What's the verdict?

What's the verdict?

Pretty good

Is good mang

Great game with some minor issues.

If you have a PS4 its an essential pickup imo.

It's Onimusha but with better controls.

it's good shit.

80% diablo with 20% repetitive souls/bb combat with very little depth

Good, its basically Onimusha meets Souls games meets Ninja Gaiden

fun

Great

Bought this gsme and Yakuza 0 at the same time. Did I do good?

it's a true AA game and a weird window into what modern games might have looked like if it weren't for western movie shit

>shiggy duel
>block his iai strike
>rip stamina
>dead
>dodge it
>NOPE
>rip stamina
>dead

There's not any way to deal with this, is there? I'm at fucking level 50 and his strongest iai strike instantly kills me. Medium armor above level 45 and still getting absolutely facefucked against him.

why the fuck wont this fat cunt drop his head piece?

Yeah

Are you dodging away or the side? If so, dodge into the strike and roll.

Literally every fucking attack that I block completely drains all of my ki.

Loving it.
2017 is starting off absurdly good.

Circle around the rock on the left side of the arena. Completely nullifies his iai attacks.

Meets Diablo

GOTY material

I never played Diablo but whatever

Solid 8/10

It's good. Basically what other people said, it's Onimusha with better controls, and we've needed a new Onimusha for a while now.

How do you know what drops what? is there a compiled list out yet ?

he's dropped every other part of his set so i assume he drops the hat

Ninja Gaiden meets Souls, but not as good as either on its own

Still, decent

Dodge directly into his move, you go under the attack.

Use Lifeseal talismans

Spirit/Magic build with Living Weapon is seriously broken for the final boss. Killed him first try in 1 minute and feel bad about it.

I thought the final boss was Yamata no Orochi

>Amazon out of copies
>Have to go to FUCKING GAMESTOP and pay full price for it
What the fuck happened?

It's not even close to ninja gaiden, grow a brain and stop parroting other retards

You can't even fucking jump

The good:
>Absolutely phenomenal combat. Takes the souls formula and changes it so its a completely fresh experience.
>Weapon customization allows for maximum autism when it comes to min/maxing.
>No ng+++++ game goes into 'way of the samurai' difficulty and nothing beyond with levels capping at 150
>multiplayer is not level specific so you can help people in the first level as someone who has cleared everything. You will be downscaled to them.
The Bad
>Diablo loot system means there is no reason to explore the map, all you will find is consumables which you are already capped out on
>"Soul matching" raises a low level item to max level. This sounds excellent on paper. But the gold cost to keep a piece of armor you like on your level is absolutely absurd.
>No way to move skills from one weapon to another. You have to pay a chunk of money to re roll individual skills and pray to god you get something good.
>Clan system looks like a good platform for multiplayer but as of now all it is, is a leader board for collection points. No pvp, no special quests. No nothing.
>Enemy variety is low so after a while all the encounters start feeling pretty much the same.

If you don't count the last main mission in the Tower of London

you didnt pre-order the game

What is refilling your Living Weapon bar?

I have a PS4, I didn't buy it, I don't like these type of games

>mfw main 1KAT and 2KAT
>Looking like a badass with all my swords

2kat is the shittest weapon in the game

Game NEEDS invasions. Its already got the Souls feel, but its extremely lacking, even with Revenants. Maybe if Revenants could summon themselves

Holy shit, the earth element looks so cool in a weapon. Having wind and earth as elements is awesome, in most games we have the basic fire and lightning elements. Water looks neat too.

Best game since Bloodborne. Not as good of course but still better than anything the PC has.

Fedora: The post

There is a talisman for that. Plus one that increases the rate your bar fills. Plus the boss already drops Amrita on hit I think.

>mid stance vs humans
>high stance vs yokai
>low stance vs boss

is this how it works?

Shit dark souls clone with shit dark souls combat, will be forgotten in 2 months and then faggots will be pining for the sequel which will probably get shit out in 9 months.

Please don't ruin the thread with console war shit.

>tfw bought this game on fucking gamestop today
>almost no experience with dark souls games
>played the demo and got rekt and rekt and rekt there
I think i did a mistake bros

>wanting pvp nonsense.

It ruined Souls. I'm hoping I get the plat before they patch in pvp because it leads to nothing but shit.

>Mid stance vs everything
This is how it works.

Also slow attacks will fuck you up against Yokai and Bosses.
They don't really stagger unless you break their Ki.

Not as good as For Honor

>will be forgotten
>will get sequel

Fucking what?

Reminder
Don't use onmyo magic. Dont be a filthy magic user. Join your bro Hanzo and become a skilled ninja.

