New game from FTL devs

subsetgames.com/itb.html
>Tasked with defending the last remnants of humanity from giant monsters, you’ll protect cities and fight monsters in randomly generated turn-based scenarios

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/gallery/bGLAQ
pcgamesn.com/chucklefish-advance-wars-fire-emblem
youtube.com/watch?v=IDe05fV6Rv0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Mechs are lame but it does look like a decent game. I'll probably play it.

Looks pretty cool I'm diggin all the environmental interaction

Front Mission 3 was cool

needs better sprite design

would like an advance war/front mission hybrid

That pixel art
MUH DIIIICK

looks neat, loved FTL so maybe this will be good as well
hope we can design our own mechs

IT'S A GAMEBOY ADVANCE GAME

gameplay looks decent enough

Fucking finally, feels like it's been a decade!

Oh boy another bullshit rng sim

You say that as if it's a bad thing.

You call that good pixel art? Seriously?

retard

>layered movement

lmao you think thats good

indeed.

Well I already like the look of it, gives me a futuristic Advance Wars feel. Hopefully it will play something like that and have a good amount of depth and replayability as FTL did.

Color me excited. I havn't read the replies to this thread yet but I'm sure everyones shitting on it already.

I keep pulling back getting into FTL.

I got the vibe that I will like it.

But I don't play it.

Confussion.

I've seen early phone games with better sprites

It's pretty good for something drawn by one person.

OP looks way better than that clustered shit

And it probably will. I did not see FTL prototypes or early sprites but I know for example a similar game "Sunless Sea" looked much rougher than actual retail does.

We're still probably a year away if not more for this to release anyways, right?

2005-2008 era mobile games had some legitimately good pixel art, especially the Gameloft ones. That was the final era of good 2D graphics.

Finally, I was wondering when(if) they would make a new game, I loved FTL

Have you ever seen FTL?

Although yeah that does look tiny though, I hope this isn't going to be a mobile game or something.

Not that it'd be the worst thing in world.

It kinda would.

It's definitely designed for mobile and PC.

>Available: When it's finished

Well.

Are you implying FTL is hard? I'd like you to meet my friend Darkest Dungeon.

Ahh.. Damn that's kind of a shame then. The mobile part of it is definitely going to hold it back. There was never a mobile version of FTL right? So why start now? They have such a following I don't see why they couldn't stick to PC only to have a more robust game. Mobile in my eyes just means limitations on gameplay for the sake of being mobile.

I will give it a chance.

FTL looked equally unimpressive back in the day.

Well how long have they been working on it? Took them like 4 years to make FTL right? This will probably be the same or slightly less.

Am I the only one who liked the way FTL looked?

There was an ipad version of FTL

Darkest dungeon is way easier than FTL
In fact you can't even fucking lose in Darkest dungeon

Can someone tell me why indie fucks are afraid of increasing their art resolution?

Well since no one else is posting more images, I found these.

Looks like it will be for mobile as well.

No loli no buy

>mixels

Looks cool, but I'm not so sure about the size the battlegrounds.

Looks cute, will keep an eye out. They have earned my good faith with FTL, many hours lost on that game.

A bit unrelated but does anyone know when Starfarer is coming out? I followed that game like 3 or 4 years ago when it was just a basic demo but I haven't seen it released yet

It's literally okay if it's for the UI.
>what is readability

Because it takes a lot of time and you can still fail completely. See: Brigador.

get out /agdg/

oh my god that looks awesome

>moving and rotating layers
>tweening out the ass

Get that shit out of my sight.

oh, my sweet summer child.

My fuckin nigga
IIRC some of the Wanzers spun their guns like a revolver right?

It costs money. Why would they if people are equally willing to pay for lesser resolutions?

>third portrait

Bane?

But that looks pretty good. How did they fail?

This looks pretty interesting, can definitely feel the FTL aesthetic in it

>Tasked with defending the last remnants of humanity from giant monsters, you’ll protect cities and fight monsters in randomly generated turn-based scenarios
o rly?

What the hell is a mixel?

Looks pretty gud .

It makes no fucking sense. Even PC garage devs were pushing resolutions cause it gave the game more clarity. Holy shit, these low resolution shit need to stop being enabled.

Financially

PC fags complain the industry is stale yet they seem to love this shit. I don't mind me a good TBS, but this has been done.

Enjoy being bloodletting through Kickstarter, though.

Mismanagement of funds I reckon?

A mixel is when a game has pixels of different sizes.

>this has been done
Roguelike turn-based tactical games in the style of Advance Wars and Front Mission has already been done? Mind sharing some titles?
>Kickstarter
They're not doing KS

PC people have to continuously justify their platform by paying people to make games for them, then paying for the game again when it's done as if some kind of ritual.

It's Brigador, and it was a complete failure at launch, though nowadays with all the Steam sales the game has been in they've gotten some money out of it. To be fair, devs agree they fucked up, it had almost zero exposure. I bought it on a whim on a sale and ended up enjoying it a lot. Cool isometric mech/tank/antigrav shooter with a lot different guns and vehicles. Very light on the story, though. Also, almost everything is destructible.

