Assuming it gets multiplats, give me one reason someone would get a PS4 over the Switch

Assuming it gets multiplats, give me one reason someone would get a PS4 over the Switch

Is graphics the only possible reason?

Other urls found in this thread:

ubergizmo.com/2017/02/nintendo-considering-3ds-successor/
ign.com/articles/2017/01/20/respawn-developer-laughs-off-the-idea-of-titanfall-on-switch
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's cheaper.

>graphics
No reason to get a PS4 when PC exists.

>Assuming it gets multiplats

If the DQH trailer is anything to go by, I'd say the games run smoother on ps4

70 million normies already own a PS4. It doesn't need to compete with Switch.

Real exclusives and RPGs

Cry more Nintendo haters.

PS4 will be the 360, developers shill for it and multiplats run better on it, has the call of duty audience

Switch will be the PS3, has tasteful niche exclusives and the audience is well educated, will have a variant of the "PS3 has no games" irrational meme

Thats the point, it won't
It just is not powerfull enough and its a fact. the PS4 as it is starts to struggle with new games so why would you think that they will run smoothly at switch?

If it had good multiplats it would simply be portable ps4/xbone so there would be no reason other than exclusives to buy PS4

PS4 has tasteful niche exclusives too.

PS4 has games with lewd underage girls, and doesn't make you learn a whole new language just to play the games the way they were intended to be played.

This looks so bad, lol, nintendo has already lost.

Shame too, they have lots of potential imo.

Weeb games that don't get ported to Switch and fighting games in general

>Assuming

The same reason why N64 games had inferior Playstation 1 ports. PS1 was easy to develop for.

The switch is easy to port games to.

Let's talk again in a year.

:^}

The switch is going to be fucking weeb central. What are you on about?

You sound like you're either:
A. one of those "I only play mature games for mature gamers such as myself" people
B. one of those "I don't like these games, therefor these games are objectively shit, and nobody else in the world has any different taste or opinion than I do" people

The ps4 is cheaper, supports higher resolutions, has a bigger library, has more exclusives, has more games in general, and has the most solid future.

Its the most worthwhile investment, moreso when Nintendo consoles are always seen as an afterthought.

PS4 hardware is massive and the budgets have to be massive to use it properly. The switch requires less budget to develop and is better suited for AA niche games.

>niche exclusives

in other words its the Wii U

Oh boy, now I can pay full price for games that go for like $5 on consoles released over ten years ago/look better on a $200 PC. Fucking based Nintendo.

>The switch is going to be fucking weeb central
Hope you enjoy your weeb games with feminist-approved clothing!

No it isnt. Third parties dont sell well on Nintendo consoles.

Not really

That's why you see lots of vita/ps4 games

Capabilities dont equate to higher requirements for games. You're a moron.

Hardly surprising, Sony and MS are releasing actual next-gen consoles 2 years from now max.

Genuinely astounded a company like Nintendo could make the same mistake three-gens in a row, only it's even worse with the switch now 4k is coming in. I swear the company is run by a bunch of incompetent yes men.

>he budgets have to be massive to use it properly.
the fuck are you on about?

Monster Hunter and Shin Megami Tensei sell amazing on nintendo hardware. They're probably selling better than they did on PSP

Good news: Switch is region-free, no more region-locking
So we can just import the games straight from censorship-free Japan

Maybe it's both, but that line up looks unnatractive as fuck to me, the first party games that could interest me are mostly redos of shit I already played, then there's lots of indie shit that has been around for ages and other multiplats that will probably play better on more competent machines.

Maybe I just lost faith on nintendo.

Two third party franchises can't save a console or indeed validate the purchase of one.

>we can just import the games straight from censorship-free Japan
So you have to learn an entirely new language just to play the game the way it was supposed to be played? Sounds like a lot of unnecessary work.
Meanwhile on PS4:

The best selling MH was the PSP one.
I dunno about SMT, but even P4G sold better than SMT4.

