Redpill me on Heroes of Might and Magic 3

Redpill me on Heroes of Might and Magic 3

I can't seem to get into it
>you constantly have to create new units and fuse them with your old which creates a lot of backtracking
>you constantly have to revisit your stat boost locations in order to upgrade your heroes
>having too many heroes and towns is. not. fun.
>so much fucking waiting. waiting till you have enough money and units, waiting till everything is upgraded, uargh.
>it gets repetitive and boring after a while

hmmm no tbqh

Ah, the babby one hero strategy
Learn to use 8 heroes and scavenging, retard

I know what's wrong.

You're not slav.

>being a slavshit
I'd rather kill myself.

If you only want to play against the AI, you can get by with 2-3 active heroes.

One main hero with your main army that roams around from game start. You then recruit another hero at home day 1 so you get some extra units you can pool into your main hero's army. The secondary hero then just sits at home and you use him to cart around all newly recruited units each week.

The AI, on higher difficulties, will swarm you with mediocre armies and you'll end up in a situation where you can't leave home, which can be frustrating as fuck. You really just need to kind of learn to manage your units and play many heroes even against the AI if you want to beat the highest difficulties.

Alternatively, and especially on huge maps, take the spell abilities required to get town portal (earth magic, lvl 4 spell) and pray you get it in one of your cities. Never need more than one hero again if you also have enough mana to keep spamming it.

>knows where the ramparts are
>hasn't taken the cities yet
>complaining about not having enough gold

You should really kill yourself because you will never be able to enjoy videogames on the same level slavs do.

>redpill me

kill yourself

mistake 1: you're playing the HD remake. don't do that. get the original + Shadow of Death + Armageddon's Blade. ya dummy.

mistake 2: have multiple heroes to bring units to you, or town portal.

this is 50% of the game, its not meant for you

>waiting

the only waiting i do is in battle. if you aren't constantly fighting the first 3 weeks you're gonna have a bad time in multiplayer games when gregor shows up week 2 with 7 archangels and slaps your town's ass.

How do you even get 7 archangels by week 2? RNG?

griffin conservatory

griffin conservatory + upgrade fort.

a lot of good players will beeline to the nearest ones, or to the dragonfly hive, and use the angels/wyverns to clear even more camps without unit losses.

>H3 meta is literally just playing with creature banks for a total of 2 (two) creature types that matter
>also fuck economy we'll just take dragon utopia

Nice strategy Vladislav

>only one meta

game's been out this long and you STILL didn't play multiplayer?

It's pretty much got one meta. If you can't do that meta you're looking to get opportunities to play that meta anyway. Magic school value is extremely lopsided. All the pros basically just play Jebus Cross all day every day or a couple other standard templates. I've seen many a multiplayer game in my day and they've really devolved into the same thing over and over. The game basically doesn't have enough stuff in it for any other type of play at a competitive level.

Maybe if it had more robust magic, maybe if there wasn't only a small subset of heroes you wanted to own, maybe if map objects were a bit more diverse so that fast creeping isn't so one note.

I think i figured out your issue, OP
I am kinda agree, heroes is a little lacking if you seek actually complex mechanics or the like.
Despite being turn-based, heroes series was always on a casual side. This user says it better hereMaybe that's the reason why amongst the slavs even a little girls enjoy it a lot? I remember when i and my sister were a small slav kids that we played it a lot, so can confirm.

Where do you guys play online anyway? I want to try the multiplayer for H5 is gameranger the only option?

HoMM was always meant to be a casual strategy series akin to chess in battles with a map you explore outside of battles. The fact that people play it "competitively" is funny since it usually involves banning all the fun stuff.

Because HoMM2 is better

>playing multiplayer
tryhards

>it usually involves banning all the fun stuff.
Yeah, it's the only proof needed to demonstrate it was never meant for competitive play.

On the other hand, the OP fun stuff is also why it's so fun to play kind of like Dominions 4.

Multi with friends is fun. Tourney rules are shit.

>learn how waiting in combat works and how unit speed affects turns
>make use of 1-stacks in combat to effectively take on fights that would otherwise be very difficult
>learn how to hero chain for faster unit accumulation
>know what to go for on your map, use scout heroes to plan ahead what to pick up
>make sure to build in the correct order in relation to the resources available in your surroundings
>don't put your entire army on one hero, split it up to maximize efficiency

Those Blood Dragons, does anybody really think that making t7 vampires is a good idea

HoMM2 aged better I got to say. HoMM3 looked amazing back in 1999 but some of the renders just look cheap as fuck nowdays.

What was Aging and Soultaker?

>Splitting up armies

best fast units go to the main hero, the rest are for defense, blindly spliting only gets your ass handed to you

Aging halves the stacks maximun health after an attack for 3 turns

soultaker must be new to that mod because i never saw it

>you constantly have to create new units and fuse them with your old which creates a lot of backtracking
you dont, and there is no backtracking in a strategy game, and portion of the map is potentially relevant, always.
>you constantly have to revisit your stat boost locations in order to upgrade your heroes
No again, it helps, but it is never necessary.
You mean "confusing for you".
>so much fucking waiting. waiting till you have enough money and units, waiting till everything is upgraded, uargh.
If you play badly, yes, but by the same logic, Dark Souls is a game about grinding for thousands of hours until you are lvl 1000 and can offset how much you suck at the game.
>it gets repetitive and boring after a while
Repetitive maybe, depending on how you play, but boring is subjective.

Fret not though, because you are allowed to not like a game you are bad at without losing too much face, or having to ridicule yourself by claiming that the game is shit, falling ever deeper in a logical hole you will no be able to argue yourself out of, having barely played, and therefore, known the game.

>wog

I do prefer 2's visual style but 3 still looks pretty good when not upscaled or poorly painted over like OP's pic. Can't wait for the mod that brings HoMM2's aesthetics to HoMM3. I'm not a fan of a few of the sprites but it's still WIP. The weird smooth look to the nomad's horse just needs to be fixed.

>The secondary hero then just sits at home and you use him to cart around all newly recruited units each week.
wrong, the secondary hero follows the first one and picks up every thing so the primary one only expends movement for getting from fight to fight and statincreasing locations.
The tertiary one you hire once the first week is over is the one who delivers troops.

Am I the only one who loves heroes 4? For all the faults it had I loved playing as OP fucking mages and making a roving max level hero only death squad.

You know, people like to shit on heroes4 for a lot of reasons, but i kinda liked it then i finally played it.
The magic system was the most fun here.
Damn leprechauns tho, they looked horrible
Welcome to the club

One of my IRL friends that we used to play HoMM with likes it more than any other Heroes. Though we all have a different favorite, and the only one we could agree to play together was 5.

I think people would be more accepting of 4 if it wasn't rushed because 3DO was dying. Ubisoft almost acquired NWC too so we might've still been seeing games from them to this day.

My biggest issue with 4 is with building the heroes themselves. Combat skill tree is more or less a must, but eventually stacks overpower any physical hero and it becomes just a "get more hp and stay alive" skill. Also, any advanced class containing combat in the mix is shit