How is this game?

People who play I have questions for you:

>Worth playing if I only intend to buy the 10 dollar package?
>How is the pvp, is it skill based or does the winner depend on who has better gear and grinded more like every other mmo I've ever played?
>Can I play solo and make progress or do you eventually hit a wall and can't do shit without a party?

no
pvp is decided by gear
theres no group content

Started playing with a friend a few days ago and I'm already getting bored. There's nothing to do but grind mobs. You can't even excuse it by saying the focus is pvp cause to be competitive in pvp you have to grind mobs to level.

>theres no group content

So you're telling me this is an MMO that has no group content? Can't tell if just shitposting and haven't even played the game or if this is actually a single player MMO.

Hmm this sounds pretty boring. What's the appeal of this game supposed to be, what sets it apart from other MMOs?

He's not shitposting.
Go look up any BDO video and you'll see 1 of 3 things.
>grinding mobs
>pvp clusterfuck
>afk life skill leveling
That's all there is to the game. No dungeons, no raids, no instances (which could be a good thing but not here), no challenge of any kind outside pvp.

the game is worthless, save yourself wasted bandwidth and move on

>how is it
it's shit, dont even bother

you can make a waifu

The character customization and the tons of costumes to dress them up in. The game is just a waifu creator that also gives you something to do with them.

>what sets it apart from other MMOs?
GEWD GRAFIX and the best waifu creator of any mmo.
People would also say the combat but it's not good. Sure it's all action and really cool with combos but no mob will ever challenge you to skillfully use it nor will pvp be anything other than a clusterfuck. It's wasted.

I will say this though: if you've got $10 to spare and want to roll wit da wizards n shit, you'll have fun probably. Wizard/witch are fun.

How is the fighter class? I like being melee with a sword. Can I actually play the game properly with the 10 dollar buy in or am I going to be fucked compared to how much extra shit people who paid 50$ + the monthly fee get.

>spending 19.99 for digital underwear
>getting jewed that hard

stay cucked my friend

I find it oddly comfy, and the combat is the best I've tried in any game as well.

Melee classes are good too, the casters just stand out because they're the most fun magic users to play in any game with a similar class.
>am I going to be fucked compared to how much extra shit people who paid 50$ + the monthly fee get.
I dunno, I only played beta before just coming back on a free trial. I've heard you can buy a lot of shit with gold now that people can put cashshop items on the AH.

these op.

i played for about two months last fall and the core game is very interesting, but there's nothing to keep you going. PvP is literally it and you have to go full autism to keep up with it.

if the game by some miracle got revamped like ARR it could be so amazing. sadly it's doomed from really poor PR choices last year.

its the best mmo out there by a landslide, plebs will argue otherwise, but when the entire playing field is nothing but shitty themepark mmos where you grind for fucking tokens and are weekly capped on all progress for no reason other than to waste your fucking time, then yeah BDO blows them out of the water.

only other mmo i could recommend is ESO , but theyve been raping the game with f2p bullshit lately, the content is good though if you liked skyrim

Its a slice-of-life MMO with a pvp minigame, if that sounds fucking awful to you don't get it.

You could play solo if you are only interested in life skills. Like fishing or trading. Grinding for gear/xp could be done in solo but much slower than in a group.

>the combat is the best I've tried in any game as well
My problem with the combat is they took and action game and dropped it in an mmo without changing anything else. No mob will do anything other than just come straight at you and attack. All that cool shit you can do is wasted when you're not meant to fight skillfully, you're meant to group up a ton of mobs and aoe them to death.

Oh and also the way professions work feels very rewarding and fun with how the better you are the more rare items you loot while gathering or processing.

Mystic/Summoner/whatever they call it on eu/na is fun. It's easily the best meele combat I've ever experienced in an mmo.

>grind for fucking tokens and are weekly capped on all progress for no reason other than to waste your fucking time
That's funny because BDO does the asian mmo thing of having finite fatigue meters that decrease as you do certain things, like crafting, harvesting, conversing with npcs, and just generally playing the game.

Are you retarded or did you play it for 2 hours? Theres a vast trading system, crafting, you can even build a boat and explore islands with your friends or just fish off it. fuck off. its not some instant dungeon grinder

Nah they patched out the energy reqs for a lot of things. There's still a lot of them there but nowhere near as bad as release

Do you mean sorceress? I'm looking for a melee sword type. If the melee combat on fighter is good I'm willing to try it out.

There are other life skills that require active attention and playing. Like trading. I loved that shit.

No, I mean the one with the black wolf battle pet.

