Miyamoto: "[...

>Miyamoto: "[...] What we were talking about was giving more opportunity and more leadership opportunity to younger people in the company. So rather than me leading everything we were really expanding that role out to others that had come up within the company."

It shows, Miyamoto. It shows.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xCEDlpaUXVE
youtube.com/watch?v=tUFFVATu9Lg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Numales ruin everything.

it does indeed. although skyward sword and tp were trash too so im not sure it would mean anything. i think the main thing holding these games back is nintendos pathetic hardware and controller gimmicks.

could you imagine how cool it would be to have a modern windwaker with anime graphics like guilty gear and have it be like a live comic book from the 80s zelda comics or something?

It feels like such a simple thing to do, but I completely lost hope that Nintendo will ever make a Zelda game without a gimmick like wolf, sailing, open world, time limit etc.

defend this

Vanilla Morrowind looks better than this game, granted it's mostly due to its art style being amazing while BotW's is atrocious. Wii U can do better than this. How fucking sad.

That would be incredibly lame. I'm glad nintendo doesn't have you as an idea man.

I usually say i graphics before gameplay, but this is ridiculous
It looks like an early ps3 game, GTA4 in 2008 was more impressive looking than this
Maybe switch as a handheld was a mistake

>It shows, Miyamoto. It shows.
It really does. Instead of having to focus on a retarded gimmick, the new Zelda is satisfied with shaking up the formula and giving fans what they had been asking for. Thanks, Miyamoto.

What type of person does it take to talk about the same subject with the same points for days on end?

Can you fucking sperglords think of nothing else to talk about?

I don't remember fans asking for a mash up of all other open world games on the market. I remember Zeldafags mocking games like Skyrim and Assassin's Creed .

But according to Sonyfan logic that's okay.

>one has an endless sea of grass
>the other has an endless sea of water

Technologically the same thing. Except well, separated by something like 13 years

But he's right. It's only numbers, nerd.
>MUH NINTENDO SHOULD GO THE WAY OF SEGA

Fuck, 20 fps even when there are no enemies on screen? And on the Switch?

>single random post by literal who on some random forum
>compared to a Nintendo game that just plain has bad performance on a next gen console
SONYFANS AMIRITE GUISE

>Miyamoto: turn broom up to 200%. perfect

LOL Fucking numales . im nothing like them btw because i say cuck and pepe

Shaking up the formula by turning the franchise into Skyrim, even graphics-wise. Wew.

It dips to 20 fps anytime depth of field is triggered.

It doesn't matter since they couldn't inact his idea due to hardware constraints anyway.

So why is it that I only ever see the same ~5 or so cherrypicked screenshots of BotW on Sup Forums where there just happens to be shit ground textures or something? Why not compare good looking scenes from BotW with good looking sce4nes from WW?

grass is much more taxing to render than Wind Waker water

Yet WW looks better despite being much older. BotW is quite possibly the least ambitious Zelda title to date.

>bbbut sony!
Kys retard.

youtu.be/xCEDlpaUXVE

The Zelda formula is shit anyway.

>wander around until you find a dungeon
>get item in that dungeon that either helps you get through the dungeon or defeat the boss at the end
>do some side-quests for le ebin world building
>repeat 8 or so times until you reach the final boss

If they made one without a gimmick you guys would be complaining that it's boring and uninventive

kys hisss!! leafyishere FTW!!!

>Posting your shitty video in every single fucking thread
I bet you're the OP too

>Linking le wannabe Crowbcat

You first.

Is anyone else annoyed by the fact people call it a beautiful game? Compare it to other games in the series, its no where near the same pedigree.

Visually, you mean. Gameplay-wise, it's unarguably the most complex it's ever been.

I'm no expert on Zelda games, but wouldn't you rather say it's the most ambitious project and has the most riding on it, but seems to be horribly botched up in its implementation.

use both hands, press them both down

>mario games are too similar
>blame miyamoto for being a hack
>zelda games are too different
>blame the younger employees for being incompetent

PREASE PRAY MY GAMES YOU FIRFY PREBS

the geometric complexity of BoTW is much higher than wind waker
the only problems are some pretty average lod generation and the ground textures neither are because of the limitations of the hardware but because of the techniques they used

Do you have any good looking scenes from BotW? I haven't seen any so far.

