Not having the browser is a GOOD thing. It's a lot simpler than a lot of people would imagine

Not having the browser is a GOOD thing. It's a lot simpler than a lot of people would imagine.

As a portable console, Nintendo doesn't want you to waste any of the Switch's battery on anything but playing games. Now, I've heard suggestions of only being allowed to use them while docked. In regards to that, a browser is not a good plan without the touchscreen, but the majority of people would be very angry that those features are locked away to docked and not mobile. So if a feature is included, it needs to be in all modes. Nintendo has decided that they are not the best ones to provide media other than gaming. They recognize that most people buying a gaming console already own a phone. Most likely a tablet. Very likely a media box, like an Apple TV, Chromecast, Amazon Fire, or smart TV. The majority of Switch customers have a reliable way to play MUCH more content than the switch would initially offer, at home and on the go, and the switch would always be behind, having to convince media producers to develop apps for their console. Try getting every single channel app available on iOS & Android on PS4 or XB1. They aren't all there.

Nintendo knows what the switch is for. Gaming.

I agree it's probably better from a pure gaming performance perspective, but it certainly doesn't help the key issue facing dedicated handheld gaming: convincing a large segment of your former customer base to carry a second device.

Hey Sup Forums I'm posting from my Switch!!!!
t. no one

So your reasoning is that the browser shouldn't be included because it doesn't help video games, yet I should be willing to waste money on frivolous garbage like an amiibo scanner when it does absolutely nothing but hamper my experience with content that should be on the disk in the first place.

I find that logic to be disgustingly hypocritical. Just like when Splatoon fans said that no voice chat was a good thing because it "encouraged a problematic community". And then comes Spla2oon, and it has voice chat, and now VC is a good thing again.

How do you guys have no self-awareness?

this can not not be a troll thread

Nintendo doesn't care about the money or market share. They just want to make good games. I believe this was the best decision to focus their efforts in development.

Well no, there won't be a browser

The amiibo scanner is turned off all the time, it only turns on when detecting an amiibo. It does not affect development since it was already there.

>yet I should be willing to waste money on frivolous garbage like an amiibo scanner
If you already bought an amiibo for the wii u or 3DS why wouldn't it be able to scan them?

Who gives a fuck at this point

Every physical ibject in my house has a browser

Every other console hs a browser
My phone has a browser
MY ACTUAL TV ALL BY ITSELF HAS A BROWSER

If I want to get on the internet I am not lacking ways to do it. This is like complaining that it doesn't play DVDs, when I could probably pick a DVD up, fling it into the air blindly then play it on whatever object it lands on.

I assumed no browser was because most of the hacks on the older systems seemed to come from something that could be installed using the browser. They just don't wanna risk it

I'd also like to add that a NFC scanner is old and cheap tech that wouldnt even put a dent on the joycons price

I don't think VC in Splatoon is a good thing

Fuck that shit, I don't eant to hear your shit music you're blasting or about how you fucked my mom

What disc?

It should have a browser because you can't sign into most open wifi networks without one.

Medium kek

Not having a browser is just a meme.

Who the fuck actually uses a gaming console to browse the internet?

Really no reason to literally do that any year after computers were invented.

That shit never worked on the DS anways

>The amiibo scanner is turned off all the time, it only turns on when detecting an amiibo. It does not affect development since it was already there.
That doesn't matter. I want it removed and the price lowered as a result. Get rid of everything that is not directly making the video game better, and I will never consider amiibos a positive addition to games.

You're fucking stupid. You think Nintendo cares about piracy? No one really does it

As opposed to what? Having amiibos only be plastic figurines? The NFC stuff is a bonus and is cheap

It's more of a problem with the DS being a piece of shit.

For people who already have invested in amiibos ending them and go the jew DLC path is fucking retarded.
I would agree with you on removing it from joycons and doing an addon like O3DS but that would just bloat the portable aspect of all the switch hardware.

My question is who gives a fuck? Do people seriously use their video game devices to browse the Internet? Christ thats stupid.

Shut up. Trying to argue that the removal of a feature is a good thing, is fucking stupid. You're fucking retarded. I hate threads in Sup Forums where you guppies make these long winded, contrived statements to say why a negatively received decision is apparently for the better. Kill yourself.

