PC gaming is more expensive than consoles!

>PC gaming is more expensive than consoles!

Allow me to educate you once more:

>for one you can get a PC with similar specs to the newest consoles out now if that's what you desire. My personal rig is around 1200 bucks in total but you could easily get a functional gaymen PC for 400-500 bucks and I can multitask on it to.

Now let's take a console into consideration
>400$ for console(450$ here at launch for a PS4 if you use beaverbucks.)
>70$ for new controllers
>65-80$ for additonal games(80+$ with tip is 92$ with tax.)
>online subscription
>headsets cost extra
>will break down(PS4 disc drives are already breaking now. Not to mention most consoles now use a leadless sauder to connect the CPU and GPU will will inevtibly lead to hairjoint cracks and cause the board to warp. Enjoy your YLOD/RROD again
>ceramic shitty cheap thermal paste that will dry out in 2 years.
>then they charge you to fix it
>breaks warranty if you try to fix it yourself
>most games on console are on PC now
>can pirate games if you're poor. Good luck trying to mod consoles most of the time you need to sauder shit.

The ONLY thing console has over PC is usually a bigger playerbase and the PC can get shitty ports sometimes but other than that why are you still gaming on consoles? why are you even an idort? the most justifiable position I can think of is a Nintendo portable and a PC.

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/b3Jgqk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

All true, but PC gamer base is way larger than many first assume.

Just last year alone, it generated more cash than the entire mobile game industry in total. There's 125 million active Steam users worldwide, some 12 million WoW players alone (some may overlap with Steam users, but still), and so on. This ain't even counting the special snowflake Asian and Ruskie MMOs and shooters that seldom get any recognition in the west, but tend to have hunderds-of-thousands to several million players at best.

Meanwhile, as of late 2016, there was said to be "only" 35.5 million sold PS4 units. Some of those are obviously not used by home users, and some people also bought a second machine after the Pro upgrade boom started just recently.

>sauder

I like looking at games on my shelf.

Only active PC communities are
LOL
DOTA 2
CSGO
Overwatch
WOW

If you want to play a real game with a community, get a console.

Same.
But better say bye bye to that trend, since EVERYTHING is going digital now. Physical copies will be special snowflakes soon, probably pre-order / limited edition kind of pieces.

I have a pc that can play league and overwatch, PC is also pretty good for shitposting. I use my ps4 to play multiplats and exclusives though.

It's only in America where consoles are the mainstream. In bongland if you were talking to people at uni/work about something game related, you'd assume they have a PC.

>Defcon
>Darwina
Nice

Random question but I see you have the limited edition of Spore. I found that at a thrift store the other day for like 7 bucks and picked it up but the key didn't work on steam. It didn't even say it was a duplicate product code. Where are you suppose to redeem it?

Beautiful.

I opened this thread to make sure this was posted

it's an EA game, so Origin.

show me your PC build that can play Bloodborne, RDR2, Persona 5 and Nioh pcuck

Hey guys, I love console and handheld gaming. Just bought a N3DS to replace my 3DSXL, which I bought to replace my 3DS.

I'm sure some PCuck has something funny to say about this, but oh hey, it's time for the monthly RAM upgrade. Ta ta.

All I want is a PC which can play modern games with okay res (1080p I guess?) at playable framerates (30+) at a decent price but I don't know a fucking thing about PCs so I'll probably die instead

>buying a shitty pc with locked hardware/software and only being able to play whatever Sony lets you play
>controller for fps
>paying for the privilege of using your own internet to play online

no fucking thanks. I don't care if it's cheaper. I'm not supporting that shit.

Most portable games can be emulated well, even DS. But I only like having a portable when having a pc because it's well...portable.

I don't even like Laptops because they're prone to breaking down way too easy. If I were to get a laptop it probably be one of those military grade laptops you can find online. even gaming laptops get clogged with dust and shit and laptops are way harder to fix than desktops..

>consolikids thinking they're some hot shit for owning physical copies
step it up, familiar.

