Unbiased For Honor review

Let's have a For Honor thread without the shitposting ( from either side of the argument )
So far, it's a very flawed game, but not a terrible one. Let's run it down:

Duel is the only playable mode, ignore the rest as they are 100% cheese tactics. In 2v2 and 4v4 you either gang up on one guy with your friends, or the opposite happens. I've never finished a match in this mode that I thought was fair, no matter the outcome.

The fighting system relies completely on prompts that are on the screen ( QTEs, basically ) which means you'll be staring at icons, not the actual characters. It's literally Simon Says: left arrow shows up, you press left etc.
Some people might be okay with this, I'm not. Especially since they've made such beautiful models and animations.

As usual with every game ever made, the tiny classes are absolutely broken OP, while the slow tanky classes are Hard Mode to play as.

Customization is good. The maps are interesting and cool-looking.

I'd say buy this if you have friends to 2v2 with, or even to duel with. Otherwise avoid it, because Domination will always be terrible unless they completely change the combat, which won't happen any time soon.

4v4 is casual fun. Stop being a salty try hard.

Cheesing and throwing people off the map is fun desu.

games trash

atleast they give us open beta too see its trash

Never said it wasn't fun. Just said it's garbage.

It's better than ur mom

I kicked someone's ass so hard they called me a smelly sock.

Day 1 buy.

Netcode is garbage and nothing will change on release
Samurai classes are annoying to play against

OC for cringe threads, thanks

It's fun for about an hour or two, definitely not worth sixty dollars.

me and my friends tried this shit out yesterday. gave it 2 hours and uninstalled. most of my issues were with the combat.
>require lock on to block.
>lock on zooms in
>locking on slows you so if ur winning the opponent just unlocks and sprints away
>guard break feels useless, movesets seem useless. most of the time spamming rb or poking while sprinting works better
>heavy attacks stagger you if u block them so enemy can keep swinging. just silly
>it is way too easy to gang up on someone and 1v2ing is very difficult if the second guy comes from behind.
>dodging takes too much stam for very little distance, also unresponsive at times.
i could go on but overrall what i read on this game was the combat was intricate and had a skill curve, yet instead its a slow paced spam fest. I've experienced better medieval combat in chivalry with people helicoptering.

>yfw people with taste realized the game is garbage
>yfw normies realized the game isn't worth 60 dollarinos
>yfw you realize Ubisoft shot themselves in the foot with the For Honor beta

I'll add some more to your list

>the counter to guard-breaking literally doesn't fucking work
>some classes are trash, others are too powerful
>not historically accurate, this is a big one for me don't bully
>embarrassingly shit netcode and matchmaking

Who here /autismmode/
>Playing 2v2 with friend
>Friend spawns on pier and immediately gets pushed in the water by some tiny character
They both double team me with no (for) honor
Mfw
>Next round I'm up against the little bitch
>Completely destroy her with out taking a hit
>tell friend to stop fighting other person
>Completely destroy him too
>Spam emotes

why the fuck does every shit game have random npcs running around in multiplayer matches to make it seem like actual stuff is happening.
why make a 4v4 game mode with npcs on the side instead of just making a 12 on 12 territories map or siege map? whats the reason for this shit if im playing multiplayer i wanna fight players not npcs.

Heavy attacks are also stupidly easy to parry. Guard break is overpowered since most people can't get the timing right to cancel it and there's no risk involved if they do. Dodging is another easy way out of heavy attacks and opens most characters up to some good combos. If you really think it's just spam heavy attacks to win then everyone you fought must have come right off the short bus.

Before playing it I too laughed at the 4v4 limit.

Then I saw the combat system. I'd say 2v2 is already too much.

Reminder not to play as knights.

>guard break feels useless, movesets seem useless. most of the time spamming rb or poking while sprinting works better
>heavy attacks stagger you if u block them so enemy can keep swinging. just silly

Git gud

Valid criticisms, though the ganging up thing could really be said for any game where you have much higher odds of dying in a 2v1 like DotA or even fucking CoD.

I feel like it's more of an issue of strategy (don't run in like a dumbass) and the combat system not really being designed for more than 1v1.

Cliffs are there for a reason homie

back to Sup Forums Drumpfster baby.