I'll explain what IS the reason. On 3DS and WiiU, the browser was always an exploitable entry point into homebrew. So many methods of getting into homebrew launcher have come from this.

Clearly Nintendo is afraid the Switch will be hacked early on, so they are holding off on the browser until they are absolutely sure it cannot be used as a homebrew entry point, or as some exploitable. Very likely, their efforts will be in vain.

As opposed to what? Having amiibos only be plastic figurines

Yes. How dare anyone hold back content behind an additional paywall. I don't care if it's cosmetic, that's my content. Why am I paying 300 bucks for a game AND an online fee, only for them to moneyhat me even more?

>ending them and go the jew DLC path is fucking retarded.
This would only be a valid response if Nintendo NEVER did DLC ever.

Wasn't the first hack entry on 3DS Cubic Ninja and on Wii SSBB?
Don't have a wii U so i dont know the process on it,

>all of this shitposting

uhhh....Have any of you even FUCKING READ? Nintendo is releasing an APP for smartphones that lets you use the internet on your phone. So if you want to google how to beat something or wikipedia or whatever you just use the nintendo app on your phone to do it. It's pretty based and a good way to save costs if you ask me.

This. Nintendo's dlc stuff atm is indeed pretty greedy already. Roms should not be the price they are sold at.
Don't really remember but, bowserhax was pretty early on as well.

>system is portable
>but can't do online multiplayer on the go

>bowserhax was pretty early on as well.
That would negate the need to get Cubic ninja user-kun, remember when it reached 60$ for a used copy?

>Nintendo doesn't care about the money or market share. They just want to make good games.
You are delusional.

Yeah, you know what I'm talking about, right? The entire argument for amiibos was that they would replace traditional DLC and that Nintendo would never hold back content behind a paywall because of it.

Then comes along Smash Brothers and it's 50 dollar DLC trash.

But everyone has DLC. Why is it wrong if Nintendo does it?

I don't believe that is the reason. Nintendo has one of the best security engineers in the industry, I still believe they didn't include it to save dev efforts

Maybe it will have a browser a few weeks after release but not being able to go to argo and use their wifi to play an online game sucks.
Btw it has Bluetooth right? I wanna use my wireless headphones

Smash bros DLC characters aren't nintendo characters, a % of the DLC money probably goes to the IP holder desu.

>But everyone has DLC. Why is it wrong if Nintendo does it?
Because I'm buying Nintendo products because I'm sick of everyone else doing it. Aren't they supposed to be branching off from the greedy industry and doing their own thing? If they're just gonna follow everyone else anyway, then I see no point in giving them a dime.

>Nintendo knows what the switch is for. Scamming people out of $300 for a mediocre tablet with no basic tablet features

Not everything is about money you pessimistic fuck

>Smash bros DLC characters aren't nintendo characters, a % of the DLC money probably goes to the IP holder desu.
They should be funding that out of their pocket using the 60 dollars I gave them for the game. It's not my job to pick up the check for their utter laziness.

I can't connect to the stores wifi while having my hotpot on at the same time to give Internet to the switch. Why are you upset I'm a nintendtard aswell but it should have a browser.

Its not content you would need, they weren't even at release and were added thanks to fan feedback on which character they wanted.

Don't worry, you will be able to buy a New Switch Browserâ„¢ that will allow you to hook your Switchâ„¢ to any public wifi that needs authentication.
And it comes at a premium cost of 99$+tax

not having a web browser is quite possibly the greatest feature a console has come up with since the original N64 controller.

>Its not content you would need,
Except it vastly changes online play?! The thing the game advertises from the get-go?

And don't tell me "oh the vanilla characters are better". You're asking me to put faith in Nintendo's ability to balance a game, when they haven't been able to do that for 5 generations.

The point is that they're selling non-cosmetic online DLC that gives people advantages.

