Yikes

Yikes

Other urls found in this thread:

siliconera.com/2016/12/30/week-sales-pokmon-sun-moon-closes-year-top/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why are you surprised?

With them officially announcing BotW to be Wii U's Swan Song and ending production in Japan back in December, we knew it was going to come to an end a long time ago.

Focusing on Switch with just 6 weeks left to launch is the right thing to do.

>officially replaced the Wii U
>3DS there
>"it's seriously a handheld guys, why don't you believe me? ;_;"

why wouldn't it

They're not ready to phase out the 3DS just yet, but they will as long as the Switch isn't a complete and total failure.

I wish it was also replacing the 3DS.

This.

Nintendo is truly retarded at this point. I hope this shit flops hard, they really need a reality check.

So as a person who bought the WiiU on launch and was burned by the horrible support it got, is there any incentive for me to buy the switch?

>but they will as long as the Switch isn't a complete and total failure.
So in other words the 3DS is here to stay

This.

Why get burned once when you can get burned again for twice the price?

THIRD PILLAR EVERYONE

continuing the 3DS' lifespan guarantees Etrian Odyssey 5

i don't see the problem. though i am surprised the wii u isn't branded as a legacy device.

It is, you idiots. They're just keeping the 3DS just in case as a fallback. They did the same thing with the GBA after the DS came out by claiming the DS was just a "third pillar".

It's a hybrid
They have a TV mode; A Tabletop mode (screen on surface controllers detached) and a Handheld (controllers attached) mode designation for games. Not all games Will work on all 3

What kind of successor could they even make for 3DS that doesn't cannibalize Switch?
Nah, I'm waiting for Switch XL pro

Now's the time to buy a Wii U. There's a few games worth trying on it, you'll get to play Zelda (for free, and with an undub if you're a weeb), and all you're actually going to miss out on is the new Mario. Nintendo aren't going to be supporting the Switch after Mario, it's just too much of a money sink for no return.

Not really
Wait until the end of the year and see if there's actually any extended support for it

Year 1 has promising releases at the least if you're interested in

>Zelda Breath of the Wild with less pop-in and higher resolution in console mod
>Mario Odyssey if you're down for a new 3D Mario
>Xenoblade 2, assuming the Western version makes 2017
>Mario Kart 8 GOTY, assuming you haven't already purchase it on Wii U with DLC
>Splatoon 2, which looks to be using new weapons, maps and more single player campaign than the fist one
>Arms if you want Virtual On with boxing gloves
>Snipper Clips for some co-op puzzle fun
>Super Bomberman R if you've played Super Bomberman games and want more of that

I'm sure I've missed a few titles here and there but yeah, seems good to me.

Why the hell would anyone think it would "replace" the 3DS?

3DS hardware and software still sells.

Good luck trying to find one in stores.

3DS is the only thing I still play
I need it to last a while longer, please

Because it's a new Nintendo portable with HDMI output? The only thing preventing it from being a full replacement to the 3DS is the lack of BC. Nintendo portables have traditionally featured BC with previous iterations, since even the original DS and DS Lite were BC with the GBA despite the brand name change.

You'd have to be a braindead fucking retard to buy Nintendo hardware new. Buy a pre-owned model from some retarded kid for 100 bucks, you can hack it in literally 2 minutes and play the entire library off a HDD.

>Not all games Will work on all 3
Source?

>Not buying new for collecting purpose
There aren't any used stores near my area anyways.

Still, why the hell would this replace the 3DS? That would leave Nintendo relying on Switch and Wii U sales until they developed a replacement for the Wii U, which obviously wouldn't be a smart move.

>Mario Odyssey
That trailer gave me some serious Sonic 2006 vibes.

>is there any incentive for me to buy the switch?

Video games

doomed

I don't keep links handy for retards who are out of the loop.

It is replacing the 3DS. Nintendo's handhelds don't die immediately after the successor is released. GBA was still getting games in 2007, and DS's last game was released in 2014

this tbqh

it makes me uneasy that ninty really considers the switch a wii U replacement instead of a 3ds replacement

>source: my ass

Ok.

