Why did people tolerate this?

Why did people tolerate this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q3aEQuxQEOw
youtube.com/watch?v=MrquNESyQHY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

because people wanted to really play gaylo 3, even if it meant replacing your 360 like 360 time

because they had free exchange from microsoft

I don't know I had a PS3.

I'm not sure, I had/have one (1) ps3 still

Brodudes needed something to do in between crushing puss.

Microsoft offered free repairs so at least they admitted fault unlike Sony who had to be sued and forced by the courts into reimbursing the people they had charged to repair the piece of shit that was the launch PS2.

The fact that Sony tried to pull "lol tough shit buy a new one" and thought they could get away with it back then is still funny.

i had no issue with it was it a NTCS specific problem ?

>NTCS
i meant NTSC

They didn't.
They got refunds/repairs/exchanges for free.

You can still get one as long as all of the safety strips are intact.

Sunk cost fallacy.

After you've bought a 12 month XBL sub, a headset, a wireless adapter, a second controller, $60 in M$ funny money, 3 map packs, and a game you may as well have them repair it.

Last time I touch anything Miscrosoft gaming related. Almost seems like it was planned to generate revenue through XBL subs.
Whic is inherently fucked, considering you're buying into your own internet connection.

I remember that. I got an early PS2 and it kicked the bucket really quick.

>mfw my fat ps triple got the YLOD while playing mgs4

Fuck you Sony

you forgot your 80 $ wifi antenna

was that only in the "bigger" countries? never heard of that happening. then again didn't own x360.

My 360 failed repeatedly and they only repaired it once. And it took months to come back from the service center.

You were just lucky.

The PS2 had something like 20 hardware revisions. That's a lot. To be fair, a few are things like the slim revision or just to make manufacturing a little cheaper but a large number were attempts to fix major design issues that caused catastrophic failures. It was an awful, awful machine.

why would anyone buy 360 in the first place?

Halo.

It had better looking multiplats and was cheaper.

>Xbox 360 development team designed the system to lay flat
>the advertising team decided it should stand upright so it would look cool like the PS3
>standing it up would result in a fan vent being blocked, a chip becoming loose from the board from the heat thanks to the lack of lead in the solder and increasing the possibility of the disc being damaged
Bravo Microsoft.

>Ps2
>Awful
Okay pcuck

Halo 3
Ninja Gaiden 2
Dead Rising

Uh... they didn't.

it was pirateable a lot earlier. At least that's why I bought it.

to listen to this: youtube.com/watch?v=q3aEQuxQEOw

>a wireless adapter
No I didn't.
But yeah, I paid like $100 for that thing because no one but Best Buy had them at the time.

I got some of it back when I traded in all my peripherals at Gaystop though.
They wouldn't take it for some reason and there was a guy buying an old white 360, sold it to him for $50.

Guy behind the counter threatened to call mall security for some reason.
Store policy makes them tell you to do stuff like that outside the store, but calling security?

Because fuk sony lol

>kids try and tell me ps3 had it worse
>friends fat ps3 that couldnt play ps2 games broke
>but my launch ps3 fat still works to this day

It even plays ps2 discs. Suck it super slim losers.

The library was great, the hardware was shit.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is just a retarded Sony fanboy.

When they set up the automated process on their website it wasn't so bad. They even sent you a box with free shipping.

that's why i bout one used and crack for 80 buck
never got the rod but it had problem reading games after the 8gbs update

I think I had to send mine in a total of 3 times. The last time was over 5 years ago. I'm surprised it hasn't gone out on me again because I still use it fairly often.

I remember when it first happened I just bought one of those wireless controller adaptor things for the PC and emulated old games with it. It was a good investment because that was 10 years ago and I still use the adapter when I have friends over and we play local multiplayer games on PC.

The whole RROD thing still infuriates me though, and I'm glad I'm not one of the people who had it break down within the first year before they started fixing them for free because "it wasn't a widespread problem"

Launch (backwards comp) PS3's were sold out and more expensive in my area.
That's all.