>like DotA or even fucking CoD
>combat system not really being designed for more than 1v1

The combat being purely for duels is an element not found in either of the games you mentioned.

>call game out on how shit it is
>fanboys cherry pick and say ur just bad at it.
everytime

Jesus Christ you are trash. I fucking decimate people as Warden with his light combo into shoulder bash into light combo heavy finisher. You can't just spam light attacks unless your opponent is a moron. Guardbreaking is vital against good opponents.

>Talk absolute nonsense
>People who actually play the game call you a moron
>Cry about it

i uninstalled after having played half a match, i really dislike this game. i had more fun with the division beta, which is also a fucking awful game.

the download was a waste of bandwidth.

The fighting system doesn't rely on the prompts.
You can disable them in the options menu and you'll be fine as long as you can interpret what the models are doing.
With a QTE there is only one thing you can do but in FH there are a multitude of ways to respond to those prompts and simon says block generally isn't the most optimal.

PK as far as I know is getting a nerf. You should probably git gud though just in case if you can't deal with the Dex characters. But I'm not even gud so I'm not sure if that'd help.

>locking on slows you so if ur winning the opponent just unlocks and sprints away
You can sprint right out of a lockon and as mentioned the opponent can't guard.
It all pretty much has its place. Get better.
Heavy attack right when the swing connects and you parry. Then you get a free guardbreak I think.
>dodging takes too much stam for very little distance, also unresponsive at times.
Might depend on the class and which roll you use. Nobushi takes basically no stam for her little sidehops.

>not historically accurate, this is a big one for me don't bully
This is probably my biggest annoyance as well.
I like the game but the armor just kind of takes me out of it when I focus on it too much.
If there's no bitching Sallet in this I'll be sorely disappointed.

>Can't freely rebind 360 controller inputs

Yeah. That's what I meant. For Honor is kinda stuck in between that, where it has duel elements and no real way to handle juggling targets or gang ups. So people wanna duel but they get ganged up on, a lot like the aforementioned games, and then get angry at it instead of trying to strategize the encounters a bit more.

Once I got a bit of map awareness and knew to disengage when someone was ruining my 1v1 I did just fine.

>dueling
>run up to them
>square
>ram em into a wall
>heavy attack twice while theyre trying to get up
>win

everytime. game is easy mode.

>The fighting system doesn't rely on the prompts.
But the prompts make it easier. If you disable them you're handicapping yourself, and giving your enemy an advantage.

>You can sprint right out of a lockon and as mentioned the opponent can't guard.
They started running first, and can easily run back to their friends, where you'll get gangbanged.
This is even worse if you're playing a slower class.

>It all pretty much has its place. Get better.
When not using a mechanic yields the same results ( or better sometimes, because needlessly making your tactics more complex can lead to fumbling ) it means that mechanic is redundant.

>Heavy attack right when the swing connects and you parry. Then you get a free guardbreak I think.
This is true, though it was just a reply to the other guy.

>Might depend on the class and which roll you use. Nobushi takes basically no stam for her little sidehops.
Same as above

>If there's no bitching Sallet in this I'll be sorely disappointed
same fuckkk

Here's another unbiased review:

It's a steaming piece of shit. Anyone shelling out $60 for this is a huge tool.

Where did the Raider touch you?

Not that guy but I eat raiders for fucking breakfast.

And I main Conqueror, not some broken ass dex character

>"uncomfortable connotation for many"
>literally just muslims

>raider
>one of the easiest classes to take down

settle down, shitter

isnt it funny how /po'/cucks are even more triggerable than the SJWs they always complain about?

Back to your hugbox, kiddo.

git gud

When not using a mechanic yields the same results ( or better sometimes, because needlessly making your tactics more complex can lead to fumbling ) it means that mechanic is redundant.
this is currently a main issue for me. i want to do the mechanics and the moves that each class has. but whenever u try 50% of the time it just leads to you getting fucked. but if i just keep distance and chip at their hp rather than go into lock on combat i win every fight. while also being able to sprint away without lock on delay if it becomes a 1v2.
using the combat mechanics shouldn't yield worse results. i think removing block and lock on together, as well as retaining normal speed would vastly improve the game.

>And I main Conqueror, not some broken ass dex character
>And I main Conqueror

Listen shitheel, you cannot be serious. Conq is OP and is the easiest class to 1vX with. Enjoy your hit-bash repeat spam while thinking you are skilled.

