For Honor

What faction you gonna support Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/E3ywC5L.gif
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Saracens when

Kniggas for life.

DEUS VULT

A Crusade upon the weaboo and neckbeards

Samurai obviously. Vikings are tryhards and Knights are roleplaying neckbeards.

Beta is kind of fun, but I'm not buying the game. P2P servers+Ubisoft can suck a dick.

went with vikings cause their the least memey with no weeb or le deus vult xD reddit memes.

The dilf in the middle obviously. I wanna hold onto that beard while he's ravaging me.

I want to FUCK a FemWarden.

I'm torn between playing Vikings or the Knights, it will probably depend on how nice the Lawbringer is to play

Then again, the only character I like on the Vikings is the Raider and maybe the Warlord. Wardens are awesome still and so are conquerors, so knights yeah

>plays Samurai
>calling others roleplaying neckbeards
fuck off weeb

vikings. any anons got any tips?

Beta is complete garbage. Makes Chivalry look fun.

Chivalry is fun...

>Game is called For Honor
>people just sprint away and try to gang up on eachother

What did they mean by this?

Vikings. I went with Samurai in closed beta and we got rekt so fuck those assholes, I'm joining winners this time.

not Ubisoft that's for sure

>no bleed
>no poison
>no unblockables
>no range
>no speed

what the fuck does conqueror have?

>guard that's as easily broken as anyone else's
>shield bash that pushes people out of your pitiful range and is a worse version of warden's shoulder
>a charge up heavy that can possibly bait out an attack but makes you slow and drains your stamina

Oh. If there are any magic secrets or techniques to actually make conqueror viable against non retards, I'm all ears.

Well I just tried it. Combat is very un-intuitive. Hold three buttons to accomplish a simple attack. Pay attention to the giant floating markers telling you how the enemy will attack instead of paying attention to their movements like Chivalry. Also requires Uplay so that already deducts from my enjoyment. Not enjoying it so far.

>a charge attack that wrecks the shit out of everyonje and has way more range than it seems
>a retard-proof shield bash that does NOT put people out of your range if you're not retarded
>Blocking all day all night easily, just learn to counter guardbreak and you'll be impenetrable

Just leave, we conquerorbros don't want shitters like you.

As much as I feel like a pleb for complaining about this, this is kind of an issue. Why even bother putting fucktons of emphasis on 1v1 combat only to put time and resources in retarded modes that very little of the playerbase is even going to enjoy? It sure is fucking fun playing Deathmatch when 3 of your teammates go down and have to fight 3-4 guys at once

Ringouts are fucking stupid, its even worse that there are no maps without them so you can just have a straight up fight.

None, I'm not buying your shit ubisoft. Fuck off shill.

Running away and getting buffs is way to easy and fast to do so. You should take mroe damage when running away or take longer to start sprinting if you're moving away from a combat you haven't finished.

>spinning pinwheels of death through exploits

Yeah that's a fun time. Chivalry was at its best on release, its long since lost its magic.

>guy just stands there as you run at him
>on top of a bridge no less

I said against non retards, retard.

It's not the ringouts that are bad. It's on some maps you spawn with your back to one and the opponent doesnt. It makes you so predictable at the start of a match that it can be crippling.

This is for 4v4 I haven't tried the other modes as much

I play only the best faction

Samurai because I want to see female shingoki.

ATTENTION Sup Forums!

Ubisoft are aggresively marketing their latest title and will deflect any valid criticisms with nonsensical arguments. Below is a list of the lies Ubishills will repeatedly reguritate to deflect genuine concerns about this game in order to increase pre-orders and day one sales.

>P2P is used in all fighting games for a more stable connection!
FALSE. Many players including myself repeatedly got disconnected mid-match due to Ubisoft's cost cutting

>Quick time events are featured in all fighting games! It's just a fighting game thing bro!
FALSE. The animations were designed to be readable by the developers but quick-time event direction markers were included to cater to console players who are too casual to play without them.

>B-but you can disable the quick-time even-
Silence shill. No serious player will do this as they will be put at a disadvantage.

>Dominion is meant to be shitty. 2v2 and 1v1 is the main mode bro.
Oh really shill? That's why everyone who presses quick match gets put into Dominion, huh? I can't wait until the REAL main mode of 2v2 gets 5 minute wait times due to low population within 6 weeks.

If you see any of the above arguments be sure to call out the user for what they are: a member of the Ubisoft marketing department.

