So many fucking dungeons does is this game confirmed to have?

So many fucking dungeons does is this game confirmed to have?

And don't tell me 100+shrines. I mean actual bona-fide Zelda dungeons.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=taGJ7cdKN1o
youtube.com/watch?v=aNP3eQ1ct1Q&t=6268
youtube.com/watch?v=u-IM1jw2-Ho
twitter.com/AnonBabble

At least 7; the eagle mech, the lizard mech, the camel mech, the elephant mech, Hyrule Castle, Death Mountain, and Spectical Rock.

They haven't said anything about that. I like that they are keeping most of the info secret until the game gets released.

Because they know it's a small number.

Is it confirmed that the giant robots are dungeons or are they just bosses? Both, even, I guess are possible.

>mech
What? What's the source for this?

No one knows yet.

its probably the standard 5 or 6. how many did oot have

The trailer.

>phone posting
>grammar nightmare

Yup he's a nintenyearold

Probably 7, like this:

3 dungeons to gain access to the Master Sword - as in most Zelda games.

And then the 4x Super Gaurdian Dungeons to access Ganon's castle.

And Ganon's castle will be a final pseudo dungeon.

nobody knows, but I'd estimate 7 or 8, and here's my reasoning:

>trailer depicts what appears to be the dungeon interior to a giant sheikah mech (mechanical cogs, sheikah tech lighting, a brain-shaped object, etc.)
>we know for a fact there are 4 of these mechs already
>hyrule castle is a guaranteed dungeon in this series
>as is a death mountain dungeon of some sort (which the latest trailer appears to be depicting)
>there's also those 2 stone statues in the forest from wayyy back in the gameawards 2014 footage, where Aonuma commented to say how suspicious they looked, and they may be marking the location of a dungeon - we know these statues still exist, too, they can be seen off in the distance in some shots
>finally, there's that giant carving in the desert that was teased for a few seconds in the trailer, which looks like a dungeon entrance to me

skip to 26:00 in this video
youtube.com/watch?v=taGJ7cdKN1o

8 + Final Dungeon

Quality > quantity

>implying they don't already have both with those shrines

With 120 shrines, we will be seeing some repeated assets and puzzles here and there.

>Quality > quantity

I geuss you didn't hear they have 100s of the same objectives over and over again.

Fucking right? A small amount of higher quality main dungeons and then 120 fucking 15 minute mini dungeons. The shrines alone add 30ish hours of puzzles, I am not mentally prepared for that

>open world zelda game

hi

Should be 8 like any other Zelda game

4 giant beasts, 4 static dungeons & Hyrule Castle

Yeah dude, the idea already sucked back in 1987, I can't believe the series even got a 2nd installment

I was just about to make this thread, because I far as I can tell this is the only unknown that could possible completely screw the quality of the game up.

With the possibility of debacle You think shitposters would be all over this but instead they want to scream about Zelda's eyebrows or something? It makes no fucking sense

You're clearly not mentally pre-paid for bad open world game design, this is the sad thing about nintendrones, they literally missed out on the open world meme, and now we get to watch them burn in real time, can't wait lol

"I can't wait to do the same shit 100s times over again!"

>mechs

Did I miss something?

Nintenfriends already got their Nintendo brand open world game
and the design open world was pretty good actually

>mfw bracing myself for the inevitable disappointment that Link's standard green outfit will probably end up being the end all "super upgraded does everything" armor

I'm excited at the idea of glamour slots and silly costume pieces, though. I hope the game has it.

My hope for gear is that there's stuff that doesn't degrade, but that this non-degrading stuff isn't also the strongest on top of never breaking

Master Sword + Hylian Shield and green tunic is almost destined to be the end game equipment, I bet some other nostalgic stuff like LTTPs upgraded swords will be high level rewards too.

Oh shit I completely forgot that equipment can break. I knew weapons could, can armor too?

>mfw I got the magic sword in Hyrule Warriors

Zelda II is unironically one of my favorite Zelda games so I shit a brick when I saw that was Link's T3 sword.

