So now that the dust has settled...

So now that the dust has settled, can we all agree this is the best PvP game to come out in recent years and that Ubisoft has officially redeemed itself?

yea, if they fix it, matchmaking, hangups on mp screen, no one to play with due to region restrictions, not enough UI options

it will either live forever or die in two weeks

From what I've tried it's pretty boring and simplistic.

The animations also feel horrible.

Overpriced for what you get.

No I disagree.

It's totally shallow and adolescent.

Yeah except everything about the online is complete ass.

I think it sucks.

If it was 20$ maybe then I would buy it.

For Honor has the best animation system of any game, period.

The animations look very realistic and smooth in motion, but playing with them is just disgusting and unsatisfying.

great game tbqh

Played 6 matches today with a friend and I'm not sure how I feel about it. Main thing I noticed was pairing up is op as fuck, just run around with a friend and you are almost unstoppable. The maps weren't that good and I wish they did more with the minions.

I think I'm going to pick up Wildlands, FH I'll get during a sale

>finally get the game to work
>go play duel with a bot
>pick Kansei cause weeb
>A signature of the Kensei is the ability to finish any chain with a Top Heavy Attack to perform an Unblockable Attack.
>try it
>bot blocked anyway
>he try his mega right swing to me
>get rekt
how do you block power strike?

Perhaps if you only expect DMC style complete animation cancelling. In a PvP swordfighting game that isn't a great choice.

I've got a free game code for this or ghost recon

About to try this now

Did I miss a ghost recon beta?

If they fix the fucking servers it might

yes, just a close beta last week

But this is a video game, snappy animations are just better and more fun to play with in my opinion.

You were playing shitters then. Double teaming is a surefire way to get fuckdd up by revenge

Anyone else unable to play atm?
Was working like 10 minutes ago now its dead.

don't worry ghost recon was shit.

It's okay but we'll see if I get bored by end of beta like I did with Overwatch.

I'd pay 20-25€ for it. Not worth 60 to me from what I've seen so far.

yep

account got suspended for trying to log in a lot wtf

I'm having a blast after port forwarding my router.

Also dig the amount of customization. Ubisoft redeemed imo.

That works fine in single player, not so much in a PvP game about reading your opponent.

PVP games are never worth 60 dollars. Overshit taught me that.

This has a single player campaign.

feels like I struggle to keep up with the block system. I wanna like it but I wanna break shit when I hit down instead of left or right even though the arrows for block direction complete a triangle covering 360 degrees, south east and south west should include the block ranges if you're going to UI it that way

Rarely do even good players manage to defend against an assault long enough to build up full revenge if they get flanked properly, and even if somebody does pop revenge you can usually kill them anyway or wait it out, depending on the class

At least Overwatch won't die for a long time. This might be dead in 3 months and that makes me very hesitant.

>that 200% terrible console UI
Goddamn I hate it

Overmemed is already dead

It's probably going to be a tacked on campaign mode anyway with brain dead AI. Games like these that you enjoy in short 2 hour bursts are 40 bucks tops, never 60.

>Overwatch
Don't you mean Evolve?

Why wouldn't that work? This game is easy to constantly parry your enemy, knock, get some hits in, repeat. This is easy because the animations to parry are so slow.

With a faster combat system it would make mistakes appear more often because you can't parry everything.

I aggree, the game seems fun but 60 eurodollars is pushing it.

You can parry most unblockables

the AI in For Honor are actually surprisingly good. I saw a bot run away to find backup when his health was low, and they seem to use all class abilities.

Was skeptical going into the beta, but it's won me. Just want to see what the game is like with a stable connection and not having to stop the game and reload every time someone leaves.

AND FIND A WAY TO STOP THOSE PUSSY FAGGOTS FROM RUNNING AND GET THEM TO STAND AND FUCKING FIGHT.

Been looking for something to get into and I like it. Had no real connection issues cuz im not poor or live in a literal who country. Customization is also pretty cool.

10/10 cant wait for the full multiplayer shit

>A signature of the Kensei is the ability to finish any chain with a Top Heavy Attack to perform an Unblockable Attack.
>try it
>bot blocked anyway

Are you sure? The unblockable attack glows orange and shows a big orange fireball icon on them when it connects.

>18gb for this crap
what a waste of bandwidth, this is worse than the fucking division. it's been a while since i played a game with combat that clunky and boring.

How do I git gud as Berserker?

You don't, you dodge

This. I was suprised at how they rushed at me so aggressively. Threw em down a hole the first couple of times kek

lol what the fuck are you on. You get revenge on like four blocks.

is it just me or does the peacemaker sometimes not register button
inputs when you try to dodge into attacks, I feel like this is how you're
supposed to play peacemaker but I can't get it working consistently

>Servers are down

Nah, it's trash. I've played all night with friends who seem to love it but it's possibly the most shallow and boring game I've played in years. I have the distinct feeling that I've done and seen everything it has to offer. That might be fine if the combat system were fun at all, but it isn't. Not a good game and will die very quickly.

Good point, only time I saw it happen was actually the couple times I managed to fight off a double team, was playing the flail and shield knight. That being said 95% of the time double teams just raped

t. a shitter who has only played against shitters

>dodging into attacks
This isnt dark souls you dont have invincibility frames do you?

Can anyone confirm? I took a sickday off work for this shit

Technically yes. All light classes have deflects when they dodge.

