The Last Guardian flops - gets official price drop

gamespot.com/articles/the-last-guardian-gets-permanent-price-cut/1100-6447487/?ftag=GSS-05-10aaa0b

Wow. 10 years in the making and officially discounted less than 2 months after release.

Why don't PS4 owners buy non-Ubisoft/EA/Bethesda games?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QvcFRgJwE2k
youtube.com/watch?v=DUpPYvELLB8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>price cuts are bad when sony does it

Best Team Ico game, hence why it sold well.

>people waited 10 years for this
>2 months later no one gives a shit about it
lmao soon epig gamur gurls will hail it as 10/10

Team Ico games have never sold well.
A discount makes total sense, why sit on a title at full price if it isn't selling?

That's to bad, I enjoyed it.

Sold better than ICO and SOTC, m8.

Hardly a flop.

But I guess nintentoddlers love buying games at full price years after release.

It would have been great if it was released 10 years ago. Nothing this game did stands out now and the game runs like shit.

I still feel thankfull to sony for their guts to finish this game instead terminate it like their rivals.

Runs perfectly fine on my PS4.

JUST

DELETE THIS

Fuck off nintencuck. I bet you have no prblem with zelda being 20fps.

£22.85 in Bongland here holy shit

Is it any good? What the hell is it

Should've been $40 to begin with when the game isn't that long and there's very little replayeability.
Still gonna wait for that sweet $20 cut since it was apparently filled with a lot of gameplay frustrations.

So this is the power of... PS4 exclusives. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. YEAH YOU BETTER RELEASE THOSE GAMES ON PC OR NINTENDO IF YOU WANNA MAKE SOME SALES, DEVS. LET THIS BE A FUCKING WARNING!

If you actually play it, you'd know you were wrong.

>Sold better than ICO and SOTC, m8.
Neither of those games took a decade to create.

Everyone knew TLG was gonna flop, this is hardly a surprise. The only way it would've made a profit is if almost everyone with a PS4 bought it.

I dont see any other games having individual feather manipulation systems for a character like this game had planned since the ps2

Beat the game last night. Loved it

I was excited for the game like ten years ago. Now I'm old as shit and cynical.

surprise surprise, Last Guardianfags were a bunch of samefaggers who made Sony believe interest in this game was a lot larger than it actually is.

Thanks for putting a black mark against all people who ask for dead games to come back.

Isn't shopto preowned? Just go gumtree and collect for £20

>Neither of those games took a decade to create.
Neither was TLG and if you had the slightest clue about game developent you would know that.

It didn't take a decade to create you autist. The head lead guy was having fits and dropped out of development and disappeared under a rock

>implying I haven't
I bought it day one, it wasn't worth my time or money

>If you actually play it, you'd know you were wrong.

watching the piece of trash is enough for me, after buying their overpriced Japanese Ico + (broken) SotC collection, that didn't even include the Japanese making of videos, that were included with the other releases.

youtube.com/watch?v=QvcFRgJwE2k

>sony gives a tripple a game away for literally free to thank their loyal customers
>OMFGZ IT FLOPPED

Zelda is overall stable 30fps
Also
>b-but Nintendo!

It's a fucking PS2 game. Shouldn't be anymore than $10

Lots of games have hair/fur shit just like this. It's not impressive at all, especially when the dog is retarded

2 months is actually pretty standard amount of time for a price cut. Battleborn lasted less than 3 weeks before a price cut, dudesex 2 was cut to $50 a month after release.

Also, who cares? If it sells the game that's the whole point. I liked it, I bought it for $60. I know plenty of people who rented it from redbox and beat it in a single day.

>Zelda is overall stable 30fps
So is the TLG.

Guess Battleborn was a huge success and the pricedrops happened only because Gearbox is based, then?

What in the fuck is even good about this game? The simple, hollywood-esque "touching" story? The game doesn't even have any difficulty. There are about 3-4 types of "puzzles" that just get repeated. Platforming doesn't even require skill. What does this fucking game even provide, someone please explain.

It was 25£ on amazon new some 3 weeks ago and sold out immediatly. Then it was 45£ and atm 27£ for new wew

Still haven't finished it. I should get around to that some time. It didn't grab me as hard as Ico and SotC did, that's for sure.

