ARMS THREAD

ARMS THREAD

This game is looking pretty good even if the name is bland as fuck.

These were released today.

youtube.com/watch?v=LTrMlFEPUcA
youtube.com/watch?v=3aVATXPlTxQ

I'm starting to get a little hype.

>Springman gets perma-charge when he's at quarter health

Holy shit he's "Post YFW 1HP" the character

Stun gloves are going to be so broken

How much it costs

>master mummy just tanks hits like nothing

nanomachines

he's a big guy

$60 for a rehashed wii sports tech demo.

+80 for another pair of Joycons

bait?

why bait? he's not lying. and it cost $80 if you want to play with a friend. game is a fucking rip.

>NoA isn't putting out any introduction videos

WHY?

You can play multiplayer with one pair

saved

>and it cost $80 if you want to play with a friend.

You can play it with a single joycon

I'm unironically hyped for this game. This shit looks so fun.

unironically kys

But it looks fun

t. beta nu-male SJW cuck nintentoddler

Stay mad.

Do you think we'll get BIG MEATY CLAWS as a Arm type?

I will thanks

Why every modern Nintendo game looks the same? Neon colors everywhere. It looks like a Splatoon spinoff.

Nice numbers.

That's just the Nintendo Aestheticâ„¢

fuck off pokefag

>Master Mummy has Super Armor

>He can HEAL when blocking

TIME TO TANK

Here's your (you) xD. Now fuck off.

When will our boy join in?

Looking forward to it, it keeps getting better

People who shitpost it because it looks different and does things differently need to stop being pessimistic

It's literally the same attitude you had on Splatoon

Why the fuck hasn't NoA made any videos explaining the mechanics yet?

Looks neat, Friends and I are always looking for a new competitive game to drink and get in fights over.

Inb4 not competitive, I dont mean esports shit, I mean with friends. Which is probly why Sup Forums hates it.

faggot

>NoA putting anything out that's good

I wonder

I think more people knock on it because it looks like it's just a tech demo for new technology and is lacking in enough content to have staying power, but Nintendo's done this kind of stuff before and those got sequels to greatly expand on them.

confirmed bait

Serious question. What mechanics? You punch, you dash tilting the joycons, you guard and you jump. That's it.

If you ever tried the multiplayer zelda game on Nintendo Land you'd know how accurate the motion+ tech is when running unhinged at 60fps. The joycons probably use that tech for ARMS. I think it's going to be great

Character abilities, the entire concept of charged punches, the different weapons and their quirks, comboes.

Are you asking about Mac joining Arms or Spring Boy joining Smash? Either sounds interesting.

why not both

treehouse doesn't think it's marketable. Instead you'll get randoms doing a faux let's-play with the video focusing mainly on their goofy grins and commentary

Anybody else feel like this along with 1 2 switch should have been bundled with the switch? No disrespect to the game, I think it looks pretty decent, but I think it would have been better for Nintendo to just give this away.

the preview was just a demo, there'll be significantly more content in the actual game

1 2 Switch should have been. Either that or it needs to come with joycons like how Wii Play came with a wii remote. ARMS seems like a standalone game that can be sold for what it is though.

This looks like a missed opportunity to make something good and fun. Why didn't they did it 4 way matches with 4 people? 2 in arena looks bland, it's just i punch, you dodge, you punch i dodge. 4 player would have bring strategies, alliances and fun.

it's a punch out style game like teleroboxer and is likely vs. fighter type controls and not free movement

best arms

I think adding to it with DLC would be a better plan. This along with 1 2 switch could generate hype like Wii sports did.

>and not free movement

You do have free movement

that's pretty stupid desu

why would you want something like that

Because it could sell the system and in turn actually more people would buy DLC for it

So just package trash like Splatoon 2 in

I'd like to see or lick her real arms.

But people already know Splatoon is a great game, and will readily pay for it.

Why doesn't this work?

And they won't pay for ARMS because...

New genre.

T H I C C

>fighting game is a new genre

I think the idiot means new IP so people are unsure whether it would be good or not. Remember how a lot of people didn't expect much of Splatoon once it was shown off but the Testfire and marketing changed everyone's minds.

If smash isn't a fighting game, then this definitely is not.

Okay cool the games long range boxing whatever, but Jesus that's so archaic and by watching it you can tell you could play it with 4 buttons and a joystick. Slapping simplified controls from gangbeasts on to a Nintendo game doesn't make it good. Like people where excited for Pokken and it wasn't all that great. People will immediately jump to defend against this, but fuck the games slow, and just looks like it will get boring after a two hour fight night with some friends over.

