New Psychonauts game

>New Psychonauts game

>its VR meme shit

THANKS TIM

store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/psychonauts-in-the-rhombus-of-ruin/cid=UP2154-CUSA05808_00-PSYCHONAUTSITROR

Other urls found in this thread:

eurogamer.net/articles/2017-02-06-crowd-funded-psychonauts-2-picks-up-publisher
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I could be working on the promised sequel to the game I told everyone I could make...nah, lets get in on this VR fad before it dies.

Do I actually need a VR headset to play this? Please tell me I can just map the head turning and everything to a controller. Even if it's this bullshit I still can't believe I'm looking at a new Psychonauts game coming out in 10 days and I really want to check it out

Psychonauts was ok, nothing great

why is obsessed over so much?

This game is apart of the sequel from the early gameplay footage I've seen from it.
It's like a prequel to the sequel

>PlayStation®VR Required
>PlayStation®Camera Required

guess I've gotta find a few hundred dollars thanks Tim, nice job making one good cult hit and then riding it for more than a decade.

Makes me realize how fucking cool a sequel to Second Sight or Psi-Ops would be in VR.

This has been known for a while.
>In our spare time, we're working on a VR Psychonauts game as well, expect that early-mid next year
Or something like that.

I thought Psychonauts was fantastic. One of the funnest games I've played in recent memory.

I haven't played anything else by Shafer and don't pay attention to e celeb shit so don't care what he's done since. But I love his game. Sup Forums needs to stop needlessly hating on anything he's done.

Wait, THIS is Psychonauts 2? The same one Tim Schafer asked 4 million fucking dollars for?

No. It's a side game.

I was really worried for a second there too but I looked it up and it thankfully isn't. Just some side game spin off. Still, he shouldn't have wasted money on this when he should be making 2, considering his past financial troubles.

cool your fuckin jets, garfield, I know you're looking for the next retarded shit to spam KOTICK WAS RIGHT XD in every thread about but this ain't it.

>characters hint at lili being's raz's girlfriend
>she's too in shock to process it

fucking tease
I want the kiss already

funny? in what way? I am genuinely confused why people praise this game so much, it feels like nothing more than early 2000's "humor" wrapped up in an interesting setting

Fun game, a lot to do, lots of character, dialogue, really diverse levels, tons of good jokes with mind stuff
Had a few cut-off points where you're locked out of exploring a ton of shit, otherwise pretty great overall.
But it's been over 10 years and Doublefine hasn't made a good game since this, the sequel has no shot.

Because it was unique and memorable in its setting, had a sense of humor and was a competent game besides all that. People remember other games fondly for less, just fucking enjoy it.

I said funnest, not funniest. Though now that you mention it I guess the humor was fairly amusing, but not really a standout. What I loved was the world design, the atmosphere and level design. The platforming mechanics and the floating ball was fun as well.

>meme starts after broken age
>a game for which nobody has ever had to pay twice
what did gamergate mean by this???

eurogamer.net/articles/2017-02-06-crowd-funded-psychonauts-2-picks-up-publisher
>Starbreeze is funding $8m on top of the crowdfunded $3.8m
It's gonna be Broken Age on a whole new level

comfy as fuck, teebeeH
I genuinely feel bad if you couldn't get into it

have an amazing voice cast, expand hugely in scope beyond what was promised, and cost nothing extra to backers who already bought in?

The footage of Psychonauts 2 looks good here, but its a test area. The style they are going for is really fucking good though

I can't believe someone is dropping 8 million on a sequel to a game that was a huge flop financially. There's no way they're going to get their money back.

Guess It's just not my cup of tea then, ill make sure to avoid Psychonauts 2

Pyschonauts is great, one of the best 3D platformers out there. Double Fine has fallen a long way since though, and while Double Fine gets a lot of deserved hate for the things it has done, its older games like Psychonauts and Brutal Legend were great games with occassional flaws.

Psychonauts really impressed me with how creative it was in almost every aspect. The level designs were amazing, the abilities were cool, and the characters were great. I think the bit where you are just a brain and have to telekinesis yourself over to Olliander's brain is comparable to shooting the Moon in Portal 2 in being a stroke of mad genius.

Psychonauts had a lot of great humor, almost every line by Dr. Loboto was quotable. I think Tim Schafer is a great writer, which comes out in every game he has worked on, but he's a terrible manager.

Honestly I loved the game unequivocally and I still agree with this. I guess it would make sense if that was largely going towards marketing but DF has never been big on marketing. I don't know about starbreeze.

that sounds like genuinely good reasoning, although I don't know why you felt the need to alert us. It's probably safe to say "if you didn't like the first game in [NICHE FRANCHISE] you don't really need to buy [SEQUEL TO NICHE FRANCHISE]"

But user, Grim Fandingo is nearly 2 decades old now.

Wow, that art style is gorgeous.

or just wait until psychonauts 2 instead of dropping a couple hundo on essentially a demo

>Game's been known to be in development for probably a year
>'Wow what the fuck is this!?'

Great job OP

>defending doublefine

when did Sup Forums get so reddit

I'm never going to buy another one of that fat bastard's games after he killed Spacebase DF-9.

I call people retards if they're acting like retards. Double Fine making a really fucking mediocre adventure game with Broken Age and fucking up hard on DF-9 doesn't give OP a free pass to be dumb

And since we're on calling people newfags, with the Reddit accusations I'm guessing you came here in 2012 or something like that?

"I want VR to have real games that make it worth of using"

"N-no not like this"

how many fundraisers did the game have?

If I recall they had one

>crowdfunded $3.8m
The majority was "investors"

And the way fig works means they are in some really weird loophole and we don't even know if they paid up yet

then it must have been the
"making part 2 from sales of part 1" thing

>promised sequel
>it's just going to be a 10 second VR experience instead

The sequel is a separate thing.
This is just a VR thing about the cliffhanger of Psychonauts 1 that Sony funded.

>People back a game
>Have to pay more money for game that isn't even what they backed

Wew. This is why you don't support jews like Schafer.

I wonder if they made their money back on digital with the Steam release years later. Its like 5 dollar tier for awhile now.

I think the reasoning is it will launch on PC which needs platformers and games like that, and maybe have a bigger push on PS4/Xbone/Switch?

Did everyone from Sup Forums when this was originally announced leave?
It's fucking common knowledge that this is a separate project from the sequel.

Sony is funding it. IIRC Sony is the one who asked Double Fine to make something for PSVR. Rhombus of Ruin is not being funded from the same pool as Psychonauts 2. It's entirely separate, but I guess Sup Forums would rather make up shit to get angry about instead.

but people who backed part 1 automatically got part 2 for free user

>Have to pay more money for game that isn't even what they backed
[citation needed]