>crowbcat whiteknights

How incredibly pathetic

>Man, Nintendo's hardware sure sucks
>Man I bet they'd totally do this cool idea of mine if the hardware didn't suck
>My idea is so cool, too. Too bad we'll never see it, the sole reason being that the hardware sucks

People who save images of cherry picked comments are the worst.

>anime graphics
No thanks, those are even cringier than AAA brown-n'-bloom shooter-graphics.

Not to defend BotW's lackluster graphics, just saying I'm glad it didn't take the FE/Xeno2 route.

the digital foundry clip that's taken from says that was one of 2 dips in 40 minutes of play, stop spouting bullshit.

>Implying WW wan't trash.
XD

Yes and the final game looks a million times better than anything from shitendo. Also

>deflecting to sony again as a defence for shitendo
>implying I care about sony

Literally bleach your insides.

How is it ambitious? It literally presents an open world that looks exactly like every generic open world out there. There's no thing you can latch on to say "yeah, it's open world like many other games, but it has THIS feature".

Sure, it has the most riding on it, considering Nintendo is going all-in on Zelda this time, but it's not ambitious at all.

>wasn't*

do shilling jobs pay a lot?
seems pretty easy, just post the same threads every 5 hours

or do they just hire pajeets and pay fuck all?

>I remember Zeldafags mocking games like Skyrim and Assassin's Creed .

>I project my insecurities by grouping fans of an unrelated intellectual property together so that I can assume their collective disdain for my beloved franchises

Those aren't mutually exclusive.

For someone who doesn't care you sure are assravaged about me mentioning them. I wonder why?

>I don't remember fans asking for a mash up of all other open world games on the market.
Zelda fans have been going "dude why don't they just make a big open world zelda???" for years now.

You're right. No 3D Zelda game to date was ambitious enough. They all fall short somewhere.

Isn't that what this guy literally did for sony fans?

since it's zelda I expect it to have a superior level of handcrafted feel.

>bu-but sony!

Every fucking time!

You know why it's called Breath of the Wild? Because the developers had to be wild to release a game in 2017 that has such a poor AI.

The switch is weaker or as powerful as WiiU
Which is as powerful as PS3
This is fucking 2006 power and it fucking sucks

The should have done a separate home console and handheld with the home console being more powerfull, but them being able to play the same games

25 cents will be deposited into your Sony PSN account if you do a good job.

Anything's better than that same cherrypicked image of close up rock textures that we start every single fucking thread with.
Could have started the thread with this, but I guess it doesn't make the right point.

It's not any better when he does it

it can be both. nintendo is a big company.

Every triple a game has poor ai.

Not that I'm defending it, but the bigger you are, the less you care apparently. Lazy cunts

I didn't say that. Ocarina of Time was minblowing at the time. Zelda I was revolutionary for its time too. Majora's Mask was one of the first titles to use the concept of Time Limit and having NPCs with developed behavior systems for a platform like the N64. Wind Waker did a ton for cel-shading tech at the time. Skyward Sword, despite being shit, proved you could have full-fledged action games with motion control.

BotW has literally nothing. It didn't innovate in any single area.

miyamoto is a hack who's far past his prime. he's ruined paper mario and star fox with his dipshit ideas and any new IPs he tries to shit out are awful

>deflecting to a company that is off topic
>HURRR UR THE MAD WUN!

ok buddy. Btw the worse looking cherry picked image of a ps4 game still looks better than anything on shitendo.

I never understood all the Nintoddlers defending BotW's visuals. Yes we are all aware the graphics are shit, the graphics weren't EVER impressive on any Zelda game, it's all about the good art direction, which is always more important than polgon count or complex dynamic lighting systems and whatnot.