>fighting game

I'll be ninja

>health bar
>supers
>movement options
>basic Grab > Shield > Punch > Grab triangle

How is it not a fighting game?

Everything you said is fine since it's your opinion or whatever but the only thing I got a problem with is you saying the game itself is slow. All the matches are 99 seconds long and once you play the game it's fairly fast paced and each punch does decent chunks of damage

but will it be at EVO 2018?

Motion controls are the focus.

You could play Street Fighter with a dpad and four buttons, but that doesn't mean it's the optimal way to play.

all the content for this game hasn't been revealed yet. that's the fucking point.

motion controls are optional.

Nope. They're optional

But they developed the game with motion controls first. That's literally the selling point. See pic related. Arms its closer to that than Street Fighter.

>Spring Man's critical mode
>Master Mummy's super armor
>Ribbon Girl's aerial mobility
Yes, this pleases me.

I get that people love to shit on this game, but I'm excited for it, and I'll be playing the hell out of it in May.

>The game is called ARMS
>The characters have no arms
Deepest lore

>But they developed the game with motion controls first

nope

Fact: I would have bought a switch on launch if one of those games was a pack-in so I had something to fick around with after and in between Zelda or to show it to friends. Likely still would have done so if they increased the price of the unit by $60 to do so.

Will not spend $60 on either game. Will probably wait until Splatoon to buy a switch.

Plus tip.

Not him but my issue is that the main gameplay looks very shallow and barren conpared to traiditional fighting games or Smash or anything like that.

I'd like to be proven wrong, but I cannot see myself playing this except at parties.

>Will not spend $60 on either game

Why? ARMS is a full game. Why would they sell it for less?

This plays nothing like any existing fighting game

this desu

>Not him but my issue is that the main gameplay looks very shallow and barren

How?

>we want the Overwatch audience

A game like this would have come out on the N64 as a small general low-key game with no marketing.
Today it's a desperate launch title with all the marketing in the world.

>I'm willing to pay $360 for a system with a game
>I'm not willing to pay $300 for the system and then $60 for the game

run that one by me again

>a demo looks barren

wow.. you don't say?

That just means he hasn't played it like a majority of people ITT and is talking out of his ass.

The game is being demo'ed with motion controls. The ads show people playing with motion controls. A kid and a dad actually, not some esport faggots like the Splatoon ad.

>The game is being demo'ed with motion controls. The ads show people playing with motion controls.

for the sake of showing the diversity of the Switch's controls. ARMS is fully playable with all switch control schemes.

Also, motion controls worked fine for Splatoon and Punch out.

>Traditional fighting games
>not shallow

If you can say that SFV has any fucking depth to it you're lying your Goddamn teeth off.

They can sell it for whatever they want, I haven't seen anything that makes it worth $60 to me so I won't buy it for $60, which is all I said.

Content like story modes and shit aside, the actually main gameplay loop seems really low on content. Yeah it's got the grab/block/hit triangle like the other guy said, but in traditional fighters you have like 50 different "hits". Gameplay boils down to probably using like 15-20 of them, but that's still a lot more than the handful of offensive options arms gives you.

Even Smash has, what, 16+ attacks per character at least? And that has environmental stuff like platforms and edges to consider.

I do not see myself getting engrossed in this game, it feels like a tech demo to me. I want to own it, but I won't for $60. I like weird Nintendo shit, but this feels incredibly shallow to me.

I hope to be proven wrong.

>literally the worst looking game for the switch
>still gets threads daily

why? are there actually shills here? nobody could actually like this shit.

You're not getting my point. I'm not shitting on the game, but motion controls (no matter how advanced the gyros on the joycons) aren't 100% accurate. You can't have a competitive scene if the player base will be using different types of controls (unless you pull a Smash and disable half of the game features). Look Overwatch and the M+K fiasco.

The game is there to sell you joycons. Not pro controllers.

How does it not?

Never claimed to have played it m8, used the word "looks" for a reason. Hope you can prpve me wrong.

>I haven't seen anything that makes it worth $60

You quite literally haven't seen anything of it though

Why does the op not just post the interviews? The devs of this game have every intent to make it competitive and even openly speak about things like framedata and combos.
Hell he even said the Wii boxing or boxing in general was not an influence at all.

If they jacked the price up now, I wouldn't do it. But if they revealed the system at $359 and it had a pack in I'd probably buy it on launch.

>Never claimed to have played it m8
never said you did. I said you think it "looks" shallow because you havn't played it.