ITT: Weird/Bad ports

ITT: Weird/Bad ports

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l5VMuSJudk4
youtube.com/watch?v=pYAwupPdY0k
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>resident evil 4: dead rising
It was ok, but interesting

Pretty much any ps3/360 game that got ported to the wii or ps2.

It's not terrible but definitely not ideal

I forgot how bad this was...

i remember it being pretty decent for a gbc port

On a related note, why did they fuck up the GBA ports so much? Sure it's playable but about everything is worse than the SNES version.

It's saying something when a port can be called a main contribution to a market crash

>posts any wii/wii u ports
Remember COD4 on the wii? I remember it could hold 4 players online max lmao

Unironically loved this desu. Still have no plans on ever playing the PC version.

Does this even count as a port?
It's like calling this a port.

Ironicaly enough it played a million times better than with a shit analog stick.

Not that it matters that much when the game was available on PC though.

>4 players
12 players and it was fun as fuck

played lots of cod black cocks on the wii, best version imo

Faggot.

it sucked.

Dude, what if we made A shoot and B jump?

The WiiU had a lot of strange, forgotten ports for some reason.

How was it bad?

I'm glad I'm not the only one so annoyed by that

The Wii U is a strange, forgotten console.

that was an original title in the series though.

this on the other hand

I only ever played the GBA versions. What was wrong with them?

Do any of you guys recommend this?
Experience any emulation problems?

true

Obligatory

CoD4 on the wii was the shit.
Actual leaning and the multiplayer was great.

whoops posted the wrong batman game, but I suppose both work

horrible horrible performance

op image is pretty much a reskinned RE4 with DR shit tacked on than a port to the wii.
It counts

A lot of PS3 ports performed worse than the 360 & PC versions of third party games.

PS3 was more of a chore for developers to make games for.

Any fighting game made for the gameboy was bound to be pretty bad

I actually 100% this on PS3, only really noticed the bad frame rate on the elevators near the end of the game. No idea why they halved halos earned either for PS3

Only people who played it before the patch complain about it. After the patch it ran as smooth as the 360 version.
None beat the WiiU version though, and I've owned all 3 versions.

People wondering why this is up here, unlike DK Land, which replicated the original physics of the DKC on SNES, this version merely tried to copy DKC physics and failed. It had to do with trying to match the scale which lead to less accuracy due to change in resolution.

the port for 3 was interesting. David Wise didn't compose the original but was brought back to compose the port.

I was talking to the guy that posted RE:Gaiden, not the OP

I rented it out of curiosity once. Seemed like a good port to me. Decay was pretty fun to splitscreen with a friend.

remember that time when a fan made their own gba port just to prove it could be done and sega had no excuse for how godawful this is? and now he's working with them on sonic mania?

Pick your poison

didn't the wii u get ports of mass effect and deus ex?

I raise you.

>Let's port this FMV laser-disc game
>to the equivalent to an NES but even lower resolution

And they pulled it off, the absolute madmen.

It's actually an incredibly solid version of the game. Coop mode alone makes it worth picking up.

It also works with mouse and keyboard.

Metal gear solid snake eater for 3ds

Pretty much any shooter ported to the 3ds is shit

They didn't even get the fucking skybox to work

already posted the mass effect port and yes, the WiiU DID have a forgotten Deus Ex port

> the ps1/ps2 versions are never used as a baseline for future ports

Goddamit.

Yeah, got a port of ME3 alright, only for every other major console to get a collection of all three games in a bundle for cheaper shortly before its launch.

>It was ok
>BUT interesting

Does this even count?

I win

Thanks, guess I'll give it a go at some point.

>activate gyroscope aiming in menu
>play as sniper using the gyro to aim
>no game has anything like this and it makes me sad

The majority of PS2 ports are garbage.

Jesus christ, just listen to this
youtube.com/watch?v=l5VMuSJudk4

Who even bought this...?

That screenshot is a blatant fucking LIE. Look up actual footage of the Vita port.

One you probably never heard of: Resident Evil 4 Zeebo
youtube.com/watch?v=pYAwupPdY0k

How is it a bad/weird port?

There's absolutely no reason to play the GBA Tony Hawk games now, but they were impressive as all hell back then.

This is literally making me uncomfortable

not bad, but weird because who the hell bought it

Funny enough, the director's cut was originally exclusive to the WiiU with all those extra's eventually being ported elsewhere and like Rayman it got pushed back for multiplat release

Honestly the WiiU had a lot of good ports that made some really fun uses of the gamepad

Street Fighter Alpha 2 on SNES was a weird one.

