Is g2a legit? It looks like a fucking scam, but my friends occasionally buy games from there

Is g2a legit? It looks like a fucking scam, but my friends occasionally buy games from there.

Other urls found in this thread:

twinfinite.net/2016/06/dev-going-buy-g2a-please-pirate-game-instead/
pastemagazine.com/articles/2016/06/indie-dev-tinybuild-lost-450000-to-fraudulent-sale.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Mostly legit.

How do sites like this work? How do they make a profit for selling games for cheap

I've never had a problem with it.
I recommend using paypal.

there are a few scamers on there

The site itself is legit. However the keys on there may come from shady sources like stolen credit cards.

literally the shadiest grimiest company in the gaming market.

The profit off stolen keys and stolen ncredit cards used to purchase keys. game developers literally lose millions because of these fucking scam artists.

Seriously don't buy from this shit. just pay the extra 5 dollars to support your developers. (as long as its not EA)

A lot of their game codes come from stolen credit cards and shit.

They sell fucking INSURANCE for the chance that the devs revoke the keys that were bought through CC fraud.

>buying reseller keys doesn't help developer
>gamestops entire business model is literally reselling games
>no uproar
yeah, go fuck yourself buddy. People just pick on places like cdkeys and g2a because its "hip" but as far as the developers profits are concerned its no different than buying used games at gamestop.

it's literally Ebay but for game keys. I've bought a couple games from their but stopped because I realize the money isn't going to the devs and I want to support my hobby. Anyways its just as legit as Ebay and if you have the insurance then you're guaranteed to get the game.

I bought Rocket League off g2a and then a few months later steam revoked it from my account, probably due to some claim. I emailed G2A and they gave me my money back.

>been buying games from cdkeys for years at insane discounts, usually at least half off months before the game is even available
>never once been scammed or had any problems whatsoever
>have 3 friends who have been doing the same
>not a single issue
is this a reverse shill thread? Sure feels like it

g2a is legit, pretty shit, you don't get support unless you buy the shitty shield.
use cdkeys instead

>gamestops entire business model is reslling games

no it isn't you fucking dumbfuck. their business model is being a retailer. you don't get discounts at gamestop for buying a $60 game. you go in "i want to buy bf1". well thats $60. because they buy the copies from the creators and sell them for a percentage of the profit. g2A is completely different.

>its no different then buying games at gamestop

you have no fucking clue what you are talking about you contrarian idiot.

twinfinite.net/2016/06/dev-going-buy-g2a-please-pirate-game-instead/

pastemagazine.com/articles/2016/06/indie-dev-tinybuild-lost-450000-to-fraudulent-sale.html

off yourself immediately.

Oh. Fuck off.

g2a is cancer. You fuck off.
see

so instead of buying resold keys or used games just pirate? it helps the dev exactly as much while also costing less money for (you)

as an employee at gamestop, you dont know what the flying fuck you are talking about you little autismo

do you know what the profit margins are on new games/systems/accesories? 5%

gamestops ENTIRE business model is preowned shit. The fucking SECOND that a console generation goes 100% digital gamestop is fucked. If a customer walks in and says "I want BF1" what does the employee say? "we have that preowned for $55" because selling it new does NOTHING for the company you ignorant retard

gamestop sells used games as well user

people recently got Castle of Illusion removed from their steam accounts because they bought it ages ago from key pirates masquerading as legit online sellers

>ignores literally the rest of the post specifying that devs literally lost half a million and encourage people to just pirate teh games over than buying from g2a

solid dude. nice meme my friend.

>walk into gamestop
>want bf1
>expecting the employee to just hand you a brand new copy for $60 and not push a used copy on you

this is definitive proof that this manchild has never left his mommys basement

this doesn't change the fact that the new game is still $60 are you retarded?

