How hype are we?

How hype are we?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=a1cFBtr-ryU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Very. Amazon just shipped my order. It will be here tomorrow.

>shipping "soon"

Nervous til it ships, otherwise excited.

Watching the countdown timer on my PSN preload

hoyyyyyyyp

>60$
Not hype enough, niche games should be 40$

Preloaded. The question is whether to stay up to play at midnight and feel like shit for work, or just sleep and play it after work tomorrow

my copy is comin tomorrow cant wait to get high and play my fav series.

Will Best Buy let me go pick it up if they already sent me the email?

>Have it and KH 2.8 pre-ordered through GameStop
>Still the rest of today and a shift at work away from playing Yakuza 0

Listening to Friday Night on repeat probably isn't helping

>Amazon said it would be shipped on Saturday
>Only just now shipped
>Say it'll be here tomorrow

Man if I just bought it from Shopto I might have had it already.

I'm very hype I was getting this and re7 but I decide to get this and nioh instead I think I make right decision
Plus I get poster and cool business card holder with yakuza :)

Dude wait it out. it will be worth it

>tfw a jobless loser neet who has about 8 hours of torturous boredom in between now and yakuza 0

Pretty hype, my autism forces me to purchase physical copies so I'll be pacing until 9

I'm a few hours in now, the different styles are great and it's always nice to play a Yakuza game even running around and punching rnadom guys is fun

>can't even buy the game in europe

h-have fun guys, I'll be here...waiting...

how much memory does it take up on the harddrive?

Is business edition the same as day one edition or do I need to preorder or can i pick it up tomorrow?

Pls respond

23.8 gb. at least on my ps4 it says that

Yes I believe it is the same

Amazon are out of stock now, doesn't feel great.

fuck
yes

So I'm going to get my copy from the store tonight. What're the chances of the posters being in stock? I live in Texas. Do any of you live here know the demand for this game

>hickville
considering your backwards shit state voted for drumpf, i doubt any of you toothless idiotseven know what the 'yaw koo zaw' even is.

dont hold your breath cletus

>mfw the game will cost a fortune in my shithole country

Not in Texas but I'm preordered my copy today at gamestop, cashier said I was one of 2 people that preordered and they had 3 in stock. This is in Cali too

stop trying to start shit

>Still mad

Not when they have over 100 hours of gameplay. Most of the gameplay is actually varied from pool, arcade games, female wrestling, phone sex lel, etc.

Yakuza is like what games used to be like where you actually had to discover or earn special modes & secrets instead of buying everything through DLC.

You fucking disgust me that you'd rather buy all this other over priced triple AAAsss piece of shit that barely has any gameplay or replay value. Fuck gamers like you.

Is this a good entry point into the series?

Make your bait less obvious

It's a prequel so yes

Kinda, but its better to play them in release order.

So, I plan to get into the series starting with this? Is it okay? This is the prequel so I assume there shouldnt be any referencer to previous games. I can go back to earlier games without problems, i'm good with the fact that they can feel "dated"... I played some demo on ps3 several years ago but soon forgot about franchise (though I liked it)

I'm the user with the 3 copies preordered to gift the game to friends.

Hang in there brothers, we're all in this together.

Well again, it depends if you "handle" older titles and in this case inferior versions as the HD collection really makes the first games a lot more smoother and enjoyable but was never localized.

You either play them in release order or not.

Well hello there, Yakuza friend.

As far as I know, there are some references, since you can come across characters that will have roles in the rest of the series, but that's more like fanservice, nothing really plot heavy I think

I am trying to set my expectations low. Almost every game I have bought disappointed me and I think I may be too depressed to enjoy them.

I predict I will find the combat too difficult or complicated or otherwise not fun, and minigames/side missions uninteresting along with only a passable story.

So is a Yakuza General going to appear tomorrow on /vg/?

I'm playing right now (Chapter 2).

It's just weird that I can't really find sidequests. The game didn't want me to explore in chapter 1.

Is Yakuza 0 actually coming out in the UK? I don't see it on PSN or Amazon. Will I have to buy it on the US store?

Sadly, Ishin and 0 don't show the sub stories on the map until you find them yourself unlike 5.

Yes. UK here too and my copy from Amazon was shipped earlier today.

Okay, thanks. It just says "not available" for me, it might spring up on PSN after midnight hopefully. Guessing it sold out which is a good sign. I'm pretty sure it's more expensive to pay £50 on PSN than buy $60 of US credit through G2A then get it there.

Not him but holy shit what? Aren't there like 90 something substories? Playing through 2 right now, getting tired of using a guide next to my game to get all the missions

KUZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

So this is what we're shiilling now? Last week it was Gravity, now this?

We totally have games on PS4, trust us!

