Daily reminder that this actually happened

daily reminder that this actually happened

Sure.

PC master race amirite?

This just in. Valve try things that don't work the way they expect and then improve upon that formula! See DotA2 custom game support.

Good thing they reverted it and Valve are back to being as based as ever. Also, it was Bethesda's idea.

daily reminder that paid mods would actually be the perfect way for involving more people to the industry creating more content and benefiting for all, but pc players are too fucking greedy and autistic to grasp this

>paid mods arn't a thing
>literally have to pay for CS:GO skins
>and sprays
Senpai you best be joking Valve openned the market for payed mods sinc every game follows that shitty crate system and you didnt even realize it.

t. console cuck mad he cant mod for free

>Shit that has no impact on gameplay

Do you really believe that?

We all know that all paid mods would have done is attract people with a tiniest amount of modding capability to make gimmicky/"funny" garbage for 99 cents while hardworking modders would make good content and charge appropriately but no one would buy it because the price is too high.

The only reason mod creators didn't already charge money for their shit is because they'd get shut the fuck down.

>Valve are back to being as based as ever
I don't usually assume posters age but I am willing to hazard a guess you're underage.

baited

daily reminder that anyone with actual talent who is interesting in working in the industry for money is already making their own video games instead of dealing with fucking garbage limited modding toolsets and paid modding would literally not have changed that in the slightest

This. I am genuinely astounded that:
1. People made such a fuss about this.
2. Valve/Bethesda actually ended up shutting this down.

I'm sure the same babbies who complained about this are the same idiots who God knows how many Valve created, overpriced cosmetic items for their cancer games.

>I would rather a game developer keep making games and shit on their legacy further
You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain. And besides, the games Valve has right now are better than anything we'll see in a decade anyhow.

(You)

> no one would buy it because the price is too high.
Can you prove any of that, because there are a lot of people who support good modders via donations RIGHT NOW.

>PC modders perfectly content with doing it as a hobby for nearly three decades
>some of them even got jobs because of their mod work, but never specifically monetized their work
>donation system opens possibility of making a little money on the side, nobody complains
>paid mods made possible by Valve working with Bethesda
>the new market is suddenly filled with starving artists and scammers stealing content from free sources to sell off to people

If anything, the whole fiasco was a great litmus test to see who the hidden jews were.

To Valve this seemed like a great idea but since the average person is a greedy fuck it was a disaster. The reason Valve wanted this (besides money):

-Encourages more devs to include mod support
-Encourages and funds the creation of more professional mods (something like Black Mesa for more games)

I'd like to see them take another shot at it but maybe prevent being able to charge for it until it has a certain level of acclaim. I wouldn't mind seeing professional studios exclusively making mods for other games, would be pretty cool.

Imagine if there were professional studios that exclusively created mods for other games. Would be pretty cool.

>Make retarded post
>Get told
>hurr durr baited xd

I can't honestly see it. Part of what makes many mods good is that they're not professionally done, but rather that they're made by dedicated fans. Any established modding company would arguably just go the route of making alternate costumes/skins and selling them like Valve already does for CSGO/TF2/Dota2, rather than mods of worth.

The funny thing is that if such a thing was introduced on the consoles instead, people would eventually give in and accept it as a norm.
That's how you faggots accepted shit like paid online after being told that without this contribution your corporate overlords wouldn't be able to provide proper service.

A reminder it happened too early. Give it a few years, and they'll recycle the idea using a new branding, and people will swallow this shit up.

The only good thing that came out of the failed attempt for paid mods was that we were able to tell which modders were based and which ones were dirty jews

>valve
>based
lmao

At least the users didn't gobble it up like console users do with paying for online and got it taken away.

>this post

So, is this the thread where people are creating "Sup Forums defended paid mods!" narrative for the upcoming thread?