Unpopular Opinions

I liked it

that's not an opinion you meme

Distant Worlds is better

It's pretty playable with CODEX.

Don't fucking call me a meme

It's interesting how Chrono Trigger gets so much praise but never discussed. Nobody ever wants to debate Lucca being best girl, nobody ever wants to talk about how scary future was the first time you travel to it, etc.

For a game everyone loves it's strange nobody wants to talk about it.

No Man's Sky was exactly what anyone with a brain should've expected, instead of the magical cultish hype monster people thought. And it's perfectly fine for what it is. I know someone with almost a 1,000 hours in it, and she still has fun with it. It's a comfy explore-gather-build type game like minecraft, which was all that was ever shown. (Bu bu bu but the guy LIED) of course he lied, he was selling you something jackasses. Ignore the pitchman and look at the product- it's minecraft with lasers. And there's nothing wrong with that.

This is only (somewhat) unpopular on Sup Forums:

Half Life and especially Half Life 2 deserve all the praise they get.

Civilization V (and every Civ game after it) is an absolute insult to the series and anyone who enjoys it is not a true Civilization fan

You're right that is a shit opinion

SUP, MEME?

It's unpopular but correct.

>Trailers show things that are not there
>even after release
>I know someone with almost a 1,000 hours in it, and she still has fun with it.
>she
>implying women need anything more than Farmville but will pretend its good because they don't have any actual interest in video games

Half life one is way better than the second.

It's been talked about to death. It's considered one of the greatest games of all time.

There are sites dedicated to every detail about it trying to piece together the entire story from scraps.

There's really nothing to talk about except a bunch of people going "yea I also liked it" and a shitposter who plays nothing but FPS saying "I don't get why everyone likes it. I didn't."

I like him

What exactly did civ 4 do that gives people this opinion

SMT nocturne is overrated
Smash is a better fighting game that umvc3
Overwatch is a fine game and people only shitpost about it here because its popular

tell me about it.

I loved the game's soundtrack.

Are you asking me to tell you about Codex or are you agreeing with me?

tell me about codex.
I love the game's idea and the soundtrack is extremely soothing when I am on a long flight.

SMT1 is the best SMT game

CODEX is an overhaul mod for Beyond Earth, kind of like the JSawyer patch.
You need to have both it and the expansion, Rising Tides

I love 5 and 6 and started with Civ rev. Love us Civ4-kun :3

It's a full-scale overhaul that redoes everything except combat. Cities and affinities have been massively altered. You can specialize in one of three disciplines (production, energy, and food/culture), all of which have their own discipline-specific buildings.

Affinities are now much more geared around certain playstyles and have bonuses that reflect this. Supremacy is all about energy generation and go hard wide with energy-type cities blanketing the continent. They get growth penalties once cities exceed a population of six, but that doesn't matter because you'll want to have more than a dozen cities once you really start rolling.

Purity is in the middle, and can get really robust cities going with manufactories and domes. They're all about culture and insularity, and can benefit hugely from internal trade routes.

Harmony is all about playing tall, and they get enormous megacities and really fast units. Their XENOTITAN fucks shit up. I don't play as them much, though.

The dumbass tech web is now a tree with leaves and branches.

looking at it. Seems it makes the game different from Civ 5.

any mod that changes the combat?

Snipers automatically ruin every multiplayer game, unless they have a built in counter.
The only multiplayer game that has done snipers well is TF2.

It is, though, but I can see why that would be an unpopular opinion.

Nothing is more infuriating in a game than getting killed without having a fighting chance to win. Snipers are the absolute fucking worst at this.

I agree but conkers bad fur day did it good too.

SotFS > 2 > 1 >> 3

People are upset that they can no longer do a stack of 500 units to auto-win everything.

Honestly, Civ V dropped the ball on planes and the AI, but that's it.