Resident Evil 7 Ships 3 Million Copies, Up From 2.5 Million

Resident Evil 7 Ships 3 Million Copies, Up From 2.5 Million

gamespot.com/articles/resident-evil-7-ships-3-million-copies-up-from-25-/1100-6447729/

SO it seems RE7 is doing pretty damn great it should be hitting its main goal soon.
I'm glad RE7 is doing so well it means will get more games like RE7 down the line which is great news.

Other urls found in this thread:

eurogamer.net/articles/2012-01-25-resident-evil-6-is-capcoms-biggest-ever-production
polygon.com/e3/2016/6/15/11940734/resident-evil-7-biohazard-e3-2016
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Shitty LP bait Outlast simulator? You want more?

>Only 3 million
HAHAHAHAH

I've read this same fucking post a thousand times and it's still just as retarded

Nice meme.

But that's good...
They only need another million to break even and seeing how quickly it go to 3 million it should reach that quick.
Its all good for RE I'm glad survival horror is back.

Nice meme.

Are you sure ?
Because I'm pretty sure RE 6 did much more than that.

Next time add maybe more than 4 mudmonsters and stop the scripted bossfites

re6 wasnt a shit game designed for twitch streamers like re7

Yeah and it was a failure RE6 was so over bloated with a budget that even the millions it made couldn't save it from being a complete failure.
RE7 is a much smaller budget and that's why its making its money back so quickly.
When RE6 came out it didn't even break even a year later after launch..

>re6 wasnt a shit game
Yes it was

Why do LPs and Streamers trigger you so hard.

It wasn't a shit game designed for twitch streamers. It was just a shit game in general.

Honestly, who buys physical?

RE7 already broke even, why are people so focused on physical media sales in 2017?
I always get physical media for games I like, but only a year or so when the price drops.

>"Challenges" during development and "inadequate organizational collaboration" led to Resident Evil 6 performing beneath Capcom's expectations, the company stated in a Q&A accompanying its recent financial earnings report.

Capcom said that while it believes having sold 5 million copies of the game is "proof that [Resident Evil 6] is a popular title," it has not reached a "clear conclusion" regarding its under-performance. The company is looking into potential causes within its internal development and sales divisions, though Capcom places part of the blame on inadequate marketing for the game.

"We believe that the new challenges we tackled at the development stage were unable to sufficiently appeal to users," Capcom wrote. "In addition, we believe there was inadequate organizational collaboration across our entire company with regard to marketing, promotions, the creation of plans and other activities.

RE6 development was expensive.

Games don't sell much past the initial release window. So if it's under break-even point, that's not good. They need to make a profit for one thing.

RE7 also doesn't need to sell fucking 7 million copies like RE6 needed.

Capcom were smart for once, they scaled back and made RE7 a smaller, more focused production. If their goal was 4 million by the end of March then they'll probably hit that. RE7 would naturally sell less because RE6 damaged the brand extremely hard.

>RE7 fags are now as desperate as XV fags and are counting shipped as being actual sales.

>RE7 already broke even, why are people so focused on physical media sales in 2017?

Physical is still like 60-70% of sales. So selling 3 million copies to retailers is a big deal.

If Capcom's goal for RE7 was 4 mil they probably hit that by now.

eurogamer.net/articles/2012-01-25-resident-evil-6-is-capcoms-biggest-ever-production

>Speaking in a new video introduction to last week's announcement trailer, as posted on the Capcom Unity blog, Hiroyuki Kobayashi revealed that more than 600 people are involved in development (of Resident Evil 6), including 150 at Capcom HQ in Japan.

polygon.com/e3/2016/6/15/11940734/resident-evil-7-biohazard-e3-2016

>Kawata said about 120 developers at Capcom are working on Resident Evil 7.

I promise you that Capcom would be much happier selling 4 million units of a game that had 120 staff working on it compared to selling 6 million copies of a game with 600 staff behind it.

I stand corrected

>ships

and how many does it sale out of those shipped?