I like how you had to cherry pick two games that have extreme leverage in Japan. Literally almost all developers avoid Nintendo home consoles, even the Wii has countless examples of poor performance games despite doing amazing hardware sales. Muramasa on the Vita sold better than on the Wii.

how many developers are able to pull off FFXV or Witcher 3 quality visuals? Not to mention the rest of the game. If you notice most niche "weeb" games are a generation or two behind graphics-wise with lesser budgets. Indies rarely make a "full game" and if they do it's usually with low budget graphics

By your retarded logic no one would develop for PC since they would have to make every game 4k120fps friendly

for someone who posts Life of Black Tiger whenever Sony exclusives are mentioned you sure have no idea what you're talking about

>learning Japanese just to play games
m8 I got a japanese Pokemon Diamond back like a week after it came out in Japan and long before it came out in english, and I played through it with 0 ability to read or understand any of it.
There were times I got stuck, and it was interesting learning what moves did what since I didn't/don't know Japanese

Playing it reminded me of my childhood, back before guides or the internet were things. Was great.

>big budget games have better visuals than indies and low-budget jap games
Wow, what a fucking discovery.
What the hell does this have to do with the PS4?

>the best sellling monhun was the psp one
haha, maybe in nip land, but even there I doubt it.
Tri sold over a million units on the wii in the west, freedom unite barely hit 300k in the west.

>implying I wouldn't buy a switch just for MH
>implying a fuck ton of people wouldn't do the same

My honest keys, my dude

Tell me why I should get a Ps4 or a Switch if I hate all of their exclusive titles, especially when they only offer casualized games, or shovelware, or esports rejects, or cinematic hallway simulators.

is this supposed to be impressive

You do realize that western sales are getting lower and lower right? Its why they want to move it away from portables.

That being said, Tri was shit, and do you have a source on that.

Because the nice marketer man said you should, you can trust corporation for high quality problem free product. Plus everyone else has one, you dont' want to be left out right?

You just sound like you hate all video games.

So welcome to Sup Forums, you finally finished your inauguration.

Stop shilling these consoles on Sup Forums. All of you.

Fucking cancerous faggots.

Why get one or the other when you can get both?

I'll enjoy Bloodborne at home and Mario Odyssey on-the-go. Sure is nice not being a poorfag

If you want to talk sales and third party support, the 3DS is destroying the Vita on both fields. Dragon Quest XI was announced as a PS4 and also a 3DS game, as soon as the Switch launched it was also announced on the switch. Not to mention how many DQ ports there are on 3DS by now. Nintendo is doing great with third parties specially japanese third parties, which are the only ones that matter really. Unless you're still a Mass Effect fan or something weird like that.

Most people in the West don't care about Monster Hunter.

Playing a game where you can't read anything sounds kind of shitty

Actually, I love PC games. Just gotta dig through them though, since there are alot of low quality titles.

They said that sales on handhelds in the west have fallen, but have been greatly increasing within Japan.
Basically, in Japan, most people prefer portable gaming, while people in the west prefer consoles.
The Switch is the perfect compromise here, and I'm sure that there are plans for either MHXX port or MH5 on Switch.

Is this the new shrek game?

You're from the futur ? PS5 for 2019 then ? Most of the PS4 games are not even released, and you say that the PS4 have only 2 years left ? Will we have "Remaster" of PS4 games on the PS5 ?

I said home consoles and there are plenty of third party games that do better on the Vita, like VLR, Zero Time Dilemma, Conception 2 which were all multiplats between them.

The lead platform is the PS4 for the new DQ game, the Switch is getting a downgraded port user. There isn't a single original DQ game on Nintendo consoles since the DS.

There third party lineup for the Switch is complete trash at the moment.

Asia releases of games tend to be English and uncensored. I have bought a couple of PS3 games for the region.
Not like you can avoid importing games from Asia if you play weeb games. People love censoring those for the west for some reason.

PC doesn't have any standards or WOW factor that you have to meet. Beside "It runs" obviously.

Can't wait to play a bunch of shovelware and indie titles that I've already played. Thanks Nintendo.

Then why no announcement? The Wii U version of 3U was the same time as the 3DS one.

>being retarded is great

sounds nice user good for you

you mean asian releases have an option for english subs?
since when?

Because XX is coming out, why overshadow the game and tell people to "just wait"?

If you want graphical fidelity your better off building a PC than buying a PS4.

I don't even think the Switch should aim to even try for big, AAA 3rd party multiplats desu.

That war has long since been lost, and anyone who's going to run out to buy a console just for those types of games already picked out their platform of choice years ago.

They should instead focus on bringing in smaller, more niche 3rd party developers to make smaller, less hardware demanding and less expensive to produce games with both cult and hardcore appeal.

