What the hell went wrong?

What the hell went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Games_Workshop_video_games
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Shit UI and shit combat. Idk why anyone can't make a good 40k game.

Too expensive and didn't have a demo/open beta.

Shit IP
Shit devs

I've actually looked forwards to this game and I didn't even know it was out until this very moment.

that's fucked up

>It's only a shit IP if I didn't play it

I think streumon got too caught up in all the decorations and making it look and feel like you're onna space hulk without paying too much thought to the optimization.

I can imagine Focus Home Interactive or whoever the publisher was wanted them to rush it out seeing as how it had been delayed before, and with stuff like the flamer being taken out due to 'performance issues in multiplayer' they knew there were problems that needed to be fixed, but it was too little too late.

With luck there might be some super duper patch that fixes everything, but it'll still have made its mark on the minds of people that won't want to give it a second chance.

Shit performance.

Game lacks variety overall, is/was kinda buggy, ran badly and the single player is ruined by horrible AI to the point you're pretty much stuck with a specific loadout.

Honestly i don't even think the game would be that bad if they fixed the issue but it wouldn't be great either, it's just not that fun after a few hours.

I would've forgiven a lot of its problems if there was a good story mode.

>even though you use a psy-gate to go back to your ship on demand, you still need to get to a teleporter beacon to escape for some reason
>Grand Master Belial talking about how the hive fleet is approaching and they're going to use the detonation of the space hulk to wipe it out
>short cutscene of the hulk kind of exploding before booting you to the main menu
wow

-Build up a fanbase by once again using Warhammer/40k
-Game unoptimized as shit
-No actual content
-No variety
-Bugs/crashes up the ass
-No actual updates
-Delayed updates

>games workshop ip
They cheaped out on the product, just like their tabletop figures.

>Endtimes was meh
>Deathwing was meh
>WH shovelware strategy games are meh at best

Why would they treat their best IP worse like some crack whore? What the fuck is wrong with those people.

but MUH LEGS AND BROZOUF MAN
what the fuck happened?

>Focus Home Interactive

Speaking of which has anyone else noticed just how fucking fast FHI has grown as a publisher? I swear to god, they're publishing so much of decent to good mid-size projects.

They just cannot get fucking 40K right. Well, except Space Marine, I loved that game.

Fremch studio, the actual people who made eye were probably replaced by refugees.

PCucks with shitty computers were the problem

>Why would they treat their best IP worse like some crack whore?
Lolwut? Since when they started treat Age of Guilliman like some crack whore?

dunno eternal crusade is pretty good desu

pre ordered
my favorite part was uninstalling it

lack of content and not much reason to run the content more than a few times

>Age of Guilliman
PURGE THIS

This is what you get for preordering, cuck. I bet it was all your fault!

Because GW doesn't really care and Fantasy as a whole was apparently doing poorly compared to 40k Switching gears to Age of Sigmar was still beyond retarded, but there's financial logic to it. As far as video games go they're obviously licensing rights willy-nilly and don't understand what could potentially do well. I'm glad they're doing it, though - could you ever imagine Necromunda, Mordheim or Man O' War ever getting adaptations otherwise?

E.Y.E. devs are not actually a good developer. E.Y.E. was a mess on so many levels so it was silly to expect from them a great game.

Hell, even if they were a good developer like half of the studio quit during their move to Paris so it's not even the same people anyway.
>I can imagine Focus Home Interactive or whoever the publisher was wanted them to rush it
Don't blame it all on a publisher when the previous game they released was unfinished and they actually lied to their customers about it.
They just don't have a good record with releasing a finished products.

what in the fuck is that thing? Looks like some abstract art project.

magnetic nuclear fusion reactor
aka hot water

>general FUSION
gee I fucking wonder

>>Endtimes was meh

End Times was a great trainwreck and interesting read, with shit like Dwarfs putting up a continent-wide shield wall for example, but holy shit did it fuck up Warhammer Fantasy.

he's talking about the game, you algebraic faggot

You mean Vermintide?

yes you arithmetic pansy

>Why would they treat their best IP worse
Deathwing/Space hulk is pretty much its own IP that they don't really develop. So is a bunch of other warhammer products you are seeing.

Most of those IPs are not actually very good. Space hulk specifically are pretty shallow and game quality we got is actually not that far off from the overall quality of IP.