Thinking no, I have hit plenty of people while they were dodging.

read peacemakers ability, if you dodge into an attack you negate it's damage like aparry, peacemakers block only lasts a second anyway so you can't just keep holding a direction to block attacks. you have to re-hit that direction akin to MGR

>fucking suck
>watch yt videos of good guys
>they block everything and their melees look completely different to my shitter clown fiestas
If it was free I might bother to git gud
But lol 60€+ dlc

Only down for a bit. It's been about 8 minutes of downtime so far.

Right I think they are. Played a couple hours earlier. They are kinda spotty as is.

Haven't tried the beta yet. I'll play it tomorrow.

Knights > Samurai > Vikings

> it's possibly the most shallow and boring game I've played in years

What the fuck games have you been playing because id like some recommendations. These hypothetical games you are playing sound amazing if For Honor is this shit by comparison.

Attack, attack, attack, put constant pressure on and never stop attacking. Your infinite chain is light, heavy, light, heavy, light, heavy, infinity. You can change to any direction, except for a top heavy which will end the combo but do extra damage. The only way an enemy can stop the combo is blocking one of your lights. In that case, either side dodge and use your dodge attack to launch right back into the infinite combo, or deflect their attack and do the exact same thing as stated above. Berserker played like this melts people's health bars.

You're not paying for DLC. Everything is free and its guaranteed free new heroes and maps every 3 months.

>reigion restrictions
say what?

Not him but if your opponent can change his mind midswing, he is not punished for making the wrong decision. The only thing you can do to cancel your swings is commit to another swing, which is how fighting games do it as well.
Defense is also something you commit to and can be punished.

the dlc is free

Peacemaker shitters are so annoying in 1v1 but I managed to learn their playstyle and counter it. Seriously bleed or poison or whatever it is is fucking annoying

>Dust settled
>Game isnt out yet

Thats not how it works user...

Have they lowered the gold rewards from the last beta?

There's a season pass.

What's the season pass for?

peacemakers get countered hard by anything that can stun you for any length of time. the harassing guy is great and so is the shield unit. they all have their counters man.

This

That's something I guess

I haven't been able to find a match all day

I don't think i'll be buying this game

Nobushi and Peacekeeper attract the low skill players since they can get away with bleed for the first few days. Then people start to learn how to block and counter guardbreak.

Also if you really want to git gud cuz people are repeatedly blocking the light attacks of your infinite combo, when you're doing a heavy swing press B right after to do a feint, and then attack from the other direction. Constantly maintain tempo and keep your opponent on the back foot, always defending and desperately trying to figure out what direction you'll swing from next.

It's so fucking shit. All these big youtubers getting paid to say its good and the fucking morons who listen and buy this fucking memetrash.
Ubisoft marketing 10/10.
Ubisoft games 2/10.

if regional server locks are true then this is dead on PC in aus day one.

Getting the new heroes a week early. That's literally all.

>Bleed being OP

Lol, it's like fucking Deadliest Warrior then. I'm so fucking annoyed by that show because anyone who has a fucking dagger is almost always the victor. Warden and Lawbringer should be immune to bleed since they wear plate armor.

>Ubisoft marketing 10/10
shills get out

That's suprisingly non-Jewish for Ubisoft. What's the catch?

I dont watch gaming youtubers and I like the game

>inb4 ubishill

Hell you could simply speed everything up, but I have to imagine they've playtested the appropriate speeds to balance attack and defense.

Locked animations and reading attacks to provide appropriate defense are what the game is all about. My point is that if you use the free animation canceling common in single player games then an opponent can change their mind at any time and back out of an action. The balance of fast but weak and slow but powerful attacks is largely upset. There's little oppportunity to "whiff punish" and similar such actions. The game will feel more responsive, not doubt, but you lose a lot of strategic depth. The game may look like a third person aaction brawler, but mechanically it's cribbing a lot more from the divided "high/low/overhead" attacks and defense of one on one fighting games. Adapting them for free movement in 3d space.

They learned their lesson from Siege.

the new heroes are overpowered as fuck and will kill the game by the end of the week

>shitposting for shitpostings sake

>So now that the dust has settled
It's not even out yet you mongoloid

>A literal shitpost

Trying this after playing Nioh all week is painful. The combat in that is so fluid and fun, the combat here is a wonky abomination built on Ass Creed's combat with added rock paper scissors blocking.

>Comparing Nioh to this and this to Ass Creed
You have very serious brain problems

Obviously you're just saying random shit. I ain't here to defend the game, but the animations are godlike. Don't be that faggot.

>rock paper scissors blocking

Wut? It's just directional blocking. You see the attack coming before you need to put up your guard so it's just responding to the attack. There's no prediction required

>playing Korean souls

This has been a meme term in these Sup Forums threads since the first alpha.

Has anyone seen someone with gold armor yet?

It doesn't even make sense. There's nothing rock paper scissors about it aside from that there's 3 things

It's a top favorite meme used by Sup Forumsirgins that never played the game.
Their reasoning is that they could use guardbreak whenever and that you have to guess whethe they will do it or not. With enough practice you can counter it and you also know which classes tend to do it more often.

Only the running animations are. The attacks feel too floaty, especially the Wardens. The impact as good as say, hitting something with a n ultra great sword in Dark Souls.