Build one yourself. You can easily make a "PS4 killer" machine with mere 300$ nowadays. Bump it up to 500 bucks, and you get a true workhorse that BTFO all consoles 3-0. Double that, and you may literally not need to change or upgrade anything about it for a 5-7 years (this is what I did back in 2011, and it's been awesome).

Also I wish this piece of shit program would stop incorrectly displaying my MB as that hot because I know it's not when checking the bios. Why haven't they updated/fixed this shit already?

>here's a list that i made w/o any supporting data

Show me a ps4 revision that can play pillars of eternity, planet coaster, civ vi and star citizen. It should also have free online, full backwards compatibility, modding, and be capable of emulation without having to purchase roms of games you already own.

>star citizen
LITERALLY making games up

"shitty port" on PC usually means "1:1 port of the console version". PC users just have higher standards for their games.

>Dota 2 and CSGO currently have 636k and 721k players at this very moment
Firstly, jesus christ if those are the actual numbers
Secondly, you have some very high standards of what counts as an active community.

Play GTAIV on PC and let me know if it's playable.

What year do you live in user?

>windows and peripherals are never included in the price of a gaming build
>meanwhile a console comes with everything you need and everyone already owns a tv

also you can get a ps4 for under $300, though I built my pc because I wanted to play GTA V on it with better graphics and mods and never bought a ps4

cheap shitty "le console killer pc XDD" guides are dumb as fuck if you want to play modern games on it, I have no problem if you want to play older games on it since they will play better, but playing modern games on it just won't work. Especially GTA V where a cpu just powerful enough to play it cost around $200(i5 6500)

>300$
That's a bit of a stretch unless you're buying second hand. 8gb memory, 1tb hdd, pentium g4560 and gtx 1050 ti with a decent motherboard (preferably overclockable since it would be a waste not to use that potential) already costs over 400 dollars. add a decent case and maybe optical media to that and its at 500 dollars. Then add a decent keyboard and mouse and you're approaching 600 dollars. then a display on top of that, although adding that to the total price would be unfair since nobody counts the price of a tv when buying a console either.

what would your PS4 killer look like?

Oh shut up retard and just pirate the fucking OS nice try.

>My personal rig is around 1200 bucks in total but you could easily get a functional gaymen PC for 400-500 bucks
not for the same specs as a ps4/xbone
>inb4 I bought all parts for my high end pc at a yard sale for 3 dollars

this is what I'm talking about
>$300
even IF you get good enough parts, price of the OS($100) and cheap peripherals(~$25) will be out of people's reach

kys, if you are that much of a poorfag, gaming should be the LEAST of yoyr worries

you don't need a 1080 and a "fancy case" even with storage you can do fine with a 500GB if you're just using it for gaming. And maybe 4GB of ram if you wanna push it. That's what the shitty PS4 and xbone have anyway.

Try again.

>just pirating the OS, faggot lol
the only defense you will ever get out of a PCuck

>>windows and peripherals are never included in the price of a gaming build
>meanwhile a console comes with everything you need and everyone already owns a tv

because people are as likely to own a half decent monitor, mouse and keyboard as they are to have a TV

I seriously hope you are being sarcastic

>the only defense
>he's gonna pay for an OS

yes, because I'm not poor

I play it on my garbage laptop just fine.

its a 1050 ti, that's a budget GPU that costs around 150 dollars, not a 1080.

i said nothing about a fancy case.

there's no reason to cheap out on storage when a 1TB drive costs like 10 dollars more than a 5GB one.

cheaping out on ram is shit too, many games nowadays easily utilize over 4gb, and you won't be saving much that way either.

i legitimately took your "ps4 killer" as a challenge and i just can't imagine how one would buy a 300 dollar one. Tell me, what parts would that build contain?

for the record, i play on PC too and i'm not defending a PS4 as a economic choice since you'll quickly spend more money than you saved paying premium price for sony peripherals, online subscription and console-price videogames, but a 300 dollar ps4 killer just doesn't sound feasible to me.

