Tales of Berseria

Is it just me, or does Velvet Crowe have a slight anger management problem?

All she really needed was to eat an apple. OH WAIT.

It's just you.

Her anger is fully justified.

Being left in a pit to fight for your life, for three years, tends to do that to people.

Finally, a best girl OP

She just needs a hug

I want to head pat Edna

She's on her period.

>Censored
>Denuvo
>Buying Denuvo games

LOL

Should've just gotten pregnant and she wouldn't have to suffer.

>Denuvo
But I bought it on my PS4

Why does this game not let you take screenshots on PS4?

Yes, I am.

dats a filthy daemon, not a girl tho

I also wish to do things to Edna.

Why do birds sleep?

So why was she possessing so much lust? Was it ever actually explained anywhere?

STOP

Same reason all animals sleep.

The brain needs to stay active throughout all your day and is not connected to the lymphatic system. When you sleep it is flooded with brain liquid and the toxins are extracted.

Girl is a sex, and she is clearly a girl.

Edna is not for sexualizing

DELET THIS

Thats... acceptable.

Wish I had a PS4, I'm left waiting for a crack.

She wanted to fuck her brother.

It was lust for her brother.
Lust isn't necessarily sexual even tough that's how it's most commonly used.

The localization team sure fucked up
I'm doing a bunch of sidequests before the final dungeon and there are typos everywhere
The characters in english sound like they are saying something but the words are wrong in the text box
an example would be the sidequest wheere you go to haria to get medicine there are typos up the ass and some of the sentences just don't make sense
it sucks because the game is great but these typos and voice lines that get cut off are not helping

When does this game get good? I just broke through that fortress with Eizen and his crew reasonably early in the game. So far Zestiria was way better.

I mean...I expected this response but desu it probably makes the most sense, I can't think of anything else

It can mean desire, right? I don't see how that would cause malevolence though, I mean Vel 'lusted' for Laphi and Eizen 'lusted' for his sister then surely? They were just being protective after all

According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a Laphicet should be able to fly. It's wings are too weak to get its frail body off the ground. The Laphicet of course, flies anyways because Laphicet don't care about what Lords of Calamity think is impossible.

this is why the ps3 translation patch is better.
the typos are fixed and the game is the uncensored japanese dialogue.

>When does this game get good?
As soon as the opening movie plays.

How is the ps3 emulator senpai?

I know it already plays project diva, but can it play berseria, vesperia or persona 5?

Haha! Great post, but... *teleports behind you and knocks you down with a single punch* I'm not in the mood for your stupid f***ing jokes right now, got it?

It's a different kind of desire, rather than "something I want" it's more of a "I feel uncomfortable not having this". While Velvet and Eizen are both protective of someone, they can deal with not being around them, while Teresa is a lot more perturbed by the possibility of losing Oscar.

True, the prologue in Velet's village was actually pretty solid. Ever since the prison escape and up to the fortress breakthrough it's been mediocre at best, though. The characters have zero chemistry and Velvet is like a poor replica of Squall.

it's like that on a few other PS4 games, I'd heard at one point its because of music licenses or some shit. I don't know how true that is, but you can record in the Area islands.

We surveyed 100 people to ask them "Why do birds fly?" Six answers on the board.

Good point user, thanks. I guess there is a more obsessive element to Teresa now that I think about it

>Stab your brother in front of you as a sacrifice
>Left in a pit to fend for herself for years
>Had to kill her sister
>Brother was actually betraying her

You're right. I don't understand it as well. She should have been a calm and stoic person and not seek revenge or anything.

I just got to this part, Artorious did them dirty man.

Rangetsu Family vs ...?

Crowe family woudl be unfair

Gee I wonder why she's one step from turning into a Khornate Berserker...

After what she experienced it's pretty damn justifiable for her to be angry as fuck.

>family feud
Not sure if intentional but it made me laugh.

I guess the Abbey legates could work

>Crowe family
>becaus-
>AARRRTOOOORRIIOOOUUSSS

emulator is still pure garbage and will be more many years to come

just get a real CFW PS3 for $100 on ebay or online resellers

>Just NOW realized I had 4 extra slots for attacks by hittling the left stick down on the artes menu.

>malevolence is DARKNESS
So we KH now?

Hey! HEY!!! Why the f*** isn't anyone replying to me sh*tpost?!

>tfw PUNISHED OSCAR
>A disgraced exorcist
Too pure for this world.

If what happened to her, happened to you, and you aren't pissed.

You got a different problem.

unfair, artorius know the real anwer

It isn't actually there from the start, a boss drops the item that unlocks it at some point.

I guess nobody reads the description of those things.

I love velvet

I'd be pretty hype about having a demon arm at least.

In Japanese it is 愛欲, which means attachment (esp. to one's family or a member of the opposite sex)

If Laphi never got taken by Velvet would he and Eleanor have become the next Oscar and Teresa?