I think the joke flew over your heads.

>t. reddit babby who can't parry

>what is guard-break
>what is countering guard-break is impossible because shit netcode

Fuck off trash

Wrong character for the joke

it's fun but definitely not worth 60$

Is it singleplayer game?

the whole lock on bullshit system sucks

the game sucks outside of fighting 1v1

every game mode sucks as a result

dominion is the worst shit i've ever played

I am buying this game and there is nothing you can do to stop me.

Multiplayer game that can also be played with mods.

They announced a singleplayer campaign for the main game.

80 plus tax in canada

Don't really know how to play this well desu

I do the 4v4 and just get smashed. Vikings seem to ignore blocks

>start out playing the first knight hero
>get to level 5 with him and do pretty shit in every match

>decide to give the first samurai hero a try
>pic related

well i know who the overpowered one is.

Kensei has low health and high damage, he's no different from Warden otherwise. People are just shit.

1 vs 1 still not working?

Will this thing have story mode or its pvp only?

>buying a shit game to spite Sup Forums
Truly sad.

>Try 1v1
>Nobusshi
>Peace keeper
>Nobushi
>Peace keeper
>Nobushi

>All of them bleed/poison and then back off.

the helm splitter and sidestepping move (whatever it's called) is crazily powerful. you can just sidestep basically any attack, hit them with a light attack then go in with a combo, rinse and repeat. i sense a meaty nerf coming after release.

see

the biggest problem with the game is that the game is solely based around 1v1 duels, so the only remotely balanced gamemode is 1v1

*Dominion is a big mess and you don't know what the fuck is going on half the time
*2v2: if your teammate dies you fucking lose every time

the singleplayer I have severe doubts about, because I have no idea how they will implement it. Most likely it'll have a campaign like in the mortal kombat games where there's just cutscenes inbetween fights

It has a singleplayer.

it's fun

>play mode other than 1v1
>get mad about having a non-1v1 fight
what did he mean by this

Yep, I'm sure your day 1 tactics that you used against people who have no idea how to play the game are unbeatable and are indicative of how general play of the game goes

you can't guard break the conq combo you fucking retard, only sidestep it

learn the game

1v1 seems ok in the beta but I can see it getting boring fast. It's a 3d fighting game with a few of it's own mechanics but overall too few moves for each characters and there are only 12 characters.

2v2 and 4v4 gets boring super fast because they are litearlly only about 1v2 situations everywhere which doesn't fit at all into the game's fighting game style combat

the campaign seems to be just a bunch of the same 4v4 maps just with ai and some cinematics between

I'm sure as hell this game right now doesn't worth 60$ but not even half of it.

>But the prompts make it easier. If you disable them you're handicapping yourself, and giving your enemy an advantage.
The claim was that the combat relies completely on indicator prompts that are like QTEs.
Each stance and attack has appropriate animations for their respective orientations as far as I'm aware and they're not like QTEs since there are many ways you can approach the situation.
If you think it's easier to have the indicators on then just use them. It's not like a game designed entirely around quest markers where finding things becomes impossible due to the complete lack of environmental clues.

>They started running first, and can easily run back to their friends, where you'll get gangbanged. This is even worse if you're playing a slower class.
Then just run to your friends. Or play 1v1.

>When not using a mechanic yields the same results ( or better sometimes, because needlessly making your tactics more complex can lead to fumbling ) it means that mechanic is redundant.
Most attacks are useful in some way though. They're tools in your arsenal. Get better and you'll probably find a use for them. I've been maining noskillbushi and most of my shit seems useful enough to use semiregularly and so does most of the shit that my non-shit opponents have been using and so does most of the shit I saw in the movelists.

>not biased
>starts with "who cares if it's shit, it doesnt' count so I like it anyway who cares"
going fucking all out.

can you guys get in a game? i'm sitting in matchmaking forever

the 1v1 mode is nice

i wish it worked like the "duel practice" mode where you + enemy just instantly respawn and keep fighting instead of taking a longass time going "ROUND THREEEEEE" in between each kill

it seems like you'll only get dominion now

Dominion is a fucking clusterfuck and will drop you out because of lagging BRs

>The claim was that the combat relies completely on indicator prompts that are like QTEs.
Counters are a big part of combat.
The difference of difficulty between countering with prompts, and countering without prompts, is so great that practically speaking you rely on the prompts.