>Meme Desert Online
LEEEEEEEEEEEEEL

>Theres a vast trading system
Can you trade with other players now?
>crafting
What I don't like about crafting is how complicated they made it. To make a simple chair I have to buy a house, set it as a crafting shop, and hire a worker. then I can get the mats I need and give them to the worker so he can make it. Needlessly complex and annoying.
>fuck off
No, you fuck off. Nothing in this game is intuitive. I looked into hunting since that sounded like a fun thing to do instead of grinding mobs and that was just an annoyance that lead to a dead end when I bought a beginner musket off the AH and couldn't do anything with it because nothing I shot with it took damage.

These are the classes. Which one are you referring to? Sounds pretty cool. Can that class use swords? I thought Fighter was the only sword using class but if there is more I'll have to check that out too.

>Like trading
Maybe I'm missing something but I though trading in this game was
>load up on goods
>auto run to next town
>sell goods

Cant sell gold so its shit.

Played it for around a month, was fairly competitively near the top levels when I quit.

The only consistently fun part for me was catching/breeding horses. The combat was okay, but not the most compelling combat system I've tried. The real problem was that there was literally nothing to do but grind. No PvE content, PvP content based solely on gear. It was leave my computer on while auto-fishing, or grinding packs of mobs.

Looking back, there was very little fun about the game. It looks good, but even for an Asian MMO I found it to be subpar.

Not to mention the whole mildly P2W aspect (I'm looking at you, ghillie suit).

>you need to invest time into everything
>i didnt and it didnt work so its a shit game
whew user

It's tamer. You use a katana type shortsword iirc. The fighting is very fast paced and feels great.

Basically yes. But I liked travelling all around the map like a merchant. Feels so great to be able to buy/craft a better wagon after a week of trading. There's also illegal trading that's a bit more exciting.

try to find a guest pass (7 days free I think) before you spend any money on this game. I got bored in 2 hours.

Is it just me or created female characters always look fat even though you adjust them before?

>The character customization
it's shit. you character will either be very similar to the default look or a total abomination

>you need to invest time
It's not about investing time, it's about making things needlessly obtuse. Why do I need to buy a house just to make a chair? Why do I need to hire a worker to craft things for me? Why can't I just get the mats, find a crafting area, and make the shit I want myself? Leave the worker stuff for big guilds who need to craft in bulk to arm their members.

So if I get level 50 in this game, get decent gear, can I go around protecting weak players from PKers by myself or is that not really viable?

Nope, cause its too late. The truth is that level and gear basically are all that matter in this game. If you're a fresh level 50 and get caught by a level 53 with even moderate gear, you're absolutely fucked.

>level 50
There's no level cap, only a soft cap and you're meant to level beyond that to get your super speshul class weapon. So basically, if you want to be the white knight you'll have to grind forever to stay competitive with everyone else.

You can though. As far as I know players can craft basic shit. Then there's alchemy that can be done entirely by the player. However it's much faster if you hire workers.
Anyhow, setting up workshops with workers is one of the main concepts of the game. I'm not saying its good or bad. If it's not for you then that's all there is to it. It doesn't make the game better or worse for everyone.

This sounds retarded. 3 level difference means there's no way I can win? Is there no way to skillfully outplay someone?

>As far as I know players can craft basic shit.
As far as I know, that's bullshit.

Nope, unless the guy is literally retarded.

That's how they force people to grind; once you get behind the curve in level or gear, your ability to do anything is brutally curtailed.

How so? Back when I played only AP mattered and it wasn't something you get out of levelling after the soft cap. You could make a fresh character and put the gear on it from a lv70+ character.

Game is shit overall but for $10 I'll buy it whenever I get a new gpu so I can explore and admire the pretty graphics.
Or I'll play bless instead because I actually give a shit about that setting and lore.

Level still gives strong benefits; HP, Accuracy, Additional skill points, etc. Unless the game has changed significantly since I quit, a 3 level difference means your abilities will miss the higher level player a significant portion of the time.

In addition to that, there are certain level breakpoints that are extremely important depending on class. For example, 51 for Valk, 55 for blader, etc etc.

It's P2W, you can buy items in the cash shop for way too much money to gain an advantage over other players.

>life skills

jesus christ why dont these fuckers get a life

God that sounds boring as fuck and it was boring as fuck when i played it months ago.

>Admire the pretty graphics.
The graphics are good however the horrible draw distance and render distance are fucking unbearable. The worse i have ever seen. people just pop up 10 feet in front you and by the time they load from a grey blob to their model they have passed you. Every 2 feet you walk everything on the screen goes through a constant loading cycle. it looks like fuckin shit when you move.

>Not playing Blade and Soul instead

BnS is even worse.

At least it has gameplay.
The pvp is actually satisfying.

Black desert also has gameplay. Both are braindead but at least BDO has more action oriented combat.

>no group content
If this is true this game is trash.

>Playing censored games

How about no.

the combat in BDO is better in concept but in practice its an incoherent mess

>Black desert also has gameplay.
Not him, but does it, really? People are saying the only combat content it has is pvp. That being said I don't know how Blade and Soul does in that regard.

