Set in San Diego

>set in San Diego
>the width of the map stretches across the border
>border is an integral part of the plot, what with the Cartel and sociopolitical satire
>inspired by neo-western media such as Breaking Bad, No Country For Old Men, and Hell or High Water
>more intuitive and engaging heists with dynamic setpieces (no more of the weak pseudo-mission bullshit that was in GTA V)
>mission revolving around stealing a self-driving car and evading police
>Donald Trump, Elon Musk, among others are lampooned throughout the duration of the story, although R* isn't doubling down on the Trump satire like everyone else is
>expect many reused assets from RDR2
These are the major elements from a very early draft of the game. Vice City was not the finalized game location for a stylistic reason.

I can see it, but I also don't see two games set in Southern California one after another. I know a bunch of san diegans will deny it but their city isn't distinguishable enough from la to the average person

idont really fuckin care where the game is set, it better have an enhanced version of GTA4's euphoria engine cause fuck GTA5 feels like a downgrade in every way imaginable. shame on them for even thinking they made a decent game with gta5.

lived in san diego, can confirm. rockstar pls dont do this

>inspired by neo-western media such as Breaking Bad, No Country For Old Men, and Hell or High Water

I really, really want a game like this. Don't know if GTA is the best way to make a game like that, but there does need to be a game like that.

Then they would ruin it with the online locked behind dolphin cards. costs 4 and half dolphin cards to buy a car.

Please no more hipster towns or modern times. I can only take so many social media memes. Make it set in Chicago, Detroit, or Tampa in the 90s.

T. GTA IV fanboy

San Diego isn't really well defined from Los Santos.

Vegas makes more sense. San Fran would also be good if it wasn't already done with Watch Dogs 2.

New York and Los Angeles are the only inherently iconic, well-defined US cities. Any other city's memorability has roots stemming from one of those two places in some capacity.

Does anyone really think it won't be Vice City again?

you're right, the physics in GTA4 totally do actually feel better than the physics of GTA5.

>"muh realism"

>Miami
>Seattle
>Washington DC

Just off the top of my head. LA is alright but NYC is a shithole only remembered for being the first place for immigrants.

t. nyfag

One of my dads works at Rockstar and he can confirm everything you're saying

I give you Washington and perhaps Seattle through a stretch of imagination, but as for Miami it's not the 80s anymore and it is essentially a downscaled LA or whatever have you.

why are you posting this person?

Dummy, you know it'll be set in Vice City next.

There is nothing to substantiate this apart from "muh patterns" and "muh VI:ce"

dude has some GOAT reaction faces
>pic so related

I'd kind of like them to tackle an Era again, 70s, 80s, early 90s... dunno which.

True, but it also doesn't make much sense to go back to Liberty City or retrace San Andreas again.

They will never do San Diego. It is so fucking boring. Nobody cares about San Diego.

late 80s DC for gtavi

A story that revolves conspiracies

You play as an undercover fib agent working on busting a large drug gang only to find out it leads to all the way back to the top politicians.

>California for a second time in a row
You're not even trying to be believable.

I agree user. GTAV feels like Technical Compromises: The Video Game. To get the map as large as it was on 7th gen consoles they had to trim so much of the technology from IV it's just sad. Sad that such a regressive game became a hit. I don't think they'll ever make a game as deep as IV again, normies just don't appreciate it.

>San Diego

Another libtown location? Fuck that

We need a rust belt GTA.

Or how about London

Texas.
>multiple big and different from each other cities
>lots of in between towns/countryside and plenty of open road
>guns
>drugs
>satire writes itself
You know you want it.

No. Nobody wants to play as tea sipping pussies

>Not wanting to play as a Cockney Londoner rioting against parliament and having some banter with the Queen at Nando's.
Pussy.

Fuck yes. Maybe not Detroit because it's low-hanging fruit, but how about Chicago or Pittsburgh?

I would like that since I'll never see an Indiana like one, but I'm not sure how they'd differentiate it a lot from Liberty City.

I can practically hear all the wall jokes already

Proof?
I'm pretty sure none of the main GTA games have ever been set in a real city.

>Donald Trump, Elon Musk, among others are lampooned throughout the duration of the story, although R* isn't doubling down on the Trump satire like everyone else is

Well, it's expected.
Rockstar likes making fun of absolutely everyone.
I mean, in GTA V you kill Mark Zuckerberg.

>sips tea too fast
>gets busted
gg game friend

We're the least libtown city on the west coast. Our mayor is a republican and we've turned down every tax hike for the last like 20 polls. We were the last county in California to ban plastic bags, even if that's horse shit that never should have happened. Once Trump removes the Mexicans we're going back to solid red baby.

test