This enhanced port was published by Nintendo and was supposed to be exclusive or something and was too, quickly forgotten and ported to PS3 and Xbox 360 a year later.

I'm worried the Switch is getting drop by 3rd parties after the 1st year since it's not even getting these kind of ports.

>Armored Edition

Catwoman's cleavage is censored in that version and the new feature is that armor that makes the game easier, I guess Rocksteady and WB games thought only kiddies being watch their parents would play Wii U. I hate this Nintendo is for babies meme.

Why the hell would they remove half the point of the damn game in this port?

people who owns the xboner instead of a piss4 and doesn't have a peecee strong enough to play the port of it

It had long loading times and framerate drops in one area, but I still loved it since it was my first time playing portal and half life.

If you had a proper controller from another system, this wound up being the most faithful port of the arcade game for quite a little while.

>doesn't have a peecee strong enough to play the port of it

There isn't a PC port yet

TF2 was never updated for it either

>Catwoman's cleavage is censored in that version
I thought that was because of the new costume that matches Batman's armor?

>saw it on sale on psn on my ps3
>bought it thinking it was the ps3 version
>its the vita version
>double check
>its the vita version
well there went $4.99 I could have used to buy something else, thanks brain

fug

are there really people who like jrpgs/final fantasy who have an xbox and not a ps4?

Lol

i fucking loved that game. mine had a dead battery so to beat i had to sit there for 8 hours doing nothing but playing dk. top tier game 10/10.

BAD PORTS

Borderlands 2 Vita - Seriously low framerate. At least they got it working that's something
Broken Sword GBA - It's the first game with disgusting, warped visuals and NO voice acting.
Doom 32X - Soundtrack is replaced by farting noises.
Halo 2 PC - Was locked to vista when it started and you had to log into live. Massive framerate issues and enormous mouse issues.
Splinter Cell PC - It's not exactly bad but there are a ton of lighting effects missing which were on Xbox which is disappointing.
Bioshock 1 (The Collection) - This is the port to modern consoles. While it runs at 60 FPS and makes the animations run at 60 as well there are so many lighting and sound issues it's not funny.
Mass Effect 1 / 2 PS3 - Awful framerates and an incredible amount of missing graphical features compared to 360.
Crysis 360 / PS3 - Uses the Crysis 2 engine to reimagine Crysis 1. It looks uncanny.
Final Fantasy XIII / XIII-2 PC I've never gotten these to run well. Lighting Returns seems to be an exception on PC.
Batman Arkham City Wii U - Horrible framerate. Butchered visuals. Bizarre costume changes.

WEIRD PORTS

Max Payne GBA - The entire game reimagined in a 2D pespective.
Splinter Cell Double Agent Xbox / PS2 / Gamecube - Totally different to the PC and 360 version.
Starcraft 64 - It works but doesn't feel good to play.
Command and Conquer 64 - Actually has 3D models and environments and controls which feel good for console.
Doom GBA - You wouldn't think it could run on it. The music for levels is out of order for some reason.
Doom 3 Xbox - I'm just impressed Xbox can run this game and run it so well.
Half-Life 2 Xbox - As above.
Half-Life Dreamcast - Although it was never released you can download it and most of the game is actually there.
Duke Nukem N64 - That remixed soundtrack. Holy shit. Also quite different visually.
Morrowind Xbox - It's all there and it works but with extra fogging and low resolution.

I did. Looks pretty blurry and has some framerate drops. Strangely enough, the frame-pacing issues from the PS4 versions are completely gone, though.

I played a lot of this, had decent music iirc

Are you trying to say this game is somehow any better on any other platform?

All things considered when it comes to all those weird 3DS ports of console games from a half-decade or more prior, it's probably the best of the bunch. Far from an ideal way to play this game, but it does some neat Kojima-like gimmicks such as turning off the 3D effect when aiming in first person after the point in the game when Snake's eye gets shot.

how is the wiiU version?

That exists?

I didn't even know Mass Effect 3 was on the Wii U.

>Batman Arkham City Wii U - Horrible framerate. Butchered visuals. Bizarre costume changes.
Framerate was only bad when traveling quickly through the city and the visuals were on par with the other console versions
The gamepad was so fucking fun to use though, too bad the later games sucked shit.

I don't know if this counts as a port, but it's a good game.

How is the SNES port of Doom?

The PS3 version is only mildly better than the Vita version anyway so you really didn't fuck up that bad.

This is really good, only suffers from XYAB camera

>If Konami made a New 3DS patch to this game it could probably run perfectly fine

Too bad they won't touch this game