Hopefully at least 8.

And it better not be 2 forests, 2 mountains, 1 water dungeon, a weird ass dungeon with 90% of the puzzles of the game, a boring cave and 10 minutes Ganon's castle.

>can armor too?

I actually don't think it can.
They've seemed to incentivized armor swapping in other ways.
They mentioned that if you wear iron armor in a thunder storm, you're gonna have a bad time.
And there's the heat management stuff too.

NOSEYBONK!?

>Emblem
>Ruby
>Sapphire
>Flashback
>4 Guardians
>Ganon's Tower/Hyrule Castle

Flashback can be removed obviously, but it'll at least be playable, whether its a dungeon or not is a different story.

because they don't want to spoil too much. Your blind hatred is blinding you user

this, also MonolithSoft are helping develop BotW as well

The shrines aren't 15 minutes.

They're like, 5 at most.

I mean actual bona-fide Zelda dungeons.
0 - that's ZERO.
Just those 100+ waypoint collectathon literally Portal Reddit puzzle shrines. Gotta cater to those casual Neonintendo Wii babby nugamers.

Nobody knows.

I'm okay with it having at least 4 dungeons. Many people liked Majora Mask despite the low number of dungeons.

>10 hours of content which is already longer than the vast majority of games these days

OH NO!
Not true at all Shitposter-kun, they already stated that there were actual Dungeons that weren't the Shrines.

>literally Portal Reddit puzzle shrines
this statement gave me cancer

>all those buzzwords
OD'd on shitposting.

It's gonna be 5.

Back when Game Explain mapped out the world layout of the footage we had seen outside the plateau there were ~4 locations on the horizon in various shots that were always hidden by clouds.
Example:
youtube.com/watch?v=aNP3eQ1ct1Q&t=6268
Though I forget where else in that 2 fucking hour long video that talk about the clouded areas

Then you add the inevitable final dungeon that is Hyrule Castle

can you put more buzzwords, maybe 24 or 25?

>missed out on the open world meme
Nigger, what? The original Zelda game was fucking open world, it basically invented/popularized the concept of that for games.

but back then we didn't know about the dungeons inside of the sheikah mechs

that's because Majora's Mask had more small dungeons and every area is packed with enemies

You must be retarded, First Zelda is open world, LTTP is open world

At some point during development, Nintendo realised that the game would be ported to the Switch - handheld hybrid.

Having lots of the smaller bite-sized shrines plays to the strengths of gaming on-the-go.

It's a concept which is lost on you because you know fuck all about good game design.

>we

Holy shit, GameExplain postin on Sup Forums

psh, gamexplain doesn't browse Sup Forums, we'd be far too busy with the BotW Switch analysis video for that

5 or 6. Will be like WW, open world with little discoveries will try to make up for not having 8 or 9.

Pretty sure they said in a recent discussion they are not doing another BotW analysis since its so close to release

do you know where they said this?

Hinted that there's 4 mechs that are supplying defense to Hyrule Castle then the castle itself

youtube.com/watch?v=u-IM1jw2-Ho
At around 16 minutes

Fug i want a mount blade game in zelda universe

I think one of them might.

As long as there's 4 proper dungeons, I think that the shrines will make up for it.

Simple facts:

The Master Sword is severely damaged and in need of repair. Normally in Zelda games, it takes 3 dungeons to restore it (Wind Waker only had two but that was due to cuts).

So likely there will be 3 dungeons to get the sword. Then the 4 large guardian dungeons and then finally Ganon's castle. That makes 8.

This follows the template for all core Zelda games.: A 3 dungeon quest, then a major shift in story line before opening up new quest of set dungeons.

Plus the rumored 100 mini shrines.

>Rumored

user, you haven't heard the news. The guide is up for preorder and there's apparently 120 shrines, and over 80 sidequests.

Obviously i'm talking about modern gaming you complete tools

I think the Great Deku Tree manages to restore the sword over the 100 years that it's been sitting in the pedestal in the Sacred Grove and this causes Link to awaken, hence why it's called the Master Sword of Resurrection