What are they teaching Phi these days? Good thing Magilou and Eleanor are there to keep him pure.

Eleanor would have never gotten Phi.

He would have stayed on as Teresa's number 2. Assuming she didn't successfully sudoku him on Velvet, Phi would have been taken by Melchior a while later.

>Magilou
>there to keep him pure

I feel the same. The opening is really solid but the rest hasn't been very interesting.

fucking hell

Berseria > Zestiria

>does it feel good Laphicet?

>The characters have zero chemistry
So you are skipping the skits and dialogue then?

That's not really competition senpai

I haven't played Berseria yet, but Zestiria was hot garbage so that really isn't much of an accomplishment.

Does it still have the same horrid combat system?

When will people learn to draw?

No, it has an even worse one.

Not him, but combat system in Zestiria is a clunky garbage and it is arguably the worst Tales game.

But they were the pure ones... Velvet will keep him pure tho right?

Are you actually claiming the characters have chemistry at that point in the game? Because if you are, you're either a fanboy, shill or deluded. Most skits are just Rokurou saying something and Velvet shutting the conversation down with some angsty line about how she doesn't care or something like that.

I'm not american, ps3 here is expensive as fuck.

Modern Tales ranking

Zestiria > Xillia 2 > Xillia > Vesperia > Berseria > Graces

>skeleton arms
My fucking sides.

I think you made that list backwards and accidentally put Berseria between graces and Vesperia.

>Zestiria
>best modern tales game

I'm not a drone with shit taste, so no, I didn't.

I just learned about the 4 elementals, how long until the end ? I'm 58 hours in.

VELVET
BIRDS
LMAO

Not too long now

Zestiria is the Dark Souls II of Tales. It was decided by the epic internet hivemind that it's shit for no reason, and now everyone who's afraid of not being accepted blindly parrots it. Notice the similarity between the two in that the only thing people can come up with to defend their position is rubbish like "MUH ROSE BIAS" or blatant falsehoods.

BIRDS
FLYING
LMAO

Seres

That's cheating, Rangetsu family is stupidly OP.
You can only pit them against each other.

k i appreciate it
gtfo of thread

So, what's left?

Velvet is pretty boring for the first half of the game or so. She's just "muh revenge" while giving the occasional quip or death stare. Even her interactions with Phi are pretty weak and Rokurou and Eizen are the main ones that mentor him.

After you get Titania as your home base she starts getting a lot better. Then she goes nuclear for a while following a certain event. But after that she pretty much becomes a blend between her old self and tones down on the edge a bit and becomes a much better character.

LORD OF CALAMITY
AVIANS
LMAO

honestly, I find Velvet's anger problem kind of adorable. Most of the game she's trying hard to sound tough but she's could do way worse. Sure she's really fucking pissed about Artorius and she's trying not to think too hard about the consequences of her actions but it's clear she's retained a lot of her former morality. That's why it's so sweet when Laphicet tells her he was the one who proposed sacrificing himself and her revenge is entirely for her own feelings.

A lot of the game she feels like Reaper. Trying too hard to convince people she's evil.

I'm at a similar point in the game as him and don't really see her as full edge-lord. Sure it's 'muh revenge' but it doesn't seem coupled with forcing herself to put up a front about it. Maybe it gets worse then gets better but I just don't get the hyper edgy vibe, just rather edgy.

that line was "I'M GOING TO KILL PRAXIAS" levels of edgy. Not "Where's that DAMN 4th Chaos Emerald?" bad but it's up there.

Why do fishes swim?

Is there a method to doing Level 2 MAs? I keep doing the requirements like holding L2 after an 8 hit combo, but I can never get Lost Fon Drive to trigger.

Oh come on. Zestiria had a lot of problems outside of Rose. I didn't even mind her that much but the rest of the game had some pretty glaring flaws.

-Equipment and skill system was pure shit and it was literally RNG that decided if you had a good skill set-up or not.
-Skits were handled in a dumb way instead of just having them pop up naturally they were mostly confined to happening at save points, so you'd have a ton pop at once.
-Armatization was a cool concept on paper but handled in a really rough way.
-Battle system offered very little freedom. There was some fun to be had with it, but you were very limited in what you could actually do if you tried to push the limits. Not even talking about making needless combo videos either.
-A lot of the environment and dungeon designs were bland and lifeless. Sadly this carried over to Berseria too.
-Story felt rushed at points with a lot of character development dropped with no conclusion

I don't think Zesty is the "worst" game ever, but it had a lot going against it.

Shit > Zestiria > Xillia 2 > Xillia > Vesperia > Berseria > Graces

FIXED FOR YA! Fuck modern Tales games.

Maybe she would have mellowed out earlier if Phi had manned up and rammed his dick into her and bathed her hungry deamon womb in his purifying seed.

This bird posting is getting pushed too hard.