GW only really cares about primary WH franchises, not the side games.

I'm not quick to blame the publisher this time. streumon has already shown with EYE that they're dog-shit at optimizing their games.

What seems more likely to me is that their dev team has a lot of good idea guys but sub-par/unprofessional coders.

Vermintide was and still is dope.

Basically everything.
Especially AI, gunplay, animation, sound design.
Fuck me, it has one of the worst sound designs I have ever heard.

Very little replayability and variety, got boring really fast.

>random loot simulator
>dope

>thinking loot matters that much in vermintide

it's a crutch and excuse for bad players

Too White
Too Male
Too Catholic

Space Marine and Dawn of War beg to differ. Why can't anyone but relic make a good 40K game?

sure, tell it to the common shitter in nightmare\cata who just bought the game off the sales

Too non-white
Too degenerate
Too Muslim

>Why would they treat their best IP worse like some crack whore?
Because the people who gave a damn about their product are not in charge anymore and have subsequently left, replaced by the new generation of retards who lapped up everything that was shoehorned in since the suits took over GW.

It would have been better if GW had been bought by WotC or something than putting cutthroat businessmen in charge.

these two games are old as fuck
space marine and retribution were 6 years ago, user
and the new dawn of war looks like total ass
eternal crusade is fun to play, but ungodly unbalanced and poorly optimized\polished

Out of 20 Warhammer games only 2 are good and few decent, what's wrong with the franchise?

its not crazy like E.Y.E was. Seriously where's my leg upgrades, where's my invisibility and mind hacks? I don't give a fuck about 40k lore, the characters move super slowly it's boring as fuck

even relic lost a lot of their touch with space marine already.

Eternal Crusade is pure shit.

>and the new dawn of war looks like total ass

It's beyond me how they got the Ork VA so wrong. It's like all the Orks are bored or something.

>I don't give a fuck about 40k lore
GW licensing is extremely strict and you basically cant deviate into gameplay improving gimmicks unless you swallow a lot of their cock.

>2 good
Which ones?

your opinion has been noted down

that is not old as fuck.
Try chaos gate and final liberation.

>complain from the start that the termis are slow and clunky as fuck
>nuh-uh they are supposed to be like that
Oh look, turns out the gameplay is shit. And they aren't even suppose to be slow and clunky in lore.

That sucks. It ruined the game for me. Screw the lore I want to create waves and mindhack my friend while he's fighting genestealers wondering what the fuck is going on and why have we been on this spacehulk for 5000 years

>dude i dislike the genre therefore its bad xD

There has to be a lot of deepthroating going on with their games, considering all of them are medium to heavy lore violations.

I agree. It's nothing like what they promised, but if you go in expecting the multiplayer from Space Marine but with more factions, it's pretty good.

so what, mr faggot, are you racing for the hipster prize?
fuck off you and these retarded games, we're talking about relic games you edulcorated faggot

But we have somersaulting terminators in the newest 40K game.

>people defending this game during the beta

This has been proven false, in an interview a relative of GW said they drop their licensing like it's fucking free, they only assign a retard overlooking the licensed project to make sure there aren't any big discrepancies, like orks not being orky.

>EC shills shitting on this game even when it was only a couple of videos
I'm not defending Deathwing by any means, but take the comments you read here with a grain of salt. Eternal Crusade faggots are so overcome with buyer's remorse they feel the need to lash out at this game, when they're both terrible for different reasons.

You appear to be upset.

meet me in the apothecarium libraris, faggotlord
no power armor, no weapons, only bare hands
see what happens, cuntlord
gonna make you squeal for your corpse emperor

They sell licenses like hotcakes but they are really bad at allowing any kind of fun gameplay deviations, it goes way past just "orks need to be orky". Previous Space hulk devs (Full control) have been communicating what they can and can't do with franchise and it's been extremely limited for them.
Basically no variation in enemies, no deviation from core of the IP mechanics they bought.
Deathwing is pretty much same IP so there's no way Streumon were allowed to do much with it when Fullcontrol weren't.

>Mordheim
Mein Neger. Mordheim + Warhammer Total War are my favorite WH games ever made.

Dark times, no I mean literally dark since 40k now exist in the darkness beneath the shadow of Leviathan on it's own niche (tabletop games).

Because they need to give the IP rights to AAA devs.