They worked on it for 5 years and it sold really poorly: imgur.com/gallery/bGLAQ

pcgamesn.com/chucklefish-advance-wars-fire-emblem

>Advance Wars with mechs
Seems good to me

They didn't advertise the game properly, so nobody knew about the game when it came out.

What happened to that RPG early access metal slug thing? I remember playing an early version, did they drop it?

>Cucklefish
Also, that game isn't even out yet, so it hasn't been "done"

so... this is the power of the PC

woah!

4k and 60fps! Nice!

Did they just not get the word out about it? I never once saw that in the Steam store so what gives? It's never come up in my Que as well.

It's like a fancy version tic-tac-toe.

That looks like shit though.

I hope it's not an RNG fest like FTL.

They tried, but kind of failed apparently. I'm shilling it occasionally on Sup Forums FOR FREE because the devs are still updating it and I'm enjoying it and I'd like for them to continue updating it as long as they can. I'd also like a sequel with more shit, but for now it's completely out of question.

I don't fucking get it. It looks like a modern solid game, and you tell me that it didnt succeed simply cause it wasn't the retro indie shit of the month? This makes me mad on all levels.

I need more than that, same reason Fire Emblem heroes is no proper replacement for an actual FE game.

Man, that sounds really unfortunate and strange. They really need to rethink their strategy.

> But it turns out it's much harder to get reviewers to look at your game if there's any kind of barrier to entry-- which in our case was tank controls and challenging gameplay.

Okay, I'm pissed now. These devs have it right. It seems reviewers have become increasingly non gamers or very vulnerable to whatever is the next hot thing. If they didn't get exposure cause people didn't like the barrier of entry, then I don't fault the devs. I'm faulting the fucking journalists for not being gamers.

Yeah, it upsets me too. Also some people consider the game to be "too hard" because you control torso/legs (or turret/hull) separately, and they expected twin stick shooter controls, I guess. Proper direction is important gameplay-wise though, you get more damage if you're shot in the back (so do enemies). Personally, I got used to controls after like a hour of playing.

Oi, do you guys enjoy Mechwarrior?

It's a shame so many casuals can't really get in to.

Everyone wants to control a mech. Anime mech is perhaps one of the biggest things in the world. Everyone wants to pilot their own cool humanoid robot.

I mean, maybe if these guys had better charm to their game, it could have effectively sold off that alone.

As much as Sup Forums hates it,marketing is necessary for games especially with the amount of shit being thrown on Steam every day. Even things like Let's Plays are important

Well, I think they'll figure it out, don't you?

Console release when?

>Mech just humped that spider.

A console release would effectively help them. They could have saved the $10K marketing they spent and put it into buying some dev kits, and could easily recoup the costs with a few sales to get exposure.

>Anime mech is perhaps one of the biggest things in the world.
What? Isn't mecha anime kinda dying?

Also I vastly prefer battletech style mechs to anime super robots.

Only reason I never picked up brigador is I kept forgetting it existed, and the few webms and shit I've seen made it look like a simple "blow shit up" twinstick shooter with mech styling.

>better charm
its filled to the brim with charm.

not everybody is an otaku weeaboo and thinks hyper exaggerated anime gundums are cool, you know.

I liked Brigador I pirated it and played for 4-5 hours. The story structure (or lack there off) and the repetitive nature of missions as well as the vastness of the shop got to me. I think the game would have benefited for a stricter campaign mode leaving all the free mode/map stuff as a option for those that wanted a bit more.

Too much too fast and I remember the shop being quite literal ass to navigate, compare mecha and wonder why you should pay all that money to unlock text descriptions of missions and enemy units. There is something there but it needed focus and polish and marketing of course.

I just want Front Mission / mechwarrior / zone

> Mechs are lame
fuck neo Sup Forums. You fuckers get more chromosomes by the second

That imgur was an interesting read.

Seems like it was part getting drowned in shit, part game being too hard for the average game journalist and part bad timing. Going EA probably didn't help since consumers aren't as willing to buy into those anymore.

Game is also very niche and seems like the people who enjoy that niche are slowly finding the game.

No it wouldn't. The game plays horribly with a controller.

It's more akin to Crusader: No Remorse than it is something like Hotline Miami or Geometry Wars.

Except that would have given them more exposure since aesthetics sell a game these days

That's a good thing.
>shitty unfinished mess
>delayed delayed delayed

the battlefield looks too small. I would prefer more units on a bigger battlefield. Almost like a little turn based RTS.
It also doesnt look like it is worth $10 which they sold FTL at iirc. I would only get it if I can find it for like a dollar or two

Cyberpunk is a lot bigger than anime and the game is drenched in it.

youtube.com/watch?v=IDe05fV6Rv0

It is, in the end, a shooter. The devs call it "tactical shooter", and playing a loud as fuck heavy mech and a sneaky light antigrav is very different, but ultimately you shoot shit, quite a lot of it. The process is visually great and satisfying and not too easy so I still love it, and there's a bit more depth than you'd expect - directional damage, most weapons are not hitscan, tank controls, some weapons are better vs. shields, some vs. hull etc.

>it needed focus and polish and marketing of course
Well, it's probably not gonna get it now.

The battlefields look the perfect size for small, fast, rapid-fire engagements like FTL and its battles
The game will probably have a similar flow to FTL