You say that yet its PvP is horrible while Blade and Soul PvP is one of the most fun/balanced ones in mmo's to date.

and the combat in BnS is just tab target shit that's been dressed up to look like action combat.

I started up the free trial and I'm pretty damn bored of the game.

They wasted too much time and resources on useless mechanics in the game instead of shit people actually want to do.

There are no dungeons/raids, only some meh world bosses.

Everything seems like a chore because they wanted shit to be "realistic" or some shit. Nothing really feels straight forward. It's why the game has a shit ton of guides for almost everything.

At least it's fun blowing shit up as a Witch but not enough for me to keep playing.

>Blade and Soul PvP is one of the most fun/balanced ones in mmo's to date
That's not really hard to do when you design around 1v1 fights. everything else is a clusterfuck.

>There are no dungeons/raids
So what do you even do in this game? Like, just kill random mobs aimlessly?

>They wasted too much time and resources on useless mechanics in the game instead of shit people actually want to do.
This
The game has a ton of little details but it's wasted since there's no point to anything.

I have no idea.

>BnS
>Censored
What the actual fuck I am reading.

see
and also sometimes you take part in a world boss zerg rush.

its supposed to be sandbox MMO and there are Siege/Node Wars every week which actually matter

>Wars every week which actually matter
Matter to who and to what end? One guild gets more money over another? Who fucking cares?

>BnS
>Tab Target
You have not touched the game at all or only play range classes without hitting not even level 10 if you believe this, the game has even better hit detection than Tera.

>That's not really hard to do when you design around 1v1 fights
That actually the hard part of a game, and what EVERY GAME in existence should do, every class in a MMO should be capable of killing another class on equal grounds, so only skills decide the victor, reason BnS is vastly the superior PvP MMO and has become a huge Esport in Korea.

So it tried to be ragnarok and failed huh?

>BnS
>not tab target
You're not fooling me, shill. The game is obviously tab target with some soft lock thrown in.

I'd honestly play GW2 over this game.

I'm hoping Bless Online is decent. Don't really know much about it.

bless combat is horseshit. dont wait for that shit

The game is too beautiful and too free for me not to play it

If every person in this website being called a shill actually got a cent each, companies would be fucking bankrupt.

Seriously, that's all you fuckers say all day long to each other, like you have no brain so you just repeat some flowchart. I'm not even him either, I was just watching.

this
Pop ins are insane in this game. Especially pvp targets.

Well shit.

From what I've seen bless is like black desert's polar opposite which is to say the combat is tab target but everything else looks good.
>emphasis on faction pvp
>dungeons that appear to be challenging
>interesting lore
>cat tits

you know it shit when some people called it " masterpiece " for no reason.

"""free"""" asian mmo should already be a huge red flag man

2bh I don't think the world is ready for non tab target combat. every game that tried to take that direction sacrificed everything else. it's just something that doesn't work for MMOs.

Black desert made me realize mmos aren't necessarily made better by having action combat. The important thing is that the combat fits the game.

>actually has content
That's already better than BDO in my book.

Wildstar is a good middle ground between action and tab target. You can't dodge everything so healers and tanks aren't made pointless but you can dodge enough that skillful play can keep you alive over someone who's just bad.

TERA did it very well. I've done most of the dungeons in that game. Only thing that fucked it up was all the korean mmo bullshit.

i'm enjoying it

but a LOT of this game is grinding and idling

if nothing else, i'd get a guesy pass and ask someone to take you when they go whale hunting. The fucking ocean man

To be fair, bless has it's own problems but it's already in a better position than black desert. I don't even care that the combat is just your usual tab targeting. I want to learn more about the races, the 2 factions, the history of the world, the characters. In BDO I don't give a shit about anything.

At least it has content, like dungeons, for you to look forward to or actually give a fuck about your rotation and stuff.

BDO has zero so whatever you do, doesn't really matter. Nothing matters, because it doesn't have anything.

I played TERA back during beta and got to 60 but it did feel like it might as well been a tab targeting game. I remember thinking that lancers were really the only one playing the game and any mistakes made healers would get you back up anyway. the end game dungeons at that time challenge came down to enrage timers.

never played wildstar but I thought it was a dodge the red cones type of deal like FFXIV but overall everything besides some skills were autolock.

I actually like the lore in BDO, they just fucked up the delivery of information. I didnt pay attention before but a lot of shopkeepers/important people have family and shit on farms you visit in the field

The one deer dude literally mentions family in Mediah that sell camels

Literally this

but there is technically group content

oops, bottom part is directed at you.

>like dungeons, for you to look forward to
Oh, believe me nigga, I am. One of the newer dungeons they added is themed around some bad dude trying to reawaken an old god. Said old god created one of the races in the game and you fight the first of that race ever created as a boss. That's 2 fucking radical.

When can NA even play Bless?

I don't think you understood my post. But ok.