I'm still wondering why this of all games brings the PS4 to its knees. I mean it's pretty, but not THAT pretty.

Is it retroactive? Recouping some of the time/money I lost to this piece of poo would be welcomed

Too ludo for Sup Forums

>What does this fucking game even provide, someone please explain.

Bragging rights for sonyggers

>So is the TLG.
KEK

Sonyniggers only care for multiplats they don't give a single fuck about weeb exclusives.

Its providing a real unique gaming experience something nintencucks love to brag about but never really have.

What was broken about the SotC remaster? I remember it being a solid port.

Neither of those games too even half as long as TLG to create.

ITT ppl who worshipped The Last of Us complaining about gameplay and too much story

>PS4 games start with 2 million seller and up
>PiiU at 400k
Are nintencucks really this stupid? If the PS4 standard would apply to the PiiU you would be left with 8 games and 6 of them would be mario rehashes and nintenland which was bundled.

Now show me the list with only exclusives

Nintendo probably has 30 more games than PlayStation and Xbox some even have 50k sales pathetic

You do realize that's a parody right? Actually wait, don't respond, you think Dunky is serious.

>Nintendo probably has 30 more games
lel, the WiiU does not even have 30 games in total.

I mean on the list

This. Part of me thinks they released it just for the sake of releasing it.

It's getting really annoying how millenials faggots are bragging about "inconvenience of Team Ico's game mechanic"and "unrealistic gameplay and cheese plot of Resident Evil game". It's always been there, dumb fucks.

>T-that d-does not count!!!
>Its okay when nintendo does it!!!!!!

My brother bought it for me for Christmas so I don't really care. I would be mad if I spent $60 though. Literally "it's alright" the game

Remember back in the PS2 days when games got price drops when it went platinum?

youtube.com/watch?v=DUpPYvELLB8

How badly is it gonna flop Sup Forums?

Why use the list when its from VGcharts and does not contain a lot of Sony and MS exclusives?

The best games are divisive games. I'd take TLG over "Focus Tested Ubisoft Open-word #28372" any day of the week.

Stop shilling your video

Same here, thats why zelda looks so shit.

That's what I'm saying, if it was exclusives only Nintendo wouldn't even be close look how many ps games are excluded

Okay gotcha.

Are you stupid? Those greatest hits, platinum games are nothing more than marketing gimmicks to squeeze some more copies out of the games after they've reached what was usually their dry stage.

>a game that isn't a FPS/Sports game sells poorly on the PS4

you dont say

It'll start fairly strong but then totally depend on good word of mouth.
If the game is decent it'll sell.
If not it'll die.
Same as No Mans Sky

It's supposedly on a million copies sold

That would be pretty good considering how small the team that made the game is if they didn't take 10 fucking years to make it

>What was broken about the SotC remaster? I remember it being a solid port.

The player characters stumbling around like a fricking moron all the time.

I know the game inside out and plenty of tactics, that I used on the PS2 release, did not work anymore. And before you go PAL, I'm from Europe.

That's also why the platinum rate for SotC on PS3 is so low. Because the game is fucking broken. The game isn't difficult at all, I remember boss 3 being the most "difficult" one for time trial, but doing that on PS3 was pure nightmare fuel. On PS2 I went up the arm, to the top, then stabbed there and jumped to the belly. This was basically impossible on PS3. I had to luck jump my way directly to the belly and to some more crazy jumps and after maybe 4 to 5 hours of pure cursing I finally did it.

And reminder: I know the original game inside out.

Sony even broke Ico by adding stupid speedrun trophies. Yorda AI was never designed for speedruns and acts herp derp all the time.

T. Raging autist

The most 'human' AI in a game yet. Played through it at a friends house and though I wouldn't buy a PS4 ever it really is an amazing experience to 'communicate' with Trico a video couldn't show. Puzzles are pretty dull though, story is expected from Ico/Sotc

Game was great though. I am fine with the game getting a price cut. The more people play it the better.

WHY DID I BUY THIS AT LAUNCH?!

Yeah that's why I platinumed both of those, fucking moronic Sony-defender.
Go back to SJW/Sony-GAF.