Ended up having to buy 2 360's, paying for a refurb, buy XBL and a wireless adapter. So I should have just bought a PS3.

>if you moved or nudged the 360 at all while on it would destroy any disc in the tray

The no games meme started for a reason, user.
The ps3 was a piece of shit until around 2010
The Xbox played multiplats better.
Everyone I knew played Xbox 360 because It had better online and controller.
Also Halo 3 was and still is the greatest multiplayer fps game ever.
>tfw had a 360 since 2008 and never got a red ring
I'm not a fanboy faggot like most of Sup Forums though. The xbox one sucks ass and I have a ps4 for console games and play everything else on pc now

oh yeah my bad
funny thing is i discovered what a network bridge was thank to that
yeah but that's probably to avoid any kind of responsibilities the guy must have panicked

That's not really true. I never once stood my 360 up vertically and I still had 3 RRODs and my Dead Rising disc scratched with a circle.

yeah the first PS3 were godlike
i got a fat one when they got cheaper

I had a launch model 360 and got lucky that mines lasted for 6 years before it kick the bucket.

Ended up doing the towel trick and selling it to some mom on Craigslist so her kid could play MW2

He's not wrong, the PS2 was a wreck until the last few revisions. Then the whole system was anti developer as fuck.

funny thing is you can turn your ps3 upside down with a blue ray in it and it doesn't do anything
i used to do that to troll my xbox fan buddies

>get a 360 slim when M $ says they don't offer free warranty repair on the E74 error
>the case is slightly different where the proprietary hardrive connects
>old harddrive doesnt fit
>crack open the casing on harddrive with pliers because no tiny screwdriver
>it pops right in
The really expected people to buy a second harddrive by putting a little extra plastic on the top.

>Woah my console can tell me when it dies, bless Microgods' technology

>towel trick
This was fucking ridiculous.
Both that people had to resort to it and would try it. You were remelting the solder or paste by overheating and could just as easily bricked it.

Don't get me wrong I love my PS3 and it overtook my love of the 360 however,

>360 RRODs
>take out hard-drive with the simple push of a button and send the system in for repair
>re-attach when you get it back
>continue playing games

>PS3 YLODs
>...

Sony is a piece of shit charging for repairs for that blunder too. And no I did not enjoy having to replay a bunch of games to get back to where I was.

Mfw my hard drive for my 360 slim finally took a shit and it's still over a hundred bucks for a replacement

This

But M $ charged for repair at first as well.
It took them until there were mass recalls for them to back down.

RROD happened from overheating

it was definitely a design error, but it was so easily preventable. The kind of people who got RROD left it inside an entertainment center, closed off with no ventilation and they'd leave it on for hours and hours, both gaming and idle.

>My xbox 360 slim broke
>bought a used arcade launch model in 2011 afterwards.
>Still works to this day

what the fuck

Man, back when I was in college (brit college) a friend of mine brought his PS3 to our anime club to play Naruto UNS3
Guess what happens?

Because it was either this or have to deal with NOGAMES until like 2009 when Sony actually got some video games.

>The kind of people who got RROD left it inside an entertainment center, closed off with no ventilation
Or just sitting on top of a desk like me with nothing surrounding it but the open air.

I didn't.
>Buy original Xbox, have fun with some games
>it red rings out
>Buy a second Xbox
>Buy a 360 when it comes out, have fun with some games
>it red rings out
>Be completely done with Microsoft's gaming hardware after that
The One has some stuff I'd like to play on it but I never will because after both generations died on me in the middle of games I was having fun playing.

>Tfw went through 2 of these things

The original 360 was a piece of shit hardware I don't know of any of the original big white ones that still run and if they do they probably overheat in minutes and run really loud

Atleast they finally got it right with the Slim version

It was better than the PS3 for awhile

How big is the room it's in?
Was it in a corner?
etc.

should i get a 360 if i already own a ps3?

No

It has no exclusives that are worth playing that aren't also on PC

Except maybe Ninja Gaiden 2

>RROD
>RROD with different bits lit up
>E74
>power brick failure
All four of these happened to me with four different 360s. What a piece of shit.