>with tip

poor quality

>implying you can't plug a PC into a TV
Shut the fuck up retard

yea good one supporting $soft with their monopoly

>People like this exist

Those are some shitty games right there. God pc has nothing to play besides cancer games like Dota and LoL. You guys bitch about pay online but a bunch of you fags spend hundred of dollars on skins and shit.

>90% of everything on console is on PC
>unknowingly just called consoles shit.

i5-6500
RX 470
8gb RAM
120GB SSD
budget case

You can do that for about 550 or so, not including monitor or accessories.

90%? Stop pulling numbers out your ass.

>You guys bitch about pay online but a bunch of you fags spend hundred of dollars on skins and shit.

There is a huge difference here. Can YOU spot it :)?

it is more expensive than consoles but that depends on the person

i need a high-end pc because i use it for work and need the extra processing power and shit, so at the end I'll get the pc anyway, gaming is a plus so I shoot 2 birds with 1 bullet

If I wanted to play my videogames on a console, I'd have to get a good PC plus a console so I'd spend way more

If you are someone who doesn't need a PC for other stuff, just get a console to play and use your cellphone or tablet for the apps you want

And why do you guys flip the fuck out when a console port comes to PC? I can guarantee you that if Bloodborne released on PC all you fags will be so hype and start shitposting right away.

>God pc has nothing to play besides cancer games like Dota and LoL

Then stop pulling bullshit statements out of your ass

>There's 125 million active Steam users worldwide
But how many of those 125 million are actual mustards vs. people playing a freemium MOBA on a toaster?

PC users are autstic and only care about the way their character looks instead of gameplay?

>Someone actually backing up his words with data

What a fresh breath of air

I don't play online games so community means nothing to me

PC gamers are like vegans and athiests, annoying asswipes that try to convert everyone to their viewpoint

That's 2015 you cuck. Try again. Mostly all "good" PC games look like retro pixel bull shit.

Because there's literally 0% reason for BloodBourne not to be on PC but Sony are japanese jews who want everything to be fucking exclusive(which is fine because most Sony exclusives are shit anyway, God of boring, Shitcharted ect,) but Bloodbourne is actually a good game and at the very least they could announce BB on PC once BB2 comes out. But nope.

It's fine. We already have 3 of the DAS games on PC anyway. It's a shame the best ones arne't on PC though(souls 1 and bloodbourne) but i'll live. it's not worth 400$ to play one game

[spoiler[ red dead 2 better be on fucking PC though there's no reason at this point why it shouldn't be.[/spoiler]

I'm on a pretty strict $500 budget, so I put this together. How'd I do?
pcpartpicker.com/list/b3Jgqk

Oh sorry I forgot CSGO

Use that money to buy weed and fastfood instead.

All you need to beat PS4's GPU is a 660ti, that's less super cheap on ebay and about $70 new. With the new Pentium G4560 you could easily get a pretty decent low-mid settings gaming build for around $400. You would have to go full used parts to get under $300 though.

>skin farming simulator 2017

One of the biggest scourges of PC gaming was skins/cards.

Nice attempt friend!

The big difference here however is the keyword "Mandatory", however. One side HAS to pay for multiplayer while the other side has the FREEDOM to pay for cosmetic changes!

Also generalizing a small group as everyone is a no-no, and "austic" is spelled "autistic".

You tried though, well done :D

Can you stop your autistic screeching now?

>weed
DUDE WEED LMAO
I want to play games not get retarded, faggot

Most PS4 exclusives are shit? Check uncharted and god of war scores. Those games are amazing. How does it feel that Uncharted 4 looks better than any game on PC?

you don't get to disqualify games just because you personally don't like them. It's saying console multiplayer games are shit because it's only sports games and dumb shooters.

Anyone know what would be a direct "upgrade" from this,looking to spend about 150$ max

this dell can barely run windows xp without choking along 5-10 second breaks between opening a new tab ;_;

I don't even care about the games I just need something that can let me work in peace

Playing games over the age of 18 is retarded

I recommend against the ASrock, I've heard they're hit or miss. If you spend a little more on a MOBO you could get faster Ram for practically the same price. Never heard of the case. I recommend spending like, 10bux more and getting the 500w EVGA PSU since its more reliable and then you won't have to swap it if you upgrade. If you go to 530 from 510, you might be able to up it just a bit while doing 1080 pretty well.