>developers want people to pirate instead of buy from g2a or cdkeys
>this is because buying from those websites keeps them in business
>if people pirated instead, then those sites would die off
>with denuvo around, it is becoming increasingly harder for people to pirate games
>it is still in the consumers best interest to buy a WORKING COPY from a shady reseller than to pirate them and have that reseller die off and leave the consumer with literally no options

yeah nah, fuck off m8

>the point
>your head

yes pirating the games is better than buying them from a key reseller OR buying used copies from gamestop
except the used game market is mostly console games which are harder to pirate

>Like stolen credit cards
So would using my credit card on it be a bad move?

It's been years now and all the keys I've purchased from sellers on g2a are fine. There is one simple rule for buying from G2a; you look at how many ratings the seller has and their score. Higher score and more ratings? You know they've had successful transactions in the past.

>I bought Rocket League off g2a and then a few months later steam revoked it from my account, probably due to some claim. I emailed G2A and they gave me my money back.

i bought rocket league on g2a too
fuck, i better enjoy it while it lasts

I think he means that g2a acts like a fence, they get the keys without asking any questions about how the keys were "acquired"

ever play that one oblivion quest in the imperial city market district where the new guy in town opens a shop with crazy low prices that's driving everyone else out of business?

The keys are legit but the process to acquire them are shady. If your key gets refunded in any way you will lose your game on Steam and say goodbye to whatever money you spent on it. I use it to buy MMO timecards but I wouldnt use it for a legit game.

Yes. The game glitches out and every npc in the city went outside and beat each other to death.

Essentially this. I've purchased a shit load of games from g2a and only had one that was revoked. Check the sellers out and pay with paypal. Most of the games are legit and come from the third world which is why they're so cheap. Sure there is some fraud with some keys (it's an easy way to launder money) but 99% of the keys you get should be good and they will be cheaper than you can get anywhere else. It's just how it goes if you want a legit copy of the game and you don't want to pay out the ass.

I immediately bought it off G2A again after they refunded me. It was like $7 cheaper than what I originally purchased at and its been fine ever since. You're good dude

or just shell out $5 more you poorfag and actually support developers instead of them just not making another game because they lost X million due to resellers.

your point was irrelevant.

>Only had one revoked

Do you get a message if your steam game is no longer valid? Or does it just quietly disappear?

Except one is legal and the other isn't. One violates the game's ToS and the other doesn't. One allows access to populated multiplayer servers and the other doesn't. etc, etc.

Bought twice from G2A, scammed once. Never again. I would understand if they got me a different region key, but they just gave me a duplicate key and called it a day.

I know the feeling

Ignoring how much of a gaymo you sound, do you honestly give a fuck what any dev thinks?

Yeah on my Steam account I got a message saying "Your game xxxx has been revoked due to credit card fraud related to the cd key" or something like that and then it was taken off of my account. I didn't buy the g2a shield so I was out a couple of dollars, just went back to the site and bought a different copy. The key is to check the seller like that other user said. Make sure they have good ratings and a good amount of reviews. Don't buy from no-stars or new profiles, there's a reason they're new and it's because they're going to pump and dump dirty keys.

I remember hearing years ago that people could get their entire accounts banned because of this shit, even though they didn't directly commit the fraud themselves.

>Like that other user said

That was me actually. I just wanted some clarification on whether you're notified if games get removed or not.

Maybe years ago but I doubt it happens now. G2A is a major sponsor for esports and shit and Steam wouldn't go around banning their customers when many of them still spend money in the Steam store.

I'm literally a game developer and have lost money to these fucks.

Yes, I care, this is my livelihood and determines whether or not we can afford to make a new game or not or even properly support our existing titles.

If devs actually care about making money on their game they need to get it out there for cheap on the humble bundle and by being part of sale promotions.

If you're a dev selling your game for a high amount and the only place to get it for cheap is from g2a I'm either going to pirate it or go buy a key from g2a. Nothing personal, I'm just not overpaying for some fucking indie game.

If your game was good, people will buy it. If it sucks or you use DRM, I'll happily pirate it. Deal with it faggot.

>I'm literally a game developer and have lost money to these fucks.
Right, because people are just stealing keys

So, you're saying that doesn't happen to you often?