>Capcom wasted the talent of 500 people on RE6.

I seriously want to meet the person who thought RE6 having 4 campaigns was a good idea so I can punch him in the face.

>and how many does it sale out of those shipped?

Quite a lot it seems, they originally shipped 2.5 mil and are already shipping more.

I've seen RE7 sold out a lot.

At least Outlast is scary while Resident Evil 7 at most is tense.

I've not paid much attention to this, don't like "horror" games. But is that the official logo? Because that's a fucking great logo.

they need at least 8 billion copies sold to break even

Videogames are being designed to utilize those people as free marketing. The fact that valuable development time and resources are being spent on them instead of refining gameplay is offensive.

HOLY SHIT SHIPPED IS SALES JUST LIKE FXV AND MAFIA 3 HOLY SHIT VIDEO GAMES ARE SAVED

Are you saying this only because its first person and has maybe 3 or 4 jump scares in it?
Seems like you guys are really stretching the whole "ITS JUST OUTLAST" or "ITS JUST LP BAIT" thing to its limit.

Difference is with FFXV we only got one update about shipped sales. This is the 3rd time in a month we've heard about RE7 getting more shipments.

>shipped
FFXV all over again

>3 million people paid $60 for a ten hour game
What the fuck?

>retards are still shilling "8 hrs walking simulartor made for screaming twitch numales to hype for 2 weeks and forget"

>Shares his home with people he knows nothing about
>Is rewarded by being turned into an insane fungus monster

>being a poorfag

>people are still trying to force the walking simulator meme
I remember when shitposters put effort into their work

NO NO NO THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING

>game doesn't allow you to run at all
>not a walking simulator

>>game doesn't allow you to run at all
That's false though

>RE7 outsold ORC, Revelations 2, REmake HD, Revelations 1, RE0 HD, Mercenaries 3D, and Umbrella Corps

Literally the most successful RE game in the last 5 years

What were the running sequences then?

When you held the run button

Wouldn't people want to stream good games? I know people stream bad games ironically but who would play through a shit game where they themselves aren't enjoying it. I also don't see the problem of having people stream/make videos on games for free advertisement. I doubt more than half the people who play the game and record it suck off Capcom's dick and only praise the game. You just gotta stop caring about this shit too much and just play games that you enjoy instead of making stupid fucking claims about shit you don't enjoy.

>who buys physical?
Fucking kill yourself.

Idk, maybe in your Burgerland 4 kph considered running but not for rest of the world :^)

Took me 13 hours on first playthrough, still have Madhouse to beat. $60 ain't shit for a game in my favorite franchise.

I've done three runs so far: Easy at 2.5 hours, Medium at 7 hours and Madhouse at 6 hours.

Planning a fourth run on Easy to use my unlimited ammo magnum and jizz all over the game

Wait, so did you want a Resident Evil game or an Arena shooter?

Not sure about you but extreme speed isn't something I remember from the classics

3M would be great for a wiiU game.

Glad is selling well, Japan not jumping on the new RE bandwagon through will endanger its new formula, the fuckers are so scare of change is ridiculous, like when they boycotted DQ when it was about to become real time.

>$60 ain't shit for a game in my favorite franchise
Good goyim. Don't forget to buy the Season Pass.

I honestly dont get the appeal for this game, is it just streamers hyping people to buy it?

Are there people in Louisiana who actually talk like Zoe? The accent seems really exaggerated but I'm not american so I wouldn't know.

Them and the retards who watch.

>Products that people develop with time, effort, and work, which interest me, cost money.

Wow. What a revelation.

I played in VR, so that was probably why I had 13 hours on Normal. Spent a lot of time looking at the environment in awe, and I almost never used the sprint button

>muh jews
Whatever helps you sleep at night, poorfag.

>game has cut content out the ass
>"durr, who cares"

Not as much as 7

It's fun to play.

Relax, I wasn't questioning your gaming skills.

>ships
Ships, not sells.

