How sharp is this thing?

How sharp is this thing?

Link can't seem to kill anything in one hit with it (even down to weak enemies like Bokoblins) and by Link to the Past, he has to hire two gnomes have to beat on it to make it stronger.

For a divine weapon it kind of sucks.

It's not as sharp as it is magic. It's imbued with holy magic that can harm evil beings like Ganon, but it's not some ultra sharp sword that can cut through anything. That's how I interpreted it anyway.

It's a sword that seals evil inside it. It also has the power to repel evil, which allows it to deflect powerful dark magic like a tennis racket. It's also pretty sharp.

>le magic

Might as well be nanomachines

Not to mention that most things in the zeldaverse are durable as fuck. I mean, link as a 10 year old can survive being blown up multiple times, falling into lava and being shot out of a cannon. The master sword is pretty strong all things considered.

>Not to mention that most things in the zeldaverse are durable as fuck

It's literally imbued with magic you autistic faggot

>le magic explains everything

As I said, nanomachines.

And don't fucking call me autistic again, like ever.

Well it has been sitting in a forest for hundreds of years. It's only logical that it's not as sharp as when it was made

stop typing like 2012 reddit you cunt

Its a sword made for defeating evil of course its magic
>nanomachines meme

>namecalling

I said don't do that. I'll talk however the fuck I want about your shitty nanomachines explanation.

heh, tricked into a (You)

thanks

Except the master sword being sacred like Excalibur is a focal point of the plot and crucial to allowing time/space to make any sense as well as going hand in hand with Demise and the gods of the universe. It's not just muh fantasy, its three different planes of Rock Paper Scissors

Nanomachines are just glue and glitter to cover plot holes and explain things without any effort; often when it's not needed but why not because "muh sci-fi"

>muh sci-fi

And Zelda is "muh magic".

Admit it.

Probably not even folded 1000 times by master weaponsmiths like superior japanese katanas.

It's shit in sci fi because it's handwave instead of an actual explanation which is a big deal when the goal of the genre is examining the relationship of man and science. In fantasy, everything is window dressing for internal psychodrama.

Whatever.

Who cares, Zelda is shit now. Next one will bomb.

when did the master sword become soul calibur?

>Game filled with magic
>Fairies and other shit
>Might as well be NANOMACHINES
Autistic weeaboo.

I said don't do that.

>make any sort of weapon thread
>Zeldafags pour in posting this dumb looking sword

I will never fucking see the appeal of the Master Sword. If Zeldafags were black people the Master Sword would be Jordan shoes.

Literal Autism. Or maybe some new form of super autism. Congrats on breaking new frontiers in retardation!

At the time when the master sword became the staple of the series, which is ocarina of time (the first time the concept of the master sword is repeated)

I agree that the master sword is overdone as a concept in the series but it's a pretty cool weapon.

Compared to half the other examples posted in sword threads, the Master Sword is downright mundane-looking.

I don't wanna be touched

He said most, not all user.

It's the only weapon that can kill Demise/Ganon.

It's kind of an unfortunate thing in the zelda series. It sets precedent with cool set pieces, and then it has to decide wether to reuse them or do something different, which then makes things feel like a shitty diet version.

Like how the Four Sword, phantom sword, etc are fine... But they aren't the Master Sword.

Vaati and demise are okay... But they're just not Ganon.

ALttP was the first game where it was an important part of the story.

It was the first game it appeared in period...

>t-t-the master sword is like a n-normal sword
>t-that's why we l-like it haha

Yeah, honey, no. The Master Sword looks like a plastic toy.

Yeah, and it wasn't just a name, there was a small bit of lore behind it.

Funny you say that. The concept of the first Zelda game was that Link would travel between the past and a technologically advanced future. The triforce was to be a chip which allowed that. They scrapped that whole concept.... HOWEVER, Skyward Sword does try to sneak in some ancient advance technology in the game. Kind of insinuating that the sword was crafted by an advance intelligent culture. Hense why Fi, the spirit of the sword, sounds synthetic, and is constantly doing calculations. She's more than a spirit. She's also an AI. Even though the game never explains it outright, anyone can see the theme they were going for.

This ancient advanced technology theme is even stronger in the Breath Of The Wild. I wouldn't be surprised if the Master Sword really was designed by nanomachines.

I mean it's like what dumbledore said
>any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

It's divine power is that you can save and load.

Most swords/shields in the Zelda games are average and wouldn't be capable of fighting monsters. The equipment Link has is.

TP Link kills anything in one hit with mortal draw

It's not the sword, its just most Link's suck at using it

Don't know, I liked how they homaged the LoZ weapons in Hyrule Warriors and would like to see the Magic Sword and White Sword return in BOTW.

or like what will you like do?

TP Link was ridiculous, lots of monsters barely scratch you for 1/4 heart damage, then you triple backflip and screw nearly everything.

It's not like it's basic design is anything implausible. The guard is a bit overly fancy and the blade has some weird taper at the base, and that's all that's notable about it visually. Compared to some shit you'd see in a Final Fantasy game, or even a good number of the swords in a Souls game, it's downright tame.

Are you a wizard?!

>game filled to the brim with magic, fairies, time travelling and mythical monsters like dragons.
>hurr durr nanomachines
I know you're baiting but you have reaching a new level of autism with this one faggot.

>Mima.jpngif
I will like you on facebook for them.
You are circumstantially one over on me, enjoy it. ~X( })i({ ( o \y/ o )

Gets sharper the healthier the wearer is. For normal enemies it could be replaced with any other relic weapon though. Goron hammer for example.

You can one shot octoroks in the original game and white wolfos in ocarina of time, those are the only ones I can think of immediately there are probably more.