>was thinking about buying a used xbox 360 in the future
so I should go to ebay instead? I don't want to give microsoft any money directly if possible

g2a used to just be bongland GMG, did they change?

GMG was always bongland user

nothing we sell is over $30. but even our $20 game people pirate or buy from g2a because its $14 on G2A.

they do, it's been proven many times.

what game(s)

Depression Quest.

Literally anywhere that isn't Microsoft or a major retailer that sells used.

yeah you personally probably won't get fucked over by buying on g2a but youre still supporting what is essentially a criminal enterprise

just pirate unless it's for multiplayer shit where you need a legit copy

>zoe quinn

they banned me from buying games from them for no reason, fuck em

Keen Software House

Pls do as he asks. Pirate or shell out the extra $4

I emailed your company and said someone on their team is telling us to pirate their games.

Used game sales dont give anything to the devs you wet towel

someone had to buy it legit in the first place fuckhead. They don't front g2a.

I only use it for yesteryear's CoD titles and random mediocre games and I havent been dicked yet

If you are who you actually claim to be, games like Space Engineers have been sold for cheap in humble bundles. Majority of keys on G2a right now would most likely be from people buying them from humble and putting them up for sale there. So no, the devs have already potentially gotten their money for the copies they gave to humble.

I bought a PS+ key from they but some polacks ran away with my money and never sent me the key. Use at your own risk.

How much are old CoDs? They never go on sale on Steam

Likewise, retailers may stop carrying consoles because they make nothing on them and they take up tons of shelf space. They sell them now because people come back for games, which are a bit better

we do that to dissuade G2A usage, but its pretty innevitable in the end because people just horde the keys from the sale then resell after the sale is over, making our new price-point the sale price. It's a race to the bottom that we can't win.

just port your games to console. those fags will pay whatever they have to because they can't afford a gaymen pc

nobody would make a profit by buying $20 cdkeys and selling them on G2A for $16 you retard

they're stolen or paid for with stolen credit cards

same thing happened to me when I bought GTA V and the niggers banned me before I can contact support

After the Steam sales started dying and Bethesda refused to make Fallout 3 lower than $10 on sale I bought it from G2A for $5 so I could run Tale of Two Wastelands. I feel no remorse whatsoever about cheating Bethesda out of money.

The only other times I use it is immediately after a Humble Monthly when people are offloading keys for $2, because if I don't get it someone will. Beyond that G2A honestly doesn't give out enough of a discount in normal circumstances to justify dealing with such shady shit.

>I feel no remorse whatsoever about cheating Bethesda out of money.
literally just pirate
it's $5 cheaper

Not that user
Anywhere from $8-25

The key to g2a pricing is see the face price (the one listed) and add $3 that's usually what you'll pay when alls said and done. (if you didn't buy the shield that is)

I need a legal version of the game to have the mod work
Unless the mod creator lied to me, in which case I guess I'm out 5 dollars.

thats exactly what i'm saying.... i think you're retarded.

The mod creator is saying that so he won't get in legal trouble for encouraging piracy.

>they're stolen or paid for with stolen credit cards
not always. say a guy is in debt with some bad people. he goes and buy 10k worth of keys on his credit and then resells them to get about 8k of value because he undercuts. the guy later claims bankruptcy so it evens out. this kind of shit happens all the time. it's not necessarily stolen keys.

>Resident Evil 7 is $35 on G2A right now

I really liked the demo and was going to pay full price, but this is tempting.

>I need a legal version of the game to have the mod work

No you don't. The mod creators just say that so their site doesn't get shut down.

>Feeling remorse about cheating bethesda

Shit, I'm about to go to g2a right now to buy their games, I don't even want them. Fuck Bethesda.

Well fug
I don't even like Fallout 3 I just wanted to try the mod and now this stain of a game that doesn't even boot up on W10 is infecting my library

Literally nothing wrong with G2A, the keys aren't stolen, they're purchased in other areas of the world where the the game is cheaper and resold for a profit to you. The devs get money as if you were a citizen of whatever country the person originally bought it in

anyone want to spoonfeed me with some beginner info to get into oblivion?