Emulate DMC3

>Emulate DMC3
>Dante is slow as fuck and i'm already getting carpal tunnel from mashing square to shoot

what the fuck cuhrazybabs

You're supposed to rely primarily on melee since guns do low damage and don't contribute as much to the style meter.

>melee
this game has melee?

i only have one sword but doesn't seem to do much damage

will it upgrade with time?

This is a bait thread, correct?

>It's a Trickster baby episode

DMC3 sucks, go watch Boku no Pico instead.

1.Read the Files (Menu) section to know the move set of your weapon
2.Experiment with them

>Tfw Tricksterbaby
>Switch styles
>No sick wallruns
>Go back to Trickster

Guns are for juggling and keeping up your combo dumbo, you're not supposed to use them as a main source of damage.

>tfw you kill cerberus last stage with gun only

fuck that noise

fuck my score too

Swordmaster is the only real style.

Heard it wasn't so cuhrayzee

You should watch a video of someone good playing the game to see the kinds of things you're capable of doing if you know how.

That's not how you spell Royalguard.

You'll find that relying on ranged weapons is gonna be really ineffective as you go on. Guns are best used as supplementary arms.

This is literally a melee game dude. Not sure if b8

The thing is that Dante doesn't start withy Stinger to close gaps, and since scrubs always play with lock on he just slowly walks into far away enemies

OP learn to not use lock on and learn to stinger

The quickest and easiest way to beat Cerberus on Normal is to shatter his protective ice with the shotgun and wail on him with Aerial Rave. It won't work as well on higher difficulties, though, but by then you'll have more weapons and skills.

>People on normal using something that isn't Trickster

what

>switch melee to square and guns to triangle since DMC1 HD
>do this for DMC3 HD
>do X for melee and Y for guns on DMC4 for PC
>suddenly there are attacks that require you to press both melee and B at the same time

Well fug. I beat DMC4 anyway, but I've never even executed a successful attack like that but once because of the X and B finger yoga. I need to start getting myself used to the default controls now.

>haven't played DMC 3 in years.
>decided to play it again
>get the style bar to SSS in the first mission
>now able to get it to S really easily.
>mfw
Man it feels good

>X and B

???

On my PC controller

Some of Nero's attacks require me to press X and B at the same time which is a pain. Default controls for it would be Y and B, easy to pull off with the thumb.

Royalguard is only a real style the first time you're playing.

Most people set Nero's gun to the right trigger since it goes unused.

>easiest
That's the most risky way actually, especially when you have less way to dodge his close range moves

You know that you can cheese him by standing in the bottom left corner and shooting right? He literally can't hit you from there.

On Normal in the Special Edition, he doesn't hit that hard.

Takes way too long.

>what the fuck
stop playing like DSP

You can cheese Agni&Rudra like that, if you are fine with that D on your screen
It's like using magic against Artorias in DaS, except it takes much longer and the game calls you a faggot for doing so

What's the deal with steam's version switching analogs?

>buying a shit port from a shit console

just emulate it

select controller config and switch LR from there

Emulate or get Style Switching mod( disable the actual style switch)

>Emulate
what is DMC3SE on PC?

an awful port, why do you ask?

Why would you play like that. Its so counter intuitive and dumb. Also DMC4 is an absurdly easy game.

well you are wrong considering it played amazing and it still does on pentium 4 and FX5200.

That's the control scheme I used since DMC1HD as well. When I played as Trish in DMC4SE I switched to the default controls since a number of her moves use Y and B and it felt so unnatural to me.

Why would you change the default control scheme in the first place?

wat

How old are you?

Old enough to remember the outcry on Sup Forums at how bad the DMC3 port was.

sure if you say so
Care to list what was wrong with the port in the first place?

Since RE 6 is good game now, can we all agree that DmC is underrated gem of a game?

DmC DE is better than 4 and 2. It receives way too much hate for a mid-tier entry in the franchise.

It's fuck awful, 95% fixed by StyleSwitcher including sound/music years later doesn't change the fact.

Still surprises me that people are still retarded enough to not know how to use it, and too lazy to try out the new versions for themselves but still bitch about shit that either have a workaround fix, or has been fixed already