When a game is fucking broken, it's fucking broken and SotC is fucking broken.

Which means there is still no proper version of the game. You gotta choose between 10-15 fps PS2 version and broken PS3 version.

And as I already said - Sony couldn't even be bothered to include the *Japanese* making of videos w/ Japanese copies of the game.

That was one of the primary reasons why I bought it. So I had to buy a US copy on top. Why US copy? Because the Jewish department of Sony put the making of videos only in the US onto the actual disc. For Europe they included download codes only. And for Japan - nothing, nada, despite them releasing a Limited Edition in Japan, which was the most expensive of the bunch.

So do you guys think Sony will make another game with Ueda?

Because you wanted to play it

Don't ask stupid fucking questions like this

As long as it doesn't take ages to make I don't see why not

for some reason all of trico's feathers seem to be individually affected by physics

>tfw I'll have to wait another 10 years so I can play it on an emulator

should have released it for PS2 desu

>Best Team Ico game
We certainly didn't play the same game. TLG was far less ambitious than the previous Ico game and had quite too many flaws compared to SotC and I'm not talking about technical issue here.
>Architecture making no sense, tall towers that wouldn't have any purpose without the player, everything is conveniently placed. Ruins or not, the buildings shown would be unfit for bipedal beings
>The story is only about the relationship with the beast, everything around is serviceable and pretty much fluff so you think you had enough for your money, especially the end. The story didn't need an antagonist nor the shitty SF twist at the end.
>The story is quite banale at the end of the day and movies have done the same plot in better ways.
>The devs broke a gameplay mechanics which was already working well by removing the grip button and implementing auto-grip
> The collapsing platforms and the battles against living armors are placed so you don't get bored and keep pushing buttons. It really gave me Uncharted vibes and that's really not a good point.

I really didn't like it. It was never brain teasing, nor really original. And how the game kept stabbing the beast to make me feel emotions felt very artificial, formulaic. I really think that the relationship with Agro in SotC, while minimalist, was more genuine than the hamfisted relationship with Trico.

just play it on PC

Gravity Rush 2 is next.

>Game's out for two months
>Gets a price cut

No shit, Xfag.

Why didn't anyone buy Dead Rising 4?

>Nintendo

>just play it on PC

I guess PS2 emulator? With a proper frame rate? And the player character not acting like a retard?

Emulation, here I come. Thanks user.

I am really sick of you sotcfags

if you are going to compare trico to anything then compare it to ICO

have you even played ICO?

I've noticed this with every AAA game lately

Watch Dogs 2, Dishonored 2, Dead Rising 4, Titanfall 2 and Steep all got price drops just a few weeks after launch.

But now that The Last Guardian gets one and all of a sudden it's a big deal

I feel bad for gravity rush 2. It didn't even make the top 10 on the uk during the deadest time of the year.

Playstation fans love games that they have never played.
Nintendo fans love games they have been playing for years.

Ico is probably the worst of the three though. Just because it inspired a lot of games and came out first doesn't make it the best.

>Nothing this game did stands out now

something like trico has never been done in gaming before, come on now.

Top 3 in Australia famalam

I heard it was shit and I checked it out and it looked shitty and nowhere near as good as SotC so I didn't waste my money on it. Why, should I have?

I wouldn't necessarily call that "broken," sure it must be frustrating to have to relearn the physics but saying something is broken implies something completely different to what you're talking about.

everything except nintendo games get price dropped. It's perfectly normal. new copies of DOOM is currently £14 despite selling decently.

>Playstation fans love games that they have never played.

That's why shit like this, Tearaway and Gravity Rush flops hard while FIFA 345345, Call of Duty 34534 and Assassins Creed 64574345 sell millions on PS4.

all the team ico games do very different things. it's pretty stupid to compare them with each other.

Why do you think Gravity Rush “flops” just because it doesn't sell millions of copies? It's probably pretty cheap to make

Hell the first one sold like 500k and got a sequel. You should learn about setting a reasonable budget

They're bad when everyone does it and I don't think anyone is debating that. It means they don't think it will sell to expectation at the original price.

This happens with most games senpai. Console games anyway. Shit I'll wait another month or so and get RE7 for 40

>Not waiting for the inevitable GOTY edition with all the DLC