>tfw live in NZ and have to spend $1500 to build a mid range set up

I've just given up here t bh. Gonna buy a PS4 in a month or 2

No one HAS to pay if they don't want too you fucking moron. You couldn't even spell my typo.

this

PC gaming IS more expensive than consoles.

My current rig cost me about 2000, around 2700 counting the monitor, the keyboard, mouse and sound system.

I'm a simfag, my Hotas alone were around 450. I'm planning on getting a gen2 HTC vive so I will probably spent about 700 bucks on hardware this year.

I buy a shittone of games, mostly indie crap, and mantain an Arma 3 sever for around 20 bucks a month (with no donations because I'm not a jew)

Our hardware is more expensive, we lack second hand games, our OS is probably the worst, 95% of AAA games are shitty ports.

I do all of this shit, because I'm not poor and I like the few perks that comes with PC gaming (like playing FPS with non retard controllers).

Sure you can probably build a toaster for 400 dollars (still more expensive than a console), but if you are going to build such atrocity you might as well get a console. In my eyes you are a poor peasant any ways.

>PC gaming is more expensive than consoles!
Fucking myth, I got a dustcollector 2000 and I paid like 900 bucks and I got 2 games.

If you don't care about games just buy a tablet. I got a hp stream 8 for like 50 bucks and it does fining for word processing and online sruff. Buy a keyboard for another 2 bucks and you got a shitty lil laptop

Ha no PC gaming is shit everyone knows this already. Show me some good PC games from 2016 and I'll show you some from Sony. I bet you you're gonna show some retro pixel shit.

>now ASSFAGGOTS are good
I was fearing this day would come

Pic unrelated?

Why not go for the $10 cheaper msi 470? It's not a blower, too.

Nobody is disqualify anything. It's a legitimate question. It's not the same thing to play some shit like a MOBA or an indie platformer that anyone can run on a shitty laptop versus the latest AAA multiplats.

>PC gaming IS more expensive than consoles.
>you can probably build a toaster for 400 dollars

Can't have both. Just cuz you have the option to spend more doesn't mean you don't have the option not to.

I'd recommend you use a bit more money and get a Z170 motherboard instead so that you can overclock in the future if you feel like it. i know not having ever built a pc before overclocking sounds like something only a turbohacker knows how to do but nowadays its piss easy, you just go to bios and change a few settings. probably a million guides on youtube. that cpu overclocks very well so it would be a waste to not use that potential.

someone might tell you to change the memory to 2 x 4gb sticks instead since motherboards typically utilize that a bit better. pretty minor difference though. My opinion is get one 8gb stick (like you did) to leave room on the motherboard for later upgrades in case it only has 2 slots for memory.

i checked a review and the power supply apparently isn't that great. i'd buy an XFX 450W one instead.

Hey do what you want but weed makes vidya and makes food taste better.

Actually considering the aggressive response you just gave you could use some weed. Seriously weed actually makes people with autism less autistic for how it effects neuro pathways.

There I gave you science bitch now get high so you can heal.

Pic related you cuck and you know it. Game looks fucking beautiful.

>you could easily get a functional gaymen PC for 400-500
No, you can't not with a RX480/1060 and a respectable i5 anyway and anything below that is outdated garbage that won't last even a year.

>dem floppies
muh nigger

>excited for getting ripped off

pretty graphics, horrendous games.

That image is the closest to an objective measurement you're going to get. Nice to know you got BTFO and can only resort to non arguments.

*tips fedora from r/pcmasterrace*

A PS4 Slim is $300. A good gaming PC costs way more than a console still.

What's the console fag obession with exclusives? All the best games are multi platform.
If the only thing preventing your console from going into obscurity is Jewing the industry out of games, than honestly I'm glad you waste your money on that shit, you don't deserve any better.

tldr

Exactly can't show shit. I win.

You're still supporting M$ by using their OS whether you pay for it or not you retard.