the stat value of that bonus. Fire +10 becomes Fire +20, Ki cost -7.5% becomes -14%.

>Carry a guy through the Ogress fight
>Doesnt even emote back
Yeah fuck you too buddy

I always do
leave it to me

so i beat muneshige, normal, and twilight ogress, anything left or just dick around till the beta ends?

>using the bolder

Conquered scrub

whats better the 1kat parry or the lmao2kat parry?

best way to make webms?

how do i parry like that? which level is your character

share>trim>copy to usb/twitter>webm for retards

Why is that samurai such bs? Hits you once in his final phase and that it.

Get your skill to 7 to use the armor to the fullest

most disonnorbrrrr

But she's cute. Cute!

I've got the chest and the armbands. They seem to drop occasionally from Twilight Ogress.

Run Bully Muneshige% and do fashion shit.

I doubt everyone's gear will be saved when the game finally launches so it's whatever.

One of the 1kat parries eats up enemy ki and can be chained into a grapple. Pretty sure it's the square button counter into buttpoke that does it.

I'm uploading to Youtube, downloading the MP4, and running it through Webm for Retards. I also can't be assed to make a twitter, so yeah.

Bare handed parry is in the ninjutsu skill page, way at the bottom.

And my character is
I just turned off my PS4 but I think I'm around 38/39ish.

Use a branch or fragment.

Np

Don't really see the hype in the game myself, maybe it's the setting?

Anyway, it's a little too easy. Don't even mean that in the try hard way, just didn't seem like there was much depth to the enemies or level design.

Maybe it's because I didn't play the past Betas and Alphas (I hear they were harder and better) but I just didn't enjoy this that much.

Completed it relatively easily. That Ogress boss was laughable mechanically speaking, you just hug her stomach and wail away and she's meant to be the 4th or 5th boss in the game. The Samurai boss was a little more difficult but at the same time, not really. He just felt more boring as all you had to do was punish him and drain his Ki down (the stamina mechanic on enemies really makes the game way to easy in my opinion).

Bosses = 4/10
Combat = 6/10 (better mechanics than Souls imo but sadly, the enemy movesets and overall variety made it pretty damn boring)
Level design = 3/10 (what level design?)
Difficulty = 4/10 (felt like a more casual Bloodborne)
Armor designs = 10/10 (loved the Armor designs in the game)
Weapon variety = 9/10 (same as the Armor designs, great variety and aesthetics)

Overall, solid 6/10. Will probably be a better Souls clone than Lords of Fallen but it will probably be literal who tier within a month. Too much style over actual substance.

I like what they did with Twilight zones though, interesting concept and definitely made replaying the areas a little more fun and difficult

What are the marks for anyway

>go to blacksmith
>ok m8 time to smith muh swords
>it's a kawaii girl with an eyepatch
seriously caught me offguard
think will will be able to get with her in the full game?

when i use fire enchant enemies have debuff icon but they take no over time damage

what does it do

you rirr feerr ashamed of your rords &deeds

what's the "proper" way to fight the fag with the fire tongue above the waterfall in twilight? that sweeping whip attack has obscene range

The amount of hits these enemies need to take to die kinda bothers me. Every fight is a chore.

that fills up as you hit them, you have to achieve the burning status

t. conquered

Wait, the Blacksmith is a cute anime grill?

Just block it. Blocking in this game is kind of broken. Or just dodge straight back if the tongue has the evil flames on it.

so what does this debuff do in this webm? i applied two different debuffs to the same monster and then another one magically appeared

Why are the hot spring kodamas brown instead of green?

Bait his punches instead, stay in close.

yes, very rapeable. I'd suck the farts out of her shitbox.

Every time they go for the items in the waterfall area they fucking fall in
This is worse than babysitting

will do

ying yang debuff that happens when you have 2 elemental debuffs on the same enemy at the same time, makes you do massive damage

Bat chick in the Beta was a miles better boss than Ogress, on just about all levels.