>collecting
Sorry, I'm not a loser

>>>Zelda Breath of the Wild with less pop-in and higher resolution in console mod
The game will look like ass on both systems. Who cares?
>>Mario Odyssey if you're down for a new 3D Mario
Looks like shit. Honestly, if it was just Sunshine 2, I'd totally pick it up. I enjoyed fludd so much for platforming, ditching him was the biggest mistake 3D mario ever made. Plus, it's been a perfect amount of time for max nostalgia.
>>Xenoblade 2, assuming the Western version makes 2017
Hated the first one.
>>Mario Kart 8 GOTY, assuming you haven't already purchase it on Wii U with DLC
Literally just a port.
>>Splatoon 2, which looks to be using new weapons, maps and more single player campaign than the fist one
Something that should have been DLC, being sold for full price.
>>Arms if you want Virtual On with boxing gloves
>>Snipper Clips for some co-op puzzle fun
>>Super Bomberman R if you've played Super Bomberman games and want more of that
All shovelware trash. Tell me more about how 60 bucks for Bomberman in 2017 makes any kind of sense.

This. Switch is the official blunder machine of 2017. All universally hated games based on universally hated IPs.

Because it will literally be Sonic 06.

I originally bought WiiU for the eventual Zelda BotW, and they fucked me with that too. I probably wouldn't even bother with the switch if it weren't for my kids. Probably just going to wait until early 2018 and see how's the support. Damn, Nintendo really has their claws in their fans.

This is a funny post.

2bad4ninty it won't be replacing the wii u in a lot of people's houses lmao
or in da streets

>Universally hated IPs

u wot

>Mario jumps to break a block
>GREATGREATGREAT

>Pokemon Sun and Moon
>blunder

Do what I do senpai, don't buy till it's got games. Buying a console on launch is just asking to get burned.

You're not exactly a winner yourself if you're too much of a poorfag to afford a new Wii U.

it'll happen within 1-2 years

I really wonder how this is gonna effect Nintendo. Most people already think it is the WiiU 2.0 and the people that got burned are not coming back.

What happens if they sell less units than the WiiU?

shit bait

>What happens if they sell less units than the WiiU?

It's already sold more than the Wii U did in it's first MONTH. This "Nintendo is doomed" meme needs to die.

Even if the Switch fails, they're still going to phase out the 3DS by just making a smaller and more handheld oriented Switch. That's why they moved to the unified OS and combined their console and handheld divisions.

See.>It is replacing the 3DS. Nintendo's handhelds don't die immediately after the successor is released.
The same applies to all consoles.

>Tfw bought Wii U for Sm4sh a few years ago
>Probably ever played 3 games on it that wasnt smash

Even my xbone got more use. This really was a garbage console looking back

But where do the handheld titles go?
Is the next Pokemon or Ace Attorney or Layton or whatever else coming to the Switch?

This is important. Knowing those franchises will come to the Switch will guarantee I purchase one soon after launch. If they aren't I'll wait many years, if I ever get one.

oh fug do you think they will make a new switch XL? I've got a dsiXL and two n3ds XL's maybe I should wait.

>Is the next Pokemon or Ace Attorney or Layton or whatever else coming to the Switch?

Obviously.

>He bought a wii u

Literally why? I never had any reason to buy one. I have 6 reasons why I would buy a Switch

Zelda BotW is coming out for wiiU.

>8 games

Still not enough for me to shell out that kind of money for a console.

I know exactly how you feel except the only 3 games I ever really played was Smash, Mario Kart, and Splatoon.

I bought one for woolly world, after it became hackable.
Get a better job.

Are posts like these serious?

The Switch is the Wii U with less features, lmao. Why would you ever want one if you didn't have a Wii U.

You know, rich people who don't end up broke later are usually misers. Being cautious about spending money =/= being poor.

In my experience, poor people stay poor because they just spend their money on stupid shit that they can " afford "

>Mario Kart 8 Deluxe not even a launch title

Fucking how?