You can move some skills from one weapon to another. There's a symbol next to skills that can be inherited. Check out the blacksmith info

What if the pvp they're adding is ffa arenas with dozens of players? Absolute chaos

But you could turn PVP off in Souls. Youcan complete the WHOLE game without ever turning on PVP. But pvp added to the fun. Jumping into other's games and going through pvp hijinks was great

Why?

Depends on the weapon, for Kusarigama for example it's, Low Stance vs all single enemies, Mid Stance vs Groups, High Stance for poking.

I don't think that's even viable without insane amounts of lag.

>Muh rock-paper-scissors arena simulator.
>Good

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Slow down be patient, first night I played last chance demo I was pretty drunk and could hardly do a goddamn thing.
Woke up took my time and finally understood.
It's got a learning curve for sure but once you get it man do you feel bad ass I promise.

Until they balance the game around PvP shitters whining.

Go away Ubishill
The games aren't even remotely similar

lame ass souls clone

>Ki Pulsing
>Stance switching
>Ki Pulsing into stance switching
>Customizable combos
>Ki management
>Combos that involve switching weapons

How's it feel not being able to beat the intro?

they started balancing around pvp. you'd get patches with shit tons of weapon nerfs and buffs because of pvp. you can't just ignore it, and if they do that to nioh then about half the skills in the game will be nerfed

Not saying he's right, I love the game but everyone forgot about Watch_Dogs and it still got a sequel.

It's like Skyrim, but more weeb. Ki is basically your Magicka, bosses are pretty easy too. I'd settle on a more challenging game, like fallout 4

Yeah that makes sense, once i learn moves, skills, armors etc. I haven't even opened the plastic on my copy yet. It's actually the first physical copy i buy of something in a long time

>there is no reason to explore the map
KODAMA
O
D
A
M
A

Confirmed for not playing.

Ki is literally your stamina

>Wow the gentiles really like süChivalry better shit out the same thing but more streamlined, less balanced, more brown and less fun - for the low low price of 90 dollar Digital Deluxe with 5 exclusive DLC!
>better than anything

You couldn't tell that was a shitpost from "It's like Skyrim"?

Ninja skills are useless. status effects don't work half the time and stealth is shit

The verdict is that I can't do the fucking Tempest skill. I even unlocked the second tier and I can't fucking do it. I feel mentally challenged.

It can be done, but it would be a really stupid idea.

The
>more challenging, like fallout 4
was a better bait cue actually.

I always forget I even have that skill tree. Only ever used the ailment cures, everything else feels so useless

Good game. Ironic that this game does dueling so much better than fucking For Honor.

I see you Todd

I've been watching a lot of this game on twitch and I feel this is a game worth buying a PS4 for. It's all I've been thinking about lately.

Please convince me to not go through with it. I have no self control and a more logical part of me doesn't want to go through with it.

Just met her. What a cutie!

>Twilight mission opens up
>its 30 levels below me
>Try it out
>All the gear drops are unusable.

Why didn't they just make twilight mode selectable from all the levels? Someone from their MMO department must have convinced them walling off level specific constant with time gates was a good idea.

>Bought a PS4 last week cause it's on sale and I wanted to play Gravity Rush
>Alright, what else is on this piece of junk
>Yakuza 0
>Nioh
>Kingdom Hearts 2.8
>Nier and Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 in March
>My fucking wallet

I thought you fuckers said this had no games. At least let it die is free

>mfw beating edgy dual wielders with your superior axe
feels good man

>common drunk

i think it'd work if all the twilights were "endgame," and that might be true in way of the strong. but yeah, it's screwed up here, i just booked it past all the mobs to the boss

I'm not buying a PS4 until it becomes backwards compatible out of principle, and if it never does then PS4 emulation will happen eventually, which ever comes first.

>80% diablo

So it's a top down isometric hack n slash?

It doesn't have "Only on PlayStation" written on the box.

Better than every soulsborne game

if i had to rank souls games now it would be Nioh>DeS>DS3>DS1>DS2>BB

>Ninja Gaiden

Stop this fucking meme, there is literally ZERO Ninja Gaiden in this. ZERO

> no moth girl guardian spirit

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Nioh>DeS>DS3>DS1>DS2>B

Game is too god damn easy. Diablo loot is a flaw.

Good game that has a solid mechanics.
However there are some game breaking bugs (like Magatama of Fire) which really lowers its value.

Hopefully it will get patched and it can be fixed but its a pain having to restart from scratch.

People who say the game is too easy haven't progressed to the hard parts yet.

Who is she exactly? Which lucky fucker's harem of concubines does she make part of?

I haven't been paying much attention to the story since I keep forgetting everyone's names.

Bloodborne is better