>Because they need to give the IP rights to AAA devs.
>implying AA devs will pay for 40k IP

Sega already has main franchise rights, I really doubt anyone else can have it.
All the other devs are stuck with sidegames.

Take a good look at this list:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Games_Workshop_video_games

And tell me how many of them were proper triple AAA projects.

>Sega already has main franchise rights
Are you talking about Total War Warhammer? That game was really good, hope they make a TW WH 2 after they're done with the DLCs.

Triple A is a fucking meme, they just need to contract competent devs. Like, negotiate with Obsidian to make a Warhammer Fantasy RPG or something.

>Playing Mordheim right now with a semi-succesful warband of battle bitches.
Matriach fucking shit up with a giant flail.

There is no relationship between GWS vidya and GWS tabtletop with the TB making far more money than the vidya ever does.

GWS said this years ago and fuckers still dont understand it. 40k vidya is to GWS what vidya is to konami, a side venture that makes a very small amount of money in comparison to their main business.

but here is the problem, AAA devs aren'tgoing to pay for 40k IP the price what GW demands.
>Are you talking about Total War Warhammer?
TWW and DoW

I can't play as sisters of Sigmar at all, because their faces look butt fucking ugly and not ladylike at all. I know it's realistic that attractive women probably wouldn't be part of a cult of borderline suicidal fanatics, but it still fucking sucks how ugly hey are, ugh.

the game seemed like it was rushed out the door, there wasn't that much time between the reveal and release

>a side venture that makes a very small amount of money in comparison to their main business.
>literally saved GW last annual

There isnt going to be a sequel twat the game is getting two standalone expansions.

The UI is garbage , the combat is garbage, people were expecting a good MP Coop Game but since the MP Mode was shoved in later it suffered. They also kinda fucked up the atmosphere. For example nothing is written in Latin but normal English.

>Real life is as stagnant as 40k.
>Business hasn't changed massively in regards to vidya now where we have digitial distribution.
>Cut costs of CD production.
>Cut costs of destribution.
>Sell to a much larger market.

This is why you will never be succesful user

>GWS said this years ago and fuckers still dont understand it. 40k vidya is to GWS what vidya is to konami, a side venture that makes a very small amount of money in comparison to their main business.
Yeah they said it before 2014 when their shares tanked and they went into panic mode.
If you haven't noticed they've completely changed their policy towards Warhammer games in the last few years, which is why you are seeing so many games.
They've reanimated a ton of old dead subfranchises just to keep themselves from shrinking and are shitting out Warhammer videogame licenses to people.

The only thing they havent backtracked on is "you can't make a warhammer strategy game that competes with tabletop" all the wargames have been limited and shallow as shit.

No. It absolutely did not. Their best year was from TWW release and ALL their IPS plus that was just around 7m. A drop in the ocean for a company that generates millions more than that yearly.

Yoire not so stupid you think a company reducing it profits for a few years means its dead right? Because thats the level of stupid I would expect from a child.

It's a best visual representation of Warhammer 40k though.
Levels were beautiful

The game sold really well, there's literally zero chance they won't make a sequel after they're done with the DLC and expansions.

Not him, but it matters a lot when maps get preferential treatment because people want the maximum loot possible. I grew pretty fucking tired of the first map but it's all anyone wanted to play.

I want you to go read their financial reports and realize how stupid you are.

CA has explicitly said the game is getting two standalones you uneducated twat

Did I hurt your feelings user?
Do you need a safespace?

>Focus Home Interactive
>Surprised

Pick one.

Shame about Streum.

EyE got lucky with design and story just shows they can't put a game together.

Uhh, no? First teaser came out in 2013. How's three years not enough time?

>A drop in the ocean
It was totally free drop,
>Yoire not so stupid you think a company reducing it profits for a few years means its dead right?
Nope, but I think when company meets with 20-25% drops of sales and after they keep falling for next few years means something.

No they hanvt changed it at all. They have always given it out freely to anyone who asks and agreed to not change the lore.

God damn you kids need to learn vidya isnt the only way to make money. GWS doesnt give a shit. They are still the biggest fantasy TB producer in the world and that wave isnt going to end any time soon.

>If you haven't noticed they've completely changed their policy towards Warhammer games in the last few years, which is why you are seeing so many games.
We've seen shitton of cheap Warhammer games since THQ collapse

The only thing you hurt is yourself by being purposely ignorant.