Yep, and there are 100. And I agree it sucked.

i like this, promotes exploring and talking to npc's. Dont use a guide play the game prganically, if ya dont get a side quest you cna always replay it

This one seems to be getting a good deal more attention than past Yakuza games.

Check Shopto if you want it cheaper. I think they had physical copies for around £42.

organically

None of the sub stories are missable and haven't been since 3 and kinda 5 with Haruka's section.

I don't mind looking for sidequests on my own, it's just that some missions have requirements or time windows to get them. Which means that after every cutscene or substory I have to run all over Kamurocho to bump into or talk to any npc I find

Got the game early and I've been playing it for the past 7 hours, ask me something.

what were those guys talking about then, having to find them

I remember substories being missable in 5 at least. The 2 first Saejima subs come to mind

Just make sure you do Goda substory in Majima's chapter 3/4 so you can do the fortune teller substory in Kiryu's chapters.

you dont have to do anything

Damn it. That was one thing I liked about 5.

Oh well.

>Goda
Wow, what does Ryuji look like? He must be pretty young

He is, but he is a big kid.

are you having fun user :3

>Ryuji is like fucking 8
Holy fuck what

Is it worth dropping 60 on for someone new to the series?

Yes. The story seems to kick off faster in this one than previous entries and I've been wasting a lot of time with sidequests and minigames too. I just finished chapter 2.

I don't know, do you like Japanese shit/80s/open world brawlers?
What sort of games do you enjoy user?

Daigo and Shinji can be seen in substories as well.

Any other characters that appear? Either in substories or plot? Played 1, bit of 2, 4 and 5.

I guess I must be imagining the copy that's getting delivered tomorrow

I love games set in the 80s and the Yakuza theme (gang not game). I've been meaning to check out the series for a while, just wondering if you think the game's of a high enough quality to be worth the gamble. The only game I currently own is 4 but I don't want to start with that. If I enjoy 0 I'll play 1-5 afterwards.

Nishiki, Reina, Shimano, Sohei, Shintaro, Komaki, Kashiwagi, Sera, Ogita also shows up in a disco dancing related substory,

Then yeah, you'll likely get your money's worth. It's a solid game with a good style.
Is there something about the game that worries you?
What makes you hesitant?

gonna play it all of tomorrow

Cool, I know these characters. Does Majima ever mention Saejima?

Yep, they even show the flashback and a bit more of what happens to him after he loses his eye. Taiga is mentioned a couple times across the game and even has a character profile in the notebook.

Nice. Don't suppose Akiyama gets a shoutout? Wouldn't be surprised given how popular he got

if you didnt pre-order don't be suprised if your local game store doesn't have copies I've been told by multiple stores already they only got in what people ordered

I don't know what the price dropoff is like with the series after release, more if it's worth playing immediately than playing ever. I'm definitely interested though. How's the combat in terms of involvement? Is it buttonmashy or difficult? I'd be hesitant to spend full price on a game centered around combat if the combat is repetitive.

Sadly nope, even Kiwami, which you would think replace that hobo model from the PS2 version in the game's climax and depict him in the cutscene like 4 does doesn't. Its very strange.

>sold out on amazon

kill me

Yeah I actually got pretty surprised that the hobo in 1 was fucking just like Akiyama. Even the same animation.

I've only been playing on normal difficulty so take my combat experience with a pinch of salt.
It's simple enough but not mashy at all, if you tunnel into opponents you just open yourself up to getting countered and smacked down, you can't cancel your own attacks (right now, I think there might be and upgrade for it later in the game). You need to be a bit smart about when to attack and when you evade and you get a whole slew of different moves and unlock more and more as you go.
There are different enemy types too which require you to react to their styles.

What's it at? I was going to make a thread specificslly asking when it comes out. Can't preload until later today.

Post your hype face

Is it weeb trash?

No

>Is it buttonmashy or difficult?
You have different fighting styles and each of those have to be upgraded. The grindable thugs on the street are easy. It doesn't get boring. It's really satisfying to slam bikes on people.I'm not that far in Yakuza 0, but prior games had fighting tournaments etc with stronger opponents. Don't know how strong bosses are.

I've had some fun with
>3 street thugs encounter
>I'm in beast mode with heat
>Press circle
>Pres triangle
>Fight is over

Also there's one boss in chapter 2 surrounded by furniture, he doesn't stand a chance against beast mode.

I have no money but want to play it. About as hype as a kid waiting for Christmas to come in July.

If I had a reaction image folder I'd post one.

Hearing about it motivated me to go back and finish the first game, as well as play all the others.

>tfw never played a persona game

There's a gadget that shows them, don't worry.
You just have to complete substories the right way.

youtube.com/watch?v=a1cFBtr-ryU

Now that joe has gave it an 8/10 there's no excuse to not have brought the game