Thing is, BotW has SHIT art direction, THAT's what we mean when we say it doesn't look good. No it's not about the low poly count or the abhorrent textures (although the way they use textures poorly *is* part of the art direction), the game simply looks like shit, with a greyed out filter on every scene (or green filter in jungle areas, etc, "foggy" or "washed out" would be the better worlds) and it isn't as timelessly cartoony as Zelda WW which looks 10x better and more cohesive than BotW

BotW is so shit on so many levels. The copy/paste assets, especially trees. The VERY low LOD (trees/objects simply cease to exist after 100 metres) which completely clashes against the long vistas they allow players to see in the game. Feels like a very shitty engine for an open world game, together with a very shitty art direction that makes the shitty textures very evident, rather than the masterful way WW does it

This is bait, I'll bite.

In-engine trailers are nothing more than fiction. Anyone who doesn't know that need to be lobotomized. They're just there to confirmed a game with a reveal trailer. They even say in the fucking screen that it's not representative of the game. If it was true, Zelda BOTW would be looking like this

youtube.com/watch?v=tUFFVATu9Lg

and not the drained, shit looking visuals and design it has now.

cute, you found a bug

>Majora's Mask was one of the first titles to use the concept of Time Limit and having NPCs with developed behavior systems for a platform like the N64
shenmue did it
mizzurna falls did it

Nintendo gets a pass. They're reviewed with a different scale.

That washed out colors style is so fucking retarded.

I'm convinced that they guys working on Zelda tried to delay it for as long as they could just so they could get away with not building the game around the Wii U's gamepad gimmick like the higher ups wanted.

Holy shit why did his post get deleted? Did it count as shitposting? Was it the sony deflection that triggered the mod? I mean thats cool by me the guy was a tool, just surprised his post got deleted.

>HURRR UR THE MAD WUN!
>shitendo

He's not wrong, you hilarious madman

So WW just looks pretty, I don't see innovation beyond the visuals. SS was better than the WW as a whole.

>"one of the"

Why do people get so upset over Nintendo's graphics, if you don't like it then why make constant threads about it?

The worst part is that a lot of these threads start with images that are compressed and stretched out of proportion, see

This

Switch will flop because of it.

>SS was better than the WW as a whole.
a whole thread full of bait and somehow you have the dumbest opinion in it

The pic still looks like shit. Drained filter

>visuals don't matter for this visual medium

This is how retarded you sound like. Visuals are extremely important to games.

That's nice but I wanted to see a open Zelda like the first one again

It keeps happening.

>Dumbest opinion
Truth hurts.

>the graphics weren't EVER impressive on any Zelda game
They were pretty damn impressive on OoT and WW. WW generally more so due to the art style though.

Dark Souls 2 all over again

you could find a clip like this of a trash mob in any game, especially ranged trash mobs, in ni-oh I could get the ranged weapon mobs in an infinite loop of changing weapons.

It doesn't innovate with anything else, though. On a global scale.

It's literally "you want Zelda, but Skyrim? Well here it is."

I actually expect this to be the worst home console Zelda to date, there's just nothing good about it that I've seen so far. It's trying to appeal to the people who like Fallout, Elder Scrolls, GTA, Assassin's Creed, Watch Dogs and etc, but it just looks like it's way off the mark, in typical Nintendo fashion.

Our owner is aknown japanese conman and you had any trust in his underlings?

Yeah but they don't decide a game's quality alone. WW has nice visuals but they didn't really breathe life in the game as well as they could have. By today's standards they're nothing too special.

>Every open world game is skyrim
When will this meme end
Skyrim didn't even originate the open world design, it was just one of the first to blow up for normies

>Increased numbers of anti Zelda / Switch threads made daily

(They) are frightened.

>let's silence every criticism!
>you can only discuss games you like!

There are 'safe spaces' in the internet for you, kiddo. This isn't a safe space.

Not really, WW has nice visuals but they're pretty overrated. The ocean was dead despite having a unique style to express it.

>anime graphics
Kill yourself anytime, dumb weeb

The review must have played only the first 20 or so hours.
It was really great until they made you revisit areas and you had to see the same fucking assets again.
That's when I immediately dropped it.

It's quite clear when people see things like Skyrim and Dark Souls they always ask Nintendo "Why isn't Zelda like this?"

Problem is Nintendo should have kept doing their own thing, they're trying to make this game Skyrim but it looks like shit.

But he's right.