Fuck, this demo was basically trash compared to the Beta. Smaller levels, worse boss. I think they were just showing off more of the game but yeah.

I would recommend watching video of the beta just to see the levels and bat boss, because this one is kind of flat in comparison.

You have to beat down on people with your element and fill the little shield tab for your stuff to proc. When an element or status effect finally goes off, the enemy will be covered in a cloud of whatever element it was.

If your element damage is too weak (like using the element talismans with no stats into magic) then you can't build up status/element fast enough for it to proc against enemy resistances anyways.

Block. For the love of god, block. The sooner you get it into your head that you can block 90% of the bullshit attacks in this game, the better off you'll be. I'm pretty sure only elemental attacks can't be blocked, because you can survive the Ogress landing on you if you block it. You'll lose all your ki but you'll take no damage.

Ying-Yang occurs when you stack two element debuffs on one enemy. It fucks everything up, including Ogress. I'm pretty sure it empties all ki and then kills ki regen until it goes away.

What does having a full armor set do?

If PVP is in the levels and not just an arena, I'm going to have a lot of fun with a low-level Kuri hanging around that waterfall and pulling people off edges.

How do I activate the spirit guardian?

What does conquered mean? I completed the game and the twilight realm.

Also, the only enemy that still gives me some trouble is that fucking Flying eagle thing with the huge staff.

Anyway to fight it more effectively?

You know, considering this is Team Ninja, I'm actually shocked that the women in this game are tame as fuck compared to DoA and the titty ninjas of their previous work

damn that sounds pretty powerful. thanks!

Triangle+Circle at the same time.

Do it again for the super special attack.

it's a reference to this copypasta

I feel like I'm spoiling people by helping them

jeez blocking that good huh? coming off of bloodborne guess I gotta unlearn blocking = useless

i wish they had kept the map music from the beta

>Anyway to fight it more effectively?
just time your dodges better, if you're close enough he uses that useless spin kick a lot giving you opportunity to beat on his ass

Shitty DS clone

it worked out so well too, will's spirit waif and blacksmith are 10/10

hehe yea +1 pepe

ok reddit

t. conquered

I completed (100%) all Nioh demos. Last Chance is easily the worst simply because they didn't really give you a good way to prepare for / level up for the Twilight mission and the tough samurai duel. But even being the "worst" of the demos, its still a really good demo.

Overall,

Bosses = 9/10. Boat Oni and Female Oni are kinda generic. But Nue and Bat Bitch are fucking great, especially Nue. Even Boat Oni was a lot of fun. Minor bosses and duels are great as well.

Combat = 8/10. My biggest issue is that there's a shit ton of coo moves to do but they only really work on common mooks who can die in a couple hits. Magic, spirit animals, and all the various tools at your disposal still make it really good.

Level design = 6-7/10. Lots of copied and pasted assets it seems. Level 1 from the beta/alpha is pretty well-paced. Level 2 from the alpha (the one with the bat bitch) is decent. Both are fucking massive. They're basically divided into three acts. Level 1 = country side, burning village, beach. Level 2 = outside the cave, cavern dungeons, bottom of the cave. This level from the last chance demo was eh, felt a little like level 1 from the beta/alpha. However, its Twilight version is fucking great and brutal, love all the yokai designs. Level 2 (the nue level) is the best level that has come out so far -- lots of unique mechanics, interesting layout, ninjas, and the nue. My biggest complaint is lack of unique mechanics for the levels. I liked the nue level because you could knock down trees and fall in the water with all those ghouls.

Difficulty = 8/10. Honestly don't think its that hard for me, but I feel like it could be near impossible for the average joe.

Armor designs = 10/10 as well

Weapon variety = 10/10. Weapon types have stances and a huge ass skill tree. Combined with all those magic spells and items and guardian spirits. Quite a lot.

I'd give the game based on what I played of the demos a 9/10. Could be a 10/10 if it was a more polished.

When does the beta end? I haven't had a chance to go on yet but I got all next week off

downloading

does this game use equip load %?

Ends later today. Meant for this weekend only.