No it can definitely RROD at any time doesn't matter how well you take care of it

This shit was seriously unexcusable. The 360 had the worst fail rate out of any console I've ever seen, so many people on my friends list would just be offline for 30+ days at a time once or twice a year because they red ringed again. Luckily I waited until 2008 to get mine and the only thing that ever broke was the disc drive motor after 2 years

We are all aware, the main point of that post was to rant about losing all your saves when the system died.

>gaylo

Now that's a word I haven't heard in a long time

lost odyssey is on pc?

>not knowing the difference between the red rings and the actual RROD.

Literal pleb tier.

>tfw i want the old 360 to experience the blades again but the old 360s are unreliable as fuck

It's shit. SHIT. Low budget JRPG made by a mediocre cuck.

Only if you don't own an original xbox and want to play those games, but check the BC list first. 360 itself only has 2 games worth playing

This is starting to become bullshit because if you have to make a room that is specifically designed and room temperature controlled just to make sure the system doesnt break, there is a problem with the system, not the owner.

>exclusives worth playing
>lost odyssey
why would you think these two things should be put together?

what about chromehounds?

It was the first next gen console. Why do you think people tolerated the shitty lens issues on early ps2 systems?

user, I said "worth playing".

This is how it did it for me. I was playing Jade Empire and had only been playing for an hour or so, plus I keep my systems in a well ventilated stand away from dust and shit.
It just died. Out of the blue, mid-combo, it just turned off and never turned back on.
I have never had a single Sony or Nintendo system, or even a built PC, die on me.

was that suppose to be funny?

My first two PS3's died on me for no reason. Anything can break, it was just the 360 that was more likely to fail.

The last big GUI update they did for the 360 was stupid and made everything cluttered and confusing.

And for some reason it just keeps getting worse and worse on every microsoft device.

You do realise how retarded you sound right?
If ANY kind of system has a ventilation system it's just common sense to put it in a large room.

Vesperia in English.

what about PGR4?

I only tolerated mine because of Ninja Gaiden 2 and Gears 1-2.

Only reasons I don't outright hate that PoS.

Hi Chad Daddy

This guy is pretty much right. It has a few cool retail exclusives but not many. If you are really into shmups you might want one. It has a nice amount as well as a whole bunch of additional Japan only ones that are region free. A few of them are on Steam now though.

A cheap-ass downloadable title called Bangai-O HD might be my favorite game on the system and I've never even seen people talk about it on Sup Forums. I think fans didn't like it because it's just a pure game with no funny dialogue like the old Bangai-O games but it's fucking amazing to play

youtube.com/watch?v=MrquNESyQHY

makes me wonder how the fuck is this the most sold console of all time

Forza Motorsport 2
Forza Motorsport 3
Forza Motorsport 4

checkmate.

Plus the online service, albeit paid for, was leagues ahead of the shit you had with psn

English Vesperia, my nigga

Was that the one with the "Cell" processor or whatever that made it a bitch to program for?

they didn't people where pissed for a very long time and microsoft just stubbornly refused to change the design

why are you forgetting the fact that it plays multiplats infinitely better than the ps3 or wii?

It's the only "Final Fantasy" type game I played all the way through though so it can't be that bad. I got bored with every other one I tried like FFVII and FFX.

The side stories were fucking awesome.

Because it was under warranty. My replacement worked fine for years.

360 niggers sure did tolerate a lot did they?

>RROD
>Paid P2P
>Kinect
>helped Betheshit with kick starting the DLC craze
>brought in the dude bro demograpic

No, that was the ps3.

This, the damn thing was warranted, so fixing it MAYBE cost you postage.

Also, my old machine never did kick the bucket. It happily hummed it's entire useful life and now sits there as an occasional DVD player / "reminiscing game time" machine.

Sits beside it's almost useless XBone, as the MASTER RACE tower is used almost exclusively now.

It had games

>brought in the dude bro demograpic