>Take my switch with me on a trip
>Can't sign into the airport wifi
>Can't sign into the hotel wifi
>Can't sign anywhere that requires going through a portal
>No online gaming at all
>Thanks Nintendo for thinking of us gamers

>Nintendo Nintendo put sanic and facman in smash
>we don't own those ips and we already gave you 40 Nintendo and non Nintendo characters in
>FUCK YOU NINTENDO JUST DO IT JUST GIVE ME WHAT I WANT LOOK AT THIS PETITION WITH 28 SIGNATURES I WANT IT NOW I WANT MY GOKU AND MICKEY MOUSE IN THE GAME
>Okay here's the dlc you wanted
>WTF you're charging me for something I wanted thay wasn't a part of the game? Wtf fuck you Nintendont
Iwata didn't die for this

If you think Nintendo's security is good, you are delusional. There is a reason why 3DS and WiiU were both emulatable and hackable, during the middle of their lifespan . You also seem to forget the rampant piracy on Wii and DS, to the point where developers were scared to release games on those platforms.

It kind of sucks, because I use my Wii U browser to watch movies and what not

Technically yeah, I'm guessing that's how the joycons communicate with the console.

There's no telling if that BT will be open to external devices though.

>I wish someone made a fun game
>"here you go!"
>cool!
>"oh by the way here's free DLC, including crossover content from another game that we don't own"
>how much does it cost?
>"nothing, because we're not soulless greedy corporates!"

What a bargain

>The point is that they're selling non-cosmetic online DLC
I agree with you on that point, forgot online play

> that gives people advantages
I disagree on this claim over tournament results.

Do you really expect Nintendo to give anything away for free while the wii u is shitting the bed?

but user, GET A JOB so you can give nintendo $40 to use your own phone!...to talk to people... and not go online with your nintendo tablet...for some... reason...

>Do you really expect Nintendo to give anything away for free while the wii u is shitting the bed?
Because the 3DS isn't printing them a googolplex of money, right? "they have enough money to weather 50 years of net losses and still come out on top", right?

No Browserhax for Switch.
On the 3DS it was possible.

That's a good thing. I wish Hiro would kill mobile posting as well, they're pure cancer.

>Nintendo doesn't care about the money

wow that's funny. it's not like every company exists because they want to make money. there's literally no other reason to have a company.

If you have a not shit data plan, you can use your phone as a hotspot and connect to it though your switch. I played Monster Hunter 4U a lot like this

kills your battery though in the long run. what's a data plan anyway? some kind of restricted internet?

Not everything is about money

Then why does Nintendo charge top dollar for old roms? Why do they charge for online? Why do they charge money for amiibos and DLC?

Surely they have enough money to be self-sufficient. Why continue to nickel and dime us?

Mobile networks still suck for gaming, I somehow doubt your claim.

If your answer to this is that having a smartphone fixes everything, then there's not even a reason to leave the house with the switch anymore since I can just do gaming on my phone to kill time.

You don't really need online to play...
80% of the current announced library are single player only.

Developers need a salary to survive. I'm pretty sure those roms are well worth the price given the dev time. I personally have bought like 90% of all VC releases.

>Developers need a salary to survive.
And nintendo should be paying them, not me. Remember, Nintendo doesn't care about money, right? So losing some of their shouldn't be an issue.

>nintendo's DLC is greedy
Mario Kart 8 had 16 tracks for 20 bucks. That's a pretty fucking good deal.
Smash is a little much, though.

It's not okay to lose money. At least break even, which I'm sure it's what Nintendo cares about.

>Have to negotiate with the IP holder
>Have to decide the artstyle and make it fit into SSB4 roster
>Have to do voice acting
>Have to do modeling
>Have to decide which attacks to use and balance them
>Have to animate them
>Have to QT them

It's bait you fucking retard

>have to do voice acting
>cut it all out in english
fuck sakurai for doing this to mewtwo

Mario Kart 8 is boring as a single player game. Also Splatoon 2 is one of the biggest upcoming titles.

Of course you don't *have* to bring these titles with you, but why would you believe that not being able to play them online outside your house is a good thing? It's like claiming that not having something is better than having it.

The wii u browser was secretly really good

>have a different opinion than you

omGGGG it s haz tu be b888888888888 lol xD :v

And why can't Nintendo fund all of that using the money I already gave them? That's my content, they have no right to hold it back from me.

Why do they ask money for a new game? i already gave them money for the last game they made, its my content.