>VRfag
>using the poorfag "argument"
Retard detected.

>Cut content
>In the year 2017

No shit. What you get for the price is relatively similar to all of the original Resident Evil games. Might as well complain about those as well.

lol, I wasn't mad. Just shedding light on why my playtime is longer than the average here.

I also did not play with a reticle on. Also, I spent all my ammo on Jack before noticing I could use the chainsaw, which I probably could have avoided but I feel like it made the game a bit more tense.

Clearly you are a poorfag though.

You know, it's not like the developers cut that content out of spite, game development is hard, expensive and time consuming.

No. Marguerite was the only one with an even slightly realistic accent.

>relatively similar
Nah. The originals had bonus modes.

You got that right, Goldberg.

RE1 didn't

Don't help strangers. Only your family, son.

>one game out of the entire mainline series didn't
Okay.

So how about that denuvo then?

>Outlast simulator

You didn't even watch a gameplay video did you?

denuvo is done

Have they fixed the freezing yet?

Comparing apples and oranges. Games cost more to produce, have bigger teams, graphics are much better.

We can do this all day, just because you don't think it's worth the price doesn't mean it absolutely isn't.

>Ships

RE6 had a much larger budget than VII, I'm sure. It launched with Mercs and Agent Hunt.

>The fact that valuable development time and resources are being spent on them
What does that even mean?

You do realise that LPers and streamers play tons of games right? Am I supposed to start hating Bloodborne because some autistic speedrunners/streamers play it?

Yes user, 60 bucks has been the standard price for AAA games, no matter how long they are.

>THE GAME DOESN"T ALLOW YOU TO RUN!!
>But it does, just press the button
>It's not sonic fast like my japanese animes so it doesn't count!!!!!!!!!!! REEEEEE

shitposters are getting desperate these days.

>only 300k sales on Steam
>over 4 million pirated copies after Denuvo was killed on it

So can we say that PC is terrible?

In case you don't know, there isn't a single game in the history of mankind that doesn't have cut content. Your favorite game has cut content.

Denuvo doesn't cause issues with this game, it looks fantastic and runs extremely well.

And it's also been cracked like 2 days after release.

>Having to play on the inferior platform

lol, piratekiddos get cucked once again lol, I'll be over here running it on superior UWP kek

>muh chapter 3

I just finished the game and while it was entertaining, I couldn't help but feel that everything falls apart after the Mansion. It just wasn't that fun anymore.

This game should've been about Jack trying to save his family from the infection (and ultimately succumbing to it, but still saving them), as pretty much all characters and their dialogue sucked balls.

MGSV is still the only good MGS game with MGS1, even tho half the game is missing.

That's just your shitty opinion, buddy.

Jesus Christ. While GZ is great, TPP is an unfinished turd.

>Shipped

I honestly want to start lifting just so I can find all the PR managers for every major video game corporation and break their backs over my knee like Bane. Stop fucking using "Shipped" to talk about how successful your game is. I could produce and sell three million copies of a book I wrote and send them out to stores across America. That doesn't mean I fucking SOLD any of them.

>nearly every mainline RE game has bonus modes
>VII has none
>"hurr. every game has cut content"

Yes that's exactly what I said, half the game is missing, it's not just chapter 3.

MGS1>GZ>TPP, the other games are irrelevant garbage

what about mgs3? i fucking loved that game the first time around

What are you trying to say?
I'm just pointing out that every game ever made had cut content, what does that have to do with bonus modes?

It's a pretty bad game that contains literally everything wrong with modern gaming. That game should have been a movie, and it could have been great.

I think we can all agree that Jack made the game. Not anyone else.

>where do (YOU) think (YOU)'re going boy

Another thread demonstrating how shit Sup Forums's taste is, nice.

7 is a good game. 6 was a good game. RE is just a good series in general, but you fags will bitch about anything.

>Outlast / Amnesia / Condemned meme
>"VR is a meme" meme
>4 hours meme
>LP bait meme

Get some taste.