Why is my gpu not working in overwatch?

I have a new custom built pc which is relatively mid to high end but I can't get any stable fps on overwatch. I played csgo and league just to check if my card is broken but I get 250fps.
when I'm in game (ow) my gpu is at 56°C and fans run at 10% speed.
has it something to do with overwatch settings ?
specs:
Win10 professional 64-bit
Gigabyte Z170 k3 gaming
Kingston HyperX DDR4 8GB@2400MHz
Intel i5 7600k(kabylake) @4,2GHz
AMD RX480 8GB nitro oc+ @1372MHz
be quiet pure power 500w psu
Transcend 256GB SSD
Enermax Liqmax 240 cpu cooler

Bump

>AMD

you need a dell gaming mouse

Is the monitor plugged into the graphics card or the motherboard? Generally on desktops you plug into what you want to use and the other shuts down. If you put the monitor on the onboard graphics port it will use the onboard graphics.

fuck you

>not having glorious i7 7700k
>wheres the 32gb ram
>the 1070??

For a second i thought that picture was a vista of some future punk city.

>rgb mobo
>1 ram chip
sort your life out son, you are a mess

Post screenshots of ingame graphics config screen.
Post screenshot of gfx card config screen.

Than you might get an answer.

It's plugged via dvi in my gpu. I love you too
Kek
I can post a better pic if you want

I have default ultra settings but turned vsync off and AA to 2x
My GPU is on default. Wattman is a small OC I found on the internet

You probably connected display to integrated graphics output

Well my mobo was on sale and gpu as well. I'll upgrade to 16GB next month.

is a 500W PSU enough for that build?

Border line. Quick check suggests max 490 on load

maybe it's not getting enough power then

Aye. OP it's just generally a good idea to have at least a 10-20% overhead when it comes to PSU wattage. If you dropped a 600W in that system you'd be absolutely sure it's not a power issue, and going from 500W to 600W is only $20 or $30 more expensive?

a friend of mine uses a 450w psu for a 480 and has better performance than me. could be psu related but why is my friend getting so much more performance ?

does he have overclocked parts with water cooling?

If it's a 450W from a reputable brand, it's probably a bit over-engineered and can withstand running at or above capacity for short periods. But, its lifetime is probably going to be cut down quite a bit because all the components are going to be stressed more than expected.

Anyway, here's what I'd do if I were you:
1) Check that your drivers are up to date. Pretty sure the Radeon software lets you check for updates and do it automatically from inside the program.
2) Run GPU-Z and go to the Sensors tab. That'll show you your GPU's clock speeds, fan %, and temperature
3) Run a stress test or benchmarking program like Unigine Valley, with GPU-Z running, and look at your temps, GPU load, etc.

If your temps are going way up, then you're getting throttled. RMA/warranty the card because it's not supposed to do that, obviously. If temps are fine but the GPU load isn't going up, then it's a software/driver issue. Hopefully it isn't that, because that's literally just trial and error until you find the culprit. It could be the card's drivers, it could be Windows, it could be the specific program, it could even be an issue with your memory, motherboard, or CPU.

MOST LIKELY, though, it's a driver issue and you need to update them. Second most likely, temperature throttling. Your card should be running somewhere around 30-50 degrees celsius at idle, and no higher than 75 or 80 at load. After that you start reinstalling programs, checking individual RAM sticks, plugging the card into a different computer and seeing if you have the same issue, reinstalling Windows, etc.