3D models in visual novel cutscenes

>3D models in visual novel cutscenes

Absolutely disgusting.

are they more dynamic than typical 2D ones, or do they just stand there and might as well be 2D?

>waifu pandering visual novel shit

Play real games you retard neet

They just slightly bobble back and forth.

Might as well be 2d. The only real difference is that there is a transition between animations, but they'll stay in the animation for that specific dialouge. Nights of azure was really bad at it and had people leave the scenes sliding in a 2d manner.

>waifu pandering
So it's a game that panders to waifus?

3D can be made to work. However, I do prefer 2D sprites over 3D models for the characters.

Those look pretty decent. The only VN I've played with 3D models is Robotics;Notes Elite and the models in those were very crisp and nicely animated. Some, like the 360 Ever 17 remake, look like a disaster though.

>Some, like the 360 Ever 17 remake, look like a disaster though.
I still don't get that remake. I can maybe understand updating the game's assets but why the fuck was it made for the 360. Way to make even less sales since the 360 didn't sell to well in Japan if I am remembering my facts right.

>Visual novel cutscenes
What a fucking retard.

What would you call them?

Just call it cutscene? ADV?

i think MS paid some jp companies for exclusivity. Like Dream Club, Stein's;Gate was also originally a 360 exclusive, along with console ports of Muv Luv Alternative, Chaos;Head, and the extra C;H dating games that never got translated.

holy fuck literally same face

A-1 for you.

Anime studios don't make character designs.

More like that's A-nime for you

The only thing on faces you need to change is eye color. What, do you want them to have different size noses and shit?

That's not even bad, ZTD looked horrible because it tried to go full 3D

The models and animations are the least of ZTD's problems.

Although, I should say, VLR isn't exactly exempt either.

I love how Sup Forums has no brain and it just follows this one mob mentality and spits meme all around. ZTD is a pretty good game.

>ZTD is a pretty good game.
No it isn't. Being a 6/10 mediocre game does not qualify as good. It did not live up to what VLR had set up.

>if you hate a game a lot of people hate then you have a one mob mentality

>anything with Ion being disgusting

Yeah, fuck you too.

Especially since I'm ok with you most of the time but the surge concerto serie is one of the only ones that is nice about it.

The real issue is the low resolution

>tfw Ion's game will never be translated

nah, that's 90% of anime from every age

And is fuckign annoying to play iin jap anyway because it'snot exactly "easy to understand" japanese. Damn.
Well, it IS a vita game so it's less obvious on a small screen.
The nosurge serie was made out of scraps anyway, even if I like it way better than the atelier one.

>GUST will continue to churn yurishit while this series about love and music gets abandoned

If only ArNosales sells well. And no hope for PC port too now that Sophie port runs like shit.

Some games do it justice, especially for conveying emotion. Laughing and shock work a lot better in 3D Model GIF form than flat image form. VLR, pic related, is a good example of 3D models that aren't super intensive but make the game feel a lot more "real".

Are Policenauts/Snatcher considered VNs?

They try to be adventure games, but progressing between screen usually doesn't have any thought in it. You just have to exhaust every option or click everything on the screen. They do have have shooting sequences, but those are like 10% of the game at most.

But yuri is the purest form of love.

At least I've seen in an interview that they intend to continue to SC serie after Nosurge. Let's just hope that they will do it and not change their mind halfway through. Or go to mobileshit instead like tons of other devs.

I always thougt that seeing the genometrics/comsmospheres in VR would be interesting given how ridiculous some can be. Hell, a new nosurge would be a must if only for the OST, even people who disliked AR had to admit that the OST was stellar.

>ZTD a good game

VLR was a good game, it left up a lot of questions that the fans were pretty hyped up to get answered. Then MINDHACC, ALIENS, 2 CARLOS, WHEELCHAIR OLD MAN WAS THERE ALL THE TIME happened.

Everything was leading to something really interesting and ended up being so convoluted and forced it was just a trainwreck of halfassed ideas.

Full 3d was a fucking mistake.

>You just have to exhaust every option or click everything on the screen.

Huge part of the reason why I stay away from old games like that. At least VNs usually keep choices at points where it actually matters instead of tedious clicking of 'options' like look, talk, think, go, and other unnecessary commands like that.