Shugoki are male locked.

>that one 1v1 map that's almost exclusively a bridge

You have two options, try and bait the other guy to the end of the bridge and have your fight in a space no bigger than a closet, or fight on the bridge where your opponent will try to ring you out 100%.

>what the fuck does conqueror have?

Counter attack heavies

Source? You'd think that with Ubisoft's record they'd be jumping at the chance to include a fat woman in their game.

picking a faction literally has no effect on gameplay, especially not on which characters you can pick

all it affects is whether you get free items or not from your team "winning" the pointless domination metagame every few weeks

retard-proof parries user
conq can parry every attack and even if he fucks up the timing a bit he has a block on the startup of his heavy attack so you block everything anyways

also he has shieldcharge which is an unblockable guardbreak that you can follow up with a guaranteed light attack

and shield charge is great for abusing cliffs

Google, faggot. It also says it in the game as one of the loading screen tips.

Is there a Roman/Eastern Roman faction

in that case them

Weeb, I like Knightfag/Vargposter tears.

How do I beat a peacekeeper who spam dodge attack?

I got no problem with other classes, but peacekeeper dodge then attack window timing is really a problem.

>Duel matchmaking is dead as fuck
>Brawl matchmaking is the most active but if you lose the first round your teammate leaves 60% of the time

What the fuck can you even do against that faggot rogue knight with 2 swords spamming light attacks in all directions. There's literally no way to defend your self.

Peacekeeper is broken. Her attacks are so fast when she enters combo that the hit direction indicator cannot keep up. You just need to guess which direction she is going to attack and block.

Good thin is that at least she goes down quickly if you land a few hits.

vikings are the original reddit meme

>she

i thought you could change gender in the options? or is it certain heroes.

Peacekeeper, Nobushi and Valkyrie are female locked.

vikings because I'm Norwegian

> the hit direction indicator cannot keep up

Wait, the hit direction also got timing window?
Jesus no wonder sometime I failed at parrying when my mouse already at the correct position.
I'll try recording my next duel to see what is the delay of the block indicator.

If this really true then no wonder I always fail to block Peacekeeper dodge attack.

nice game!

peacekeeper actually gets a guaranteed hit if she deflects something with dodge

the game seems weirdly balanced because there is shit like this where, against a perfect/good enough player, it isn't ever safe to use a normal attack

>everyone queues for 2v2
>but "ganking is mean" so they just play 2x 1v1-while-standing-near-a-buddy
what's the point

Do I need to play the same faction as my friends?

why does feinting attacks cost ADDITIONAL stamina??? i feint a heavy into a light and im down to like 25% stamina from full

>if she deflects something with dodge

No no no, What I meant is the PK is spamming dodge attack not evade my attack with dodge.

Basically she just spamming dodge left and right and chipping my HP little by little and strangely most of my parry/block doesn't land.
Like there was a lag but this happen to most high level PK who spams her dodge attack.

The only group worth fighting for

yes you wont be able to play together unless you are the same faction

I don't think there's a timing unless you're playing an assassin class. You might be having the same issue I'm encountering when a chain of regular hits on the same side randomly breaks through your guard when it has been on that side the whole time. It happens a lot with nobushi, berserker and peacekeeper, probably because they can quickly combo.

I unironically like Dominion

nah you can play with your friends

The time it shows you that the attack is coming from the left, she will land the hit even if you started blocking left immediately the indicator turned red.

Feint is great strategy against high level dueler who usually parry your attack.

>slash slash heavy
>enemy ready to dodge/parry
>feint
>attack with 100% slash/heavy.

Against low level dueler its shit because they just spam everything.

i.imgur.com/E3ywC5L.gif

>inb4 imgur
its a fucking 20Mb gif and I'm too lazy to convert it.

I only like it when I play with friends. Otherwise I can't not get mad at how stupid the people playing that mode are. Not only do they have 0 dueling skill, they don't understand what to do with objectives.

If we are to learn from Chivalry? What happens if 2 players decide to Feint all day?

Am i a shill if i call you a faggot?

you can only feint by canceling out of heavy attacks
the other guy can throw out a light attack and hit you mid-animation still

DEUS VULT

Just played the beta for a bit, not really sold on the game though. Everything felt kinda samey after a while.

Good players clan not only block that shit but parry it. Prove you claim, cause it sounds like u mad cause bad.