>this is somehow newsworthy

>The Switch is the Wii U with less features
That's literally a good thing

Also features=/= games

MFW you obviously have absolutely no money. Gaming is one the cheapest fucking hobbies.
It's so cheap children can get their parents to pay for it.

To pad out the launch year. You don't want months of drought like the WiiU do you?

idiots/children with nothing better to do with their time, i should know better than to use Sup Forums for anything but beating off but still i stray onto these boards to see whats going on, im fucking off now.

It would be nice to have both. The Wii U at least had one but the Switch has neither.

The Switch doesn't have any games the Wii U doesn't also have.

I'm not the other guy though. I'm just pointing out that telling someone to get a better job because they don't necessarily want to spend 400 dollars getting a console and one Zelda game is dumb, and you should feel bad.

people actually liked sun and moon because they really spiced up the stale formula t b h

>tfw even the Wii had a better 1st party game lineup

>That's why they moved to the unified OS and combined their console and handheld divisions.
[citation needed] Everyone keeps talking about their home and portable division being different as it was an actual thing.

>NOOOOOOO WHY IS NINTENDO IS NOT KILLING THE 3DS

Nintendo needs something back them up in case the Switch bombs, cant put all your eggs in one basket

>peeufag this mad a little handheld did better than his shitty waste of money console
>so retarded doesn't even realize Switch will replace both

>So as a person who bought the WiiU on launch and was burned by the horrible support it got, is there any incentive for me to buy the switch?

Because they can get another years worth of sales out of the 3DS.

The Switch was designed for people who only own the 3DS.

To Nintendo the Wii U might as well not exist.

It's a handheld which you can plug into the tv, how is it not a handheld? Why does introducing the ability to throw your game on to the tv screen suddenly take away it's portable aspect?

It's a home console. Nintendo was very clear when unveiling it.

It's gonna replace the 3DS as well, it just hasn't yet because the next Pokemon games of Gen 7 haven't come out yet.. In Japan, they market the Switch as a handheld, while overseas, they market the Switch as a console.

>In Japan, they market the Switch as a handheld, while overseas, they market the Switch as a console.
Because in Japan, there is no market for consoles.

Nintendo was very clear that it's a hyrbid.

3DS was much more popular/profitable than the Wii U.

They literally called it a home console, lmao

>Yikes
? Why yikes? Wii u is discontinued and new console comes out soon
Do you people not get basic business practices?

You're saying they won't support the Switch for even a year? Yeah sure, likely.

Played it at the hands-on events in mid-Jan.

It definitely feels like a handheld/tablet rather than a console. Fight me.

It's a Homeheld

>Most people already think it is the WiiU 2.0 and the people that got burned are not coming back.
Don't be fucking ridiculous.

12 Switch won't work in handheld mode because you need motion controls, that's the only example

>mfw PS3 and Vita both outlived the Wii U

You don't have any idea. The Switch is the last vanguard of the "let's keep making consoles" group. The ultimatum from the emerging "let's just make mobage and themeparks" group is something along the lines of "the Switch has to sell something close to Wii numbers to be profitable long-term". This is basically impossible, and Mario is just the bait on the hook to try and reach sales targets that aren't possible in a post-smartphone world.

There's a reason they didn't even tease an announcement for anything into 2018 and beyond. Nothing else is in development. If the Switch sells like hotcakes, they'll put their full weight behind making some more games. If it doesn't, they'll just drop it.

Why does the Wii U still cost so fucking much? Shouldn't they be trying to sell off stock?

Who are you quoting

The Nintendo model is to force stores to never reduce prices, if you "underprice" your Wii U to clear stock, they'll blacklist you and you won't get any Switch units. There's a reason early 3DS games are still 40 bucks.

>sm
>blunder

user are you feeling alright siliconera.com/2016/12/30/week-sales-pokmon-sun-moon-closes-year-top/

You don't have any idea yourself. No one expect Nintendo knows the plans for the switch, so stop acting like your speculation is gospel.