Similar to the way they approached the libraries of the DS/3DS before it. Maybe even scooping up some of the Vita's business now that Sony is basically out of the portable business.

IPs like Monster Hunter, SMT, Etrian Oddesy, Phoenix Wright, 999/VLR, etc etc. I'm missing a lot, but you get what I mean. Those Jap IPs that made previous handhelds successful, coupled with heavy hitting first party games, but now playable on the TV and on the go.

>Hardly surprising, Sony and MS are releasing actual next-gen consoles 2 years from now max.
I would be genuinely sad if that happened. I honestly can't think of a single title this gen that has made me think that wasn't possible 7th gen.

Most of the PS4 & Xbone exclusives turned out to be duds too. What a joke.

I can't believe people can be this delusional

Only in the west.

The switch will probably be more like a successor to the 3DS than a home console.
It's complete trash? I see No More Heroes, Shin Megami Tensei V, a Tales of game, Disgaea, the DQ games, Monster Hunter.
It's far from "complete trash" it's actually really good, they have the few decent developers on their side.

Not as delusional as people who think it can compete with the PS4 and XB1, especially mid-generation.

Marketing it as a handheld is a much smarter move for Nintendo imo.

>not being a sonyntendo idort

>I see No More Heroes, Shin Megami Tensei V, a Tales of game, Disgaea, the DQ games, Monster Hunter.
I see nothing but overpriced cinematic expereiences. How is that good?

Why not get both? Why is it always one or the other?

Have a pity (You)

You're assuming wrong. Third parties will avoid this thing like the fucking plague. They're submitting shit that they know will sell well on any console for the first year/easy ports, then waiting to see when the Switch inevitably runs out of steam because people realize it's not powerful and the gimmick wears off.

>buy 250$ black friday ps4 bundle with uncharted 4 + last of us + bloodblourne
>download free games like let it die, have put 25+ hours in
>got free 10$ gift certificate randomly from sony, purchase trine bundle and rouge galaxy
>have not even touched bloodbourne, or uncharted 4 yet
>can play online and talk to friend for free

And why should I get a nintendo switch now?

>SMTV

Great, another SMT i won't play. I hope it's as corny and shit as IV and Apocalipse. Fuck Atlus.

No, it wouldn't be. The West doesn't like handhelds as much as Japan does.

and then? what happens next?

Can you find me a single source of a company saying something negative about the switch?

>can play online and talk to friend for free
you're so funny pajeet

Smt 5 is multiplat
The rest are ports on a better console.

It is not a 3DS successor.
ubergizmo.com/2017/02/nintendo-considering-3ds-successor/

well idk but trailer looks a lot like nocturne's "Press Start" menu

>PS4 can play online for free

Pretty much the fact that it doesnt have a single worthwhile third party exclusive, and devs are on wait and see mode.

The 3DS begs to differ.

It's a portable, has a huge library of quality first party and 3rd party games you can't get anywhere else, and is wildly successful world wide.

If you look at it as a successor to that, it's "weak" hardware is an astronomically huge upgrade compared to it's 240p predecessor and doesn't look bad at all.

ign.com/articles/2017/01/20/respawn-developer-laughs-off-the-idea-of-titanfall-on-switch

Also why the fuck would a company say something negative about a game console when they're trying to sell things on it?

>LG: Man fuck Sears, they're the shittiest department store in the world.
>LG: But go and buy our stuff there, we need money

^^Do you see how fucking stupid that would be?

>source is the Journo companies that have been shitting on nintendo nonstop for two decades
seems legit

>ps4
>free online
Uhhh user?

What the fuck, the 3DS library is awful and is Nintendo's worst selling portable console.

You do realize that the majority of third party games there weren't games made for kids were ported to steam or PS4 or Vita right?
The console is a port machine at best.

there are online functions not requiring ps + , like xbox live silver

Switch can't even play most modern multiplats. They are getting shit like fucking Skyrim and The Binding of Issac. Games that are over 5 fucking years old.

Calling it now, skyrim will run like shit and have game breaking bugs that will never get fixed.

West still wants a console, idiot. The clear marketing shows it's a console that does both.

Not an argument.

>the console is a port machine
so ok now the goalpost has been moved, having ports isn't good anymore?
this is fascinating

Switch isn't getting the third-party weeb games like Atelier.