>Game has ring out mechanics

Oh boy, I can already see myself screaming and cussing autistically. I fucking hate games that put in a ring out mechanic, it's so easy to abuse it and doesn't really make the game feel like a "duel" when everyone is just going to push you off the edge every time.

What's your experience with the actual players in each faction, Sup Forums?

Samurai:
Annoying trolls. If you encounter a shit-talker or a rager it's probably a samurai player. 9/10 seem to play spear girl
Viking:
Play to win but lack skill
Knights:
Most skilled on average but boring personality. More shield fags

>calling people that are shitting on the game , "shills"

is this some sort of neo-nu-ironic-anti-shitposting falseflagging troll?

How do you see enemy or friendly team faction?

Knights. Vikings are a nice second, weeaboos need not apply

Peacekeepers constantly rely on jabbing you til bleed then running away, or just sitting there and spamming RB. Scrub class.

Its shit that's why in any of my duel I always run to an open space with no ledge.
Thanks fuck most of my enemy also do the same, we all hate ledges.

This shit does not deserve to be in duel mode.

>kill guy
>keep teabagging him
>get message
>pic related
I like this game

>elimination mode.

scrub

>Knights
never fucks around in a battle, tendancy to turn to cheese tactics if they start to lose, will act pretty cool when not fighting
>Vikings
super aggression, will find the one or two things that work and unload it on you repeatedly till one of you are dead
>Samurai
memelord spearsluts who hit you twice and then play it super safe so you die out to bleed, or memelord orochi who do the ebin run attack and then swing at you 10 times before running away and doing it all over again, orochi in particular will spam emotes when you're dead 100% of the time

Yeah, the 180 crouch overhead is pretty fucking stupid. I'll admit it was waaaay better when it was new.

What about Kensei?

Samurai so I can teleport behind my enemies

they're alright

Freaking hell, maybe I should do meme stuff with my kensei.

Kensei are honorable swordsmen who do no wrong

Just look at their emblem at the start/end of the match. Samurai have rectangle emblems, vikings have round shields, knights have kite shields

Agatha Knights

to be honest Kensei are the only samurai players who don't act like cunts both in chat and in action

>All rusian stream play viking
>Close beta Viking dominating the faction war at the end
>Open beta Viking recking everyone in faction war since the beginning.

D E U S V U L T

Are you the Orochi who I beat 7 times with my Kensei in duel mode just recently?

Is the matchmaking busted or is the game already dead as fuck? Finding a duel match takes forever.

Whats the real nigga shit?

Lets go deeper than just factions. Class breakdown:
>Warden, Kensei
Good, solid players who just want to win without complication
>Raider
Desperately want that "push off a cliff"moment and to knee you in the face. Also shit players who think he looks easiest to play
>peacekeeper, orochi
R1 spammers who think they're the shit
>berserker
will try really hard for their infinite combo. Likely to run away if at any time they have less health than you
>Warlord, Conquerer
will alternate between turtling until they get revenge or backup and spamming heavy attack and their special rushing move
>nobushi
Stab and run away all of the day. Memesters that singlehandedly give samurai a bad name. If you manage to get one in a 1v1 fight they are the absolute worst players in the game

nobody plays duel mode because it hurts their feelings if they lose.

Also the whole game seems to be designed centered around the Dynasty Warriors game mode anyway so that's what most people play. If you do quickplay you end up in that mode

The vikings have the best shields for emblems. If i actually buy the game i'd go with those even if i personally would rather join the knights.

>Finally done doing 5 hours run of my Kensei
>Watch stream not a single Kensei player.

Sad

It depends on what you want to do with it.

Sadly everybody right now just has a generic random emblem, but there's a lot of room for creativity. I'm surprised I haven't seen a samurai with a playing card emblem yet, given the shape

>map updates
>vikings rekt

racist game

It seems like the attack and defense values are multiplied by how much land you currently have negatively.

For example, if the Vikings controlled half the map, then all their attacks would be worth 1/2 and the attacks against them would be worth double. That's what it looks like is happening to me. They probably did it this way to prevent one group from taking over the whole map. Anyway the end result is that vikings are going to shoot up and down like the tides every update until it stabilizes at some sustainable median value

>Every forum discussion
>weeb
>deus vult
>weeb
>deus vult
>meanwhile mighty Viking conquer all the lands in faction war without need to boast their e-peen.