>Then just run to your friends
Not if you're a slow class and they're a fast one.
>Or play 1v1
I hope you're not trying to defending the game with that statement. Entire game modes being broken due to the fighting system is a huge flaw.

>Most attacks are useful in some way though. They're tools in your arsenal. Get better and you'll probably find a use for them. I've been maining noskillbushi and most of my shit seems useful enough to use semiregularly and so does most of the shit that my non-shit opponents have been using and so does most of the shit I saw in the movelists.

My previous statement still stands. If you can kill someone good with a few simple attacks, why bother making it more complex?

>b-but fun
Fun in a multiplayer game is destroying people, and right now cheesing lets me do it better than not cheesing. That means the game's unbalanced.

>opponent is about to swing at you diagonally
>do i block overhead or block right?
*blocks right*
*death by overhead swing*
>mmk

I have a free code for this or ghost recon

Didn't get a chance to play ghost recon. So far I am really bad at this and die a lot in 4v4 but I'm only level 2

Was ghost recon good

Well fuck Im blind. I will take my leave in shame.

You're mighty quick at dropping games. It's trash but jesus, level 2?

>kensei

Literally the least overpowered samurai class

>opponent is about to swing at you diagonally
>on-screen prompt says "up"
*le epic meme block up*
*le epic attack gets blocked*
>fuck off

i rate it get nioh/10

Why is this game so slow? i thought it was supposed to be a fast paced medieval combat. yet everything i do slows me down. turn speeds is slow, locking on turns me into a turtle. it seems i gotta go right next to the guy i wanna fight before fighting him or else we just stand super far away from eachother holding guard.

I have never seen these on screen prompts

This

I used to main Nobushi before I knew how OP it was but I had to stop because I felt too guilty playing her

>medieval combat
>has combatants from roughly 800, 1100, and 1500

i dread to think what the others are like

>run in
>use your running attack
>lock on
Even if I'm the one getting hit first, 9/10ths of my fights start like that right up on each other. The game gets faster once you learn the ins and outs of your character. The only time no one should be attacking is when everyone's stamina is gone.

I thought was just where i was holding my analog stick tbqhwy famalam

>This thing that isn't a QTE actually is because I say it is

You really need some eye-glasses.

Here, I reuploaded the same image but only with the portion you missed

>semantics
QTE or not, the combat is trash and most game modes are unplayable.

>Counters are a big part of combat. The difference of difficulty between countering with prompts, and countering without prompts, is so great that practically speaking you rely on the prompts.
Then just use the indicators if you can't get used to not using the indicators.

>Not if you're a slow class and they're a fast one.
Your friend can probably hold off an enemy for long enough for you to get there if they're not caught off guard. If the enemy just arrives there then there's not time to coordinate and fuck with your friend.
Blocking is very easy for your second target. You just need to block whatever side they're on. Then it's a 2v2 again.
Unless the other enemy was just standing there gormlessly twiddling his thumbs the whole time and it's been 1v2 from the getgo.
>I hope you're not trying to defending the game with that statement. Entire game modes being broken due to the fighting system is a huge flaw.
I'm just saying that if you have a problem with ganging up or running away then play a 1v1.

>My previous statement still stands. If you can kill someone good with a few simple attacks, why bother making it more complex?
Different opponents and different arenas and different skill levels rely on different approaches.
You can make it complex if need be and most of the moves have their situational uses.
It's not like they all have incredibly long input chains or anything.

I wouldn't know since I got an anti cheat error for no reason, then kept randomly getting disconnected from games. I'll just call it a trash game and be done with it.

I always just look at the enemy. Never noticed that

It tells you in the tutorial very clearly.

>You can make it complex if need be
But there isn't a need. Spamming the grab as Peacekeeper is extremely efficient, why bother making it complex?

Pretty light goalposts you got there. Must be because they're still wrong.

other shit you missed:
it flashes right at the moment you're supposed to parry

I think he's bullshitting and trying very hard to backpedal from the shitty joke he made a few posts ago.

'\__O__/'

Because the moment someone counter grabs you you're fucked.